Recipes: Cooking or Baking & More! 🍰📝

@mademoiselle thank you :wow: am I? I'm not into that table cloth yet! Hahahahaha. That is frangipani flower, cuteeee right. BUT here in my hometown people called it graveyard flowers wth (but the tree is there in my home) xDD I like how the flower respected more in Bali, they treasure this flower a lot for religious offerings

but btw to call me 'domestic' feels so wrong I'm spending time much out of home xD in NORMAL days lol where is my normal since the past 2 years anyway, it changes hahahaha

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I am OK with baking, again, only bake if it looks easy but I do have this tendency in me where I might go crazy baking just to muster the skills and then once I got it I'd stop - like macarons. I don't bake macarons anymore after I move house - the oven in current house is crap. No time to bake or cook anyway - Oppa watching has taken over my spare time.

ooo macaraoons, poor em forgotten & defeated by oppas xD

• Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama Frangipani has nice fragrance isn't it? I think I've bought candles of Frangipani scent.

yes it is! But soft, not strong so to put just a little of it will not disturb the other senses in the dish x)

btw @SilverMoonTea for WFH-saver dishes, do you already checked this channel? Abu Tosca?

Spoiler

well and this tomato soup, don't mind the pregnant title LOL but it is my go-to when I'm lazy but need something warm

ways with tomatoes

or Devina's lol

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

@mademoiselle I haven't finished the video but I should say I really like that tofu spatula slaps at 0:48 :laugh: tofu spanking 😂😂

after watch:

I think the taste will ok so so because it is more like tofu omlette with pizza appearance and flavouring aka the sauce + mozarella, NOT the pizza pizza base with dough and tofu toppings (this will be super weird.. Bread alike with tofu)

• Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

3 hours ago, bairama said:

but seems the most 'domestic' between us is meeee?? 😂😂 Tho I really suck at making pretty baking lololols seems I'm much more like Dhakra, cooking is my jam but baking? ARRRRRR

My cooking is domestic aswell. Maybe with some italian things on the side. But since I cook a lot for my mother aswell, my recipes are basic german cuisine with some specialties here and there.

I really suck at baking, whenever I try it I fail miserably. Though any of me female friends always tell me how easy it is and that you just put everything in a bowl, mix it and put it into the oven. But somehow it always tastes bad.

The only thing I do sometimes is making my own pizza crust.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Welcome @Dhakra come share your cooking/recipes with us some times! @SilverMoonTea is looking for so life-savings but easy to cook food while she WFH.

Haha, I will do. I always wanted to translate my recipes anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I really suck at baking, whenever I try it I fail miserably. Though any of me female friends always tell me how easy it is and that you just put everything in a bowl, mix it and put it into the oven. But somehow it always tastes bad.

exactly I always feel like this or if it not tastes bad, my dough will not turns out as I imagine when it gets out from the oven 😂😂😂 its not fancy like the tutorial!!

15 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

My cooking is domestic aswell. Maybe with some italian things on the side. But since I cook a lot for my mother aswell, my recipes are basic german cuisine with some specialties here and there.

:wow: yeay hello later to your germany recipes

• Like 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

11 hours ago, bairama said:

exactly I always feel like this or if it not tastes bad, my dough will not turns out as I imagine when it gets out from the oven 😂😂😂 its not fancy like the tutorial!!

Even worse. My dough is either hard as rock or totally soft, with the core being liquid. And then I complain to said girls and they tell me stuff like: "Did you use the correct baking dish?", "Did you use a brush to put some butter on the surface?" , "Have you knead the dough properly for trillion minutes?" and I go like:

:pandaroar:"You said all I needed to do was mixing everything together ":pandaroar:

I am really not into creating food, where I need to dance around the oven to please the gods of the dough. Hoping it goes up and doesn't gets hard as a rock. 

Cooking is so much simpler. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

And then I complain to said girls and they tell me stuff like: "Did you use the correct baking dish?", "Did you use a brush to put some butter on the surface?" , "Have you knead the dough properly for trillion minutes?" and I go like:

:pandaroar:"You said all I needed to do was mixing everything together ":pandaroar:

:laugh::1000:

have much sense of control when cooking, faaaaaaa~aaar than baking for now :pandablank:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

@Dhakra @bairama I definitely find baking harder than cooking. When I was obsessed with perfecting my macarons, I read a lot about it — how the egg white must be of room temperature and that the mixing bowl and egg white cannot have any contaminant/residue. A difference in steel, aluminium or glass bowl result in good or bad meringue etc. You cannot under or over mix the macaron batter. Macaron and its feet formation depend on all these little but significant details. Lots of chemistry involved. A little bit of something you change, changes everything! :scaredpanda2:

Like this time my dark chocolate chip cookies are not turning out the way it used to and I have no idea why. It's still tasty but the texture is super hard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
51 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Dhakra @bairama I definitely find baking harder than cooking. When I was obsessed with perfecting my macarons, I read a lot about it — how the egg white must be of room temperature and that the mixing bowl and egg white cannot have any contaminant/residue. A difference in steel, aluminium or glass bowl result in good or bad meringue etc. You cannot under or over mix the macaron batter. Macaron and its feet formation depend on all these little but significant details. Lots of chemistry involved. A little bit of something you change, changes everything! :scaredpanda2:

Like this time my dark chocolate chip cookies are not turning out the way it used to and I have no idea why. It's still tasty but the texture is super hard!

yes yes lolol baking feels like really meticulous to me, the exact weight etc (& that's my weakness fuahahaha) waaaaaa that's why I admire @Thong Thin's posts so much here :pandasadspoon:

• Like 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

On 9/29/2021 at 4:34 PM, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM @bairama @Chocolate Does anyone actually likes cooking in JH? xDDD

Hahaha, yes and no. I don't cook that much since someone else does it, but I also enjoy occasionally making something like baking quiches etc. Does anyone like cooking? I didn't even know there was a cooking thread :idk::laugh:

On 9/29/2021 at 5:04 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Red bean soup with meat

I cannot eat red beans. I have a terrible aversion to them  :poliWeird:

On 9/29/2021 at 5:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

I also hate cooking food that requires a lot of work and ingredients! So I would never make rendang. A colleague did it few months ago and she showed me all the ingredients and I was like, "Nah. I'll just take away rendang. Thank you."

Hahahaha this is my attitude also :laugh::laugh::laugh:

On 9/29/2021 at 6:41 PM, mademoiselle said:

LOLLLLLL. Lucky you then BUT you should always try to watch because later you marry, how? Don't forget there's a saying the way to a man's heart is through his tummy. LOL

I'll make sure I marry someone who can cook or likes to eat out  :laugh:

You can always add value to their life in a different, not food related way :cool:

On 9/29/2021 at 7:09 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw maybe @JenLcan cook?

Mmm, nope...I like easy receipes...you want to see my level of easy?

This is the last thing I attempted :smile: It went well because it was so easy:

On 9/29/2021 at 7:14 PM, mademoiselle said:

Actually maybe this would save your life too. We called it ABC soup.

ABC soup - My style

My mum makes this a lot! :wow: I love it. The stuff of my childhood.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:29 PM, bairama said:

Yumcha.. The skin is so prettyy, yellow-ish Idk if I can call it like that xD

well my siomay:

use of prawn mix chicken & thai sweet chili sauce for this oneee

siu mai really taste good with different kind of sauces to me(??) be it chili oil, sweet chili, mayo base, peanut sauce its all good as long the siu may itself good xDD

Wowwwwwww. This looks so pretty and tasty!!!! :hearties:

23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I am OK with baking, again, only bake if it looks easy but I do have this tendency in me where I might go crazy baking just to muster the skills and then once I got it I'd stop - like macarons. I don't bake macarons anymore after I move house - the oven in current house is crap. No time to bake or cook anyway - Oppa watching has taken over my spare time.

Hahahaha that last line is all of us here on JH, except domestic goddess @bairama

"Oppa watching has taken over my spare time" :idk:

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Look! I found another Tofu recipes! This time is Tofu pizza 🤔 I wonder if it is indeed nice. What do you guys think

Tofu can be made into pizza?!?! :shocked::shocked2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

7 hours ago, JenL said:

This is the last thing I attempted :smile: It went well because it was so easy:

this one is good! Had several times of it when enoki in blast (trending) here 😂

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Wowwwwwww. This looks so pretty and tasty!!!! :hearties:

woooo thank you :wow:

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha that last line is all of us here on JH, except domestic goddess @bairama

why I want to laugh when I read domestic goddes :laugh: not the real me, not the real me!! :laugh: I just love great food but hate so freaken' much the other 'domestic' things hahahahaha

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Tofu can be made into pizza?!?! :shocked::shocked2:

its tofu omelette with pizza style sauce 😂

• Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

On 9/30/2021 at 5:45 AM, JenL said:

Tofu can be made into pizza?!?! 

Tofu can be made into anything! It's a common ingredient in a vegetarian diet. 

Sorry, I'm a bit late with responses because this week has just been busy. I think I'm a decent cook, nothing fancy. My mom made my siblings and I cook with her when we were younger. If I have to cook for others, I'll put effort into it but if it's just for me, I cook for survival purposes. :laugh:

I envy all the bakers! I'm a horrible baker. :cry:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm salivating over this! @bairama @Dhakra

I guess how good the beef stock will be the IT whether that dish will be super delicious or just delicious hahaha looks good!

I used to still get wine/mirin/angciu for cooking but now I'm kind of repent myself a bit 😂😂 don't eat pork so it will be full beef & I need to substitute that huge amount of wine with.. That IT stock + vinegar + sugar + lemon/tamarind juice (like syrup?) or using Verjuice

but sometimes I didn't like the aftertaste of Verjuice, I tend to prefer vinegar + syrup and see if it becomes chaotic or not 😂 

• Tasty 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit that I prefer cooking to baking. I think baking is much more exact. With cooking, there are usually a couple of steps which have to be done in the correct order, but overall, cooking is much more forgiving and if the flavors or texture aren't developing the way you want it to, you can adjust it as it cooks.

With baking, you have to get the ingredients right with the correct starting temperatures and the correct starting oven temperature, and once it starts baking, you have to wait until it's finished to see if it came out the way you want it to or not.

The recipes on this thread look so good! I think I'm getting hungry. :smile:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Steamed Enoki Mushroom with Garlic

I bought a pack of enoki mushrooms (can't remember for what and usually I use in hot pot) so I searched You Tube to see what other style I can cook it in/with. I tried this one yesterday and it actually turned out really good.

Enoki Mushroom Omelette

I also made this one but I much preferred the steamed version.

@SilverMoonTea Both dishes are easy so you can make it at home.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleThanks looks good 😂 But I'm kind of retiring for cooking, kidding, idk recently not in the mood to do even just a simple cooking. Washing the dishes really no joke man! Hahaha.... 

I did a lot of washing yesterday too... mostly pots & pans, chopping boards and knife in between usage for different ingredients. That's why I love my dish washer. Anything I'm lazy to wash, in there it goes.

Maybe like me, we both need to buy a multicooker. I'm looking into it coz I think soon my rice cooker will need to be replaced, and instead of a rice cooker (one function), I am looking at multi-functional ones that can cook soup, porridge, rice, steam, slow cook and if can to crust/fry would be nice too but mainly the first 5 would be great. I've also been told to invest in an air fryer BUT air fryer is not part of the multicooker yet.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 6:10 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle

0.6 kg pork bone 

450- 500 ml water

1 kidney red bean can 

3 red onions 

margarine 

tomato

spring onion 

salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg

Cut 3 red onions into small pieces, heat up margarine. Stir fry red onions until fragrant. Put the pork bone and stir fry quickly, add 450 ml water. Cook until 45 minutes, to make the meat soft. 

Put the kidney red bean can inside, put salt/sugar (half to 1 teaspoon) inside. Add nutmeg (half teaspoon), and pepper per your taste. Wait until 20 minutes, put tomatos & spring onions inside. 

Monitor frequently, if you see the soup too dry add some water. 

Recipe from my mom. Any further question ping me on Discord 😆 Taste I hope suit you.

More legit recipe : https://indonesiaeats.com/sup-brenebon-manado-red-kidney-bean-soup/

I'm cooking this now but I forgot one ingredient.... nutmeg HAHAHAHAHAHA. Have to cook it a lot longer coz I bought raw kidney beans instead.

• Clapping Hands 1
10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm cooking this now but I forgot one ingredient.... nutmeg HAHAHAHAHAHA. Have to cook it a lot longer coz I bought raw kidney beans instead.

Hope you like it.. haha the nutmeg kind of important actually... 

Btw this recipe looks nice, I was busy and bought ready made paste but I should try this one day from scratch. 

https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchi-jjigae

• Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif