Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

@liddi so happy to see you're watching this. Always a pleasure to read what you have to say.

---------------------

Drama continues to slay its competition - Spoiler recap from Naver

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article?nsID=1351293

Spoiler

The third episode of tvN's Wednesday-Thursday drama "Gumihoppong" (written by Han Woo-ri, directed by Kang Shin-hyo), which aired at 10:30 pm on the 14th, firmly maintained the throne of the Wednesday-Thursday drama by ranking first in three consecutive times with an average of 6 percent, a maximum of 6.9 percent, a national average of 5.6 percent, and a maximum of 6.2 percent. The ratings of 2049 for men and women, which is the target of tvN, took up 4.1 percent, 5.1 percent, 4.5 percent, and 4.9 percent on average in the Seoul metropolitan area and the nation, ranking first in the same time slot for all channels, including terrestrial broadcasting. (Based on paid platform integrated with cable, IPTV and satellite/provided by Nielsen Korea)

In the broadcast on this day, Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook) recorded events that took place 12 hours before he was strangled by Nam Ji-ah. Yi Yeon had a bad feeling of foreboding when she found the weapon in the Yongwangmu Shindo, which was hung in the people's houses of Eohwado Island. Lee-yeon, who asked Nam Ji-ah (Jo Bo-ah) to quickly get out of the fish painting, called the masked faction (Kim Jong-nan) and asked him about the weapons he had stopped breathing, and said, " Not one in a world where Ah-eum was reborn, I can't leave it with you."

To learn more about the strange Yongwangmujindo, Yi Yeon visited the captain who was on the same ship as the white-headed Seo, and threatened the captain with his former mountain god-like brilliant sword skills to find out the source of the Yongwangmujindo. Lee Yeon-yeon noticed that Yi Rang (Kim Bum) came to Eohwado Island when the captain said, "A pretty foreign bachelor had just bitten Pyeong-hee's house."

Then, Lee Yeon asked Nam Ji-ah, "I don't know because I'm an only child. The brothers didn't carry guns. It's like noir. He hates humans. In particular, he uttered a significant word, " a human being who looks like you." Lee Yeon, who said she was waiting for Lee Rang, confessed that her first love, Ah-eum, was a woman, and that she promised to reincarnate after she died while eating cup noodles with Nam Ji-ah.

After that, Nam Ji-ah, who suddenly changed and strangled Lee-yeon, said to Lee-yeon, "Yeah, you should have let me go. Our'bad relationship' should have ended. "If you hadn't caught a boat that was going over Samdocheon Stream." That's when he surprised Lee by showing his cool spite. Then Lee-yeon said, "No. She is born with a'mark' that only I can recognize. "You don't have it," Nam said, "you really don't know anything. Lee Yeon," he laughed and left questions. In addition, Nam Ji-ah, who came to her senses, appeared behind her, and she had a fierce physical fight with Lee Yeon, and warned her that Nam Ji-ah would be a sacrifice.

While searching for Nam Ji-ah, who ran away while fighting with Lee Rang, Lee Yeon asked the forest guides to guide her, saying she was the natural mountain god, and headed to the place where Nam Ji-ah was. However, Lee-yeon, who faced a crisis of being unable to go to Nam Ji-ah due to the moon-beating flowers that kept foxes away, eventually took advantage of the former mountain god's ability to control nature and removed the boundary line. In addition, Yi Yeon was caught up in a plot by Yi Rang and struck a thunderbolt over the head of a shaman who laid flowers for the moon, killing a human shaman, breaking the taboo. Nam Ji-ah asked Lee-yeon, who committed a taboo and saved her life, "Why do you keep helping her?" and Lee-yeon, like Ah-eum, was overwhelmed with strange feelings when she saw Nam Ji-ah, who said, "

And the next day, Lee Yeon and Nam Ji-ah were shocked to find that all the people in the fish painting had disappeared, as if they had evaporated except for Seo's daughter, Pyeong-hee. Moreover, at dawn, a baby was seen holding a baby wrapped in a blanket full of amulets, exploding tension and raising curiosity about the next episode.

Good reception from Knets 

all credit to: https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-tale-of-nine-tailed-episode-3.html

[Naver TV] 'Tale of the Nine Tailed' Episode 3 Reaction and Comment

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B9.43.03%2

1. [+99][-2] No but how can you eat someone else, I'm shuddering;;;; I thought it was the girl who had cursed them to be hungry and thirsty as her dead father but it was Lee Rang's doing, a plot twist 

2. [+80][-4] This scene made me shudder ㅠ

3. [+64[-1] I thought this scene made it more enticing... It's different from other fantasy romance dramas and I prefer it. I thought taking this route in the screenwriting would be better as it's about Gumiho, rather than something cliched... 

4. [+63][-2] Ugh, it was too gruesome.... I was suddenly hugging my sibling as I was watching this... ㅋㅋ

5. [+46][-3] Ah, it was too brutal, I was scared  

Mountain God's Class ★ Lee Dongwook saves Jo Boah from trouble by using his Mountain God power that can control nature! 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B9.36.02%2

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B9.24.36%2

1. [+272][-4] The CG edit of his tails coming out gave me goosebumps,,, Lee Yeon is so cool ah 

2. [+270][-2] The storyline is a bit confusing but the visuals are entertaining enough.. 

3. [+211][-3] When his eye colour changed, my heart skipped a beat ㅠㅠ Lee Yeon is the coolest when he uses his powers 👍❤️

4. [+189][-3] I'd only seen him with contact lenses but wow, when his tails came out, he was cool to the point where I was speechless. He killed her knowing that he was going to be punished for it and it really made me think,,, it's true love. But isn't it a fantasy action romance drama? There's only been a little bit of romance and instead, it's more been of a thriller-horror genre. Let's hold off on the romance part for a while and keep it as a fantasy action thriller drama until they start dating 

5. [+164][-1] No but his ability to control rain and wind is so cool, Lee Yeon is still cool even though he's drenched in rain 💦💦

Lee Dongwook's kind gesture of princess-like holding Jo Boah, who's a wreck (Heart pounding) 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B9.37.30%2

Screenshot%2B2020-10-14%2Bat%2B9.27.21%2

1. [+167][-3] No but why did you leave without closing the lid, please close it, just close it, why won't you close it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. [+104][-1] I was so entertained by his visuals throughout the episode ..??

3. [+84][-2] Ah seriously, Lee Dongwook is so f*cking handsome ♡ sexy as f*ck 

4. [+77][-2] When I saw him carry her, I had butterflies in my stomach 

5. [+65][-2] This drama is a visual feast but everything else is also perfect so it's so fun to watch 

• Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 10/14/2020 at 3:51 PM, abs-oluteM said:

So why can't he detect the beads...the speculation is that someone with higher powers than LY may have hidden them ( or prevented him from detecting from detecting) . Could it be LR? But they say it is unlikely as he is likely of lower powers than LY, and if LR had discovered Ah Reum reincarnated , he would have killed her 1st.

So the speculation is the Hades lady he works for ( just found out her name is Taluipa , lol!) 

...she did tell him not to look for her , so she is aware of something and maybe wants to protect him. It is also possible some higher powers have prevented LY from detecting it

Thanks for the theory. I am with LY who sense that JA must be the reincarnation. He can't detect the bead he gave but his heart can recognized well. I guess that explains the love story of the two. Lol

Agreed probably that haelmom lady. I never onow her name and not even try to find it yet. Lol such a peculiar name.

So my next question who possessed JA for short while and blabbering something about LY and AE's past. I am guessing that the past will try to repeat its history with JA. So from the very short and distorting scenes of AE death moment. LY is the one who killed her. And I think AE is deceiving him or she was possessed by some kind of demon. It's why LY tried to get rid of it but ended up killing AE in the process. Sounds more confusing and absurd. Hahaha. 

Btw ep 3 feels pretty long and too much boring fillers I think. The basically only have a less than half hour just to tell the backstory before JA got hurt in the woods. And it didnt even answer the question what's actually happened to her, that snake skin looking scar must be related to the missing feet dragon perhaps? Snake demon maybe? Hmm.. i just feel they want to prolong the episode but it ended up a bit boring compared to the first two eps. That kind of feeling. Well. Hope ep 4 feels much compelling. I need the excitement to keep me staying to my screen for full one hour more. 

And as usual LDW looks so handsome! Haha... can't take my eyes off him. Lol

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

And as usual LDW looks so handsome! Haha... can't take my eyes off him. Lol

ahahaha I concur...he suits this role so well. 

OST 2

Their agency is the best ...so many lovely stills here for

Kim Bum 

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29707996&memberNo=35839671

%EA%B9%80%EB%B2%94_(17).jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

%EA%B9%80%EB%B2%94_(35).jpg?type=w1200

%EA%B9%80%EB%B2%94_(72).JPG?type=w1200

Spoiler

%EA%B9%80%EB%B2%94_(55).JPG?type=w1200

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

And so many of Wookie that I cannot choose

kkk even his agency call him beautiful man :wow:

Spoiler

%EC%9D%B4%EB%8F%99%EC%9A%B1_(1).jpg?type

Think he could do a historical next

%EC%9D%B4%EB%8F%99%EC%9A%B1_(10).jpg?typ

All so nice

Spoiler

%EC%9D%B4%EB%8F%99%EC%9A%B1_(17).JPG?typ

%EC%9D%B4%EB%8F%99%EC%9A%B1_(63).jpg?typ\

So many here https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29702419&memberNo=35839671

• Heart Eyes 2

Last night’s episode cuts were spooky what with all these ghost children going after Ji A . And at the end of eps 3 , remember Lee Rang passed a baby bundle to some assistant , so that bundle is Imoogi - LY’s arch enemy whom LY had killed . Damn it was scary as I saw on one scene that the bundle opened his eye .:shocked2:

Anyhow from the videos we got the back story to why LR is so mad at LY. For some reason ( yet to watch the full eps) LY had to slash his younger bro 

Then we LY getting punished for killing the shaman lady  to save JA ( in eps 3) 

But this cut is very important . He knew JA was important & somehow managed to get out of Hades & save her . He’s heavily injured when he saved her from the fall . Then her tears became some sort of catalyst for him to send the beads :shocked:

• Like 1

After being totally drawn in by the characters and this universe last week, this week's episodes leave me conflicted. Don't get me wrong. For the most part, the narrative is strong, the pacing tight even if the flashback in Ep3 was rather confusing at first. More importantly, we begin to understand the reasons for Rang's resentment towards his brother, a backstory that while does not justify his actions, but at least allows us to empathise with him. The enormity of what he perceives as Yi Yeon's betrayal - first abandoning him and all the living creatures in the mountain for A Eum, then returning in the service of the afterlife judges for the sake of that same woman, to sentence his own brother to death - it is no wonder the depth of his love for his brother has twisted into a dogged obsession to make him and his lover suffer in kind. The banter between Yeon and Ji A continues to captivate, and she remains resourceful and spunky in the face of the dangers thrown her way - a refreshing change from many female leads - even if she does end up needing his protection in the face of more powerful enemies. Yeon's desperate struggle across the bridge in the Underworld of Knives, driven by his need to save her, leading up to the affirmation at the last scene of what we all have pretty much guessed, is also moving to watch. 

That being said, this week leaves me feeling a little flat despite the action being kicked into high gear. To be honest, I am not very convinced by the direction of the plot. While the premise is fantasy, we are suddenly seeing echoes of Sohn:The Guest intertwined with The Shining and The Omen, which does not seem to be a convincing combination for me so far, making me wonder if I am watching several different shows awkwardly mashed up into one. If my deductions are right, the same Imoogi that caused A Eum's death 600 years ago is plotting its rebirth. Perhaps Ji A's blood at the mouth of the well was instrumental in enabling it to rise up again and be reborn? Yet we have possessed villagers congregating by the ominous well and disappearing, a hoard of murderous child ghosts and the like, and an evil demonic infant thrown into the mix. Is the drama going for fantasy or horror? I cannot help but feel like I started off watching one show, and someone changed the film halfway.

Regardless, I am still very much invested, thanks to the vividly drawn characters and its premise. I am just afraid that with the romance now kicking in, Ji A would end up being a flailing damsel in distress, losing the spark that made her such an awesome character to begin with. Loving their sparkling early dynamics so much, I really do not want that chemistry to now be relegated to run of the mill longing gazes and tear-filled eyes. Rather, I am keeping my fingers crossed that all the elements that made this show so captivating for me in the first place will not be lost. As for the plot, despite my current knee-jerk reservations, I fervently hope that going forward, it will manage to convince me that all these elements somehow fit into a cohesive narrative. Please let it be so.

Edited by liddi
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

13 minutes ago, liddi said:

More importantly, we begin to understand the reasons for Rang's resentment towards his brother, a backstory that while does not justify his actions, but at least allows us to empathise with him. The enormity of what he perceives as Yi Yeon's betrayal - first abandoning him and all the living creatures in the mountain for A Eum, then returning in the service of the afterlife judges for the sake of that same woman, to sentence his own brother to death - it is no wonder the depth of his love for his brother has twisted into a dogged obsession to make him and his lover suffer in kind.

Watching 20 minutes into eps 4 and I had wanted to discuss this too. While Rang's action is in no way excusable, I wonder if Yeon is partly to blame for Rang becoming like that. It is clear to me that both brothers love each other .  This scene particularly tugged at my heart strings

x0BNhiy.pngrnf3xWS.png

But I do think that the ending for Rang would still be death - he has done too many bad things and will have to pay for the consequences.

@movingwheel @katakwasabi I am about to go into the spooky part...wish me luck. I was freaked out watching the Naver cuts at 1 am last night. :shocked: @Darkarcana I know you are busy with your HK dramas ...but the horror in eps 4 is your cup of tea. I was so freaked out.

@OsmanthusTea @ktcjdrama Wookie looks good in every sort of period 

%EC%9D%B4%EB%8F%99%EC%9A%B1_(64).jpg?typ\

Spoiler

%EC%9D%B4%EB%8F%99%EC%9A%B1_(66).jpg?typ

@os

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Some of the knetz comments are quite funny. Overall, I do think they love it

Source :https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-tale-of-nine-tailed-episode-4.html

[Naver TV] 'Tale of the Nine Tailed' Episode 4 Reaction and Comments

Teacher Jo Boah stroking Lee Dongwook, holding a bouquet of mugworts

1. [+212][-3] Today's episode is very pink...? Lee Dongwook's gaze is making my heart flutter 

2. [+191][-3] The BGM is insane, Sung-ballad (T/N: Sung Sikyung is a popular ballad singer) I'm crying 

3. [+172][-4] How long has it been since Sung Sikyung did a soundtrack ㅠㅠ The vibe changed immediately 

4. [+136][-2] A bouquet of mugworts ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+113][-1] The soundtrack is so sweet 

Jo Boah being chased by a ghost! Lee Dongwook crossing through knife mountain hell just to save her 

1. [+235][-3] Maybe it was only me who found this episode entertaining... The scene of teardrop and fox marble wasn't that bad of a shot and although the bridge crossing scene was long and there are many unsolved mysteries, it's only the fourth episode. People probably wanted lots of the mysteries to be solved as much as they can in one episode ㅜㅁㅜ If it was solved that quickly, the second half of the drama wouldn't be interesting and have no substance so I think this is the perfect plotline. I'm confident that if this continues, the remaining episodes will be more entertaining. 

2. [+170][-3] I know this is out of the blue, but if he crawled, he wouldn't be hit with the spear so he should've crawled from the first place ㅋ

3. [+140][-3] But if he crawls from the start, he looks a bit odd ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ If he suddenly fell to the ground and crawled,, that heartfelt emotional vibe wouldn't have been there,, 

4. [+129][-2] Lee Yeon..... Should've crawled away when he could've........ The arrow isn't coming ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+110][-2] Who knew the fox marble would be brought back to life by tearsㅠㅠ Today's episode was legendary 

[Marble ending] Lee Dongwook crossing through hell just to save Jo Boah! Finally the fox marble...?! 

1. [+480][-2] Who knew the fox marble would appear through tears ㅠㅠ The ending was shocking!! How am I supposed to wait until next week 

2. [+445][-2] Because he was holding his tears in by closing his ears, he couldn't see the marble ㅠㅠ

3. [+373][-3] Can someone knock me out and wake me up next Wednesday,, 

4. [+314][-4] Ha.. seriously episode 4 was legendary... Jiah is going to save Lee Yeon later on... I'm going to wait for this...

5. [+273][-1] It was so heart touching. I hope Lee Yeon finds Aheum and stays happy. If this life is just as painful as the past life, it would be shame and painful for both of them so I want them to be happy ㅠ.ㅠ

• Like 3

Finished the latest 2 episodes a while ago and episode 4 is a spooky fest. Never knew that a hoard of children can be that creepy. I am agreed with @liddi that The Baby gives me The Omen's vibes and the 2 little girls even though aren't a twin absolutely a tribute for The Shinning. 

The backstory of LR and LY is heart wrenching. I can't get enough of how good is KB as an actor. It's must be exhausted to keeps changing expression and mood in a flash like LeeRang. :HaunterOK: It's obvious that LR isn't totally bad, he is only throwing a tantrum over Hyung's treatments. I hope he won't be sentences to death, I hope there will be a way to redeem his sins maybe by helping Hyung to destroys The Omen Baby. LR's overplayed his hands in this baby case and he doesn't realised it yet. 

Wookie is smoking sizzling hot as The Fox. Even though I am not digging his Saeguk costumes.....:shocked2: But Wookie in a plain white button down and khaki chinos is a dead of me.....#Swoons

I think the Hades Committee hiding the facts of A Reum's reincarnation is to protect LY in a way. They are ill fated couple that won't have a happy ending and A Reum is LY's Achilles' heel. By sticking close to A Reum, it's a matter of time either A Reum will be dead in no time and sets off LY's protective and murderous instincts OR LY will be dead when the enemies use A Reum as a "weapon". 

I really want to see how will they give us the ending....

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
25 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I haven't watched ep 4 yet huhuhu. Is it spooky as ep 3? :letalQQ:

I find it creepier than Ep3.

• Haha 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

I think eps 4 last few minutes  was creepy @katakwasabi...just have a pillow with you. :shocked: but the rest of the episode is fine

Truth is I am not 100% feeling the chemistry for the romance, but I believe it enough because of the way Lee Dong Wook's Yeon looks so very wistfully at Ji Ah. Every time he looks at her and wonders about whether she is Ji A, I hoped it was as  I wanted him to be happy .[ Lol, does that make any sense :thinking:] . So I guess I was just happy he realised it was her.

Agree with @liddi' s post. The story telling does feel slightly all over the place. I do like the world building especially the scenes of the past but I am also taken aback that this suddenly felt a lot more like a horror story as oppose to more fantasy. Maybe I am too chicken. 

Anyway some other things I noted was the scene of the Russian fox - Yuri and LY's faithful assistant. I think there will be some love line there . She's going to be moved by the assistant being so kind & genuine to her.  Hmm perhaps some love triangle there with Lee Rang? 

@OsmanthusTea I am waiting for KingKong to release HD stills of Wookie in that white shirt :D @ktcjdrama...he's a bit too skinny here...but still this is Wookie...

My part time hobby is to look for his pics & gif these days :Uwu:

gif credit https://twitter.com/CherishDrama/status/1317057566015320064?s=20

img.gif

• Like 2

Finally watched episodes 3+4 and whew! what a whirlwind of emotions. Episode 3 was defintely slower than 4, but I appreciate the time they took with learning the backstory & set up for the ep 2 cliffhanger, it made things more clear (although I am still confused, but who isn't?). I love how determined Ji Ah is & she's not exactly dumb, she somehow puts some emotions above other things. For example, on the island when Lee Yeon AND her assistant both told her on separate occasions to leave and she was far too curious about her parents to do so. However, it's not exactly her fault she's basically been marked by the supernatural. 

I was wondering why Lee Yeon couldn't detect the fox bead he had given Ah Eum and maybe it's because the other incarnations never had the chance to express their feelings for him as their current self. He never gave any version a long enough chance since he assumed none of them were her, but with Ji Ah they kept crossing paths & he learned to like her for who she was at the moment rather than who she was (or may have been) in the past. I liked how he said "who she is doesn't matter anymore", he's in love with Ji Ah for her, not because she may have been Ah Eum. Although I liked how it was revealed she was, in fact, Ah Eum. She needed to WANT Lee Yeon from her heart, she's never exactly called out to him before this either. So they needed a true show of emotions to reveal who she was rather than it just be obvious to him who she was. 

Lee Rang is a sad story, he's pitiful, but still conscious of the havack he's wreaking. I feel bad for him because he truly loved his brother & did feel abandoned after Lee Yeon left the mountain due to his punishment after Ah Eum died, but his wanting attention by killing a bunch of people is where he did go too far. I know Lee Yeon missed that vital point on purpose, he never wanted to kill his brother & you could see the pain in his eyes when he read what Lee Rang did wrong. I don't have a good feeling about Lee Rang's ending, he's going to die & it'll be far too late for him to repent for what he's done. I just hope the brothers can reconcile before then.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

9 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

I was wondering why Lee Yeon couldn't detect the fox bead he had given Ah Eum and maybe it's because the other incarnations never had the chance to express their feelings for him as their current self. He never gave any version a long enough chance since he assumed none of them were her, but with Ji Ah they kept crossing paths & he learned to like her for who she was at the moment rather than who she was (or may have been) in the past. I liked how he said "who she is doesn't matter anymore", he's in love with Ji Ah for her, not because she may have been Ah Eum.

Completely agree with what you say here. I thought it especially important that he said that because the Hades lady already said that there's no guarantee that Ah Eum's reincarnation would actually be Ah Eum.

I found it interesting  that JiAh's tears was needed for LY to recognise her, and that it was her blood that also brought back LY's arch enemy Imoogi ( the baby bundle with the eye opening, freaked me out too !)

@OsmanthusTea Wookie in a white shirt

gif credit https://twitter.com/CherishDrama/status/1317009762932813824?s=20

img.gif

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

I quite enjoy this week's episodes (was worried last week's the story seems to be all over the place). We also have more backstory for the brothers (a lot like Hello Monster's setting) which is what we needed. Still need a bit more, I feel.

I'm not sure whether I've missed it but do we know what's the fox bead do? Does it form a protective shield (looks like it when it's activated) and protect Ji Ah/Ah Eum?

I really like the scene when Lee Yeon uses his foxy power and his tails appear. He's a firefox (pun intended, lol). I don't really have much to say and I think the ending would likely be Imoogi facing off with Yeon, and Rang might turn good near the end and save his brother by sacrificing himself.

EDIT

1dc1621301dfabe8da6d8aa4b96984923f659fe6

2f6740da48941ab00adf7332e5c996cc537aa909

Did anyone get 😍 (ogly eyes) like me for this scene at Yeon? Lol. I think it's the way his hair moves in the first gif. :laugh:

... and who wants to pet LDW too?

fdaef9c0a53a9e28c5fb334710faeaecce8433c8

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

'm not sure whether I've missed it but do we know what's the fox bead do? Does it form a protective shield (looks like it when it's activated) and protect Ji Ah/Ah Eum?

Chinese version of HuLiQing also mentioned about fox's bead. Fox's bead is a result of it's cultivation (it's a powerful thing) and in Chinese version when a HuLiQing gives up it's bead, it will be back to it's fox form, no longer a human. But Korean version seems to be different.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Completely agree with what you say here. I thought it especially important that he said that because the Hades lady already said that there's no guarantee that Ah Eum's reincarnation would actually be Ah Eum.

I found it interesting  that JiAh's tears was needed for LY to recognise her, and that it was her blood that also brought back LY's arch enemy Imoogi ( the baby bundle with the eye opening, freaked me out too !)

@OsmanthusTea Wookie in a white shirt

gif credit https://twitter.com/CherishDrama/status/1317009762932813824?s=20

Yes! In other dramas we've seen that when a person reincarnates, they no longer have those same memories & I think that's what the Hades grandma may have meant...even if Ah Eum comes back, she may not be the person he remembers. I feel like the tears is what was needed or some show of strong emotional attachment for Lee Yeon, in her case she continued to think of him & her heart cried out. I also find it interesting that he heard her & knew the red beans weren't in her pocket anymore, I wonder if that will be explained. 

Ji Ah/Ah Eum must be an interesting person then for her blood to be needed to wake up Imoogi. My guess is all those sacrifices were trying to find the right person's blood to wake him up. I wonder why everyone believes he died when Lee Yeon fought him? How did he live through that and who is this man who now has custody over a potential demon child?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1