You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Same here! It's the hippocratic oath all doctors take when they are studying medicine. You can't ever discriminate your patients, you access them based off needs. I'm glad that Dr. Shao stuck to it with Kelei; however, I do understand the emotions they must have been feeling too -- your comrade has fallen in combat and the criminal's life is being saved first. What a hit that must have been. :cry:

exactly....however KeiLei hold on to it good and while he is angry with Dr. Shao decision, he accepted it...now it a wonder he is made a leader .... it is because he can still be level headed in times of crisis

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Mi Ka only wants to date her special ops guy from two years ago. Haha! So funny, that scene. I love that Chen Tao just willingly goes along with all of Kelei's requests too. 

When the girls thought that Chen Tao liked Mi Ka and then he tells Mi Ka that he doesn't even see her as a woman. :laugh:

giphy.gif

oooo our boy is all frustrated, he wanted to make the girl his....he is the times...i come i see i like i conquer ROFL....that is what @SnT taught me in 'TS & TB' hahahahahhaa

10 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I am here 

hahahaha....WELCOME!!!!!:pandalove:

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

@Olivia Kate - YAY!! Come back and let us know how you like it. :heart:

I love this series! Marathoned ep 1-12 and can't wait for 13.:1000::hearties: 

I pity SWB. He knows that YQX likes him but he pushed her away because he is afraid that she might not be the right one for him given her lifestyle and background. It's unfortunate because YQX is sincere and she even showed that on more than one occasion. I thought with LF around he will realise YQX's value but I think we need more episodes to see that. 

I'm kind of disappointed at MK. Goodness, XKL gave her many hints that he's into her especially at that dinner in ep 12. He didn't act as a friend but as a boyfriend and yet because she is into the special agent who helped during the robbery she blatantly disregarded his special treatments of her. I'm so annoyed because that is too much even in reality, you can subtly draw a line to someone's treatment towards you without making the other person look like a fool. My sympathy (and heart) goes to XKL and I just hope that he will not fall into the charm of that new female special agent. I really don't like her guts although I admire her skills.

Anyway, a lot can happen but what I'm looking forward to is the time when MK will learn that the special agent that she fell in love years ago is none other than XKL.:MewGiggle:

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, Olivia Kate said:

I'm kind of disappointed at MK. Goodness, XKL gave her many hints that he's into her especially at that dinner in ep 12. He didn't act as a friend but as a boyfriend and yet because she is into the special agent who helped during the robbery she blatantly disregarded his special treatments of her. I'm so annoyed because that is too much even in reality, you can subtly draw a line to someone's treatment towards you without making the other person look like a fool. My sympathy (and heart) goes to XKL and I just hope that he will not fall into the charm of that new female special agent. I really don't like her guts although I admire her skills.

actually Mika already realize or suspected that KeLei might be the agent she secretly harbor some feeling in episode 10 when she assist the special task force in the abducting case....

Mika definitely like KeLei from there too....she ran all the way to have dinner with him just to have the whole team mate in with them....i think they are this phase while there is hints and everything...things isnt said out openly....KeLei drop hints however he didnt outright said it just yet....

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Olivia Kate said:

I pity SWB. He knows that YQX likes him but he pushed her away because he is afraid that she might not be the right one for him given her lifestyle and background. It's unfortunate because YQX is sincere and she even showed that on more than one occasion. I thought with LF around he will realise YQX's value but I think we need more episodes to see that. 

Yeah, I agreed. Xiao Xia has shown that she genuinely likes him. I don't think anyone who's just having fun would go out of their way to do things for the other person. Xiao Xia has visited Wenbo at work on multiple occasions, she finds excuses to call him, brings him and his friends baked goods, she spends time with his mom, and she even ate something she was allergic to because she wanted to know what his favorite food tasted like. Why can't you see this, Wenbo?! :PikachuFacePalm:

Lu Feng will be challenging Wenbo, which may actually be good for him. I'm curious at what Lu Feng is going to do and how Xiao Xia is going to response to his advances. 

Nevertheless, here are some sweet moments of our second couple:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Moving on to our main couple, that last scene with them is still hard to watch again. It was emotional and awkward all at the same time. I agreed that Kelei has been giving Mi Ka lots of hints, but she's a bit oblivious to it. There are a lot of possibility as to why she has not picked up on it -- Kelei is the first guy to like her, she's too focused on work, she's still waiting on special ops guy from two years ago, etc. I was telling @NiteWalker and @Mouse that we have not got to the part where they both go on the rescue/medical mission. I hope that they are able to clear up their misunderstandings before they go but I have this strange feeling that they will probably separate without doing so. :nervous:

giphy.gif

By the way, is it me or does Xiao Xia's shoe looks...interesting?

Spoiler

5CbMf7V.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Lu Feng will be challenging Wenbo, which may actually be good for him. I'm curious at what Lu Feng is going to do and how Xiao Xia is going to response to his advances.

well lufeng had told wenbo if he is not interested then he will go after xiaoxia so I dunno how to feel about it....poor xiaoxia is heart broken 

I mean she is city girl however she doesn’t feel like a snob for me...she stay with her mother and she readily help Mika with all she can...and she does respect Mika decision for not accepting her help too...so I say xiaoxia is really a nice girl...

calling wenbo a wood is honestly fitting lol...

btw I think I tick a light in me too @Tofu, Mika has no experience with love...she has been too busy with her study...and all she ever has her experience in was her secret crush on the agent that save her 2 years ago

while for KeLei he too never been in a relationship before too...oh well I guess we are pushing two greenhorn together lols

btw I totally love the blind date session the sister set up hahaha...KeLei solemn face was thru out the date and his only interest was when the sister say let’s eat lols

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

Good progress for our Mika and Kelei ... I guess we can call them sort of official now lols

What episode?

I am up to eps 3 now. This drama is cheesy cute. A bit tropey but it is  fun and they do have chemistry. 

@Tofu's gif here reminds me of the famous scene in Mr Sunshine

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Just started watching ep 13 and...oh my gosh, Kelei should not be discussing things with Wenbo because Wenbo is just as clueless if not worse! Wenbo says there was something weird about dinner and then correctly surmises that it has something to do with Wenjing... and then proceeds to say how the guys behaved differently! I wanted to reach out and smack him at the back of his head if I could! :shocked:

I get that both Mi Ka and Kelei are inexperienced when it comes to love but man, it's so obvious that Kelei has feelings for her! Okay, if she isn't sure about it yet, she could have handled that situation at the restaurant better. Like I said, she could've chosen not to answer and just smile or she could've let Kelei shell the crab for her! The poor guy was embarrassed. 

Hi @Olivia Kate! Nice to have you obsessing over this just as much as the rest of us! I cannot get enough of this!

Okay, back to watching episode 13....

• Like 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

I mean she is city girl however she doesn’t feel like a snob for me

If this is Wenbo's logic, does that mean we're all snobs too? I think the last time I checked, all of us live in the cities. :laugh:

I feel like a lot happened in episodes 13 and 14 but at the same time, it seems like not much happened too. There were little movements in the romance department for both couples, but I actually enjoyed that. I liked that the focus was on saving all the people from the villages that were badly impacted by the earthquake. This also brought up the reality of both Mi Ka's and Kelei's professions. With Kelei, he has to be ready for anything at a moment's notice including really dangerous missions too. Mi Ka works long hours and the person she ends up with has to be considerate of that. 

I think the MVP for the episodes today was Dr. Chao. He went above and beyond to coordinate the needs for the doctors and nurses at the base so they can continue providing cares. I was wondering when they were going to explore the romance between him and Keyao, seems like it might happen soon. 

M7xyudt.png

By the way, if you want to see more arms from Bai Jingting :smug:

Spoiler

xHCs9gW.jpg

8OeQyBR.jpg

kIkfGdO.jpg

These photos were taken back in November when he attended a Vogue event. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

@Tofu yes, a lot happened in ep 13-14 but also felt like very little happened between Mi Ka and Kelei. These episodes highlighted the similarities in their careers in that they can both be called at any time. I think in a way it makes it enables them to be able to understand each other especially when they have to leave urgently. 

Thank goodness for Li Nian! It really helped Kelei understand why Mi Ka would have been uncomfortable during their dinner. And I literally squealed during their sweet phone call. For both of them to call their dinners a "date" basically means they both now understand that there are feelings involved. 

Even though they didn't talk much during these two episodes, the way they looked at each other spoke volumes. Really loved the way they gazed at each other in the midst of chaos and when Kelei mouthed "take care"... :wow:

You could really feel the concern they have for each other and the desire to be able to talk or spend time together. 

Now we have to wait a few days for new episodes :cry:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What episode?

I am up to eps 3 now. This drama is cheesy cute. A bit tropey but it is  fun and they do have chemistry. 

Early episodes 13 hehe 

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

@Tofu yes, a lot happened in ep 13-14 but also felt like very little happened between Mi Ka and Kelei. These episodes highlighted the similarities in their careers in that they can both be called at any time. I think in a way it makes it enables them to be able to understand each other especially when they have to leave urgently. 

Thank goodness for Li Nian! It really helped Kelei understand why Mi Ka would have been uncomfortable during their dinner. And I literally squealed during their sweet phone call. For both of them to call their dinners a "date" basically means they both now understand that there are feelings involved. 

Even though they didn't talk much during these two episodes, the way they looked at each other spoke volumes. Really loved the way they gazed at each other in the midst of chaos and when Kelei mouthed "take care"... :wow:

You could really feel the concern they have for each other and the desire to be able to talk or spend time together. 

Now we have to wait a few days for new episodes :cry:

Yes so for both to move forward they need to understand and not blaming each other for not being there when it happen...

Which is why Mika was fine for being stood up on dates and and even told Kelei it's fine if it happen again when kelei promise her that he won't stood her up again...

Despite their lack of interaction in between the two...they still have connections in between the two and how both mouth the word

'Keep safe' 

It felt that they are together

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I just can’t wait until they’re “together” together and for all the PDA! 

I have to say that it serves Wenbo right to be ignored by Xiao Xia after all he said to her. I hope that this will wake him up and finally go after her. 

I’m also eager to see how the romance between Dr. Shao and Keyao is going to develop. There doesn’t seem to by animosity between them and there is mutual respect. Just curious as to what happened in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@abs-oluteM - I see our constant in-your-face promotion might have worked. :smug: New episodes air on Thursday so you have four days to catch up. Haha! When are your other dramas ending? I do agreed that it's a bit tropey. In some ways, it's almost predictable, but for some reason I am oddly invested in it and all the characters. I'm even committed to not skipping the scenes with the second couple and I tend to do that with other dramas. Haha! 

4 hours ago, Mouse said:

Thank goodness for Li Nian!

Agreed! He saved their relationship. Haha! It's funny because he has been there to link them in some ways. Kelei discovered that he can be jealous because Mi Ka gave Li Nian foods. I think Li Nian was the person driving when Kelei made those multiple laps around the block just to see Mi Ka. Of course, Li Nian was the reason for the misunderstanding because he recommended the dinner activity together. 

I also loved that scene of both of them just looking at each other. There seems to be a mutual respect and I really enjoy that. I admire that both of them stay true to who they are. I think that'll help foster a deep connection and also understanding like both of you have said. 

I don't think it was until towards the end of episode 14 when I was thinking of what I can use to promote the drama that I realized we didn't have many scenes of them together. 

Spoiler

I felt bad when Kelei was called to the command center before they were able to check in with each other. I don't think they said anything to each other because there were other people around. I wonder if this scene from the trailer is going to happen now that they are at the site of the earthquake?

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

I have to say that it serves Wenbo right to be ignored by Xiao Xia after all he said to her. I hope that this will wake him up and finally go after her. 

Yes! Wenbo totally should have seen that coming but I don't know if he did. He's a little slow to catch on to things so I doubt it. Haha!!

giphy.gif

In some ways I want Xiao Xia to ignore Wenbo for a bit because I want him to experience how she probably felt when he would ignore her too. :laugh:

Based off Wenbo's expression in that scene of them and Yan Shan, I think Wenbo is starting to see Xiao Xia in a new light. She's not the snobby-only-cares-about-herself girl that he assumed she would be. 

giphy.gif

Sigh...we have to wait four days for new episodes. I guess, anyone want to join me at the River Where the Moon Rises thread on Mondays/Tuesdays while we wait? :smug: There's a new male lead who will appear in more scenes this week. Haha! I'm kidding. It's kind of political heavy so only watch if you're into those kind of stories. :eeeee:

Edit: I just remembered that all of you are at Sword/Brocade on Mondays-Wednesdays. Hahaha! 

• Haha 3

@Tofu I really hope that clip you posted is from ep 15-16. I think that's the scene where he shows her the keychain she gave him. She's holding it when she gives him that hug.. I really, really, really want them to just be together officially already!

And yes, I am going to be watching S&B Monday-Wednesday (with Mouse somewhere in there too). I am severely behind on S&B because I still can't find subbed versions of ep 25-30 which have already been available in raw for quite some time now. So while everyone watches ep 31-32 tomorrow, I am going to be waiting for subs (like always). :cry:

I'm happy to see that YAMH's ratings are good! That way more people will watch it and then more people will post clips on YT and IG where I lurk!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I'm happy to see that YAMH's ratings are good! That way more people will watch it and then more people will post clips on YT and IG where I lurk!

I like watching fan made videos sometimes because it combines all the popular clips of the couple in one video. I hope they do one for this drama. Haha!

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I am going to be waiting for subs (like always).

Sigh. The struggles of not understanding any of these Asian languages. :laugh:I'm not watching Rattan because only four or five subbed episodes come out every week and there's 30 or some episodes for the whole drama. :cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

I felt bad when Kelei was called to the command center before they were able to check in with each other. I don't think they said anything to each other because there were other people around. I wonder if this scene from the trailer is going to happen now that they are at the site of the earthquake?

giphy.gif

well the hair fit? maybe this is another site of the rescue....cause Dr. Shao is taking another team to a more remote area for help...i bet this is where it is?

i will definitely want to see them hugging each other than just glances exchange.....i miss seeing our Kelei and Mika together...

btw my mom is joining the boat in watching them and mom say Bai JingTing is really cute and handsome especially whenever he is in the full gear like what @Mouse said and i told my mom yes yes...he is so sworn worthy and mom laugh with me hahahahaha

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Sigh...we have to wait four days for new episodes. I guess, anyone want to join me at the River Where the Moon Rises thread on Mondays/Tuesdays while we wait? :smug: There's a new male lead who will appear in more scenes this week. Haha! I'm kidding. It's kind of political heavy so only watch if you're into those kind of stories. :eeeee:

Edit: I just remembered that all of you are at Sword/Brocade on Mondays-Wednesdays. Hahaha! 

my heart and now that my mom is watching at least i have someone to spazz about it at home with me lols hahahha

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mouse said:

I just can’t wait until they’re “together” together and for all the PDA! 

I’m also eager to see how the romance between Dr. Shao and Keyao is going to develop. There doesn’t seem to by animosity between them and there is mutual respect. Just curious as to what happened in the past. 

totally love how the 3 pairs is going about.....i mean KeLei and MiKa is already sort of 'official' together in my eyes since Mika had already promise yes they will go on the next 'date' lols...

Wenbo like you i say serve him right!!! not all city girls are a snob!!! @Tofu will slap him silly if she get the chance and add me in pls, cause im also sort of a city girl after all lols

giphy.gif

seems like Dr. Shao and KeYao use to be an item and i remember in the trailer there is a part where Dr.Shao told KeYao

"I will not let you go the 2nd times'

• Like 2

I think that hugging scene might be coming soon because it looks like they're in one of the medical tents they set up for the earthquake relief.  I think Kelei shows her the keychain she gifted him. But I wonder what leads up to it. Now it's going to feel like forever until we get the new episodes!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

my heart and now that my mom is watching at least i have someone to spazz about it at home with me lols hahahha

I've been trying to convince my best friend to watch it with me but she's too obsessed with Sword/Brocade right now. That's all she talks about with me. :laugh:

28 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

"I will not let you go the 2nd times'

Ahh, that's good to know. Does that mean he let her go the first time? I'm curious to how they separated. He came back to China while she stayed abroad, is that what happened? 

A part of me wants to see Keyao and Dr. Chao but a part of me doesn't because I want more screen time for the other two couples. Hahaha!!

Same, I think the hugging scene will come up soon too @Mouse! It seems like they are inside a tent so it could be during this earthquake or during the other mission the synopsis indicated. 

The video has some cute scenes of Wenbo and Xiao Xia too! I think we know they will be together at the end because of the wedding clips, but excited to see how they get there still. 

Why does Thursday seem so far away?! :cry:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

I've been trying to convince my best friend to watch it with me but she's too obsessed with Sword/Brocade right now. That's all she talks about with me. :laugh:

well my mom refuse to watch The Sword and the Brocade cause she cant stand harem show to be honest hahaha....

well you have us talking to you about 'Hero' at least hahahaha....

u cant ask for everything right lols hahahaha

28 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I think that hugging scene might be coming soon because it looks like they're in one of the medical tents they set up for the earthquake relief.  I think Kelei shows her the keychain she gifted him. But I wonder what leads up to it. Now it's going to feel like forever until we get the new episodes!

yes maybe at another site, somehow their path is always colliding with each other....infact there is once in the trailer where Mika asked KeLei, why are they always bumping into each other in such bizarre situation, and KeLei respond to her was because our occupation are special....because i'm a cop and you're a doctor.....

3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Ahh, that's good to know. Does that mean he let her go the first time? I'm curious to how they separated. He came back to China while she stayed abroad, is that what happened? 

no its more like KeYao let go of studying doctor for her family business, as it seems like her brother isnt interested to hold the realm of the company and there is only 2 of them...so either she or her brother had to take over....

cause i remember KeYao said to Dr. Shao at the mission site

"We are both on the same mission, just different sides, you're directly saving ppl, and i'm at the other side"

and maybe she didnt want to pull Dr. Shao out of his passion to hold the knife since she decided to let go and most probably her passion for holding the pen is more than the knife.....

• Insightful 1
10 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

well my mom refuse to watch The Sword and the Brocade cause she cant stand harem show to be honest

Actually my mom refuses to watch S&B too!! She just doesn’t want to watch the “historical/period” pieces because she says she can’t stand the politics and the constant fighting for power/family dominance. Lol

@NiteWalkerso was it Keyao that said “I won’t let you go a second time” or was it Dr. Shao? 

• Like 1