Maiden Holmes 少女大人 [2020]

5 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Harmless entertaining fluff. Nothing that taxes the brain. It falls along the lines of Sleuth of Ming Dynasty but a lighter version of Ancient Detective.

The leads do well enough... chemistry is good. The pretty lad who plays Pei Zhao reminds me of Merxat particularly when he smirks.

u know he did well for a first timer.... this is his very first drama hahaha....and im in love with the chemistry :) 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I can't believe the number of cross-dressing rom com cliches they've thrown at us in just 5 episodes.  Bar the kitchen sink. 

But it's fun. And Xie Beiming is quite funny. Plus it much much better than Dr Cutie.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Haha 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can't believe the number of cross-dressing rom com cliches they've thrown at us in just 5 episodes.  Bar the kitchen sink. 

But it's fun. And Xie Beiming is quite funny. Plus it much much better than Dr Cutie.

yes he is totally a cutie.....i love the way he is so cute......with RuShuang hahaha....

and also the numbers of kisses they throw to us....this is the first times i seen so many kisses in a historical drama! 

:wow2:

• Haha 4

I can see why you like it @NiteWalker. It probably reminds you of Under the Power

Xie Beiming is a hoot! I love his "asides" and his facial expressions. LOL.

This show is hilarious. It's so cliched that it's so cheesy. As a detective drama it's very lightweight. I just watch it for the laughs. 

• Haha 3

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

12 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can see why you like it @NiteWalker. It probably reminds you of Under the Power

Xie Beiming is a hoot! I love his "asides" and his facial expressions. LOL.

This show is hilarious. It's so cliched that it's so cheesy. As a detective drama it's very lightweight. I just watch it for the laughs. 

totally....hahahaha....

there are parts how PeiZhao remind me of LuYi at how he took care of SuCi hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like this drama. I honestly thought after the tongue lashing the general gave Prince Qi that he would be more on the alert for his uncle’s plots but I can’t believe he actually invited the foreign princess to his place and gave his uncle such a perfect venue to set him up. Yes, thanks to SuCi the uncle’s tool in that corrupt minister was exposed but I wish Qi would be more on his guard. 

• Like 2

Watching:  **  KDrama:  |  Love in Your Eyes  |  Again My Life  |  **  CDrama:  |  Reset  |

Plan to watch: |  Gaus Electronics |  Hospital Playlist 2  |  

Re-watch: |  Happiness  |

3 hours ago, Lynne said:

What episode is that???? I saw a clip of them disguising as Husband and wife.... awwww.. He was secretly happy when she calls him "xianggong" hahahaha... 

25 if im not wrong.....

of course he is happy....it had been his intention to marry her once the opportunity presented itself hahaha.....he is practically glue himself to her all the times....

• Haha 1
On 9/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, Celebrianna said:

I like this drama. I honestly thought after the tongue lashing the general gave Prince Qi that he would be more on the alert for his uncle’s plots but I can’t believe he actually invited the foreign princess to his place and gave his uncle such a perfect venue to set him up. Yes, thanks to SuCi the uncle’s tool in that corrupt minister was exposed but I wish Qi would be more on his guard. 

This is what's worrying me about Pei Zhao even if I haven't got as far as you have. I don't mind that he's fallen for Su Ci so hard and fast but he has been so indiscrete in his public interactions with her. It puts her in an awkward spot. I really don't like where the script is going with him. He's a member of the royal family and he's been so careful thus far. If anything he should be much much more careful. He's behaving more like a rom com male lead than a prince navigating court intrigue.

This is why I can't take this show seriously and I don't know how long I can hang on for even with the eye candy on display.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

FeiYuan- The best way to make a girl dislike you is to like another girl.

Do you agree with FeiYuan?

NOO.... that is totally wrong FeiYuan... aiyaaa.... you've been following your master for so long and you're still thinking so naive.. LOL

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

they always take care of each other on set

COUGH.. COUGH......  

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Lynne said:

NOO.... that is totally wrong FeiYuan... aiyaaa.... you've been following your master for so long and you're still thinking so naive.. LOL

well he is a kid after all....and he didnt follow his master footsteps in courting a girl hahahaha

25 minutes ago, Lynne said:

COUGH.. COUGH......  

hehehhe u know i know har.... :D 

• Haha 1