Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

@abs-oluteM. @mademoisellesia just completed watching 2 episodes of the drama.... absolutely marvelous... This is my first time of jo bo ah., liking her so far and those cliff hangers...OMG...

Lee Dong Wook is supremely talented and kim bum is making me fall in love with him again after BOF..

Looking at the suspense , i am sure that this drama is going to do well in terms of ratings..

Lee dong wook is a bit feminine here although probably it has something to do with korean folklore/mythology...i am not sure. But marvelous acting.

This is a drama written for LDW and he is totally justifying it but my heart is still with grim reaper.... I just can't let go of epic playfulness between LDW and GY. But i will stick to this drama and watch it till the end simply because I am loving the plot.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

21 hours ago, movingwheel said:

ee Dong Wook is supremely talented and kim bum is making me fall in love with him again after BOF..

I like them both ...thought the casting was very good. Wookie really suits these kind of roles ...and someone was commenting on twitter that Kim Bum never grows old.

OST 1

Wookie's agency posted a BTS of the falling scene too

Spoiler

• Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

K netz approve the pairing and of course praise for Wookie's premium quality look :1000:

credit to : https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-tale-of-nine-tailed-episode-2.html

[Naver TV] 'Tale of the Nine Tailed' Episode 2 Reaction and Comments

(Heart-rending) Lee Dongwook couldn't let his first love, Jo Boah, go ㅠ The reincarnation after 600 years of waiting 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-08%2Bat%2B6.59.14%2

Screenshot%2B2020-10-08%2Bat%2B5.03.58%2

1. [+202][-11] What I think could have been better is... Lee Dongwook's face is from a premium quality luxury design house but the CG and the makeup quality just feel like they are from a lower brandㅠㅜ If I was the director, I would've searched the whole country to find a big beautiful tree to film the scene where they are playing together... The tree CG is too much honestly.......  

2. [+140][-2] He looks like Inuyasha ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+81][-4] Wow... whatever he wears, they all suit him well,,, God-Dongwook 

4. [+80][-2] As expected, the face completes the fashion, the glasses, the hanbok and the long hair all suit him.. Lee Dongwook's visuals are insane ㄷㄷ

5. [+60][-3] Wow.. now that's true love, waiting for over 600 years and that's between a human and a Gumiho..

Petting Gumiho Lee Dongwook in their first encounter ~ Jo Boah treating him like a Sapsali dog #mountainsprit_scandal

Screenshot%2B2020-10-08%2Bat%2B7.03.18%2

1. [+73][-1] Lee Yeon and Nam Jiah, if you look at it a certain way, it'll be a path to jail ㅋㅋㅋㅋ (T/N: due to their significant age difference) 

2. [+52][-1] Lee Dongwook is literally a cartoon character ㅋㅋ Even that style of hanbok suits him well and he looks beautiful ㅠ

3. [+51][-1] Wow I love this genre 🥰🥰 Even just by watching them two, I'm already smiling, oopsie💕

4. [+42][-1] I really feel like I've just watched a cartoon ㅠㅠ So beautiful but so sad 

5. [+40][-2] Lee Dongwook is hella handsome 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-08%2Bat%2B7.04.50%2
Screenshot%2B2020-10-08%2Bat%2B6.50.09%2

1. [+239][-21] Both of their acting skills are exceptional... 

2. [+234][-3] My feelings: ?????????????.........????????????????

3. [+204][-4] 74 years old, you're a baby to me ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ But I don't think it was Jo Boah at the end ㅋㅋ

4. [+146][-8] What? Did Lee Rang turn into Lee Yeon and killed Ahum in their past life..? Super interesting (shudder)

5. [+119][-4] Woah what is the ending? A snake? ????

• Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 1 (detailed recaps)

Voiceover on a moonlit night –

When a fox turns 100, it can become a beautiful woman or a man with a single love interest. When a fox turns 1000, it becomes a celestial fox with powers to see what lays ahead”.

First Sequence –

It is 1999 in Yeou Gogae (Fox Bridge). A young Nam Ji Ah is driven home on a quiet road with her mom and dad. Her mother gives Ji Ah her birthday present early, a carousel music box. As the father drives , the street lights go out, then the car flips over.

( Goblin move , when Ji Eun Tak was kidnapped :D )

The car is completely flipped over and and three of them are kind of hanging upside down.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Ji Ah unbluckles herself and tries to wake her parents up but they don’t move. A man and a woman who look exactly like her parents suddenly appear.

spacer.png

The scene moves to Ji Ah’s home. She suddenly wakes up from her sleep as if she had a bad dream. She sees that she is watching TV with her father while her mother is cooking. She tells them that she loves them and while her father inquired whether she had a bad dream , she says that she does not want to even think about that. Suddenly she notices that her music box is chipped from the accident , she has a small blood stain on her clothes and her parents laugh at news of death on TV. She asks her mother to give her a walnut cookie. When her mother tries to find walnut cookies in their kitchen, she stabs the mother, stating that she has nut allergy and her mother being a doctor has always known about it.

She runs away upstairs and the father and mother follow her. They rip off the door handle and thrust their claw into the room. She retreats beside the table and shuts her eyes, thinking that this nightmare will end. Suddenly the screaming stops and she sees a red umbrella peeking in with a tall man standing.

(I swear this man will be the death of mine , anyway back to recapping , Let’s not get distracted by the handsomeness of LDW)

Spoiler

spacer.png

This man sends some golden colored something to her which just vanishes into thin air ( I did not understand what it was ) and the man says that she is not Ah Eum.

Now this guy with the weird looking golden eyes tells her – compels her , “Forget everything you saw today , everything. If you don’t do as I say , ….and then suddenly they mute his voice”

(why PD Nim , why)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Now Ji Ah finds herself in the middle of the accident venue and her parents are missing. She requests the police to find them. That man (LDW) watches from the roadside with a bored face.

spacer.png

Now Chapter 1 - The Incident that Occurred in Yeo Gogae starts –

This is 2020 & LDW wakes up to an alarm for a marriage ceremony. Red Hot Messy Hair..

Spoiler

spacer.png

He takes a bath and PD Nim does show us a peek at his after-shower-hot-bod…

94JDuRz.png

(my life is complete.... :D)

He ignores healthy breakfast for mint chocolate ice cream. Before he leaves the apartment, he grabs his red umbrella. Others gasp at the sudden rain shower while Lee Yeon utilizes his umbrella. Someone wonders why there is rain when it was not forecasted. Lee Yeon comments that it is because the Fox is getting married on this day.

Lee Yeon enters the marriage hall and goes straight where bride is taking photographs. He tells everyone to give him some time with the bride. The bride requests , begs him to forgive and let her marry and that she will not kill any human now onwards since she has fallen in love. Lee Yeon says she’s a fox who has killed too many humans. Now she must die. She wheedles an agreement that she can have the wedding ceremony before he kills her.

Meanwhile Producer Director Nam Ji Ah ( Jo Bo Ah ) has a brief conversation with Pyo Jae Hwan regarding the adjustment done on the script, however he agrees that the writer had noticed that she had improved the script. She tells him that she does believe in monsters, but she is not scared of them.

(rest in spoiler)

Spoiler

Meanwhile Producer Director Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) adjusts the script for her show. Pyo Jae Hwan warns her the writer will get upset but Ji Ah notes she had improved the script. She tells Jae Hwan that she believes in monsters but isn’t scared of them.

The bride proceeds with the wedding. Lee Yeon looks on at it with bored eyes. Then after the wedding , Lee Yeon enters to do his job. Bride fights with him and asks by whose authority does he act. Lee Yeon agrees that this job is his penance. Finally Lee Yeon kills the bride in full view of the groom. As she dies , she asks Lee Yeon to erase all the good memories of her from her husband’s memories. The bride turns into ashes, and he kneels in front of her husband. His eyes glow.

spacer.png

A commotion occurs in the hallway and Ji Ah sees Lee Yeon leaving the premises. It strikes something on her memory but she could not figure it out.

While investigating the crime scene , Ji Ah finds out that the bride had struggled against the killer and there was some fur. She takes those to a vet ( who is basically a friend / partner / servant / employee to Lee Yeon ) Gu Shin Joo who tells her that foxes are coming back from the brink of extinction and they are in the city. Ji Ah does not believe it.

Lee Yeon arrives at the afterlife immigration office which dispatches spirits that refuses to leave the earth. He was having a talk with Granny where Granny assigns him his new case, but he sighs. Granny reminds him of his agreement that he signed in exchange for Ah Eum’s resurrection. She offers to destroy it which is the last thing he wants.

Hyun Ui Ong (Gatekeeper of the Samdo River) arrives. Lee Yeon ignores his greeting as he strides away.

Vet Gu Shin Joo calls Lee Yeon and reports Ji Ah’s finding of the fox fur at the wedding hall.

As Ji Ah sits with the writer to discuss the show , Jae Hwan arrives with CCTV footage of Lee Yeon walking away from the wedding hall, red umbrella deployed. Ji Ah notes it wasn’t raining after the wedding. Jae Hwan says there is no footage of the bride exiting the wedding hall. Ji Ah remembers seeing Lee Yeon in the hallway.

Spoiler

msMqYrY.png

Vet Gu Shin Joo worries about Ji Ah’s interest in the fox fur. He spots the photo of Lee Yeon exiting the wedding hall with the red umbrella deployed. He’s worried Lee Yeon will be discovered. Lee Yeon isn’t concerned.spacer.png

Kim Bum enters with geeky spectacles and claims to Ji Ah that he has information about the guy with the red umbrella.

spacer.png

He claims to  be a fan of Ji Ah but she notices the discrepancies almost immediately. When this man tells her that Yeou Gogae is the place where he saw that mystery man , she immediately starts paying more attention to that man.

As the man goes outside of the building , he converts into stylish Lee Rang and gets picked up by another Fox Cohort, Ki Yoo Ri  (Kim Yong Ji). He tells her that he liked the fact that she picked up on his discrepancies. Yoo Ri asks him whether they should eat her but he says that feast will be later.

As usual , Lee Yeon orders his mint chocolate  ice cream. He gets a call from his brother. Next there is a conversation between Lee Yeon and Lee Rang –

rr0GtCh.png

LUTxS0K.png

Lee Yeon : the number you are calling is not available , Dude.

Lee Rang : it’s been a while.

Lee Yeon : why?

Lee Rang : why do you think? I called because I missed you. What are you doing right now?

Lee Yeon : I am busy. Hanging up.

Lee Rang : aye , you don’t look busy. Let’s meet.

Lee Yeon : I refuse.

Lee Rang: I am going to set your house on fire.

Lee Yeon: Six hundred years and still acting like a child is not cute at all.

Lee Rang: You will regret it.

Lee Yeon: I wont.

Lee Rang: You are still waiting around these days. For your dead girl friend. I heard a really nauseating rumour. Should I tell you or should I not?

Lee Yeon: Don’t mess with me.

Lee Rang: If you are curious , come out.

And he drives through the ice cream parlour.

Ji Ah arrives at the bus stop to go to Yeou Gogae. She sees a drunk man is struggling. Ji Ah tries to help the man and the bus leaves without her. As the bus pull awat, she sees Lee Yeon sitting in the bus.

Inside the bus, there is a girl who sees the people inside the bus, including Lee Yeon, from where she is sitting in the last seat. As they go through the tunnel , the lights go off inside.

On the other side , Ji Ah tries to piggyback the drunk man. She feels that the old man is trying to strangle her.

Inside the darkened bus, Lee Yeon stands up and faces the girl. He starts approaching her.

The man gets off Ji Ah’s back and says he’s paid her back tonight. Ji Ah flags down a taxi. The man she helped disappears. Next to a totem pole is a bottle of soju and a cup. The face on the totem looks like the man.

The bus had an accident and ji ah arrives to investigate. She finds out that it’s the same area where the accident had occurred years ago. Everyone is dead except the girl on the bus.

A bloodied Lee Yeon walks away in rain.

Vet Gu Shin Joo reads about the bus accident while Lee Yeon changes. Lee Yeon doesn’t want to talk about the accident. He says he’ll finish the job later.

Ji Ah asks the survivor what happened. She is so scared that she could not speak.

She gives her business card to the girl. Ji Ah asks about the man who was in the bus. The girl gets scared and tells her that he will come to kill her. Ji Ah asks the detective to put some guard in the hospital. The CCTV is also blank. Lee Yeon asks about the girl in the nurses station. Ji Ah overhears and they lock eyes.

YXLD6PQ.png

Conversation between Ji Ah and Lee Yeon –

Lee Yeon : Why is a producer looking for me?

Ji Ah in her mind : his voice…..no way. Outwardly, she says: Why do you think?

Lee Yeon : Something like street casting? But what should I do? I can’t even dance or sing. The only talent I have is my face.

Ji Ah : it is casting but not in that genre.

Lee Yeon: Then?

Ji Ah : Yeou Gogae.

Lee Yeon : Is it  a horror fiction?

Ji Ah : It's some sort of urban myth. For example , a passenger on bus no 1002 disappeared as if he had evaporated.

Lee Yeon : By the sounds of it , it will not be well made. Besides I am more of a romantic comedy type.

She shows him the mobile phone and asks: What about this? - There is a picture of his red umbrella.

Lee Yeon looks at it and says: Primary colors definitely photograph well.

Ji Ah : Whether it’s a coincidence or fate , I have seen you three times already. The first time, when a bride suddenly disappeared. The second time, on the 1002 bus. The third time, visiting the hospital where the accident victim is.

Lee Yeon : Let’s call it a fate. I am afraid I have a girl friend. Besides I am purer than I look.

nc37lQF.png

Ji Ah : Did you kill them? Or did you come to kill her?

Lee Yeon looks at her and tells her: I found someone I want to kill. Just now.

Jae Hwan waits outside the hospital and wonders what is taking Lee Yeon so long.

Lee Yeon : Usually when such nonsensical questions are asked, shouldn't you come prepared? Evidence, a witness or at least a police ID.

Ji Ah : You are right. I have been acting like an idiot , haven’t I? I apologize.

Lee Yeon: Forget an apology you don’t mean.

Ji Ah: You haven’t even touched your coffee. You should drink some.

Lee Yeon: I don’t accept things from strangers. It’s a terrible world.

Ji Ah: One more thing.

Lee Yeon: What else?

Ji Ah: What’s your name??

Lee Yeon: I won't give you my name. You can try to find out.

GSzGAjt.png

She throws her bag at him and tells him her business card is inside. He tosses it back and leaves. Ji Ah says she wants a fingerprint analyzed from her bag.

aYlcMOY.png

Lee Yeon tells Vet Gu Shin Joo to stop consulting for Ji Ah’s TV show.

In the hospital, the girl hears the footsteps. Someone pauses at the door. The girl screams when someone enters the room.

PlWV9MO.png

Ji Ah learns that while the detective was away for 5 minutes , the girl was attacked. At the request of the girl and considering the danger on her life , she brings the girl at her home.

At Ji Ah’s house , the girl looks through Ji Ah’s photograph and smiles.

ryzdlMJ.png

At the hospital , Lee Yeon finds out that the girl was discharged under Ji Ah’s care and that Ji Ah left a note for him. He leaves the place in hurry.

FoS4Asf.png

Ji Ah is startled when she wakes up and finds the girl standing there.  The girl claims that she remembered what happened on the bus. She tells Ji Ah that when it entered the tunnel, lights went out in the bus. She smiles. Her eyes turn into fox eyes. She kills everyone (that part she doesn’t tell Ji Ah). The girl claims the man with the red umbrella tried to kill her. We see that Lee Yeon did go after the girl and they fought. The girl drops a glass. As Ji Ah bends to the floor and cleans up the glass, she asks the girl why she got on that bus when her home is in the opposite direction. The girl mutters an excuse. Ji Ah points a large piece of glass at the girl and tells her not to lie.

nFEKWeK.png

The girl smiles. She asks Ji Ah when she figured it out. Ji Ah says that human have a survival sense. But the girl had no defensive wounds, therefore she was the attacker not the attacked. Ji Ah ask the girl who she is.

8TKSRs8.png

That girl shockingly transforms into Lee Rang. Ji Ah is shocked . She asks where the girl is. He says that he ate her. He stalks towards her. She stabs him. He laughs and removes it, then tosses it aside. Ji Ah tells him that she is using herself as a bait.

Lee Yeon bursts inside the apartment and the brothers both fight. In the end, Lee Rang gives him an ultimatum that he finds his mate in one month or this girl dies. Lee Yeon is taken aback.

zRhbXbB.png

5g7ME4y.png

Ji Ah rushes to Lee Yeon and asks what that was about. Lee Yeon looks at her with fox eyes. Ji Ah stares. He tells her to forget everything about him.

Next day, Lee Yeon arrives home and finds that the door to his patio is open. He sees the recording playing on a laptop.

VWi0iQP.png

He sees Ji Ah on the balcony.

d2wfaXc.png

He enters, and she asks whether he liked the video and she knows that his identity is fake. Ji Ah says that hypnotism does not work for her. Lee Yeon asks her what does she want?   

2bjPWtm.png

Ji Ah shows the flash drive with the video. She tells him to come and get it. Lee Yeon proceeds forward. Ji Ah lifts herself on the ledge, then falls back.

PNLly6x.png

Lee Yeon watches her fall and sighs.

CPl2b2M.png

He catches her and holds her with his arms as they are falling.

z7SBNVW.png

wK3tS2W.png

oHiguiT.png

Ji Ah says he is not a human, and Lee Yeon asks whether this is a test.

hfRPEEW.png

In 1999…Lee Yeon tells a young Ji Ah to forget everything she’s seen or he’ll kill her.

wELB2at.png

in 2020... Ji Ah tells Lee Yeon she’s been waiting for him. She stabs him with a syringe! Lee Yeon looks at her in surprise.

Ez2lpQI.png 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

I can finally return because I watched both episodes. 

Episode 1 was a very good intro to our characters and plot, nothing was predictable as I would have thought especially the beginning on how Ji Ah's parents disappeared/died (though no bodies=not dead in kdramaland). I personally like how each main character is sort of grey, they have their obvious faults, but we know they at least try. 

What I want to know is how Lee Yeon abandon Lee Rang or more so, how does Rang interpret him being abandoned because one event can be seen in different ways by different people. Obviously Rang wants some attention so he purposely acts out. My theory is just that when Yeon decided to abuse his powers, that's around the time Rang was born or was young since he's only 600 years old. When you're in a state of grief like that, you have tunnel vision & only see your hurt & pain. My question also is how did Ah Eum die? Were other foxes mad that Yeon was in love with a human & kill her not expecting him to react the way he did? He didn't get angry & kill a bunch of people, he literally gave her a fox bead hoping she'd be reincarnated later & remember? Anyways, the episode 2 cliffhanger really is something & as always, I'm confused. Though I like how they already keep us at the edge of our seats & wait for more. 

I'm gonna plug in my Twitter, follow me for my shenanigans 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

EPISODE 2 RECAP

Story goes to flashback , Lee Dong Wook in a red with white attire….

(Ashes of Love alert , anyone )

4NzP64F.png

LDW voiceover says – If I were to talk about this time , it was the time of my prime. I was the owner of the Baekdu mountain range , the god of the wind and rain. The mixed fox in the urban legend, that was a different class to begin with , a nine tailed  fox.

There comes a kid who pats him on his head, and he asks her whether she wants to die.

Spoiler

dtzf77Y.png

The girl says – That’s strange , the dog that lives with us likes it.

When he enquires whether he knows who he is , the girl replies smiling that she knows that he is a fox. She introduces herself as Ah Eum. And then again LDW voiceover says –

“if only I could go back to the past just once , I would go back to this moment without hesitation so that that child would not be able to find me.”

We gradually see more and more interaction between the fox and the child. Ah Eum comes with that signature red umbrella, and Lee Yeon asks her how could she not forget and come back every time?

AAmG7v0.png

The kid grows up and Jo Bo Ah (Ah Eum) is in ancient costume with the red umbrella in hand –

Spoiler

spkej7R.png

She gives him that red umbrella.

Then again LDW voiceover says – Some say it was a rare scandal in Baekdu. Saying that it was a god who gave his heart to a human. If it were now , it would have just been a passing story. I liked it somehow. I liked how the woman stayed in my forest.

NNZ8HAx.png

And the voiceover says – As you have speculated , this love story ended in tragedy. Someone stole her life. If she had crossed The Samdochen River (River Styx in Greek mythology) , I would never be able to see her again. I could not catch her but I could not bear to let her go. I decided to abuse my power.

Spoiler

PsBadCr.png

Spoiler

DCVWjLv.png

Spoiler

mT3E1F8.png

He turns the water into ice.

Spoiler

wvMPMRh.png

He meets Ah Eum one last time. He tells A Eum to be reincarnated. Lee Yeon promises to find her. He pushes his magic fox bead into her, kisses her.

Over the years Lee Yeon meets different women who looks like Ah Eum but none has the fox bead.

1999- Lee Yeon tests young Ji Ah for the bead but she does not have it. He sighs that she is not his Ah Eum. He compels her to forget what she has seen or else he would kill her.

2020- Ji Ah says that she is waiting for him. She stabs him with a syringe. Lee Yeon looks at her with surprise.

Lee Yeon says “Maybe I should have killed her then.”

(rest in spoiler)

Spoiler

Chapter 2 – I have been waiting for you

In 2020 Lee Yeon wakes up with a massive headache while Ji Ah stares at him.

KMyQZ6v.png

AcsEprA.png

He is very pissed off, and he warns that if her explanation does not satisfy him , she will have to give him one of her eyes because her eyes saw things that they should not have been seen. Ji Ah agrees.uJ5OQ1t.png

Lee Rang(Kim Bum) and Ki Yoo Ri (Kim Yong Ji) reach a funeral hall where Ki Yoo Ri pretends to be the executive of the Bus Company.

sW1gfPd.png

Ji Ah notices that Lee Yeon looks exactly as he had looked in 1999. With further conversation, she gets to know that he is a nine tailed fox ,and she tells him that she runs a TV show focused on those who live amongst humans but are not human. She asks what happened in 1999. He tells her that he followed the smell of blood and saved a little girl who was ungrateful now. He added that he saved her because she looked like someone(Ah Eun) but clearly he was mistaken. Ji Ah threatens to expose him by airing the recording of his fight with Lee Rang from the hidden cameras in her house on her show this week. Ji Ah admits she’s desperate for his help. Lee Yeon isn’t interested.

C34pzyT.png

He puts his hand over one of her eyes. She goes blind in the eye. She drops the flash drive with the recording in her tea. Ji Ah says he’s indebted to her now. She wants his help to find out what happened to her parents. Lee Yeon shakes his head.

Vet Gu Shin Joo (Hwang Hee) and Lee Yeon has a discussion. Vet is appalled to know that he was injected by Ji Ah.

9luuO3Z.png

Lee Yeon also tells him that her memory is not erased and that he has given her eye back considering that he should repay kindness with kindness since it shows the dignity of a fox. Shin Joo mutters that sometimes it is a curse as well. He asks whether Ji Ah bothers him. Lee Yeon says that over 1000 years he has met numerous women who look exactly like Ah Eum.

Ji Ah watches videos of herself and her parents. They had a happy family. She cries. Then suddenly she dreams that her parents rolls a skull to her from the TV and she wakes up with a jolt.

SCFQcvY.png

Ji Ah arrives at the studio. In the lobby she meets coworkers Jae Hwan and Sae Rom. Jae Hwan says he had a dream of Sae Rom weeping. Sae Rom worries about the dream she had. Ji Ah soothes Sae Rom.

Lee Yeon reaches the afterlife immigration office to have a talk with her.

4jjownj.png

Lee Yeon asks if Ah Eum was reincarnated. Granny asks why he wants to find her. Lee Yeon says he wants revenge. Lee Yeon presses her to reveal where Ah Eum is. He doesn’t care if Ah Eum is a girl or boy, just as long as she’s not too old so they have time to spend together. Granny warns him that finding Ah Eum could change his destiny. Lee Yeon doesn’t care. He asks her to resolve a civil case.

Lee Yeon texts Ji Ah for name and birthdates of her parents. He responds that he didn’t find anything good or bad. Ji Ah wants to meet. He suggests the Snail Bride Eatery.

Ji Ah arrives at Snail Bride Restaurant. Hostess tells her with a smile that she is the first guest whom Lee Yeon has brought.

Ji Ah : The birth information you have asked for before.

Lee Yeon : It's not registered.

Ji Ah : What does that mean?

Lee Yeon : Your parents are not deceased.

Ji Ah : They are alive? Where?

Lee Yeon : That much I don’t know. You should eat. You are buying.

RUVugVu.png

Lee Yeon : its not something to lose your appetite over.

Ji Ah : No thank you for everything.

Lee Yeon : Are you sure you are alright?

Ji Ah : Because I am going to find them. I did not know if they were alive or not. No one believed me.  I am sorry about the anesthetic , really.

Lee Yeon : You know how to apologize.

KKSPXlG.png

Ji Ah : Even when I look at it , it’s the truth. I won't ask you to understand.

Lee Yeon : No. I understand. I can.

Shin Joo examine a cute dog and tells his owner the dog ate the spicy leftovers and has an upset stomach.

tQjpIY0.png

Ji Ah : Not to bother you but –

Lee Yeon : Don’t ask bothersome questions then , especially private questions.

Ji Ah : Okay , I will change my question. There are other foxes beside you in this world , aren’t there? Don’t say no. Do they all look like human?

Lee Yeon : They are all over the city. Just like all of you. Worried about things like real estate and the current economic crisis.

Ji Ah : And Shin Don. Is it true that the Buddhist Monk of Goryeo was a fox?

Lee Yeon makes face.

Ji Ah : Oh my god. And the others?

Lee Yeon goes to the counter and asks for bill.

Ji Ah : Are there other creatures beside foxes?

Lee Yeon : Of course, and then those that people like you could not even imagine.

Sae Rom is stunned to get a phone call saying her mother is dead. As she cries at her desk, Jae Hwan remembers what he said in the lobby.

Lee Yeon : Here. Let’s separate here. It would be great if we didn’t see each other again.

YcpUT6m.png

Ji Ah : Why? “Your parents are alive somewhere” – is that it?

Lee Yeon : First of all, I don’t have that much free time. Second, we may be crossing paths but the world I live in and the world you live in are completely different.

Ji Ah : I know , I know , but -

Lee Yeon : There were people who were also on the lookout for secrets in this world. Most of them either went crazy or shortened their lives.

Ji Ah : It does not matter. I wont be a bother. Just don’t disappear on me.

QBu6zxY.png

Lee Yeon : Hey…

Jae Hwan calls Ji Ah about Sae Rom’s mother’s death. Ji Ah tells Lee Yeon both she and her coworker had bad dreams last night. Lee Yeon uses the term 'infectious nightmares.' He asks Ji Ah if she wants to visit his world.

Lee Yeon allows Ji Ah to accompany him as he disciplines a bulgasari that collects nightmares and a security guard at Ji Ah’s studio. The entity tells Lee Yeon that Lee Rang told him the studio was a good place to feed. The entity gets Ji Ah in a headlock. Lee Yeon points out she’s a liability. He dispatches the entity. Lee Yeon warns Ji Ah that his world will alter her forever.

The scene moves to Jangsan Cape off the coast of the Yellow Sea.

Y9rJ1EN.png

Fishermen find a skull with their fishing net. All the people in the boat decide to pay respect to the skull and suddenly they notice the tooth and wonders if it is Mr. Seo.

Ji Ah meets Detective Baek to get details about the skull. The skull is removed from the boat. A girl cries for her father. The police drive away with the skull. Lee Rang offers the girl a handkerchief.

Lee Yeon remembers Lee Rang’s statement that if Lee Yeon didn’t find it, Ji Ah would die by the end of the month. Lee Yeon tells the Bulgasari to give up Lee Rang’s whereabouts. The Bulgasari agrees to call Lee Rang. He tells Lee Rang things didn’t go as planned.

Scene moves to Lee Rang drinking alone seaside and Lee Yeon turning up.

Lee Yeon : You were drinking? Give me a shot, too.

Lee Rang : Was that you earlier? No wonder his voice sounded a bit awkward.

Lee Yeon : You have grown. You used to not eat anything fishy.

Lee Rang : Pretending to be relaxed like that. Considering you came all the way here this late. You must be in a hurry. I am right , right? That girl? She was born again. Is she dead or alive?

ojcfsD6.png

Lee Yeon : Alive. If you were planning to kill her , you would have brought the corpse. And as you love to make bets , you wouldn’t give  up an opportunity like this.

Lee Rang : But if there were to be a scratch on this precious event?

Lee Yeon : Don’t you dare lay a finger.

Lee Rang : And what if I do? Tell me. I am dying of excitement.

Lee Yeon : You. This is from a lack of affection. Why don’t you know? Is it your little brother complex?

Lee Rang : Shut up. Its all because of you.

Lee Yeon : Why is that?

Lee Rang : Because of one human girl , you abandoned the position of mountain god and turned against the mountain and-----

Lee Yeon : You are right. I abandoned you. Wasn’t that what you wanted to hear?

Lee Rang : Beat it. Get out of my sight right now.

Lee Yeon : Are you upset?

Lee Rang throws the table and holds Lee Yeon by collar.

yzcOS9b.png

Lee Rang : Your jokes end here. Your girlfriend is in my hands.

Lee Yeon : Such poor manners. Don’t stay out too late. Don’t drink too much or it will make your insides hurt.

Lee Rang : Crazy punk. Do you even know where she is? Should I tell you or not?

Lee Yeon : I don’t need it. You are here and the only place to have an accident was here.

Lee Rang gives an evil smile. Ji Ah is getting ready. She gets a call from her colleague whom she informs that she is going alone and asks him to take care of things, to write and call her as soon as the funeral time is confirmed.

On the boat, Ji Ah and Lee Yeon talk on their way to an island. Lee Yeon admits the entity might have only given him partial truth about her parents.  Lee Yeon warns Ji Ah this may not pan out. Ji Ah is determined to find out. Lee Yeon realizes that the island they are going to is where Ah Eum last was, and Ji Ah looks like Ah Eum. He can’t believe this is a coincidence. He wonders what is waiting for them on the island.

EoXjP6b.png

After they get off the boat , they meet the daughter of the dead person. Lee Yeon notices that the fishermen are noticing him and they are not happy about them being here. Ji Ah interviews the daughter and she learns that her father had gone missing in the storm and police think that his head was severed by propeller.

9NvAuFh.png

She also informs her that she missed her father’s last call which was a sweet voicemail for her. Lee Yeon comments that it was her who was supposed to die that day not her father.

The daughter offers Ji Ah and Lee Yeon a room in her house to stay the night. Ji Ah tells Lee Yeon this is her room and he can find another place to stay. Lee Yeon enters the room and declares they’ll share. Lee Yeon is dismayed there is no mint chip ice cream sold at the convenience store.

Ji Ah interviews two of the fisherman. They claim they were only neighbors. Ji Ah counters they were coworkers. The men demand payment. She refuses. They threaten her but her recording camera shuts them up and they leave.

Rgincxa.png

Lee Yeon tags along with Ji Ah while she investigates the case of the skull. She tries to talk to the other islanders who are aloof and are not ready to answer her questions. Lee Yeon suggests other ways to get the information. He says that it is not just humans who has eyes and ears.

They go inside a forest. Lee Yeon notices that the forest does not have any spirit. All the spirits have left because they were abandoned by the people. Lee Yeon sees that a girl is peeking through.

bWeq7qQ.png

ScpD5av.png

The girl comes out and pays her respect to the old owner of forest (Lee Yeon). Lee Yeon asks, since she is the spirit of the guardian tree , what kind of mishap happened here? The girl tells him that after the Korean War , an evil spirit arrived here and she did not have the power to leave this tree because she is tied here. After examinining the tree , Ji Ah cuts the rope that bounds her and sets her free.

Before leaving , the girl says that she has connections with this forest and asks her to go to the north side and her first answer would be there.

The skull man’s daughter attends a ceremony for her father with a shaman. The woman intones the dead man become a spirit and soul. The shaman continues the ceremony. The daughter cries for her father’s spirit. The shaman stops and yells that her father’s body returned to the island long before his skull.

At the north side of the island, Ji Ah and Lee Yeon are standing in front of the cave. Ji Ah has some vague memory of seeing the island earlier as well. She remembers a photo and says that her parents visited this island before her birth. She wonders why her parents visited this island.

9KNoDfm.png

epAs37X.png

Back on the island , Lee Yeon gets upset when Ji Ah says that her liver is not fatty. Lee Yeon tells her that he does not eat liver and she laughs. Lee Yeon remembers how Ah Eum used to laugh and tells Ji Ah not to laugh.

Lee Yeon notices Ji Ah is sleeping while sitting. He again tries to test Ji Ah for the fox bead but gets disappointed again. He remembers how Lee Yeon was warned by Granny not to try to find her and how Lee Rang warned him that he will kill her if he does not find the woman he loves.

EqWzHGE.png

Lee Yeon manages to win the village olders over and suggests that he will give more wild ginseng if they talk to Ji Ah. Then Ji Ah learns that prior to this incident , there were few more instances of skulls being found. Detective Baek finds out that the first skull was found in 1954.

Shin Joo tells the Snail Eatery owner that Lee Yeon went to the island to find the reincarnated love of his life. They both agree it is romantic. Shin Joo declares he’ll never give up his life for love like Lee Yeon did.

Ji Ah spies the freaked-out fisherman who found the skull. She wants to talk to him but he runs away into the forest. She follows him. He goes to hit Ji Ah after yelling at that she’s a spirit and must leave. Lee Yeon appears to block the blow. He wants to hit the man but Ji Ah yells at him to stop. The man runs away.

Lee Rang calls Yoo Ri and asks for a favor. He says the haunted house is now open. The two fisherman Ji Ah spoke with earlier appear to die.

Inside the forest , Lee Yeon puts some herb on Ji Ah’s skin. She complains that his hands are hot and a spider web appears on her skin.

tMA6N1J.png

Ji Ah grabs Lee Yeon’s throat.

TszfNkQ.png

But it isn’t Ji Ah. She gives a creepy smile and tells Lee Yeon it has been awhile. Lee Yeon asks who she is. The fake Ji Ah says she’s the one he’s been waiting for. She strokes his face and asks why he killed her.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

Thanks loads for the detailed and beautiful recaps @movingwheel

So cute ...BTS

Drama , Wookie , KB &  JBA getting good buzz

Spoiler

New stills from Source

Jo Bo-ah of "Gumiho" heralds the great and unexpected performance of the eating fairy.

103388008.1.jpg

Auto translation of article

Spoiler

Lee Dong-wook and Jo Bo-ah of "Kumi-Ho-Kyu" unveiled the scene of "Cup Ramen Mukbang."

The tvN series "Kumihoi," which first aired on Thursday, is a fantasy action romance drama between Gumiho, who settled in the city, and a producer chasing him.

In the last episode, Gumiho Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook) headed to an island full of questions to meet Lee Rang (Kim Bum), who predicted another plot over Ah-eum, which he has been looking for for for 600 years, and Nam Ji-ah (Cho Bo-ah) to cover a case similar to her mother's white hair in her dream.

The mystery was amplified when Lee Yeon and Nam Ji-ah, who were covering the island, confirmed Jangsan Cave, which appeared in the past photos of Nam Ji-ah's parents after meeting the spirit of the Dangsan Tree. Moreover, in the final ending scene, Nam Ji-ah's twist in strangling Lee Yeon with a cool smile, "Why did you kill me?" caused tension.

In this regard, Lee Dong-wook and Cho Bo-ah are drawing attention with their "complex beauty" moment, which intersects seriousness and absurdity. The scene is in which Lee Yeon, a male Gumiho, and Nam Ji-ah sit side by side in the yard of Seo's daughter Pyeong-hee's house, where they were found with white hair, to soothe their hunger with cup noodles. Lee Yeon and Nam Ji-ah's "Extreme and Extreme" mukbang creates cuteness, leaving behind a quiet background that combines densely stacked stone walls and green nature.

In particular, while Lee Yeon shows her unsatisfied face, Nam Ji-ah calmly listens to the story while eating ramen and smiles bravely.

Above all, Lee-yeon, who continues her serious conversation with a subtle melodramatic look, and Nam-ah, who stops using chopsticks and is puzzled, are creating a subtle atmosphere, raising curiosity about what Lee-yeon's killing remarks will surprise Nam.

Lee Dong-wook and Cho Bo-ah's "Mukbang of Complex Mimyo Cup Ramen" was filmed in May. Lee Dong-wook and Jo Bo-ah, excited by the shooting in a beautiful landscape combining clear skies and clean air, appeared with bright smiles, leading to a friendly atmosphere.

Jo Bo-ah played a great role as an eating fairy while eating cup noodles, and Lee Dong-wook fired up his passion and will for the scene by delivering a vivid "Myeonchigi ASMR" with a boom microphone next to him to show Lee- yeon's clear hide.

The production team said, "Lee Dong-wook and Cho Bo-ah continue to agonize fiercely to bring back the important reality even in the fantasy," and added, "Please watch this week's broadcast to see if Lee Yeon and Nam Ji-ah , who were on the mysterious island, will be able to find the truth of the island and how their relationship will change."

• Like 3

yay @MayanEcho let's watch together...I don't know enough of the folklore and would like to know some insights 

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Ep 2 ending was 🔥. I wonder who it really is, is it possessed Jo Boa, real Jo Boa or Kim Bum? 😆

I think the spirit possessed her...:shocked:

Definitely more spooky stuff to be expected based on this article

New spoiler article from popHerald - I just auto translated the things to look out for: 

"The Gumiho ' in 2020 is different no matter what!"
restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20201014

◆ Episode 3, 4 Watch Point 1. Mystery & Thrill Amplification Amplification:

The "Gumiho " worldview, a reinterpretation of traditional tales, is adding to the thrill by leaving various mysteries behind. In the last two episodes, Nam Ji-ah (Jo Bo-ah), who faced "Immortal Life," who lived on a nightmare through Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), had a nightmare in which a round object thrown by her mother became white hair, and actually performed it as a fish painting where white hair was found. Lee Yeon, who has been waiting for Ah-eum's reincarnation for 600 years, also left for Eohwa-do to prevent Lee Rang (Kim Beom) from plotting to lure Ah-eum. And the two have been searching for the truth on the questionable island of Eohwado, which has been dormant since 1954 from the newly discovered case of a white-bone head to the case of four unidentified women. Furthermore, at the end of the second episode, Nam Ji-ah was attacked by a sailor who found her white hair, and turned into a different person, giving Lee Yeon a twist in strangling her. Above all, Lee Yeon's overwhelming charisma, which broke through the dark rain that will appear in the third and fourth episodes, shows off the dignity of the former Baekdudaegan mountain god, heralding a different level of pursuit from humans, raising the "tracking index. "

◆ Episode 3, 4 Watch Point 2. Occult & Goosebumps

Gu Mi-ho, which features legendary figures that cannot be found in real life, is creating a chilling but thrilling interest with mysterious scenes that cannot be scientifically proven. In the second episode, which was recently aired, he also met the spirit of the Dangsan tree and created a strange atmosphere by showing the shaman performing a "spirited exorcism" on the beach. Moreover, speaking leisurely in the yard of Pyeong-hee's house, the daughter of the gray-haired Seo, she said, "This place has just opened. Behind Lee Rang's cool smile, "House of the Ghost!" the sailors who found the white hair died and collapsed. In addition, Nam Ji-ah's shocking scenes in the third and fourth episodes, which are desperately defending against the mysterious hands knocking on the door, will raise the suspense index to the fullest and raise tension.

◆ Episode 3, 4 Watch Point 3. <Melo & Emotional Amplification> ROMANCE!!!

In the last episode, Lee Yeon revealed the "Baekdu Daegan's Great Scandal," which turned her fate upside down. Lee Yeon saved Nam Ji-ah, who looked just like Ah-eum, from a mysterious accident 21 years ago, while waiting for the reincarnation of Ah-eum, who loved humans and died. And 21 years later, Lee Yeon, who met Nam Ji-ah again, wondered if Nam Ji-ah, who is remembering without her hypnosis, might not be the reincarnation of Ah-eum. However, Lee Yeon was disappointed when she did not have a fox bead after checking if Nam Ji-ah, who was asleep. Expectations are high that Lee Yeon and Nam Ji-ah, who believe they will be alive somewhere in a tit-for-tat, will overcome the crisis on the mysterious island and start a romance.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Merry_Shai said:

@abs-oluteM

I think you're right, it may be a spirit possessing her because she was fine up until she started chasing that man who claimed he was seeing ghosts. So something was chasing him & may have either infected her or took her place momentarily. 

