Falling Into Your Smile 你微笑时很美 [2021]

Lynne

My cousins who are younger by 18 yrs recommended this. They live in Canada but it doesn't stop them from flooding my inbox about Xu Kai. I told them to watch Ancient Love Poetry but they prefer this because according to them he's more aggressive here.:PikachuFacePalm: I was once at their phase and age so I understand.:SquirtleOK: 

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

at first i hesitate in watching....wondering whether am i able to get into the story at all....honestly...the story isnt too bad...it tell the tales of esport gamer...and what is it like to be an epsort gamer....

i didnt read the book and neither do i follow heavily on the esport in the circle....though Falling into Your Smile is facing heavy critism i have to say that the plots is pretty nice though....JianYang the ex is really eye sore to me...unfortunately his is pretty eye candy...lols...

imagine being the only girl with all those hunks....TongYao is suppose to shine and she did...and since this is a modern era drama i have to say that ChengXiao didnt do as badly as TongYao as i thought....

XuKai as LuSiCheng is marvelous, i really like him here and also this is the first times i watch him in any drama....its pretty good....the rapport in between the team and the small fight is very nicely display.....definitely love the game play....

i say if you're at loose what to watch i say this one is not a bad watch....

@Yana did u try this one? It’s not a bad watch

@Lynne episodes 17 & 18 today is pretty good…we see more what’s its means to be pro gamer and also what teamwork really mean in this games

@themarchioness did u pick this up? I remember u read the book as well? I’m loving how the story is progressing and I have to say that CX is slowly growing on me even I’m not totally in for her…I like the group atmosphere so far

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

@themarchioness did u pick this up? I remember u read the book as well? I’m loving how the story is progressing and I have to say that CX is slowly growing on me even I’m not totally in for her…I like the group atmosphere so far

Yup. I’m watching it slowly, tho, cuz I’m watching with a friend. Apart from the parental objections, the beginning so far has been pretty on point with the book. (As an example, the whole her going to go check out ZDXG before signing on and the shopping and the elevator scene were straight outta the book). 

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

17 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Yup. I’m watching it slowly, tho, cuz I’m watching with a friend. Apart from the parental objections, the beginning so far has been pretty on point with the book. (As an example, the whole her going to go check out ZDXG before signing on and the shopping and the elevator scene were straight outta the book). 

maybe I should read the book as I wait for the new episodes to be air lols

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

since u guys are watching it....does you guys feel any of the disrespect?

It’s not that the drama is disrespecting the book, it’s that the author of the book used real life people, events, game IDs, etc. and folded them into her story, as if they were her own original ideas/scenarios, and then denied that she was plagiarizing real life people/events — or so the allegations go (which do sound credible). For League of Legends fans this is unforgivable (understandably so) and therefore, by extension, they are against the drama adaptation as they feel it just perpetuates the plagiarism. 

I’ve only read the book, I don’t play or follow League of Legends, so I don’t feel the disrespect. But I can appreciate how for fans of the real game, this would be very upsetting and disrespectful to them. 

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

7 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

It’s not that the drama is disrespecting the book, it’s that the author of the book used real life people, events, game IDs, etc. and folded them into her story, as if they were her own original ideas/scenarios, and then denied that she was plagiarizing real life people/events — or so the allegations go (which do sound credible). For League of Legends fans this is unforgivable (understandably so) and therefore, by extension, they are against the drama adaptation as they feel it just perpetuates the plagiarism. 

I’ve only read the book, I don’t play or follow League of Legends, so I don’t feel the disrespect. But I can appreciate how for fans of the real game, this would be very upsetting and disrespectful to them. 

true...i never like the real ideas of adapting the real life figures into your stories unless you follow their path / plots in their life story...

you tends to upset either the figures themselves / the fans either way.....

@themarchioness @Lynne i decided to pick up the book and read....and im laughing at TongYao's mother reaction when someone contacted her to play professionally lols...

totally love the mother's reaction, especially the last part hahahahhaha.... :laugh: i believe if the position is switch and its my mother....my mom will be giving the same reaction hahahaha....

@Tofu @UnniSara have you guys read this book? u guys should try it...its pretty cute...well im enthrall by the very first chapter after all lols

Ebook EnglishTranslation Link

“.......”  After a long moment, her mother responded, “Give him your contact information.”

“Didn’t you say it’s a scam?”

“Would a scammer claim to pay someone 600,000 RMB?”

“Maybe he’s smarter and doesn’t over exaggerate.”

“Give him your phone number.  It couldn’t hurt.”

“...... Didn’t you say I need to finish school first?”

