One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

14 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

my mother will like you for this hahahha...she always grumble when girls took too much back seat in love....

my mom will go berserk if she she watching that drama....mom like RJL after seeing him in Mr Lizard lols....

I am already going berserk with drinking scene ... Shi YI, please! we live in 21st century, he can reject the alcohol by himself.

The plot is actually very sweet. Admit that. But I can't believe we went through 16 episodes with closed to zero plot development except the fact that they are married and doing everything they can't in OnO.

And the passive & less assertive characters are killing me.:pandarage:

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, gween97 said:

Tagging @Mouse @abs-oluteM and @Hyacinth0910 because I know they also have iQIYI memberships. 

I liked the link for you!! :heart:

• Like 3
On 9/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, ma_oo_jw said:

I am not liking that passive guy persona either.

Haha! I'm in-between on this because I don't see anything wrong with him being passive but I think he's almost too passive. 

On 9/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, ma_oo_jw said:

This whole Forever & Ever feels like a fan service for me. I highly suspect that RJL took these 2 projects due to One & Only ( it was epic) and he wanted to show his acting range. 

At this point, I'm not sure who I've mentioned it to anymore (it's been quite a few), but I do feel that the production for Forever and Ever felt short compared to the greatness of One and Only. After watching the first part, I had expectation coming into this one and I'd admit I was a bit disappointed. It won't stop me from watching the drama, but I'm definitely not as excited as I was before. I should have listened to @Lynne and knew automatically to lower my expectation with modern dramas. :laugh:

@gween97 Please let us know how many more you have left. I'm going to tag @bairama and @Lynne to help because I think they also have iQIYI memberships -- here's gween's link so you don't have to scroll up: https://www.iq.com/intl-common/collectionUnlock.html?utm_source=FreeMedia_membership_sns_share&utm_medium=Advance_Unlock&utm_campaign=ForeverandEver&fv=8148ef42066eb475&taskId=9fb58c609932e8211b0c97bbfd7087e3&aid=7442193922879401&mod=id&lang=en_us

@Hyacinth0910 No worries! I was tagging for gween97 because they needed help unlocking the advance episodes. Did you ever find out if you can choose the episode you want to unlock? I think some time in August there was something out saying they will start allowing people to do that, but I just wasn't sure if it started. 

SO many bed scenes. HAHAHAHA!! Actually, in the novel, they had a few so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. :lmao2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Tofu said:

At this point, I'm not sure who I've mentioned it to anymore (it's been quite a few), but I do feel that the production for Forever and Ever felt short compared to the greatness of One and Only.

Same and I find it ironic considering how so much of the story in OAO was created/fleshed out just for the drama while FAE follows the book much more closely, yet the effect is totally on a different scale.

The difference is the changes made to historical portion of the book really enhanced OAO whereas the changes made to modern portion of the book, while few, are of huge impact to FAE!!! I know they’re trying hard to avoid referencing reincarnation directly and going more for this effect of SY being pulled to the past, but this sensory attachment to the past has a very different effect compared to when she has outright, direct memories of her past. It changes the dynamics.

ZSC is also way too passive. It can be painful watching him… I miss his charisma and confidence from the book, it’s what makes his character attractive.  

• Like 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

O M G

The pink scooter with the little beanie helmet…

I get that they’re trying to make him all cute and everything….

But they are killing me….

My friend keeps telling me to breathe and throw Book ZSC out the window. I’m trying, but it’s an exercise I keep failing… 😅

• Haha 4

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Same and I find it ironic considering how so much of the story in OAO was created/fleshed out just for the drama while FAE follows the book much more closely, yet the effect is totally on a different scale.

also its seems like OnO have a better plots and also more well develope?

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

My friend keeps telling me to breathe and throw Book ZSC out the window. I’m trying, but it’s an exercise I keep failing… 😅

echoing ur friends thought...

breath....in and out....long and deep hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

also its seems like OnO have a better plots and also more well develope?

Definitely OAO had a good plot. I applaud MBFB in how she updated her book for the script in that regard, but also that’s my whole point… It’s not that the modern story lacks plot or isn’t developed. MBFB’s book is really good and the story is engaging! It just hasn’t translated as well to script, which is a little bit surprising given how closely it is following the book — and that’s because of the changes they’ve made (probably to accommodate the reincarnation avoidance thing). Like raindrops, the tweaks are small but their ripple effects cast wide… 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My Fanfics

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

O M G

The pink scooter with the little beanie helmet…

I get that they’re trying to make him all cute and everything….

But they are killing me….

i can't watch that scene:lmao2:to cute with pink scooter

3 hours ago, bairama said:

done :) @gween97

thank you 🥰

59 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Definitely OAO had a good plot. I applaud MBFB in how she updated her book for the script in that regard, but also that’s my whole point… It’s not that the modern story lacks plot or isn’t developed. MBFB’s book is really good and the story is engaging! It just hasn’t translated as well to script, which is a little bit surprising given how closely it is following the book — and that’s because of the changes they’ve made (probably to accommodate the reincarnation avoidance thing). Like raindrops, the tweaks are small but their ripple effects cast wide…

i guess she may be a good writer however not necessary a good script writer, she seems to be on board too...for the filming

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i guess she may be a good writer however not necessary a good script writer, she seems to be on board too...for the filming

I don't think that's the case.  MBFB is author of the book and screenwriter for both these dramas, and she rocked OAO.  (She was also one of the screenwriters for "My Sunshine," which was also good.)  Like I mentioned, I think it's because of the changes they've had to make to F&E (censorship reasons) that have totally changed the effect of the modern story.  I was merely commenting on my surprise of how changes that seem small in nature actually have a big effect. 

• Like 1

My Fanfics

10 hours ago, themarchioness said:

ZSC is also way too passive. It can be painful watching him… I miss his charisma and confidence from the book, it’s what makes his character attractive.  

Yes!! I also miss ZSC's former personality. He was much more confident and the modern one is too shy and timid. Apart from the past and present being honest and loyal and protective of those around them, everything else is different. Modern ZSC keeps needing to be urged along - whether it's Shi Yi, unlce Lin, Mei Xing or Ren. I would love to see him take more of an initiative. Right now, he is very reactive instead of being assertive unlike ZSC of old.

Now I feel like I need to read the book because it sounds like it's very different. 

I have to say that I find it somewhat frustrating even after they've been married, they were still so shy with each other. I get that Ren Jialun is married in RL so he limits his kissing and bed scenes but there wasn't even much physical interactions between them. One thing I have to say though, I really love their sleeping scenes because at least when they are sleeping they are hugging each other and the way they move on the bed while they sleep is very natural. 

I am still unclear who the villain is. Is there one?

• Like 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

Yes!! I also miss ZSC's former personality. He was much more confident and the modern one is too shy and timid. Apart from the past and present being honest and loyal and protective of those around them, everything else is different. Modern ZSC keeps needing to be urged along - whether it's Shi Yi, unlce Lin, Mei Xing or Ren. I would love to see him take more of an initiative. Right now, he is very reactive instead of being assertive unlike ZSC of old.

Now I feel like I need to read the book because it sounds like it's very different. 

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I am still unclear who the villain is. Is there one?

I was just telling a friend the other day that reading the book should be required reading for anyone watching the modern version of F&E, heheh.  Definitely give the book a try @Mouse.  You will see how modern day ZSC simply shines in the book.  As I've mentioned before, Book ZSC is similar to F&E ZSC in that they're both absent-minded professors.  But once Book ZSC decides to marry SY and make her a part of his plans, he really applies himself to the relationship - none of this awkward, tip toeing, shuffling around stuff (that, honestly, has only gotten more awkward in the drama now that they're married).  The greatest difference between Book ZSC and F&E ZSC, however, has been in how they interact with his family and handles the power struggle.

I feel like the more recent episodes (and in particular the conversation his younger cousin shared with SY's cousin) have done a better job of laying the groundwork to show how there are parallels in modern day ZSC's life to his life in the past, and hopefully that will continue as we get to the real meat of the story (the family conflict).  That you are unclear as to who the villain is, at this point, is not a surprise because even in the book it catches you by surprise (I'm assuming that point will stay the same).  But I would say that the suspenseful angle of the drama, overall, has been lacking compared to the book because they haven't really been emphasizing his family conflict.  Instead they've been shuffling around which bedroom ZSC's going to sleep in at night and making him ride pink motorscooters while wearing pink beanie helmets.  I don't know, sometimes I think the drama's biggest problem is that it hasn't decided what kind of a drama it wants to be.  At times it's going for this rom/com angle (and I suppose that's consistent with the theme of iQiyi's Sweet On series) but really, Beautiful Bones is not a sweet story -- at least not in that way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Fanfics

:hearties: Thank you for posting during The Forever Event! This seems to be a drama that draws conflicted feelings, even with (or perhaps especially with) it being a book adaptation.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys this drama until the very end. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it, especially since I lurk the thread rather than actually watching the drama. :smile:

Points will be distributed shortly so that you all can purchase the F&E badges from the Member Shop, if you haven't already.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Party! 2