o5jvO5g.jpgDetails:
Chinese title: 你微笑时很美 
English title: Falling Into Your Smile
Genre: eSports, Romance, Youth 
Episodes: 31
Director: Qiu Zhong Wei
Airing Date: June 23rd, 2021
Network: Tencent, Youku

Screenwriters: Chang Jia (常佳), Qing Mei (青浼)

Adapted from the novel 你微笑时很美 by Qing Mei (青浼)

Main Leads:

Xu Kai as Lu Sicheng
Cheng Xiao as Tong Yao

Synopsis:
A female esports player will not be distracted by something as trivial as love as she strives to reach for he dreams. She is recruited to join a professional esports team where she meets the charming Lu Sicheng.

Tong Yao (Cheng Xiao) stepped into the esports world through her formidable skills that has allowed her to become the first female gamer in the history of e-sports gaming in China. She joins a team led by Lu Sicheng (Xu Kai). He is the handsome, wealthy and capable captain of a professional sports team with a bit of a sharp tongue.

Even as she faces discrimination due to her gender, Tong Yao overcomes the difficulties with the support of her new teammates in their bid to stand on the world stage to make up for a regretful loss six years ago.

Credit : chinesedrama.info

• Like 1

TrCuxdX.jpgMain Leads:

Xu Kai                          Cheng  Xiao

as Lu SiCheng            as Tong Yao

gjgdMam.jpg 6t6Ch7F.jpg

Other casts :

• Zhai Xiao Wen as Jian Yang
  • Yao Chi as Lu Yue
  • Zhou Yi Ran as Ai Jia
  • Wang Ruo Shan as Chen Lingyang
  • Merxat as Yu Ming
  • Ling Chao as Li Hengshuo
  • Gao Han as Lao K
  • Xiao Kai Zhong as Lao Mao
  • Wang Yi Jun as Jiao Huang
  • Qi Yan Di as Su Luo
  • Sun Kai as Xiao Pang
  • Cui Shao Yang as Xiao Rui
  • Gou Chen Hao Yu as Liang Sheng

Aside from Cheng Xiao who started as a kpop idol, many of the cast also started as out as idols with R1SE member Zhai Xiaowen and Yao Chi from the Chinese boy group survival show Youth with You.

Credit: Wiki d-addicts, Weibo, chinesedrama.info

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Lynne said:

I'm sure @themarchioness would approve.... :laugh:

I do, I really, really do. Haha!  

This is a fun book, even if it is incredibly long and still being translated (*stares sideways at you*), and hopefully it will be an equally fun drama!

• Haha 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

23 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I do, I really, really do. Haha!  

This is a fun book, even if it is incredibly long and still being translated (*stares sideways at you*), and hopefully it will be an equally fun drama!

HAHAHAHA... NOT FEELING GUILTY AT ALL!

The book is hilarious eventho after they get together the story seems to be very dry but never mind..... lets hope for a fun adaptation! 

:wow:

Btw, remember this scene? arghhh.......

• Like 1
1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Listen to her, not feeling the least bit guilty, tsk tsk! 

I know right?!?! And @Lynne knows I'm super impatient. Look at her forcing me to be patient because I actually like the story! 

Loving all the book adaptations that are coming out lately! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Lynne said:

actually this book helped me a lot in understanding the gaming mechanics in GYH.

I'm not surprised. This book really goes in depth with the strategies used in League of Legends which makes it easier for newbies to read. I thought at first all the technical parts of the book would bore people but glad to hear that it doesn't! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Phikyl said:

I'm not surprised. This book really goes in depth with the strategies used in League of Legends which makes it easier for newbies to read. I thought at first all the technical parts of the book would bore people but glad to hear that it doesn't! 

Not at all.  I started reading this one after GYH and wished I'd read it during as it would've helped so much when I was recapping the show, LOL.  I found both this book and The Most Majestic You helpful for my understanding of the gaming mechanics.  If anything I think the way it's explained in these books makes one appreciate computer games that much more.  It requires so much strategy and there's so much to learn and know in order to play it well.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

drama will always be faster if they havent translate the book as yet....

There is a site that’s been working on the translations for YEARS. It’s a long book and they break each chapter down into several posts, but they update regularly (four days a week). It’s an ongoing thing between @Lynne and me because she turned me onto the book and then I discovered it was only half translated. I thought it was done when I started because there were so many posts and it’d been worked on for so many years even when I started, but it wasn’t and I’ve been following it ever since… I think that was 2 years ago?! Anyway, I like to tease her by giving her a hard time about that, haha. This year the translators said the book was coming to an end, but even that was several months ago now when they said that. 

Like I mentioned it’s a looooong book. The book goes into painstaking detail about the games played. Honestly sometimes it’s a little too detailed but having said that, it’s thanks to this book that I have a really good understanding of MOBA style games even though I’ve never played one, haha! 

But yeah, that’s why I say the drama will prob still air before translations are done even though the translations have been worked on for YEARS at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

But yeah, that’s why I say the drama will prob still air before translations are done even though the translations have been worked on for YEARS at this point. 

hahahahahhahaha.... I started reading the book because of GYH.... and it helps to me to understand the drama better... LOLOL.. but even then.. I've already known the translation's existence for more than a year before i read it... hahahahah...  miss/mister translator is taking their sweet time in translating this.. but I'm still grateful! its a pretty cute and fun novel to read right???  ;) Our bickering couple and their pets (bought and stolen) are worth it!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lynne said:

I started reading the book because of GYH.... and it helps to me to understand the drama better... LOLOL.. but even then.. I've already known the translation's existence for more than a year before i read it... hahahahah...  miss/mister translator is taking their sweet time in translating this.. but I'm still grateful! its a pretty cute and fun novel to read right???  ;) Our bickering couple and their pets (bought and stolen) are worth it!

Definitely this book helped with GYH! I mean the drama made it clear JXK was a brilliant tactician but I think the explanations provided in Falling into Your Smile helps you to really understand all that goes into being a brilliant tactician. It’s quite impressive!! Reading this book also helped me learn all the gaming terms, which would’ve been helpful when I was doing the GYH summaries 😂

But yeah, Falling is really cute too. I hope the drama includes a lot of the cats!!  

I’m also looking forward to Xu Kai 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics