One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

It's weird to see that they're now on the same level and not too far different on age. So she's 26, and he's kind of in late 20's. She's depicted as pretty and above his league (not that convinced, but nice try in making ZSC looks cute & plain with that ruffle hair 😅). 

And actually how contradictive her past and her present. She was mute, but now become a voice over actress. Though seems she have tendency to become mute around him 😅

Btw is he still carried that promise from the past not to get married and have kids? He give the air of untouchable. But well as always Shiyi is special for him. One and Only, Forever and Ever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Done 5 episodes! I love it! So lovely and pretty! I'm grinning from ear to ear along with these two lovebirds. Aww.. 

So far it adapts evrything from the book exactly as what I read, I'm glad it is really good to see it got visualized well. Back then I just read and imagined them and bow it feels kind of de javu.

It's really cute to see how he acts shy or a little ackward like that. Like from the book, I like to re quote "there is nothing wrong from the research, the one that probably goes wrong is the method, if that so all need to do just changing the method to fix everything" this chemistry professor comes with such a beautiful vow for his girl. Awww.. I'm melted!! :love:

• Like 3

Ren Jialun in modern dramas give a different feeling/energy from his historical dramas. I cannot believe this is the same person. There's a charisma to historical Zhousheng Chen that modern Zhousheng Chen does not have. And there's an awkwardness to modern Zhousheng Chen that historical Zhousheng Chen does not have. So talented, this actor. 👏 👏

@NiteWalker I'm back home now so I can watch as many dramas as I want again! 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

I love this shy Zhousheng Chen, so cute. Haha!

I'm on episode 7 now and I forgot how toxic his siblings are until I watched the scene where his brother purposely didn't go let him out for three hours. :pandarage2:

I think the side characters are more fleshed out in One and Only than they are here. I feel less invested in the side characters than I did with the ones in One and Only. :idk:

• Haha 4

I want ep 11 asap!! 

The whole 10 episodes are just so lovely beautiful! The kove reseach is going well between the researcher coupleI love SY-ZSC relatiinship is build with good trust and respect to each other. I Believe their research will end up succesful. I like how they still keep their politeness. Hahaha. They may seems very akwards but slowly they're getting closer. 

Spoiler

Their first kiss is just so cute. The moment uncle lin mistakenly opens the screen partition is just so funny. It goes from romantic to comedy. How shy ZSC, poor him, he holds the magazine upside down. LOL. 

I really dont get it to ZSC's step mom, what does she want actually? Like what the hell is going on with her? What is her problem actually? She cant control her step son and that makes her do such things. I am glad that ZSC has his own stance. He knows what he do and responsible for it. He doesn't follow what his family told him blindly. 

I love SY-ZSC relatiinship is build with good trust and respect to each other. I Believe their research will end up succesful. 

==================================================================

44 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

True, sadly I think I only liking Uncle Lin. And don't really care about rest of side characters. 

Yea.. me too. I even skip the mom if no SY or ZSC in it. And the tailor girl and second brother, they bored me so much. Lols I ffd many of them. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
On 9/8/2021 at 9:28 AM, Tofu said:

Ren Jialun in modern dramas give a different feeling/energy from his historical dramas. I cannot believe this is the same person. There's a charisma to historical Zhousheng Chen that modern Zhousheng Chen does not have. And there's an awkwardness to modern Zhousheng Chen that historical Zhousheng Chen does not have. So talented, this actor.

They've rewritten the nature of his modern character as compared to how is portrayed in the book, and I have to admit, it's something I'm struggling with.  If I think about it his character solely in terms of the book, it's not so bad.  After all, it's rather adorable seeing him fall in fluffy love with Shi Yi.  But any time we see him with his family, it just gets my back up because this is not how book Zhousheng Chen would be!  He wouldn't be walked over, he'd command respect, and he certainly wouldn't be locked inside the factory yard for several hours by his brother.  He also wouldn't be caught off guard by his family running a background check on Shi Yi, because he would've fun it first himself.  I just... gah.  Book Zhousheng Chen is definitely the absent-minded professor, as portrayed in Episode 1, but he's not otherwise clueless or a doormat.  He's charismatic too.  And his uncle considers him a formidable foe in their struggle for power within the family. 

Anyway, it's not that I'm not enjoying the drama - on the contrary, I like it very much - but it does take some mental shifts sometimes.

As for the side characters, right now they're just kind of orbiting in the sphere, but if the drama follows the book in that regard, I expect their characters to become more fleshed out along with their stories as the drama goes along.  Right now it's mostly focused on Zhousheng Chen and Shi Yi, which is where it should be and which I appreciate! 

• Like 5

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Sorry, it's taken me a while to write something. I'm feeling a bit drama fatigue so I've been watching and just not saying at much. Haha!

@themarchioness I agreed that Zhousheng Chen in the drama is less assertive with his family than the Zhousheng Chen in the novel. I enjoy watching the shyness and awkwardness but I do miss the more confident Zhousheng Chen from the novel too. 

I've been talking to @SilverMoonTea a bit about Forever and Ever because I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by it after ten episodes. I think it has something to do with how amazing the production for One and Only was that I had a bit more expectation going into Forever and Ever. It's not a bad drama  because I'm enjoying it very much -- there's just something about it that I'm not overly excited about. Maybe it's because I don't want to see the crazy mom -- WHY IS SHE SO CRUEL?! :scaredpanda2:

• Like 2
On 9/9/2021 at 2:26 PM, themarchioness said:

If I think about it his character solely in terms of the book, it's not so bad.  After all, it's rather adorable seeing him fall in fluffy love with Shi Yi.  But any time we see him with his family, it just gets my back up because this is not how book Zhousheng Chen would be!

oops, I just realized my previous post had a typo in it. Meant to say, if I think about his character solely in terms of the DRAMA (as in, if the book didn’t exist), it’s not so bad…. 

You all prob figured out already what I meant to say, but in case there’s any misunderstanding I wanted to clarify! 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

I have watched till episode 14 and I have also read the Novel translation. And I am having a hard time accepting both versions' characters.... I mean.. 

Truth to be told, I don't like novel version's ZSC. In fact, I forced myself to read it because I know RJL is acting. For me, ZSC in book is a log and cannot protect his wife or love ones despite him being a powerful man. I just can't take him seriously on how much he loved Shi Yi, Shi Yi definitely loved him more. 

Then in drama, I still find it hard to "like" ZSC. True. RJL acting is amazing, I am his fan and I am enjoying all the contradicting act that he is doing here compared to One & Only.  I think RJL gives justification to drama version's ZSC  in a sense that ZSC is very "soft", that's why he "fails" to protect her BUT he is actually trying very hard. Logical enough for me, after all, ZSC here is very soft and passive. BUT, maybe it is me and my preference, I am not liking that passive guy persona either. Come on, step up your games. Someone is going to harm your wife.

And Shi Yi. Come on girl. I know Love is beautiful & past is painful, but really???  :shocked2:

This whole Forever & Ever feels like a fan service for me. I highly suspect that RJL took these 2 projects due to One & Only ( it was epic) and he wanted to show his acting range. 

Edited by ma_oo_jw
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, ma_oo_jw said:

And Shi Yi. Come on girl. I know Love is beautiful & past is painful, but really???  :shocked2:

my mother will like you for this hahahha...she always grumble when girls took too much back seat in love....

10 hours ago, ma_oo_jw said:

Come on, step up your games. Someone is going to harm your wife.

my mom will go berserk if she she watching that drama....mom like RJL after seeing him in Mr Lizard lols....

• Haha 2