The Wolf 狼殿下 [2020]

I watched the first two episodes and found the relationship between the two leads really endearing. I love that she is trying to teach him about humans because he grew up with wolves -- to show him that not all humans are bad. I was glad that the merchants were nice to him even though he made a mistake (not one that he knew). I found it cute when Ma Zhai Xing was teaching him what "love" means by pointing at a mother/son where the son kissed the mother on the cheek. He ended up kissing her on the cheek later which took her by surprise. :laugh:

When the murder happened, I felt so bad watching the scene of them by the water. It was your typical noble idiocy for her to protect him by saying all those means things to get him to leave. He looked so hurt by her. :PiplupCry:

I love the innocence of Darren's character and how free-spirited Li Qin's character is. I read reviews that says despite all the things she is going to go through, she continues to stay this way. I hope so because so far I found Ma Zhai Xing to be very refreshing to watch. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the drama so far! 

• Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Soundtrack to this drama  enjoy 

A FMV  I love this music too. SO soothing 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Wow Episode 1-5 and it was awesome . I really love this drama and  wished it aired in my region for IQYI. 

It start off with a lonely girl meet wolf boy. Wolf boy teaches her about nature and his life. She tries to to teach him about human life. She also helped him protect his Wolf family but as you know humans are cruel and during that era any type of rumor being spread it pushes human to. W greedy. They would go to the forest to hunt wolves for money or remedy.

Wolfie only wanted to protect his family and so she helped spread  rumor about a Wolf Demon and concocted an incident to make it real. Then they closed off the forest. 
As we can this relationship is doomed due to their lives are completely different. I plan on rewatching some of the episode because the previous episode was watched with Google translation. the Emperor sworn brother visited 
Ma Zhai Xing ‘s Castellan Town. The moment he arrived he decided to insult the Town General and she stood up for her father. She made him proud and the servants proud but his son the coward and very stupid. Sworn brother true to manipulate MZX’s teacher and have him hunt a Wolf for his medicinal properties to cure him. 
The Doctor does kidnap the pup and Wolfie goes to rescue the pup and is caught by MZX’s father since someone screamed their guest was assassinated. But ironically he was killed by poison and MZX figured it out. Before solving it all the guard from The Generals home went on the hunt to find him. 

Ma Zhao Xing’s character so very fresh to see. She isn’t blinded by love but chose to pay attention to the facts. I agre @Tofu it is rare for such a character to suffer and not change. Thanks for letting us know she won’t change 

Will continue this later 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

It would seem there aren't many fans for Wang Talu All the videos I found was with Xiao Zhan. It kinda amazed me how fan can be so biased.  smh smh @Tofu

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Wolfie only wanted to protect his family and so she helped spread  rumor about a Wolf Demon and concocted an incident to make it real. Then they closed off the forest.

I thought this was very cute that she went out of her way to protect the Wolfie and his family. I loved their budding relationship, she really cared a lot about him and he about her. 

Episode 3-5 Thoughts 

A lot happened in these three episodes, more than I'd imagined. I thought that with 49 episodes, we might get some slower progression in story development but it happened quite quickly. I hope this means that later in the drama, we do not get other things dragged out for longer than they should be.

Wolfie was raised by The Emperor of Yang to be this ruthless fighting machine -- having him killed many people. I mean, our first glimpse of Wolfie as Prince Bo was him cutting the chain on someone to kill them! I hope that as he continues to be around Zhai Xing, his hatred towards humans will slowly change. 

Zhai Xing's lifeless acting, I thought was pretty spot on. When Prince Bo was trying to feed her water and she just sat there with no emotions and spilling the water out, I thought, "Wow, she's a goner". Haha! I'm relying on English subtitles, and noticed that they called her absent mindedness, "schizophrenia". I think she's far from having that, it's more like she's went through a state of confusion and had mental breakdown because her family was killed in front of her. 

