The Wolf 狼殿下 [2020]

51 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

okie thanks @Tofu this is really not my typical type of drama.....sigh sacrifice all the times sigh

Coming from And The Winner Is Love, this was much more satisfying. The female lead was actually more outspoken like it said she would be, unlike that drama that should never be named now. :laugh:

30 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

@Tofu 

Reveal hidden contents

More ending spoiler in the tag. 

Spoiler

I went back to rewatch the ending again. You see Zhai Xing die but not Lang Zai. In the voiceover by the fourth prince, he says that after Lang Zai left with Zhai Xing, you never saw both of them again. There is a myth that say wolves mate for life so it is suggested that both of them died. 

When you see Lang Zai standing with the butterfly flying, the fourth prince says that he hopes in another world, they are able to love and be with each other. 

I guess to sum it up, both of them were not able to freely love and be with each other in this lifetime. They both passed on and maybe will get reincarnated together so they can love without holding back. At least that's what I'm going to think because I invested my time in this. I would like a happy ending, please. LOL!!

@NiteWalker - Are you able to explain the censorship or maybe someone else is able to enlighten me on that? Lang Zai is supposed to be a cross between a human and a wolf, but you never see him take his wolf form in the drama. I read that due to censorship, they were not able to CGI him into one. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@NiteWalker - Are you able to explain the censorship or maybe someone else is able to enlighten me on that? Lang Zai is supposed to be a cross between a human and a wolf, but you never see him take his wolf form in the drama. I read that due to censorship, they were not able to CGI him into one. 

too many censorship, however if the xanxia is integrated with some of the China History, then they need to stick to some of the ground thing to avoid giving wrong impression or re-write the history of the China History....

unless it is purely XanXia....thats a different story then....

however nowaday they also have another rule where they were not able have too long a drama ... they need a shorter episodes where u are seeing alot of drama that were previously around 60 - 68 episodes were cut down alot....

• Thanks 3

@Tofu This is so romantic.  Thanks for the spoiler . :pandahappy:

I always considered they were mates. Remember she spent years pining over Wolfie. Refusing to marry someone else.  From the very first episode she told him “ YOU CAN NEVEE KISS ANYONE ELSE. JUST HER”

She had already accepted the Wolf ways, e way she petted him, the way they greeted each other forehead to forehead. 
Wolfie had the personality of being ALPHA among his pack. He ruled them and protected them. His Wolf mother was protective of him, because he was her cub. Her death broke my heart ,while  she was dying she tried to comfort him. He was in so much pain when she died. When all the wolves died , he was in pain . 
:pandasad:

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

14 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

too many censorship, however if the xanxia is integrated with some of the China History, then they need to stick to some of the ground thing to avoid giving wrong impression or re-write the history of the China History....

unless it is purely XanXia....thats a different story then....

however nowaday they also have another rule where they were not able have too long a drama ... they need a shorter episodes where u are seeing alot of drama that were previously around 60 - 68 episodes were cut down alot....

Ahh, I see! So if you're using Chinese history to tell the drama, you cannot distort/change it? 

Why do they want shorter dramas? I mean, I don't mind it because even 49 episodes for The Wolf was a lot for me. LOL! 

14 hours ago, UnniSara said:

He was in so much pain when she died. When all the wolves died , he was in pain . 

I think Lang Zai/Bo Wang only cried a few times (maybe just two times?) in the drama that I noticed. Even when he was separating from Zhai Xing because of noble idiocy,  I don't think he cried. One of the Night Walkers does end up getting killed towards the end and he cried when he reflect back on their friendship.

• Like 2

I really should be posting these in chronological order but I'm creating them based off scenes that I've enjoyed (sometimes aesthetically more than anything. Haha!). These are from the second half of episode 48. 

7sme49E.png

Spoiler

pL1aLjL.png

tJDJTmD.png

FJcAoZ1.png

iQyl8k0.png

VKeuI0I.png

TqWtJDE.png

ugsBNtD.png

mLdyQLI.png

Si7dI9e.png

K9r9jus.png

OiJ8jga.png

2M92uQD.png

HmUh4ET.png

8uQ8HxL.png

wfgnaT3.png

The last kiss scene in the drama. :wow:

Spoiler

@NiteWalker and @UnniSara - Going back to the marriage, I thought I would share the following, haha!

This is Zhai Xing and Ji Chong.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

While they were doing that, Lang Zai was doing this. Haha!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Ahh, I see! So if you're using Chinese history to tell the drama, you cannot distort/change it? 

exactly....they are not suppose to distort or change the course of history...

which is why they ban transmigration or times travelling as they say this gave the wrong impression that history can be re-write...

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

Why do they want shorter dramas? I mean, I don't mind it because even 49 episodes for The Wolf was a lot for me. LOL! 

well probably too many pending project pending for airing hahahaha 

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

The last kiss scene in the drama. :wow:

hahaha...yea i saw this one hahaha...in ur twitter lols...i guess you are camp LangZai?

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

While they were doing that, Lang Zai was doing this. Haha!

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....poor guy

• Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbQ3ivSuq3HETbEirqU1uspacer.png

What I find interesting is there is so much more to this drama than romance for the characters that surround the OTP are amazing to me.  They are so rich and different and have their own unique feel to them.  I love the loyalty and friendship that is shared and shown in these first episodes.  Not just that, but a sense of understanding and knowing how they feel through their actions and expressions.  The above character allows me to laugh when I least expect it and everyone could use an amazing friend like her who is selfless and protective too...

spacer.png

I haven't done a lot of research on this drama and only really know what I have read here and watched as far as episode 10.  It would seem a triangle is in the future or is it really?  Without knowing how it happens or when I find it hard to believe that this OTP could really surrender their love totally to a third person.  Or is it protecting, sacrificing, denying and loving the other person more than yourself and surrendering ones happiness not for their sake, but  in truth for yours...

What courage  and selflessness it would take to love someone so much that in protecting them.  You willingly would be able to give up on all that you want and would ever need.   To walk away and give that up, even harder to have to face it and hold all that inside.   All that built up passion and love living within you.  With no place to release it an no place for you to hide.

No wonder this drama speaks to my heart...

Edited by USAFG
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
9 hours ago, USAFG said:

It would seem a triangle is in the future or is it really?  Without knowing how it happens or when I find it hard to believe that this OTP could really surrender their love totally to a third person.  Or is it protecting, sacrificing, denying and loving the other person more than yourself and surrendering ones happiness not for their sake, but  in truth for yours...

Ji Chong (Xiao Zhan) appears in episode 11 and onward. The love triangle does become a reality and most of it is due to guilt and wanting the best for the other person. The other reason (only look if you want to be spoiled) is

Spoiler

LangZai/BoWang is dying and only has a few months left to live. 

9 hours ago, USAFG said:

What courage  and selflessness it would take to love someone so much that in protecting them.  You willingly would be able to give up on all that you want and would ever need.   To walk away and give that up, even harder to have to face it and hold all that inside.   All that built up passion and love living within you.  With no place to release it an no place for you to hide.

No wonder this drama speaks to my heart...

I agreed, it's hard not to empathize with LangZai/BoWang and Zhai Xing. Both of them waited for each other for so long and to walk away from that because they do not want the other person to suffer takes really courage and selflessness like you said. 

I'm on episode 9 now with subtitles (the rest of the drama I watched without subtitles -- haha!). I'm glad that the fast pacing continues a bit and LangZai/BoWang finds out that Zhai Xing never tried to hurt him when they were younger. The lies that she told him about never wanting to see him were all done because she knew people were after him. The scenes to follow of both of them flirting were really cute. It's nice to see Bo Wang loose that cold exterior and humanize. 

Photos from episode 38 when LangZai/BoWang and Ji Chong were having a heart-to-heart conversation about Zhai Xing. LangZai/BoWang basically tells Ji Chong that he is the only person that he would ever trust Zhai Xing to. I didn't screenshot any of the long shots because I thought the emotions both actors emoted were more memorizing. 

Spoiler

BreFddK.png

C8x4iB7.png

koyGO0l.png

aZdLYp9.png

JbfbofU.png

hy6Bu7v.png

pzpShTe.png

LxaX8xl.png

jGhl9EK.png

I tried to embed just the video, but Twitter won't let me do that so you get everything plus the video. The video is a clip of their conversation. 

18 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

exactly....they are not suppose to distort or change the course of history...

which is why they ban transmigration or times travelling as they say this gave the wrong impression that history can be re-write...

well probably too many pending project pending for airing hahahaha 

Wahh?! You can't have time traveling dramas for that reason too? Wow, you really can't have anything. 

I guess that makes sense because lots of pending projects means not enough TV time to air all of them. I mean, The Wolf took three years, I can't imagined how long some of the other projects are still in post-production. 

18 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

hahaha...yea i saw this one hahaha...in ur twitter lols...i guess you are camp LangZai?

My twitter has been taken over by The Wolf. Haha! I actually was wanting to post the ending scene on twitter but I fear people would kill me if I did. Haha! Maybe I'll post it here in spoiler tags. And to answer your question, I am a bit Wang Talu bias so I do prefer LangZai/BoWang over Ji Chong. However, half way through the drama, I just want all of them to beat their demons and stop suffering as well as stop hurting each other.  I have a lot more screenshots and gifs to post but I'm trying not to post so many of them at once. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Wahh?! You can't have time traveling dramas for that reason too? Wow, you really can't have anything.

a bit.....which is why you can see alot of the drama dont emphasize on that concept though they usually surrounded around that concept....

10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I guess that makes sense because lots of pending projects means not enough TV time to air all of them. I mean, The Wolf took three years, I can't imagined how long some of the other projects are still in post-production. 

well....they usually able to push those project or pending drama out in one single days....just that it will depends on how the viewer wanted to watch it....and with so many on the slots....i guess its a nutshell to try to jam everything into a day....

11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

And to answer your question, I am a bit Wang Talu bias so I do prefer LangZai/BoWang over Ji Chong. However, half way through the drama, I just want all of them to beat their demons and stop suffering as well as stop hurting each other.  I have a lot more screenshots and gifs to post but I'm trying not to post so many of them at once. :laugh:

ahhh.....i guess Wang TaLu does give a good impression as a LangZai from those clips i watch and their rapport is good....

infact they are all doing what they think best for each other and not for themselve at all......its is not easy to have that kind of thoughts for each other....ppl are usually born selfish...

your poor twitter lols

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
21 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

a bit.....which is why you can see alot of the drama dont emphasize on that concept though they usually surrounded around that concept....

Wow, that just seems a bit much to me, but I understand...I think? Haha!

well....they usually able to push those project or pending drama out in one single days....just that it will depends on how the viewer wanted to watch it....and with so many on the slots....i guess its a nutshell to try to jam everything into a day....

I follow a few Chinese drama twitter accounts and they tweet out photos of new dramas constantly. I can't wrap my head around it at all -- how do you know which one is good and which one isn't?!

ahhh.....i guess Wang TaLu does give a good impression as a LangZai from those clips i watch and their rapport is good....

infact they are all doing what they think best for each other and not for themselve at all......its is not easy to have that kind of thoughts for each other....ppl are usually born selfish...

your poor twitter lols

Yeah! Wang Talu did well as LangZai/BoWang. The dubbing of his voice is what throws off the drama a bit for me, but nevertheless, he did a fine job acting. The acting actually get better from all the leads as you progress through the drama. At the beginning it was just a little off for me. Haha! Agreed that people are ingrained to be selfish at an early stage of their life. I'm going to try to post photos in this thread to match the episodes that have English subtitles. It'll probably make the thread a little easier to follow. On my twitter, it will continue to be all over the place though so people shouldn't follow me if they don't want to be spoiled. :laugh:

BTS of one of the scenes in either episode 8 or 9?

More stills...

jjgXTae.jpg

z0rHlFf.jpg

Spoiler

K4ugp7M.jpg

WZTKXmA.jpg

7WekFq7.jpg

WyoAck5.jpg

hqWSvRB.jpg

fG1DQek.jpg

6e8PHFA.jpg

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I follow a few Chinese drama twitter accounts and they tweet out photos of new dramas constantly. I can't wrap my head around it at all -- how do you know which one is good and which one isn't?!

u mean me? some drama from all those pictures it will really depend if the visual are able to pull me in, if not i usually posted those just to join the hype hahaha 

some i dont really watch i just catches their clips on those things they release as some of the parts is really interesting....

• Like 2
19 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

u mean me? some drama from all those pictures it will really depend if the visual are able to pull me in, if not i usually posted those just to join the hype hahaha 

some i dont really watch i just catches their clips on those things they release as some of the parts is really interesting....

But there are sooooooooooooo many clips. Haha! I don't want to feel cheated by starting a drama series and find out halfway through that the storyline is not good. I am forever scarred by And The Winner Is Love!:shocked2: I'll just wait for everyone's reviews here.:laugh: I don't know many Chinese actors/actresses and if I do know of any, their projects are usually the ones I follow-- Like Deng Lun and Dilraba Dilmurat. I know a lot of Taiwanese actors/actresses (hence why I knew Wang Talu) but I think it's because the collection of Taiwanese dramas that come out is much smaller compared to Chinese dramas so it's easier for me to follow and remember their names better. Haha! 

15 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

this one look more natural of LangZai @Tofu one of the main reason i couldnt find real enjoyment was because their tone Wang TaLu skin....or face....it look like the painted those tan on his face to make him look tan

Ugh, I know. It's probably one of my pet peeves about the drama. In some scenes the color of his face is much darker than his hands and I'm just like WAHH?! I know Wang Talu is darker in complexion but I don't think he is THAT tan in real life. Even some of the makeup on Xiao Zhan was off in some of his close up scenes. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Ugh, I know. It's probably one of my pet peeves about the drama. In some scenes the color of his face is much darker than his hands and I'm just like WAHH?! I know Wang Talu is darker in complexion but I don't think he is THAT tan in real life. Even some of the makeup on Xiao Zhan was off in some of his close up scenes. 

one of the main thing that made me enjoy a drama is mainly because of the visual first.....so his tan look isnt helping....cause it felt painted.....i know he isnt that tan at real life....infact i think his tan in a Taiwan Movie was much better than this one....it is more even and more natural looking too...as much as some of Taiwanese drama felt very fake.....their visual or their recording edit is a lot better to be honest....

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

But there are sooooooooooooo many clips. Haha! I don't want to feel cheated by starting a drama series and find out halfway through that the storyline is not good. I am forever scarred by And The Winner Is Love!:shocked2: I'll just wait for everyone's reviews here.:laugh: I don't know many Chinese actors/actresses and if I do know of any, their projects are usually the ones I follow-- Like Deng Lun and Dilraba Dilmurat. I know a lot of Taiwanese actors/actresses (hence why I knew Wang Talu) but I think it's because the collection of Taiwanese dramas that come out is much smaller compared to Chinese dramas so it's easier for me to follow and remember their names better. Haha! 

usually i dont watch an airing drama too....i will wait till they finish airing before i bing thru it.....as i prefer binging lols

• Like 3

The music video for the title song of The Wolf came out today. I'm sure those that are watching the drama knows the name/artist of the song, but just in case, the song is Who Am I by Jolin Tsai. 

Spoiler

More stills released today. I really like the makeup/costume of Yao Ji, played by Xin Zhi Lei -- she is really pretty.

dcQOyaX.jpg

uSL3ncy.jpg

6qHW9D9.jpg

Spoiler

WrpGXIk.jpg

iHl1028.jpg

NYxAl81.jpg

06a4Vms.jpg

pQABio6.jpg

V3Ih2FJ.jpg

fueBAkR.jpg

Maybe it is just me, but does anyone think that the dubbed voice of Ma Jing is a bit annoying? :pandascared:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

one of the main thing that made me enjoy a drama is mainly because of the visual first.....so his tan look isnt helping....cause it felt painted.....i know he isnt that tan at real life....infact i think his tan in a Taiwan Movie was much better than this one....it is more even and more natural looking too...as much as some of Taiwanese drama felt very fake.....their visual or their recording edit is a lot better to be honest....

Yeah, it definitely feels really painted on. I had to look passed the makeup for some scenes and especially LangZai otherwise I was not going to enjoy the drama. I just pretended that he had dirt on his face the whole time because he's supposed to be half wolf. :laugh:

• Like 2

These are taken from episode 15, Ji Chong and Lang Zai are always sizing each other up and the drama likes to shoot it in multiple angles -- the skin tones for them change in every angle though. Haha! :laugh:

0K9PoyU.png

Spoiler

urgEn4M.png

NUtpN96.png

xPw0CpJ.png

They are so petty with each other. Haha!

giphy.gif

Ji Chong sliding from being hit by Lang Zai (from episode 16)

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Some cute Zhai Xing and Ji Chong moments (from episode 16) -- @NiteWalker, the coloring of Ji Chong's face is so strange, probably from the editing. Haha!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Some happy Ji Chong moments (from episode 15).

Spoiler

TLoScJZ.png

1lzcXb4.pnglwZ9s84.png

kebTTqZ.png

giphy.gif

This moment of Ji Chong when he gets stopped by Lang Zai and the Night Furies. I was sad about his food falling on the ground (from episode 15).

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

On 11/27/2020 at 5:43 PM, Tofu said:

But there are sooooooooooooo many clips. Haha! I don't want to feel cheated by starting a drama series and find out halfway through that the storyline is not good. I am forever scarred by And The Winner Is Love!:shocked2: I'll just wait for everyone's reviews here.

Love reading your thoughts...

The drama is amazing and I hope you change your mind for no amount of clips or reviews will be able to give you what the journey can trust me...

I use to feel this way a long time ago, until I realized that reviews and opinions are what other people feel and see and are unique to them. Whether it's the way they look at life.  Where they have been and are in life. Even where they wish they were in life. Just as what you see and feel are unique just to you.  That no matter the ending or all to often the lack of one.  It's the words of a story, actors and chemistry, it's the cinematography that surrounds it and the journey that draws you in that takes you along with it...

I guess what I am trying to say is that no matter what the drama is or where it takes you.  If it makes you feel anything at all, that in itself is success.  I don't like all dramas but when I look back I realize that each one allowed me to feel something and moved me in a way that made me reflect on my own life.  All the emotions have been covered.  Laughing, Crying, Fear, Anger mostly when the ending isn't as I hoped!! LOL!!  As here I have a feeling :(

But never regret even those you consider bad because I have found we seem to hang onto those too...

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 11/29/2020 at 2:34 AM, Tofu said:

These are taken from episode 15, Ji Chong and Lang Zai are always sizing each other up and the drama likes to shoot it in multiple angles -- the skin tones for them change in every angle though. Haha! :laugh:

some how from this angle the skin tones looks a lot better dont you think? and also XiaoZhan look pretty good with this kind of tone too

0K9PoyU.png

They are so petty with each other. Haha!

come on....love rival are always petty with each other.....even to the extend of being 'Childish' TOO!!!

giphy.gif

This moment of Ji Chong when he gets stopped by Lang Zai and the Night Furies. I was sad about his food falling on the ground (from episode 15).

is that his expression of his food falling....somehow his reaction seems very either spot on or ... it was like....

'what is you guys deal' and i totally love it....i can say...XiaoZhan seems very different from his usual carefree characters that he play....and im glad for that...it show that he can be a versatile actor ...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Whether passion or compassion this drama seems to want to give us the insight to the many ways in which we love.  Even going as far as showing the evil deeds of an emperor and after bringing one son home and punishing another.  For a brief moment we are shown that even within him there lies a fathers love and I may have even been made to believe regret.  Yet evil has a way of overpowering so many through greed, power and self that even those brief moments become less and less...

Yet what I love about this drama is that we are given two lead men instead of one. For although they are made to seem so different.  It is their hearts in how they feel towards one woman that makes them seem the same.  Protecting, caring and willing to sacrifice themselves and their happiness at any cost.  There is no greater love than one that reaches beyond yourself...

Edited by USAFG
  • Like 2

@Tofu you have a contender from my mom for Wang TaLu, she said he is good looking with his 'crispy' looks hahaha

that usually what she called those tan skin guys, where she use to say they look 'Chiak Chiak' hahaha

she love LiQin too....she said she is very pretty and a pretty good artist who can act, she love it when she do those martial moves the most....and yes mom love action dramas alot that pack some good action.....she fall asleep if it is all dialogue lols...

like you @UnniSara , my mom calling the 'emperor' evil and a bad guy!!

and no my mom dont know how to use a computer and she wont be able to post in the forum hahahah....i will be her secretary hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@NiteWalker - Your mom is soooo funny!! :laugh: What does "crispy" look mean? LOL!! 

yea my mom is really cute....well when you fried things like fried chicken or something it will be crispy or crunchy right? hehehe

:cool:

my mom was commenting he never smiles, he is always seems so gloomy and his 'bao' u know dumpling hahahaha....or the puffy look hahahhaa....mom actually waiting for him to smile lols