True dat.  It had something to with the herbs he put on her wound . 

Kingkong released a new BTS 

• Like 1

BF.24078291.1.jpg

Some auto translations of the scenes above from https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2020101478714

Spoiler

From the first broadcast, Gumiho's brother Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), who has outstanding beauty and strong charisma, and another Gumiho's younger brother Lee Rang (Kim Bum) who has the brilliance of understanding people's psychology, captivated viewers with their different personalities . Lee Yeon, who is wary of her younger brother, and Lee Rang, who constantly provokes him, raised the tension in the play with a subtle "flying bromance." In particular, Lee-yeon made her younger brother angry by pinching him as a "brother complex" over the furrows that caused confusion with bait for the reincarnation of Ah-eum, which she was eagerly waiting for. "Yes," Lee-yeon said to Lee Rang, who complained about the status of the mountain god and the mountain because of only one woman. "I gave up on you,"

Among them, Lee Dong-wook and Kim Beom were seen engaged in a fierce "ramp of the Gumiho brothers." The scene in which Lee Yeon and Lee Rang's physical fight, which happened at a totally unexpected timing in the drama, reaches an extreme point. Lee Yeon, who showed a cool look as if she didn't want to express her complicated feelings, and Lee Rang, who is rushing at Lee Yeon with a mad look, will present a "de-human-class action" like the Gumiho brothers. The two men, who were wary of each other with overwhelming eyes, will cut the wind with super-dimensional power and sleek body movements, and will face a confrontation that will reverse the space.

However, with former mountain god Lee Yeon's high-quality action showing superiority, betting genius Lee Rang turns the mood with a cold smile. Questions are amplified inside Lee Rang's hidden mind about what would be the hidden card of Lee Rang that froze the connection.
The scene of Lee Dong-wook and Kim Beom's "Extreme Confrontation" was filmed in June. Lee Dong-wook and Kim Beom, who had to produce the colorful action scenes of the Gumiho brothers, started practicing with meticulous detail before shooting. The two showed off their fantastic chemistry, which was well matched just by eye contact, raising the atmosphere at the scene. In addition, despite the physical pressure due to the intense action, Lee Dong-wook led Kim Beom to encourage his emotional immersion, and Kim Bum completed the best scene by performing excellent action gestures in line with his brother's lead.

The production team said, "Lee Dong-wook and Kim Bum naturally express the complex feelings that take place between brothers as they have known each other for a long time," adding, "The super-dimensional action of the brothers Lee Yeon, Lee Rang and Gumiho will give a pleasant and amazing twist."

Pre-released clip...so she was definitely possesed @katakwasabi @Merry_Shai...she seems okay here now. She is asking him who he was looking for - lover , first love? 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

So I went digging around and on some of the Chinese site...they give evidence of why Jin A is indeed a reincarnation of Ah Reum

paraphrasing from this Source

1.  They both do this when afraid or scared

(Top photo was in a flashback when Lee Ran was trying to soothe her )

photo-5f867a77c0cb2.jpg photo-5f867a7711dc5.jpg

2. Only she dares to tease him 

The first sentence LY  said after waking up was: "Are you looking for death?"

Spoiler

photo-5f867a7a1d6b1.jpg

The first sentence when he woke up here after she sedated was also: "Are you looking for death?" Both are equally bold and not afraid of death

Spoiler

photo-5f867a7acfbc8.jpg

So why can't he detect the beads...the speculation is that someone with higher powers than LY may have hidden them ( or prevented him from detecting from detecting) . Could it be LR? But they say it is unlikely as he is likely of lower powers than LY, and if LR had discovered Ah Reum reincarnated , he would have killed her 1st.

So the speculation is the Hades lady he works for ( just found out her name is Taluipa , lol!) 

...she did tell him not to look for her , so she is aware of something and maybe wants to protect him. It is also possible some higher powers have prevented LY from detecting it

Spoiler

photo-5f867a7d56250.jpg

Any thoughts folks?

@Merry_Shai @movingwheel @ktcjdrama @OsmanthusTea @Darkarcana @kimberlyamor @mademoisellesia @Alice Wonderland @LaLa @bluepebbles @MayanEcho @katakwasabi

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

..she did tell him not to look for her , so she is aware of something and maybe wants to protect him. It is also possible some higher powers have prevented LY from detecting it

Logic-wise, if someone tells you not to look for somebody, that person knows that if you do, 1) something will happen to you; 2) something will happen to the person you're searching; 3) it will trigger cascade of events nobody wants to happen. 

I haven't started to see yet...is this drama scary scary? Hehehe.

• Haha 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Ep 3 spoiler videos

Ooo so that bit where Jin A was so called possessed was the work of LeeRang - think he put something in the herbs as I had thought. Big fight between brothers

No idea who the shaman woman is but she wanted JiAh dead. Set a ring of fire that prevent LY from going in. But LY had a flahsback of how Ah Reum died and he pretty much broke protocol , and used his powers to kill the lady. 

Preview ... ...oh my did LY get punished or something. I think so cause he killed a human to save JiA...And err those creepy young girls all around Ji Ah :shocked:

I think the higher ups purposely hid the fox bead Lee Yeon gave Ah Eum because they wanted to keep him around under what he calls "mandatory military conscription". He's good at what he does & if he were to find Ah Eum, he'd basically be done with his punishment of serving as a rogue fox hunter (or whatever they call it). The gods know Ji Ah is Ah Eum, but failed to tell Lee Yeon so he wouldn't keep looking or run into Ji Ah anymore. What the gods failed to realize is that IF Ah Eum is Ji Ah then they were meant to be regardless, which makes me feel like all the other times he saw the girl with the same face was in fact Ah Eum's reincarnation (unless the promise was that she'd only reincarnate once). 

• Insightful 1

Love the anime opening of this drama, perfectly complemented by its soundtrack - epic, otherworldly, beautiful...

• Heart Eyes 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros