Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

18EzK_4f.jpgBroadcast Station: tvN

Schedule: Oct 7, 2020 - Nov 26, 2020 - Wed. & Thu. 22:50

About the show: A nine-tailed fox settles down in the city. A female television PD chases after the nine-tailed fox. 

The story features the mythical nine-tailed fox, or gumiho, Lee Yeon who has just settled in the city. Able to transform into human form, he goes about cleansing human spirits, all the while creating havoc. Enter the talented television producer Nam Ji Ah whose current show features urban myths. With nerves of steel, she will stop at nothing to secure unusual, if not dangerous, subject matter to showcase. She sets her sights on Lee Yeon who appears just too good to be true; irresistibly handsome, intelligent, fit; in fact the ideal guest. But his heartlessness will render doubt in her that he is indeed of this world. Step-brother to Lee Yeon is the captivating Lee Rang, reputed to be the most dangerous of all gumihos living among humans. Despite being half-human himself, he harbors a deep-seated contempt for all people. For sport, he will unleash his seductive prowess upon his human-du-jour, by promising to grant them their wishes, only to trick them into paying a hefty price for their earthly desires.   Cr: myDramalist 

Genre:  Action, Thriller, Romance, Drama, Fantasy, Melodrama

Basic Information | Videos | OSTs | Behind The Scenes

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

:mad: Basic Information :mad:

Episodes: 16 

Director: Kang Shin Hyo (Children Of the lesser God, The Heirs, Tazza)

Screenwriter: Han Woo Ri (Children Of the lesser God)

:shocked2: Cast of Characters  :shocked2:

Lee Dong Wook - Lee Yeon / Gumiho 

Jo Bo Ah - Nam Ji Ah 

Kim Bum - Lee Rang 

Kim Yong Ji - Yoo Ri 

Hwang Hee - Shin Joo 

Kim Jung Nan - Pai Eui Pa 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 (Season Two)

Korean Title: Gumihodyeon 1938 / 구미호뎐1938
English Title: Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938
Director: Kang Shin Hyo (Previous work: Tale of the Nine Tailed)
Writer: Han Woo Ri (Previous work: Tale of the Nine Tailed)
Network: tvN
Episodes: 12
Release Date: May, 6th, 2023 (Saturday/Sunday Schedule)
English Subtitle: Prime Video
Official Website: tvN

Synopsis:

Lee Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) gets involved in an unexpected case that leads him to travel back in time to the year 1938. There, Lee Yeon meets Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) again. She was once a guardian spirt of a mountain in the west, but in 1938 she is the owner of the best high-end restaurant Myoyeongak in the capital city of Gyeongseong. When Ryu Hong Joo met Lee Yeon for the first time, she was fascinated by him, but she couldn’t have him. Now, she meets him again and she feels excitement. Lee Yeon also meets his younger brother Lee Rang (Kim Bum).

Meanwhile, Cheon Mu-Young (Ryoo Kyung Soo) used to be a guardian spirit of a mountain in the east and he used to be friends with Lee Yeon and Ryu Hong Joo. A case led Cheon Mu Young to become hostile towards him. Lee Yeon struggles to go back to the present day where his loved one lives. (Credit)

• Like 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

12 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

I've been waiting for a new Jo Bo Ah drama and to have her paired with Lee Dong Wook is icing on the cake, two favorites in one drama makes me the happiest person. Sad we still have to wait another few weeks for this to start.

I was just thinking that it was going to be an interesting pairing. I always think of JBA being a newbie actor, but she's actually held her own as a lead in a number of recent dramas. Forest with Park Hae Jin and My Strange Hero with Yoo Seung Ho comes to mind.

And, Lee Dong Wook has been a leading man for so long now with chemistry with all of his leads and second leads even. Anyway, I really hope they have some chemistry together since LDW's gumiho has a bit of a scary vibe to him.

• Like 2
On 9/9/2020 at 12:00 PM, stroppyse said:

I was just thinking that it was going to be an interesting pairing. I always think of JBA being a newbie actor, but she's actually held her own as a lead in a number of recent dramas. Forest with Park Hae Jin and My Strange Hero with Yoo Seung Ho comes to mind.

And, Lee Dong Wook has been a leading man for so long now with chemistry with all of his leads and second leads even. Anyway, I really hope they have some chemistry together since LDW's gumiho has a bit of a scary vibe to him.

It's so weird when good actresses come to mind, Bo Ah is rarely mentioned, it does often feel like she's a newbie when she's not. I know most of her earlier roles weren't nicer characters & she was a supporting actress, I discovered her through a weekend drama (All About My Mom) and have tried to watch her stuff since then. 

Tbh this pairing wasn't something I would have thought could happen, but this seems to be an interesting story line & LDW doesn't always take on the same roles.  

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Merry_Shai said:

It's so weird when good actresses come to mind, Bo Ah is rarely mentioned, it does often feel like she's a newbie when she's not. I know most of her earlier roles weren't nicer characters & she was a supporting actress, I discovered her through a weekend drama (All About My Mom) and have tried to watch her stuff since then. 

Tbh this pairing wasn't something I would have thought could happen, but this seems to be an interesting story line & LDW doesn't always take on the same roles.  

I think one of the issues for JBA is that her early roles were really where she was just a pretty face. I first remember her from Shut Up and Run Flower Boy Band which was really all about Lee Min Ki for the first 4 episodes, then about Sung Joon and L.

She also was pretty screechy in some of her earlier roles that it took me awhile to realize that she's actually been getting better.

This pairing isn't one that I would have looked forward to until it was announced, and now I'm curious about it.

Plus Lee Dong Wook as a male gumiho? Wonder how he'll characterize it? I don't think he's going to be all sweet and cuddly. At least not until after he's been tamed perhaps. :heart:

• Like 4

Will this be very scary ? Cuz you know I’m a bit chicken. :shocked: But you know what intrigues me is the fact that this drama was written by and is directed by the same team that did the Children of a Lesser God.  That was a very good drama. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think one of the issues for JBA is that her early roles were really where she was just a pretty face. I first remember her from Shut Up and Run Flower Boy Band which was really all about Lee Min Ki for the first 4 episodes, then about Sung Joon and L.

She also was pretty screechy in some of her earlier roles that it took me awhile to realize that she's actually been getting better.

This pairing isn't one that I would have looked forward to until it was announced, and now I'm curious about it.

Plus Lee Dong Wook as a male gumiho? Wonder how he'll characterize it? I don't think he's going to be all sweet and cuddly. At least not until after he's been tamed perhaps. 

Very true, her earlier roles were pretty whiny & high pitched so I can see why some people overlook her, I'm glad she's branched out over the last few years & refused to be typecast. 

This pairing feels out of left field lol It's not something I would have thought of myself, but it's welcome since I don't know what to expect yet I'm excited. 

I've seen LDW as a weird superhero person before so I assume he's going to be stand-offish & aloof for a while lol 

39 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Will this be very scary ? Cuz you know I’m a bit chicken. But you know what intrigues me is the fact that this drama was written by and is directed by the same team that did the Children of a Lesser God.  That was a very good drama. 

Idk if it's going to be scary....well depends on how jumpy you are:smug:

• Haha 4