One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

In our tropical country it become carpet at my house. 

Btw, how you find it after watching this? I might not have time until weekend, cos I watched other drama, Dream of ChangAn. 

Lols, my cats love to play with anything minky minky.

I watch not much, still at work. So far it's good. I will binge watch 4 eps later.

No need to rush, it only has 24 eps. So we can catch it fast. 

The rest 30 will be released right after the first chapter done right? Or do we still need to wait again?? 

• Like 2

I think SY's uncle sent her to her shifu is only to make her fall at him. Hahaha. I don't see much thing she learns from him unless living in his residence while he was going to war. Never mind, he helps her heal psychologically. 

The whole episodes four felt quite gloomy and all politics introgue made me weary but really like the comedy part of SY adapt to her new family in xishou. The greeting routines she must do is just so funny. These episodes are only the beginning, the real fights would be coming soon. The emperor is too young, and his mother is pretty stupid to trust everything to the wrong person. She took the throne for her son with blood then she got him as puppet king in return. 

Things will be complicated soon, the teacher and student love is not easy, not in that dynasty. Lols. But I do love to see nore of ZSC!!! He is looking mighty with all of costumes and style. Waiting for next subbed episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I already bothered @Lynne with this, but they made Shiyi older in the drama. It starts off with her being 10 years old. A few years passed before she went to the Western Gate. When Zhousheng Chen was about to carry her (she fell asleep in his study), he commented that she wasn't too young or too old (he was trying to avoid skin to skin contact). Roughly 19 months passed again, one of the solider said that in the time they didn't see her, she turned into a young lady. Her hairstyle also changed and typically the hairstyle she had with the two circles (sorry, bad at explaining here, from what I've seen in dramas, are usually on younger girls. I'm guessing that by the end of episode 3, Shiyi is around 18 years old. I do not think they've changed Zhousheng Chen's age.

21 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

But I do love to see nore of ZSC!!! He is looking mighty with all of costumes and style.

There's something about Ren Jialun that makes him so majestic whenever he has on a historical costume. The aura he brings to Zhousheng Chen is indescribable. 

By the way, this is literally me every time Zhousheng Chen and Shiyi have any sort of interactions:

jHflRrp.gif

It'll probably be me through this entire drama because this part of their love is so sad. I've banned a lot of sad dramas/movies from my watch list but I made an exception for this....now I'm wondering what I got myself into. :letalQQ:

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm guessing that by the end of episode 3, Shiyi is around 18 years old. I do not think they've changed Zhousheng Chen's age.

Lol, what I see is ZSC is the only one staying young. 

19 minutes ago, Tofu said:

There's something about Ren Jialun that makes him so majestic whenever he has on a historical costume. The aura he brings to Zhousheng Chen is indescribable. 

Oh yea, that word, majestic! My heart flutters whenever he's in. Btw did you hear the ost, is that his new song for the drama ost that being said before?? I can tell it's his voice. I like it. You see, I hypnotized my mind that the one who speaks him is his voice. They should let him dubbed himself! Need 24 eps to get a chance hearing him with his real voice again. 

23 minutes ago, Tofu said:

It'll probably be me through this entire drama because this part of their love is so sad. I've banned a lot of sad dramas/movies from my watch list but I made an exception for this....now I'm wondering what I got myself into. 

The melo vibes felt so vivid here. I dont like sad story as well, mostly dropped them unless they have some actor/actress that I really like. And here both RJL and BL are doing great in portraying their characters and delivers the emotions. So however dark our next journey is, let's hold hands, we will go through this together, I have a full pack of tissue ready. 

• Like 2

@Alice Wonderland Did you finish episode 4? I think you are ahead of me now. Haha! Ren Jialun is just breathtaking. Thank you for passing the tissue! 🤧🤧 

The Emperor is being controlled by his eunuch who has made the order to imprison his mom. The crown prince is going to visit to Western Gate, where he will see Shiyi for the first time. I wasn't paying too much attention when he was talking to the Empress Dowager. I just read the subtitle that said she will help him depending on how he does with releasing her. I'll have to go back to rewatch that part. 

New poster. =)

mJJ2rUT.jpg

The OST by Zhang Bichen

@Alice Wonderland His OST is not out yet. 😭

• Like 4

looks like we have many people coming to this drama...hahaha...hi everyone.

I watched 5 episodes. love it and the beauty of the sets and the mood. but i know this 24 episodes will be about how they fall in love from a relationship starting like a doting uncle and  teenager to her growing into a beautiful young lady who is soothing and sweet and how they cannot express their love and parted in death at last. the eyes when they look at each other is so good. i actually think allen ren looks really good here. but i know i need a lot of tissues for this part of the story. so i am contemplating to wait for whole drama to release before starting. What do you ladies think?

For me, it started with her being 10. and few years passed. i assume she is only 13 or 14 when she went to xizhou. and by episode 1 she was waiting for the news of victory on the rooftop ( months prob passed) and that must be the first time he left. She has bangs and two ribbon knots. that is fashion for little gal i think and he left again and that was 19 months passng. so to me ep 4 she was about 16- 17. and she has a clear forehead and her hair is one knots on top d.

in ep 5 they explained, ZSC left the palace when he was barely a teenager and fought so hard to lead the army but the time he was her age he was already a famous general (explained in ep 2 when they send off her mother). i guess that is why they ppl call him Little nancheng prince because he was really a kid when he lead the battle. so i assume he must be 25- 26 when they met first time. and now he is about 28. i pick that from the hair too. in ep 1 he has a half knotted hair and when he went to the palace for the funeral the emperor was a kid too. now mostly they hair is all knotted up. 

that crown prince will be dark figure. and the causes of the all the hardship between them. he fall in love with her after seeing her portrait first time. he felt a little screw up with the torture the dowager gave him. prob gonna be turning dark very soon.

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
18 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

should i start watching as well? lols......i love how he has women in the troops too

i am not the only in dilemma then hahaha...i dont want to do n avoid SE dramas but i will make an exception for this. but should i cry weekly or one shot one whole bucket ahahaha.....

• Haha 3

@SnT In the novel, Shiyi became Zhousheng Chen's student when she was 7 and he was 21. I think they made her older in the drama on purpose so when they met for the first time, she wasn't so young. I agreed that at this point (I'm on episode 6 now), she is roughly around 17-18. Zhousheng Chen is probably his age in the novel or close to it. 

The crown prince does not visit the military base in the novel. However, they are getting ready to move the army which is similar to the novel and also when the conspiracy, backstabbing, etc. happen. I guess it makes sense since we are almost to the halfway point. 

And watch with all of us. We got you! 

stop-crying-comfort.gif

• Like 3