One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

46 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Lols. Maybe it means he suffers face blindness?? So he cant remember anyone face?? Ok. I don't know, I don't even read it yet. 

What @SilverMoonTea was saying is that, in the book, the male lead is not that attractive. In his present life, at least. I can't remember but I don't think that was the case in his past life where the male lead and female lead met originally. In fact I'm pretty sure he was super attractive in his past life because between probably his looks and definitely his wealth and military might he was quite the catch back then!  

But the male lead's plainness in the present life is relevant to the question of why the female lead is so into the male lead.  It's like: Why is she so into him when she doesn't know anything about him (they meet again as complete strangers and it's only because of her consistent pursuit of him that they get to know each other), he's socially awkward (he tends to reside in his own world without thought of others), and he's not even attractive (whereas she is ethereally beautiful and so, theoretically, should be able to choose from her suitors)?  And the answer to that is because she recognizes him instinctively when they cross paths in the present life - because of their past life together, her recognition of him is felt in her bones.  Therefore, regardless of what the male lead looks like in the present life or what he does in the present life, the female lead knows she is meant to be with this person.

Honestly, when reading the book, the opening about the male lead being not that attractive was a little bit of a put off for me.  Who wants to imagine something with a not attractive guy?  LOL.  But, by the end of the book, the male lead had such a commanding presence that I wasn't really thinking about how he looks.  He was totally hot and attractive simply by being himself, and in that way I'm sure RJL will be perfect for the role.  

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

1 minute ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Can you link the novel to the first page @SilverMoonTea it will be easier to find later on, cuz as the pages moves I will forget which oage I suppose to look back for this  

@themarchioness thanks for enlighting us with your explaination, it is much underdtandable now. 😅 

It's already on the first page under "Helpful Links"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@themarchioness Well said on the “ Zhousheng Chen is the show stealer. He is a “nerdy” professor and has a very forgettable outer appearance (that’s right, you do not have a handsome male lead), but this guy oozes presences.@SilverMoonTea @Tofu

I also wanted to say it could be their demeanor which can make them appear unforgettable also. Also beauty is in the eye of the beholder . In my experience there are a lot of ML in Kdrama or CNovel that I don’t find attractive but their performance make me love and find them attractive. I assumed the FORGETTABLE FACE was among the line of his demeanor. He is a nerd, quite amd maybe unsociable which made him be unforgettable. What one person find attractive another can find them to be UgLy.  But since I haven’t read the novel yet , I will make another comment once I read chapters 1-5. I admit I am addicted to reading, I may finish it before the drama airs. 
Thanks for the invite

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Ren Jialun and Bai Lu to Couple Up in “Love Your Bones Forever”

By minna on August 24, 2020 in Chinese Drama, NEWS

Webp-net-resizeimage-21.jpg

Another Mo Bao Fei Bao (墨宝非宝) film adaptation has joined the ranks.

Recently, news broke online that the popular “Stewed Squid with Honey” author will have another one of her novels, “One Life, One Incarnation,” adapted.

Both a prequel and a sequel, Love Your Bones Forever <一生一世美人骨> and Love Your Bones Forever 2 < 长安如故>, have been reportedly set in motion. The former is a contemporary story while the latter is a period drama, and mainland Chinese actors Ren Jialun (任嘉伦) and Bai Lu (白鹿) are supposedly headlining both series.

Allegedly, Bai Lu will play Shi Yi, and Jialun will take on the role of Zhou Shengchen. In Love Your Bones Forever, Shengchen is a chemistry professor, and Shi Yi is a top voice actor who has memories of her past life, so she instantly falls in love with Shengchen again. The couple transcends time and goes back to the past in the second installment, Love Your Bones Forever 2, in which the lovers respectively play a crown princess and a dutiful general who share a teacher-student relationship.

Aside from the interesting two lifetimes plot, the spectacular pairing of Jialun and Bai Lu is also garnering attention. Since last December, Jialun has been steadily climbing up the popularity ranks and receiving praises for his performances in Under the Power <锦衣之下>, Autumn Cicada <秋蝉>, and Love a Lifetime <暮白首>. Bai Lu is also a rising star after starring in two trending and widely discussed dramas The Legends <招摇> and Arsenal Military Academy <烈火军校>.

Although the adaptation has yet to be confirmed, the official announcement is expected to come soon as filming will allegedly begin in September.

Source: QQ

• Like 2
  • Party! 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Ren Jialun and Bai Lu Pair Up as Star-Crossed Lovers in “Forever and Ever”

By joycek on January 14, 2021 in Chinese Drama, NEWS

Forever-and-Ever-Ren-Jialun-and-Bai-Lu.j

In their latest drama, Ren Jialun (任嘉倫) and Bai Lu (白鹿) portray star-crossed lovers across different lifetimes. Traversing the modern and ancient eras, the story will be told through two continuous dramas:  Forever and Ever <一生一世> and Forever and Ever 2 <長安如故>. 

Due to the popular leads and esteemed production behind the drama, hopes are high for the television adaptation.  The drama is based on popular novel One Life, One Incarnation <一生一世美人骨> by author-scriptwriter Mo Bao Fei Bao (墨寶非寶), whose script writing credits include Scarlet Heart <步步惊心>, The Flame’s Daughter <烈火如歌>, Go Go Squid! <親愛的,熱愛的> and My Sunshine <何以笙簫默>.