“Take leave, then after you’ve earned 600,000 RMB you can go back.”  Her mother deftly replied and waved her cleaver, “Just give him your number.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@NiteWalker, it’s a funny book. Lots of cute dialogue. But it also goes into the absolute weeds of League of Legends. So much detail! Like minute by minute game play. It’s a bit much.  Lol. That said most everything I know about MOBA style games is thanks to this book, so I have to give thanks to all those details. Haha.   Glad you’re enjoying the book, tho!

Soeaking of minute by minute game plays that’s actually one criticism I have against the drama. It’s not bad when they’re playing in a competition because there are commentators who are also narrating what’s going on for those of us watching at home. But when the team is practicing, the drama shows us those matches in detail too and it can be hard to follow as they don’t add as much narration. I still think GYH struck a better balance in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My Fanfics

29 minutes ago, Yana said:

May I know... What's the issue?? Disrespect in what way? Currently watching 4th ep... 

This article explains the objections that people had regarding the book, which continued to be perpetuated by the drama: https://dramapanda.com/2020/11/falling-into-your-smile-continues-to-be-dogged-by-talks-of-plagiarism-in-the-e-sports-world.html

This article explains the additional concerns people have based on the drama: https://notagamer.net/chinese-esports-tv-series-face-waves-of-criticism/

• Like 4

My Fanfics

actually i understand the esports fans concern....however looking from drama sides...i do not find it bad...

even as the painted a certain player bad in the drama, they does give a good chance for a defense for the other players from the same region too....

infact this drama itself addresses some of the issues esports gamer / fans faces in the real life too....

while the reflection of the characters might and had already upset the esports fans....they really should give the drama a chance....

• Like 2

sometimes 'sorry' wont help your case! I love how they handle the whole threatening letter and also how the anti that sent a gift with blade that causes TongYao's injuries making her missing out a round of the competition...

they have to think sometimes your action not only harm the person you targeted but also those around them!!!

as their guardian, pls do not take light of what your child did....u dont see the harm...however its already harming others and for goodness sake she is a REPEATED offender!!!

im so glad that Lu SiCheng took the stand that they will not go for normal dispute just so that the kid can have a clean slate on her record, she is 18 which is legally an adult, and she had been given enough chances to repent....

• Like 1
On 7/6/2021 at 12:20 AM, NiteWalker said:

@Tofu @UnniSara have you guys read this book? u guys should try it...its pretty cute...well im enthrall by the very first chapter after all lols

Haha, I haven't read the book yet but I'll add it to my list since I might pass on the drama. 

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Very late to the party but I've been meaning to watch this and just couldn't find the time. A few of the dramas I was watching finally ended so I was able to give this one a watch.

I wasn't sure how I felt about it after watching the first 2-3 episodes but I was hooked shortly after. Although I am not a fan of esports per se, I really appreciated how this drama portrayed the lives and challenges of those in the esports industry. I've seen other esports dramas such as Go Go Squid and Gank Your Heart but I felt that Falling Into Your Smile told the story a bit better. I thought the story was well-written and really love Xu Kai's lines as Lu Sicheng. I felt that his character was well-written and his character had depth and wisdom.

This is my first time seeing Xu Kai and was really impressed with him. I might go and check out his other dramas when I have some more time.

Cheng Xiao could have portrayed her character a bit better but I felt that she did well in at least portraying the innocence of Tong Yao considering that her character is young and new to the esports world.

The chemistry between Xu Kai and Cheng Xiao was quite good and really enjoyed all their scenes together. I was surprised at how forward Sicheng was after they finally started dating. I was like "woah! hold your horses buddy!" :GrimChamp: it seemed like he was always wanting to kiss and bed her (not that I'm complaining! I never complain about kisses and lots of affection!)

Overall, I really enjoyed this drama.

• Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngCurrently watching: Law Cafe, Love in Contract, Mr. Bad, Cheer Up!

On 8/12/2021 at 9:43 AM, Mouse said:

The chemistry between Xu Kai and Cheng Xiao was quite good and really enjoyed all their scenes together. I was surprised at how forward Sicheng was after they finally started dating. I was like "woah! hold your horses buddy!" :GrimChamp: it seemed like he was always wanting to kiss and bed her (not that I'm complaining! I never complain about kisses and lots of affection!)

hahaha u mean he always finding the excuse to get into her room...and also how he sit at the bk and kiss her while the whole bus was sleeping!! lols...

i always had a feeling that Lao K knew there is something going on in between the two of them from the start lols..

of the whole team....LaoK seems to have it the worst with his parents....sighhhhh i feel bad for him honestly.....

• 11 months later...