One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

When he shows that love sign, it made me want to call him oppaaaa.... :laugh: i mean... gege, wait  do c-fans call their fav actor with this style like in korea too? Lols

ok, first chapter begins, already in part 3, so far they begin with the modern life, their reincarnation life? Well, I may thought as this for now, i am reading until the cherry blossoms 'date'. SY had a crush on him since their first met but keep it a secret. She likes him but tries her best to act normal in front of him.

So far, it seems fun to read more, so yea.. keep going now.. hehe

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2

Novel Thoughts:

Spoiler

The engagement happened so quickly. When I read it, I thought, "Wow, how would I respond if someone I just recently met not too long ago, asked me to marry them?". I know the circumstances are different but I was not expecting that so early on in the novel. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111ff2750cd453bb6f42

Ren Jialun in action. :wow:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115b2c06711125229a9c

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:
Spoiler

The engagement happened so quickly. When I read it, I thought, "Wow, how would I respond if someone I just recently met not too long ago, asked me to marry them?". I know the circumstances are different but I was not expecting that so early on in the novel. 

This is all part of what I previously stated about the book's set up, which is that no matter what Zhousheng Chen suggests or does, Shi Yi's all for it because she knows she's supposed to be with him (because of their past). I find it a fascinating concept because on the one hand she really doesn't know anything about him.  She doesn't always bother to ask questions about him or his family either, because for her, it simply does not matter.  So instead, they get to know each other on their own terms.  There's something really beautiful about the resoluteness that she feels towards their relationship because you're right, to anyone else, they'd probably react with shock and surprise - and probably even find him a little crazy.  Haha.  

P.S. That is an awesome action shot of RJL!!  :wow:

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@themarchioness - I think if I had memories of my past life and the person asking is someone I loved then, I would consider it. I also choose to trust myself from other lifetimes — this sentence sounds so strange as I’m typing it out. Haha!

Still feeling somewhat uneasy, she tentatively asked, “Your mother’s opinion really doesn’t matter?”

“In this matter, there is only one woman’s opinion that is worth accepting,” he told her, his voice carrying a joking tone that was seldom heard. “That woman is you.”

Ok, Zhousheng Chen...what a smooth talker. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@SilverMoonTea suddenly, while reading the novel, it seems that SY got her previous life memories with her while ZSC is not. You see this reninds me of YHM's drama with HJE before. The female lead remembers their past to the modern life. Lols. I gave up that drama, cuz the reincarnation story didnt buy me. But since this is RJL starring ZSC then it must be much better. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 2
44 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i guess for period drama the best way for a guy to be close to a girl to teach them how to shoot an arrow **ahem**

Cr: Weib (嗑瓜子每日速报)

Arrow and horse riding, both is a must skill to survive on that era and to steal girls heart :eeeee:

20210515-184856.jpg
Cr. ninny

@Alice WonderlandYou're right its in a way similar to Men are Men Kdrama. But YHM character is the one remember their past live first. So it's kind of reversed. And yes also, even I adored YHM, I can't finish this drama. The story a bit loose and FL character not that appealing for me. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea bright color outfit highlight his gorgeous look even more. Otteokhaee??? My heart cant be still. Aiyooo...

Yup  i quit that drama too. I like YHM too but the story and the FL as you said didnt impress me so pass! Lol.

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

i know u were squealing for Wallace Chung on horse...however Allen is scare of height ....

Is he?? Oof... then he must work so hard to fight the fear to film the horse riding scene or dod he use stuntman? But np even gege has flaw it I still like him. 

@SilverMoonTea we r everywhere lols. Wherever we r it's all still RJL's world. :laugh:

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i guess for period drama the best way for a guy to be close to a girl to teach them how to shoot an arrow **ahem**

Haha, so very true! And like @SilverMoonTea said, the same for horse riding scenes too. :eeeee:

If you follow JangHaven on Twitter, we recently tweeted a gif for this drama. Here's the original because Twitter tends to compress the files a bit when uploaded. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118aa031df2a6c01cd36

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Ren Jialun should always do costume dramas. :wow:

I totally agree! Granted, I’ve only ever watched him in UTP, but even between the modern story line and the historical story line of this drama, I prefer his period look. He just has such a grand presence in those robes! But then again, that actually fits the storyline of the book, so he’s really a perfect fit for it! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

23 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I totally agree! Granted, I’ve only ever watched him in UTP, but even between the modern story line and the historical story line of this drama, I prefer his period look. He just has such a grand presence in those robes! But then again, that actually fits the storyline of the book, so he’s really a perfect fit for it! 

+1 me, the first times i saw him was in UTP too lols.....and when i saw him in a modern wardrobe i was taken aback for a bit for me to get use to it...especially when he dye his hair blond!!! i was like....urgh this is not the Daren i know!

• Like 1

My thoughts on the first 5 Chapters.

Spoiler

I like it so far. This is a slow romance and I am totally fine with it. Well okay I know it's a slow burn but they are almost engaged :D I see that he isn't in love with her... yet :D Just take your time. Zhousheng Chen is honest and nice. I think I am not used to nice male leads :D From the beginning until now he is just so nice. I mean Shi Yi at that time a stranger who kinda chased him without her shoes and was asking him to wait for her. I am sorry but I am a ***** (or maybe I would be creeped out when a stranger is talking to me and said that I should wait for them.. just maybe) and I would leave. But he was waiting for her. He even gave her an email address. I would never do that :D I am just scared of everyone xdd Shi Yi knows what she wants. She wants it she gets it :D Sometimes I can relate with her. I just want to eat in peace too. Just don't talk to me when I am eating :D And I am bad at socializing too. If there is a group I am the one who is not talking only when you asked me someting. Both of them are perfect for each other. Some of my fav scenes: The high heels. I would be uncomfortable too when I am the one who is making those loud sounds. But he noticed it and just said that others are wearing them too and it's a common thing here. (If I remember it correctly but he notice it that she was uncomfortable that is my point :D) I just love that he is trying to make her comfortable. He is romantic too. He bought a phone and Shi Yi is his only contact on this phone. Kinda cute. The flowers, the food :) "He suddenly spoke. “I hope that she will always be safe and free from harm.” I mean come on even I would fall for him. It came out of nowhere. "While she was still hesitating in awkward embarrassment, Zhousheng Chen leaned forward slightly to complement her action and placed his forehead into her hand." I just love that. He is just doing it. He didn't even raised an eyebrow. "In the moonlight, she was watching the koi and he was watching her."  Is he falling for her? I don't know I should read the next chapters. And oh boy what happened in there past? I want to know. He was her teacher? Well yep I enjoyed the first 5 chapters. Oh and are we getting another Award ceremony with Allen Ren? But this time Shi Yi is the one who is getting the award :D

• Like 1