The story begins in modern times as top voice actor Shi Yi (Bai Lu) and chemistry professor Zhou Shengchen (Ren Jialun) discover they were lovers in their former lives. The intertwining fates of the two leads reawaken Shi Yi’s memories of her former life, leading her to Zhou Shengchen as she seeks her past-life lover.

Forever and Ever 2 <長安如故>, as the prequel to Forever and Ever, is set in the ancient era and will focus on the protagonists’ tormentous relationship which ended tragically, while the lovers travel back in time and try to change their fates.

Filming for Forever and Ever already ended on November 22, with Bai Lu and Ren Jialun taking only a short break before continuing filming for Forever and Ever 2 started on November 26. Filming back-to-back, both dramas can be released shortly one after the other so that the story can flow more seamlessly for viewers. Forever and Ever is set for a 2021 release.

Source: Beauty321

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha!! This is going to be my reading schedule, in case others wants to participate. Feel free to read ahead or read slower. If I don't write this down, I won't do it and I need everyone to hold me accountable for finishing the novel. :laugh:

• Week of May 10th: Prologue, Chapters 1-5
  • Week of May 17th: Insert Chapter 1, Chapter 6-10
  • Week of May 24th: Chapter 11-15, Insert Chapter 2
  • Week of May 31st: Chapter 16-17, Final Chapter, Epilogues 

Novel Linkhttps://hui3r.wordpress.com/mo-bao-fei-bao/one-life-one-incarnation-beautiful-bones-completed/

wow u even provide reading schedule lols.... hahahha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
34 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea - That means the first part is going to be all tears. :letalQQ:

Not the 2nd part? I think the unfulfilled love is the historical theme. The 1st part is modern and 2nd is historical. 

My guess this part 1&2 maybe all tears inducing haha.... idk... I'm bad with sad story actually. But it's RJL! I got to be strong 😆

Modern drama spoiler :

Spoiler

She will fell into coma but he will wake her up.

Source :

https://www.cpophome.com/forever-and-ever-ren-jialun-bai-lu/

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

My guess this part 1&2 maybe all tears inducing haha.... idk... I'm bad with sad story actually. But it's RJL! I got to be strong 😆

I will be here with you and the heartsaches . 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Shi Yi took a sip of her soup, then thought for a moment before answering. “Most people’s eyes are shallow, seeing only the skin-deep appearance and not the ‘bones,’ the appearance of the inside. This young girl is rare indeed for she could see the intrinsic nature of this man.”

I think it is very common for people to look at physical appearance and pay less attention to someone's inside -- their inner beauty or in this case, their bones

Shi Yi is described as this beautiful woman, who people can't help but stare whenever they meet her. Zhousheng Chen is your average looking man, who doesn't stand out. I like this set up because I think often time it's the opposite, the man is attractive and the woman isn't.  

How they met is interesting and funny because if someone ran after me like Shi Yi did to Zhousheng Chen, I would have called the police to arrest them. Hahaha! 

Shi Yi and Zhousheng Chen, at this stage of where I'm at in the novel, are fond of each other but no romance has developed. I do appreciate the respect they have for each other. 

How's the reading going for those who decided to read the novel? =)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

if this is true...i wishes for RJL and SongYun reunion

“One Life, One Incarnation” is the original title of the book that this drama is based on. That article was from several months ago when this drama was announced. Sorry, you’ll have to get your Under the Power reunion some other way... 

So, it sounds like they’re airing the modern first and historical part second? I’m surprised they’d want to leave people on a sad note! But I guess at least they can point back to the first one and say, “There’s your happy ending”???

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 4

My Fanfics

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

“One Life, One Incarnation” is the original title of the book that this drama is based on. That article was from several months ago when this drama was announced. Sorry, you’ll have to get your Under the Power reunion some other way... 

lols i know...hence the 'if' lols 

not sure if this been display before? lols

KgnQj5k.jpg

• Haha 2
32 minutes ago, Tofu said:

iQIYI uploaded the trailer to their YT account, yay! Better quality for making gifs. Hahaha!!

LOL, I look forward to your gifs, then! 

I'm excited the trailer is subbed. Now I can share it with friends. Thanks for sharing! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

43 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

The historical trailer looks good, too! Although Bai Lu trying to be a young girl, I hope they just don’t bother. It’s kinda awkward. Lol. 

Hahahaha!! I thought so too. :laugh:

Here's the trailer with English subs! Ren Jialun's fans are quick!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Hahahaha!! I thought so too. :laugh:

I’m glad it wasn’t just me!! Hahaha. It was the scene where she was peering over the edge of the balcony that, in particular, had me thinking, “Oh no, we’re not really going to do this, are we?” I mean, I recognize that scene as one from straight out of the book but the difference is, in the book, the female lead starts out as a little girl in the historical portion of the story. And I do mean little! Which Bai Lu is not... and that’s okay! She can’t be what she’s not and they’re not going to bring in a little girl to play the role. So the drama should just adapt the story a bit... and please don’t make Bai Lu try to be this little girl that she can’t be. It’s awkward! Fingers crossed...

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 3

My Fanfics