I don't like that their reunion is starting off with a lie on who killed Zhai Xing's family. I feel like this is going to play a role in their future separation when she finds out. 

While watching this, they showed Zhai Xing with the copper bell many times or had clips of the copper bell ringing, but Prince Bo has yet to make any indications that he noticed she has it. I wonder why that is? Also, I hope that they go over some of the possible gruesome training that Wolfie went through to become Prince Bo. I know he hated humans, but he was a gentle beast regardless of that. 

3 hours ago, UnniSara said:

It would seem there aren't many fans for Wang Talk. All the videos I found was with Xiao Zhan. It kinda amazed me how fan can be so biased.  smh smh @Tofu

Wahh?! To be honest, I do not know anything about Xiao Zhan besides his scandal. I have never seen him in anything, but at the same time, I also stayed away from C-Dramas for a long time too. I really like Wang Talu and he doesn't really act in many dramas, so that's why I'm watching this. 

Here are some released photos of Wang Talu and Li Qin:

RQeuGaf.jpg

Spoiler

CRrp0k6.jpg

M6kJDsr.jpg

tMfcn3G.jpg

KH1sdIO.jpg

pc1QVE7.jpg

n0vuS9Z.jpg

FmQjRfX.jpg

fGIptDo.jpg

wQ1k6l3.jpg

Spoiler

5hoGT09.jpg

JVUtyaq.jpg

i0chMBt.jpg

And of course...haha!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Zhai Xing's lifeless acting, I thought was pretty spot on. When Prince Bo was trying to feed her water and she just sat there with no emotions and spilling the water out, I thought, "Wow, she's a goner". Haha! I'm relying on English subtitles, and noticed that they called her absent mindedness, "schizophrenia". I think she's far from having that, it's more like she's went through a state of confusion and had mental breakdown because her family was killed in front of her. 

@Tofu Actually the word they should have used was “Shocked state of mind ” meaning here  - -> https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/in-practice/201803/what-is-psychological-shock-and-5-tips-coping

meaning Did you see what broke her out of her shocked state. It was Wolfie’s Roar, it woke her up and reminded her there is someone out there she loves. Peppermint in her porridge made her feel a sense of security. That young master was way to stupid to think she actually like him.  I wonder what would have happened if she had gone to Jin Kingdom. I still think  she would still be waiting for wolfie. The king of Jin would have tried to get her married to his son and then it would have been harder for her be with The Wolf Lord. Right!!!

• Like 4

@NiteWalker @Tofu @Lynne 

Join us @SnT @gween97  @Kana  This drama is awesome 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2955ed6cd3cc769b57f1

Who is this in this gif below. Is that LiQin??

Spoiler

Wolfie / Wolf Lord 

Spoiler

She accepts the engagement 

Wolfie was like what!!!???

lol 

• Like 4

Check this out @Tofu @gween97 @

I am a bit sad that all the post and video for Thw Wolf only focuses on XiaoZhan. I am watching it for  Wang TaLu and Li Qin. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I am a bit sad that all the post and video for Thw Wolf only focuses on XiaoZhan. I am watching it for  Wang TaLu and Li Qin. 

Me too. XZ fandom has usurped WTL's prime time role. WTL is the main ML, actually. :PikaRIP: 

:hearties::duckhearts:Awesome OST album (though this isn't from the official source). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@UnniSara - Yeah, I agreed! She was in a state of shock so I don't know if the translation is off or there's no word for that in the Chinese language -- it can also be that there is no word for it in the English language so the translator used what they could to explain it. 

I agreed with you and @oppasaranghaeyo that I wish there more Wang Talu content. All I really find is Xiao Zhan, but at the same time I'm a little thankful for that too because it means more people are watching this drama through that. 

I'll just post the Wang Talu things I make for Twitter on here so we can have some content of him then. :laugh:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This moment where his face softens when Zhai Xing ran to hug him. I think shortly after his face turned cold again and he told her he was not the person she's looking for.

giphy.gif

Also, Li Qin's Weibo updated with some stills of her -- she is really pretty!

Ymh1jqY.jpg

Spoiler

gzjxPXC.jpg

rCRUyYj.jpg

UW9VnGh.jpg

• Like 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC2BEe1idPrbdctqA5vvfspacer.pngspacer.png

Dark & Light

I hope you don't mind my joining here.

I have been waiting for this drama for sometime and to me it's better than I had even hoped.  It captures a mixture of her innocence, sweetness and yet courage of giving of herself through acts of reaching out and kindness like bringing him light.  To him accepting and learning through the eyes of someone whose world consists of woods and wolves.  A type of warmth within that darkness he found yet it was as if she bridged those two worlds allowed him to cross over.   Opened his heart and mind in giving him friendship, the beauty of her human touch, sharing and so much more...

It also makes us think about misunderstandings and how to often we believe the worst instead of trusting in what we have always felt and known about someone.  Breathing in revenge so quickly and allowing that to control our hearts and minds. Taking us to a places and doing things we never should have done. 

I think this OTP has the right chemistry in showing us through their actions what lies within the heart even when you want to hide, reject and deny what lies within you.  Because no matter what darkness lies ahead or around them.  It's those memories of innocence in caring for one another it's all those firsts that are not easily forgotten and like a bell ringing within their hearts that can be heard no matter how dark the heart becomes or how silent they are...

Edited by USAFG
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, USAFG said:

I think this OTP has the right chemistry in showing us through their actions what lies within the heart even when you want to hide, reject and deny what lies within you.  Because no matter what darkness lies ahead or around them.  It's those memories of innocence in caring for one another it's all those firsts that are not easily forgotten and like a bell ringing within their hearts that can be heard no matter how dark the heart becomes or how silent they are...

Hi Chingu @USAFG Long time no see. I am so happy to see you here. I agree with what you wrote. I felt Lord Wolf is cold but his advice to the people who needs truth make me think other wise.  The little girl with the scar on her face, I admire his honesty with her and her father. To teach her to be weary of people because they can hurt her badly. I hope they take his advice to keep her safe.  His advice to MZX was more along the line to protect himself but also to keep her at a distance. Has anyone notice Wolfie’s reaction to when the whole Ma Military is now LOYAL to the Emperor for real. Even MZX trusts the Emperor whole heartedly. That smile on his face said it all “ ALL OF YOU HAD BEEN PLAYED”  , “ WOW”,  Amazed at the Emperor plans falling into play. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@USAFG - You put it into words so beautifully! It wasn't their similarities that brought them together but their differences. 

Prince Bo is actually quite a complex character and there are so many layers to him. He was raised by wolves so his tendencies are similar to one. The misconception is that he is always aggressive and violent, but that's not true. At the beginning, he would only get aggressive when he was protecting his family. Wolves, in general, are aggressive when they are protecting their family, coming across wolves not part of their pack, or trying to catch a prey. They also can develop deep emotional connection to each other and humans if they are raised by them. I think that's why Prince Bo and Zhai Xing had such a connection that no one could described. I think the aggression he developed during the time jump was due to his environment changing. Prince Bo had to learn to adapt to the human world and with The Emperor of Yang being his pack leader, he had no choice but to do what was asked even if that meant torturing and killing innocent people.

Prince Bo felt betrayed and abandoned by the one person he trusted, Zhai Xing. To make sure this never happens again, he vowed to make himself stronger, to not have to rely or trust anyone else again. I think that's a big part of why he told Hong Er (the inn keeper's daughter) that the world is always going to laugh and point at you because you're different, don't trust them so easily and focus on making yourself stronger than them.

Zhai Xing is Prince Bo's light but also his kryptonite too. Both Zhai Xing and Prince Bo have strong personalities and while they love each other, they will clash. For Zhai Xing, morals and values come before order, but for Prince Bo, it's the opposite.

I've watched (more like skimmed) through majority of the episodes but I won't speak too much of it because there are some parts I did not understand (will wait for the English subs). I will say that Wang Talu and Li Qin are doing a wonderful job as Prince Bo and Zhai Xing. Their acting just gets better as you get further along in the drama. Xiao Zhan is also not so bad himself too. 

I posted some things on my Twitter that I'll share here since they are videos and I have no idea where I can upload videos outside of Twitter without getting copyright flags. These two videos will take you further along in the drama (around episode 18-19) where Zhai Xing confirmed that Prince Bo is Lang Zai and the second video is of their reunion. Only watch the videos if you are ok with spoilers. Haha!

Spoiler

Lastly, The Wolf's Weibo added some new pictures. I do have to say, I'm loving all the photos they have been releasing. 

WyAP2z1.jpg

WydZLVV.jpg

Spoiler

InN809x.jpg

aSxW3HD.jpg

L1fhfUZ.jpg

j9XBdUW.jpg

wxDZeSz.jpg

TKFEfKa.jpg

c4ikhjH.jpg

Kind of random, but does anyone else feel like in some parts, Wang Talu's foundation is way too tan? I know he is supposed to have a tan complex because of his character but in some parts, I think it's a little overdone. I don't know if it's because he's really that tan, the makeup artist chose a strong shade, or if it's the coloring of the video. It just looks odd in some parts and good in others. Also, for a drama that was filmed three years ago, it is very visually pleasing. :wow:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

wait did i get it mix up?

i saw there is a wedding clip in between LiQin and XiaoZhan?

I saw that too chingu @NiteWalker  , I have only watched 6 episodes. Even with VPN, I am not able to watch the rest .  :cry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

wait did i get it mix up?

i saw there is a wedding clip in between LiQin and XiaoZhan?

Answering this in a spoiler tag so only read if you want to know. I'll cover this plus how the drama ends. Haha!

Spoiler

Yes, Zhai Xing and Ji Chong do get married towards the end (around ep40).

At this point, Zhai Xing and Bo Wang had so many understanding in their relationship and no way to clear it up any time soon. Bo Wang had a plan for himself, to stop the Emperor. He told Ji Chong to basically take care of Zhai Xing going forward. Something along the lines of he can only trust Zhai Xing with Ji Chong. It seems like Bo Wang was also sick. Not sure what he is sick with as I didn't catch that with my limited Chinese. Haha! 

Ji Chong was actually reluctant because he knows how much Zhai Xing loved Bo Wang. Zhai Xing was the one who convinced him that it was ok. 

They get married but Ji Chong just seems sad all the time because he ends up drinking alone a few times. I think this has something to do with the conversation he had with Bo Wang as well as knowing that Bo Wang truly loved Zhai Xing. Bo Wang was sacrificing their relationship because he wanted to protect Zhai Xing -- it's your typical noble idiocy. 

Anyway, around ep46, Ji Chong confess all the things Bo Wang told him to Zhai Xing. He tells her that he knows she still loves Bo Wang and that she needs to go back to him. Zhai Xing tried to refute this but Ji Chong basically sends her back to Bo Wang essentially. 

When Zhai Xing goes back to Bo Wang, he acted cold again but eventually let her in. We get some sweet couple moments again from the both of them before Zhai Xing dies at the end in a battle. Wang Talu's and Li Qin's chemistry is undeniably amazing but not all of their scenes together were sweet. I was happy we got some again before the drama ended. 

Warning: Only highlight the blackout text if you want to know how the drama ended. Remember this drama is about sacrifices, revenge, misunderstandings, and redemption -- not everything is serve on a silver platter. 

@UnniSara - This person posted the English subs release schedule for The Wolf on Viki. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Tofu 

Spoiler

I kinda figured Wolfie would die. I told you about the special training he went through would have major side effects. That emperor was pure evil. Evil , evil and I HATE HIM. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1