Cast:

Yang Mi as Fang Haishi/ Ye Haishi
William Chan as Fang Zhu/ Fang Jianming
Xu Kaicheng as Di Xu/ Zhu Zhongxu
Chen Xiaoyun as Ti Lan/ Zi Zan
Yuan Yuxuan as Zhe Liu
Wilson Wang as Zhou Ying/ Duo Han/ Duo Luo

Sources:

During the Zheng dynasty in the vast ocean of Novoland, the seeking for a magical pearl which could be only obtained from a young Naga girl tears’, caused the slaughter of the Merfolk. For this reason, Hai Shi lost her parents and her whole Yu coastal village. During Hai Shi´s most critical moment she met Fang Zhu, the first official of the imperial court, Hai Shi then became Fang Zhu´s disciple. 

Not long after, Zheng dynasty´s imperial court falls into a great chaos at the same time conflicts with other kingdoms start. Meanwhile the emperor Chi Zhong Xu seems to be unable to keep the order in his court and looks like a self-indulgent ruler. But the persistent support from Fang Zhu allows the nation to see a new time of peace.
Hai Shi then becomes the personal guard of the emperor and she starts to be interested in him, and some misunderstandings rise between them. When the emperor finds out that Hai Shi is a girl, he starts having feelings for her. Hai Shi will have to face her own feelings towards Fang Zhu and the emperor. Cr mydramalist

Links

Weibo | Douban | Baidu

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@Tofu @Yana I officially hate the Emperor. And I think the ML reminds me of the typical self-sacrificing, "your life is more important than mine" (ie The Emperor's over his) kind. I still don't know how I'm going to stomach a love triangle but for now, it's kinda fun to watch the first few episodes and kinda sad to watch our FL so confused about her loyalty and affections for her master and the things she has been asked to do, based on their motto, "Yours is not to question why, yours is but to do and die." And at any rate, our ML is going to let the Emperor have our FL (duty, loyalty, guilt), I suspect up till the point he can't take it anymore??

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Clapping Hands 2

@IpohBanana I love both Xu kaicheng and William chan so so much that it's so difficult to hate either of them.... Lol..

Just saw first two episodes and it felt a bit draggy ... I am not much intrigued but yet I am going to give it a try.... 

The only thing that is really bothering me is their voices.....they have dubbed their voices for this one and when u already know their original voices.... It kinda puts me off...

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

44 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@Tofu @Yana I officially hate the Emperor. And I think the ML reminds me of the typical self-sacrificing, "your life is more important than mine" (ie The Emperor's over his) kind. I still don't know how I'm going to stomach a love triangle but for now, it's kinda fun to watch the first few episodes and kinda sad to watch our FL so confused about her loyalty and affections for her master and the things she has been asked to do, based on their motto, "Yours is not to question why, yours is but to do and die." And at any rate, our ML is going to let the Emperor have our FL (duty, loyalty, guilt), I suspect up till the point he can't take it anymore??

Wowww...I havent start it yet..so much Cdrama come out at the same week...:laugh:

• Like 2

@movingwheel Xu Kai Cheng is doing a good job, else I won't hate him. But I think I've softened my stance when I saw him yelling at the court officials for the pearl tax corruption. It's so funny that Yang Mi merely wrote her tragic experience from her childhood and that won her first place in the essay writing competition. I am wondering if the rest wrote stuff to fawn over the Emperor and his rule or wrote something very typical of literary works so much so that she stood out? Or she won just because she made him realise something where he had his blinkers on? I just saw E12 preview, and ....

Spoiler

she's hinting to William Chen that she's developed feelings for him. It's indirect but he's so smart, he'll know what she's saying. It's very typical of her character, to be so forthcoming, telling him to stop caring for her even if it's because of the sifu-disciple relationship or else she'll do/say something she should not and she would then banish herself never to see him again after that. In fact I think in E11, she's asked to be stationed far, far away. And from the Emperor's response, he knows her gender, because he's questioning her rationale for going somewhere that even men find it difficult to survive because of the harsh living conditions.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1