A Hard Day (2014)

Runway Copy (2012)

Blind (2011)

DRAMAS

Spoiler

Record of Youth (2020)

Itaewon Class (2020 - cameo)

Encounter (2018-2019)

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds/ Love in the Moonlight (2016)

Reply 1988 (2015 - 2016)

Hello Monster/ I Remember You (2015)

The Producers (2015 - cameo)

Naeil’s Cantabile/ Tomorrow Cantabile (2014)

Wonderful Days (2014)

Wonderful Mama (2013)

Bridal Mask (2012 - cameo)

Drama Special “Still Picture” (2012)

twitter

PBG/Blossom Entertainment

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 4:14 AM, mademoisellesia said:

Park Bo Gum reported for army duty today, quietly.

It's so like him to go to the military with no fanfare at all. He's South Korea's most beloved man. He was literally the face of South Korea during the 2018 Olympics. He's caused hysteria by being spotted on a bus.

No one who has actually met him has anything bad to say about him. Comments all the time from just about everyone about how thoughtful and generous he is, and how he takes the time to really know who he is with all the time, even for an interview or a photo shoot. It's enough to make a person wonder if he's really human.

Anyway, he's off to the army, but his pre-produced drama, Record of Youth is just about to air next week!

Record Of Youth Netflix Release Date

Btw, I do rather love his look in the photos for this drama. Then again, I love all of his looks. Yet to find a styling of his that I didn't love. :heart:

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Bahaha @stroppyse you are definitely less picky than me in terms of his hairstyle 😝

There were still pictures of him from the enlistment day though, via the media. LOL. But not much to see since he's covered himself with a face mask.

I even like him in hairstyles that I don't like on guys usually. LOL

I think what it is, is that I'm rather charmed by him. I noticed him first as an actor who intrigued me because he always seemed so vulnerable and sincere in the role. I first noticed him playing the younger version of Lee Seo Jin's character in Wonderful Days, then felt my heart break for him in Naeil's Cantabile. But perhaps it was his role in Hello, Monster that may have really cemented my interest in him. And, then I had to go and watch his back filmography as well as avidly watching his subsequent works. (Oof, Coin Locker Girl. Hmm, maybe that's why I could never appreciate Kim Go Eun? LOL)

Anyway, as I'm watching his dramas, I start noticing that he's getting a lot more press, and it's hard to watch anything in Korean, be it news, variety, or just interviews where PBG's name didn't come up, and everyone is in love with him, too.

Then I went to SK for the 2018 Winter Olympics, and his visuals were literally everywhere! Forget the bears, I'm convinced that the official mascot for those Winter Games was Park Bo Gum. LOL

Anyway, I agree with you that some of his looks are better than others of his looks, but it's also true that I find him charming in all of those looks. :smile:

So, perhaps

• Haha 2

Hello Monster was my fave, he and Seo In Guk - aw man, fell in love with the bromance. It's the storyline as well, I love the presentation of the psychos in this story. Too bad it was underrated at the time. I thought it was a smart show. Not to mention the acting was really good from SIG, PBG, DO and CWY.

Nsp0BYj.jpg

I only watch cuts of Wonderful Days but after that I checked out all his projects. Hello Monster and Reply 88 were the top 2 for me. Although a really small role, but he stood out in Roaring Currents. I enjoyed that movie. Coin Locker Girl he played a small part too but his sunny side really shone and played a huge contrast to the darkness of the female lead's characters and story. The movie was not my cuppa, but it was memorable. Oh I forgot, I also saw him in two other movies - Blind and A Hard Day. Haha. I'm looking forward to Seobok with Gong Yoo. Fingers crossed it will be good!

True, he's become a mascot. Everybody loves him. How? It's not possible, he's human. Haha. I have doubts.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

credit: koreaboo.com

I had been assuming, along with everyone else that PBG's tweets had been sent out on his behalf by his agency. However, it seems that he had scheduled the tweets ahead of time to be sent out in conjunction with his drama Record of Youth. Good thing that they didn't change the scheduling on his drama. :D Here is the full story.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/mystery-park-bo-gum-twitter-posts/

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Oooo look at him throughout the ages

Article from South China Morning Post

K-drama’s Park Bo-gum before the fame: what did the dreamy Record of Youth and Reply 1988 actor look like before he became a star?

829733f6-0916-11eb-afc8-92e0da0ef1c3_ima

If you haven’t chosen your next drama to binge on, then take note of 

Record of Youth, the latest hit Korean series to trend internationally on Netflix

. It stars Park Bo-gum as Hye-jun, a model who wants – and is struggling – to make it as an actor. Coming from a poor family, Hye-jun has humble roots but has always had typically attractive looks.

Unlike Hye-jun, though, Bo-gum didn’t always look like a model. And being an actor wasn’t his first choice. Wondering what Park was like before he was famous? Let’s unearth some of his childhood photos and pre-debut history.

more here https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3105269/k-dramas-park-bo-gum-fame-what-did-dreamy-record-youth

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

[News] Gong Yoo, Park Bo-gum's 'Seobok' is road movie of secret agent, human clone

optimize

By Kwak Yeon-soo (The Korea Times)

The sci-fi action film "Seobok," featuring Gong Yoo and Park Bo-gum, is the story of a growing relationship between a former intelligence agent who is terminally ill and the world's first human clone who possesses the secret to eternal life.

It has been garnering much attention as one of the long-awaited projects of 2020 because the two heartthrob actors are starring together in a film for the first time.

In "Seobok," Ki-heon (Gong) is given one final mission to discreetly transport Seobok (Park) to a safe place, but they find themselves in a number of life-threatening situations as other forces seek to take possession of Seobok.

Returning to the big screen a year after "Kim Ji-young, Born in 1982," Gong said he was drawn to the script, which raises philosophical questions about the future of humanity and conveys the message that humans shouldn't be overly ambitious.

"Whenever I decide to join a project, I choose one that's either inspirational or thought-provoking. If I can feel that much thought has been put into the screenplay, I'm more attracted to it," Gong said during an online press conference, Tuesday.

Describing "Seobok" as a road movie of two characters, he said, "It'll be interesting to watch the little changes in the relationship, the tiny signs, sometimes unspoken, that both are learning something."

8dd1f6b2330545cab8f8326da2739d24.jpg

Park didn't attend the press conference as he is currently serving his military duty in the Navy.

On behalf of Park, director Lee Yong-ju explained that "Seobok" allows us to think about the dignity of humanity and the advancement of life science technologies. Lee is well-known for the award-winning romance drama "Architecture 101."

"Seobok's character is 10 years old, but he looks much older than that because the human clone ages faster than original human being. Although Seobok lives forever, his clock runs faster than real people's," Lee said.

Jo Woo-jin stars as Ki-heon's former boss Ahn at the intelligence agency. "Ahn appears as a villain in the film. I was a bit worried that my character would be similar to the roles I've played before, but I tried to avoid cliches and relied on Lee's directing," he said.

Jang Young-nam, who left a strong impression on audiences with her psychopathic role in tvN's "It's Okay Not to Be Okay" (2020), said it was challenging to play the mysterious scientist Se-eun who creates human clone Seobok.

"It was hard to play Se-eun because she's a secretive character whose information is kept under wraps. I was unable to express my thoughts or emotions freely," she said.

"Seobok" will hit local theaters in December.

• Like 2

I have not been doing a very good job with this shrine, despite my love for PBG. Fortunately, @mademoiselle is here to at least post his movie trailers. Which I've just been catching up on.

And, actually the movie Seo Bok looks good. So, Seo Bok, played by PBG, is a 10 year old clone who is immortal, and the scientists seem to want to harvest him for that immortality as a cure against human mortality. But with the innocence of a 10 year old who knows nothing about the world, paired with Gong Yu's Ki Hun who is a jaded secret agent.

This almost feels as if it's going to be like The Professional or Man on Fire where the jaded older guy with serious skills protects a younger, innocent charge. However, there is also some promise of more buddy/road movie type antics, especially since presumably Seo Bok will be preternaturally fast at learning so he won't be the innocent charge throughout the whole movie. I can totally see PBG in this role as he matures from total innocence to having a sense of self and possibly developing in a superhero kind of way. I just hope that neither Seo Bok or Ki Hun will be killed off in the movie. It would be nice if they both figured out how to live rather than having one or the other sacrifice himself.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release of this movie in December. Now, I just have to figure out if it's going to be released anywhere in my area, or whether I'm going to have to wait to stream it online like all the other movies released this year.

• Like 1