Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

@mademoisellesia sadly no . Netflix already has Private Lives & Dol Sol.  I am impressed that TvN even subbed the trailer.  Viki got the rights this one & also Viu for those in Asia 

Spoiler

INphnDM.jpg

Spoiler

dWFxs22.jpg

Lee Dong Wook’s visuals are really :wow:

pictures cr TvN

bR6LJi7.jpg

h0RM1Kr.jpg

7mC9mIU.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Can’t wait for subs ! 
Naver article talks about how well the drama did ratings wise & praised the acting - how immersed they were in their roles

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003640107

Preview for eps 2

oooo . So good + Wookie fan service :SquirtleNiceAhah:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I'm done with episode 1. Interesting start to the story. The story moves quite quickly as well, that is worrying a little and obviously hope the writer has more richer story up the sleeves if s/he going to move this quick. Love the meta joke about Grim Reaper. Love the cute chat between the child actor and LDW at the park, adorable. It's engaging and I do like fantasy so will definitely continue.

Oh oh, that scene where LDW's eyes turn yellow and the camera zoom close-up, ok, yes VERY handsome.

EjyQt-_UwAAb8w2?format=jpg&name=medium

• Heart Eyes 2

I like this story..but honestly..the only trope I don’t like is that..Why does the FL for the sake of testing water...throw herself off the ledge! Could you imagine Lee Yeon decides not to save her? She will just fall to her death! The drama will end after it started its first episode lol! This really made me detach from the story a little because it feels very scripted :idk:...

Now good points..:GrimChamp:I love Lee Yeon! a lot of the time I was looking at him and just imagining him as a fox! He has the occasional humour which I love:eeeee:now I’m very curious about his family! I want to learn more about him!:hug:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

ahahahah @Darkarcana this scene ? :laugh:

HQC0deT.png

I was surprised too. But given that she has definitely gone through alot all her life since that haunting childhood accident , her obsession with the "supernatural" to uncover the truth about her parents' accident, him saving her as a child  and the video she had recorded of the fight , I'd say it was a calculated gamble . The pace of the drama was faster than I expected , as in I didn't expect her to confirm who he was in eps 1. I am guessing they'd focus on their past lives after this and them fighting off Lee Rang , who for whatever reason seems to not want to leave his brother alone. It is quite clear she his 1st love in her previous life and is reincarnated.

I love Wookie's visuals in this drama ( but heck I am bias since I always have a soft spot for him), and he is made for roles like this ( hello my favorite grim reaper)  . I am just glad that this drama is not as scary as Hell is Other People.  I do like Kim Bum as Lee Rang too - as he was able to effortlessly transform from innocent to badass , and I thought he was a good choice as a foil to Wookie's character.  I supposed it was Lee Rang and his lovely lady companion that ate her parents! :shocked2:

• Insightful 1

ooo checking out today's cuts...

Flashback to their (her )past lives...she was indeed his 1st love

Interesting ..is Lee Rang angry at his brother , a way to get the latter's attention? Did Lee Yeon abandon Lee Rang for love?

Spoiler

Hmmm I think he's beginning to suspect she could be the 1st love he's looking for.  Think they came to this island to investigate something as per preview and had to share a room...but no..nothing happened ...lol

Next week...looks very exciting with fight scenes btwn the brothers!

• Like 1

I enjoyed eps 2 a lot as well. The pacing is fast , and the episodes don't drag . And given the mystery surrounding her parents' death ( or shall I say disappearance ),  his quest to find his first love , the mysterious deaths of the people around them , Lee Rang - Lee Yeon sibling arc - I do think that the drama has a lot to cover going forward.

Kim Bum as Lee Rang is a perfect choice. What a handsome foxy character ! And  the scenes of how he and Kim Yong Ji's character Yu Ri  unapologetically having fun at the expense of people's misery show off their interesting chemistry.  Look at their pictorial.  Visuals are great. ( I forgot he and Wookie are both managed by KingKong)

35-371b46d0c9c12b1cf30a0453c730b3b0.jpg

Anyway Lee Rang's killing spree & an obsession to be a pain in Lee Yeon's butt every chance he gets , is very much an act of rebellion and a deep desire for his brother's attention. He felt abandoned by Lee Yeon who chose love instead of his home. So I like where we're going with this - at least we can see that Lee Rang is not just going to be a token one dimensional villain. 

And finally the million dollar question is to whether Ji Ah is his 1st love , the one he is looking for . The most predictable answer is that she would be the one given the East Asian obsession with fate and all.  But I do wonder if the drama would take a different route? The drama does present us with what could be a red herring here  ( okay , I really wanted to post this ..ahahaah cuz you know Wookie in glasses  :wow:)

Igg3qDV.png

Also like the scenes from his back story...

Spoiler

tklqdIw.png

And that ending scene ...what was that? Was Ji Ah possesed...or something triggered within her because of the herbs he put on her ...was someone pretending to be Ji Ah? Cannot wait to find out in episode 3. Overall the drama is visually pleasing , the scenes flow well , good casting and the mystery that we're immediately thrown into is interesting enough to sustain my attention.

@OsmanthusTea @ktcjdrama @Darkarcana @Ameera @mademoisellesia @bluepebbles @Merry_Shai you guys watched yet? Any thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

@abs-oluteM

I am up to date with Gumiho and so far loving it a lot.....:hearties:  Wookie with amber eyes is sizzling. His deadpan tired vibes is perfectly done as a 1000 years old fox who has been alive for so long. Surprisingly my fav character is KimBum. His mischievous smile is so cute and he is perfect for this role.  How he interchanges sinister, mischievous, anger and pain in a flash is a joy to watch.....

The only minor let down is Boah. She doesn't has a spark or a zing as a FL, even KB's cute little fox outshines her. I hope Boah will improves in future episodes....

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

And that ending scene ...what was that? Was Ji Ah possesed...or something triggered within her because of the herbs he put on her ...was someone pretending to be Ji Ah? Cannot wait to find out in episode 3.

I watched without realizing time has passed. When the scene of her skin turning into black webs, I just know it that I’ve reached the end of the episode and this will be the cliffhanger, and I literally was screaming to the screen nooo give us a little bit more, what’s going on?? Don’t stop there! My daughter rolled her eyes at me (she was watching something else on her laptop)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

Quick review from me. Just in ep 1 the show had stolen my heart. And ep 2 got me more interested. And LDW oppa :wow: he looks so handsome. My heart flutters a lot seeing him. Aahahahs

So is JA AE's reincarnation. I got a bit confused to the ending of ep 2. Is she JA or another fox who pretends to be her? That scar on her shoulders looks like a snake skin?!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

After episode 2, I have reservation and concerns. It stemmed from the storyline and how the whole thing is executed/directed. I fear that the execution may not satiate the expectation for a good story-telling of the legendary Gumiho. The pace of the story moves a bit too fast and directing feels messy.

I do like the beginning scene of episode 2 on Lee Yeon and his human lover, in particularly the part where he chases after her at the riverside. I love the BGM of that scene too. But that was it, I wasn't very "WOW" by anything else. There's mystery on that island which I am interested, so I hope episode 3-4 will be satisfying and gives me a good subplot/story on it. And obviously I want to know whether Ji Ah is the reincarnation of Ah Eum. Could she this time be reincarnated into a non-human, which is why the fox bead didn't react to Yeon?

I'm struggling to like Lee Rang at this point. He's acting like a big (and super old) baby, seeking attention from big brother in a very unattractive and childish way. Boo-hoo. Why? Just because he lacks love as Yeon so casually said so to inform the viewers? Just because he was abandoned by Yeon? It had to be more than that. I hope. And why is Yeon acting so ignorant to Rang? Why can't he be a brother to Rang if he understands what Rang wants from him? People on Weibo mentioned Yeon is 1636 years old and Rang is 600 years old. Yeon served the Hades siblings for 600 years. This would mean Yeon left the mountain the time Rang was "born". Where are their parents? Do Gumiho have parents? And did Rang perhaps kill Ah Eum that's why they had a fall out. I need more backstory about Rang. What boggles me more is that why or how is Yeon who punishes evil-doing creatures are not ordered to catch his brother, who killed so many people on the bus, and allowing him disrupting the peace?

aUN04o7.gif

0WfnUSL.gif

source: https://thingskateknows.tumblr.com/post/631416053006811136

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1

New BTS . 

ooo thx for this @mademoisellesia . This really gave me food for thought. The initial episodes allude to the fact that Lee Rang may have abandonment issues resulting in him acting up. Now I really wanna know what happened in the past . I don’t know if Lee Rang killed Ah Eum , I think not . Though i won’t write that off . I think Lee Yeon gets to choose who he wants to hunt down right ? As in that headquarters where he goes to report , there’s a noticeboard of the different individuals he should track  . Has Lee Yeon been able to cleverly cover his tracks over the years , so he’s not on that list yet ? 

12 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

People on Weibo mentioned Yeon is 1636 years old and Rang is 600 years old. Yeon served the Hades siblings for 600 years. This would mean Yeon left the mountain the time Rang was "born". Where are their parents? Do Gumiho have parents? And did Rang perhaps kill Ah Eum that's why they had a fall out. I need more backstory about Rang. What boggles me more is that why or how is Yeon who punishes evil-doing creatures are not ordered to catch his brother, who killed so many people on the bus, and allowing him disrupting the peace?

• Like 2