Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你 [TW Drama 2020]

Lynne

I dislike how they only air one episode a week, so I'm watching it every other week instead. It seems like things are starting to heat up a little bit with Marcus's and Vivian's characters. The last episode had a kiss scene (can we even call it that?!) and from the preview, there might be more! 

Also, in the behind the scenes, I love how both of them go into these characters and call each other "husband" and "wife". 😂😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Tofu I'm a big fan of the 1 episode per week - I feel the actors put in more effort promoting the drama to keep fans interested. That's why Vivian and Marcus and Simon film additional videos and stuff on their socials. I'm a bigger fan of the second lead Qing Feng in the series (Simon Lian irl) but I do think it's funny and cute when Vivian and Marcus go all husband and wifey on us - This latest episode (which I'm watching tonight) seems like it'll be oddly steamy, so they're living up to their "relationship" haha.

• Like 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I haven't watched a Taiwanese drama for quite a few years, and I nearly forgot how painful it is to wait for 1 episode every week. I initially wanted to start watching the drama when it reaches episode 15 but my friend tempted me into watching it with her after I introduced it to her, and I am now up to the latest episode. Haha! Not regretting though cos the story is great and the cast has really good chemistry! Can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds! 

• Like 4

@JenL: That's very true too. They have been doing a lot of promotion for the drama. I've watched only some of Marcus's dramas but I feel like he seems to be typecast as a rich CEO with a cold heart. I also like Simon too! His fashion in this drama makes me chuckle sometimes. I like that they are oversize but sometimes I wonder if they are too oversized. Haha!

@sharluvsenergy: Yay! I'm glad you started watching it. I haven't watched the latest episode so I'm not sure if they have addressed this yet, but if they haven't, I'm curious to see how they are going to connect the two worlds and address the question: will they remember each other in the 'real' world?

• Like 3

@Tofu Oh, I totally agree with you about Marcus. I liked him in his lead debut in Back to 1989 because he played an interesting character. But since then, I feel like he's basically been the same character in every series, which is a shame since the 'rich, outwardly mean, but inwardly soft CEO' type is quite boring and I think he's a good actor who could rise above this role (eg. Would love to see him play a gangster or hooligan). When I first read about Lost Romance, a drama that would make fun of the romance novel tropes, I thought he would discover that he was a stereotypical character and try to change (although that might be similar to Extraordinary You) or that the heroine might not get with the first lead in the book or something fun like that...but it seems to have gone down the conventional route.  And yessss, Simon is the best! His character's clothes are pretty funny - I'm really not sure why they have to be that oversized!!  The main reason I continue to watch this series is to see Qing Feng sass Aoran and have chemistry with Xiao En. As for the connecting of the 2 worlds, they haven't established that yet, but they've been dropping lots of hints - hope they start explaining soon or they'll be lots to tie up at the end!

@sharluvsenergy It's great that you've caught up! Yeah, the story is interesting and the pacing is good. Wish some of the characters had better development, but so far it's been a fun watch. Isn't the cast chemistry amazing? :wow:

• Like 2

@Tofu I think they are probably going to return to the real world soon in the next few episodes. I just got the novel after it was released on 31st August, and I hope it gives me an inkling about what is going to happen in the end. Really hope for a happy ending!

@JenL Yes, I wished there was more explanation or development for some things but I guess I am enjoying the show enough to oversee that. And yes! Their chemistry is amazing! Even though Marcus is much older than most of them, it doesn't show at all. In fact, they seem like good friends around the same age!

• Like 4

For those that struggle with Chinese, I do the translations for Lost romance BTS videos. Here is Episode 14:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/09/lost-romance-episode-14-behind-scenes.html

kovYQlZ.jpg

NVaW6NR.jpg

• Like 3

It's funny reading comments about how there is only 1 episode a week. In US tv, we are used to only getting 1 episode a week for all series! It was only in Asian dramas that I discovered there were 2 episodes per week, not including daily dramas which have 5 episodes per week.

Don't think that I'll watch this drama yet since it only has 1 episode per week, but it seems as if it could be a cute set up. Wondering how they'll handle the novel to RW transition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's funny reading comments about how there is only 1 episode a week. In US tv, we are used to only getting 1 episode a week for all series! It was only in Asian dramas that I discovered there were 2 episodes per week, not including daily dramas which have 5 episodes per week.

u forgot that C-Drama have episodes everyday from Monday to Sunday hehehehehehe

• Haha 3
46 minutes ago, Lynne said:

@JenL I've been hearing rumors the drama got extended?

Just had a check and didn't see anything confirmed...I'm thinking it's a misunderstanding for 2 reasons :psweatduck:

1) It might be because the actors recently did a live which was in Chinese, but Marcus sometimes says the odd phrase or word in English and he kept saying 'Season 2' - but he meant that after the wedding where XE is forced to return to the real world, the drama's storyline is different to the episodes that took place in the novel world, so he said it feels like a season 2 for series. Haha, not that there'll be a season 2. I'll link to the Live which I chucked up on my YouTube account.

2) Another reason people might think it was extended is because MyDramaList says there's only 16 episodes (which I think is a typo). It was originally planned for 20 episode run and so far the ending date matches the starting date for the drama that will take over from it - The Devil's Punisher (Apparently the story has been described as the Taiwanese Goblin and will star Ivy Shao and Mike He, so really looking forward to it! Will make a page here for chatting.) Unless there's been delays with The Devil's Punisher , I don't know if they'd extend (It could be possible since both Ivy and Mike seem busy with stage play and Mike had a second baby...but they started filming really early - even before Lost Romance!) So to answer your question, haven't seen anything definitive but I'll update if I hear for sure.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JenL said:

Just had a check and didn't see anything confirmed...I'm thinking it's a misunderstanding for 2 reasons :psweatduck:

So to answer your question, haven't seen anything definitive but I'll update if I hear for sure. 

Ok, Thanks! :eeeee:hahaa.. I've been thinking how many more weeks I have to wait before I can binge watch this drama LOL..

47 minutes ago, JenL said:

he Devil's Punisher (Apparently the story has been described as the Taiwanese Goblin and will star Ivy Shao and Mike He

Wah... Tw Goblin.. Looking forward to it!! 

• Like 2
On 9/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, NiteWalker said:

hmmm....

i thought only 16 episodes? Total 18?

@NiteWalker I've heard it's 20 episodes for awhile now - it's currently on episode 16 and there's been an episode 17 preview. The main characters are yet to fall in love outside of the storybook world and the bad guys still need some work, so I think 4 more episodes to tie up is believable....But also the TV channel, SETTV rarely does drama runs under 20 episodes (unless it was only planned to have 13 or something. But in the past, they've generally been 20-22 episode series).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JenL said:

@NiteWalker I've heard it's 20 episodes for awhile now - it's currently on episode 16 and there's been an episode 17 preview. The main characters are yet to fall in love outside of the storybook world and the bad guys still need some work, so I think 4 more episodes to tie up is believable....But also the TV channel, SETTV rarely does drama runs under 20 episodes (unless it was only planned to have 13 or something. But in the past, they've generally been 20-22 episode series).

oh well....hahaha sometimes i hate to watch a Taiwan drama because its only an episode a week.....and after a while i might actually forgotten what happen next to be honest

• Like 1

@JenL AAAAAAAA... I just saw the preview of Mike He's drama this morning, The Devil's Punisher... so cool! and scary!! 

Ok.. back TO LOST ROMANCE! I'm watching Vivian's latest interview talking about Zheng Xiao An's experience and changes over the course of the story.

The story is on the last arc now... I'm excited... 

And, another interview of Marcus Chang talking about He Tian Xiang / Situ Aoran

• Like 2

@Lynne Woo! Glad you're excited for The Devil's Punisher too. As for Last Romance, I found the last episode really slow! I like that she's worked really hard to find justice for Qing Feng now that she's out of the story world, and I feel like it's good she's building rapport with Tian Xing, but I find the pacing of this drama has major ups and downs. This episode felt like a filler because nothing exciting happens....but when exciting things happen, it's like 3 things in one episode. I thought they should have included some scenes with the evil brother and Uncle Hu, since that's still to be resolved. Simon/ Qing Feng not being in the episode made me sad, but they did post an extra interview with Simon this week about his character...

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JenL said:

This episode felt like a filler because nothing exciting happens....but when exciting things happen, it's like 3 things in one episode. I thought they should have included some scenes with the evil brother and Uncle Hu, since that's still to be resolved.

Lets just hope 18 is better...

3 more episodes till the end.... I'm counting the weeks before I will binge watch... lols.. 

Actually its normal I think for Tdrama to have more filler like episodes in the last leg.. esp if its popular?? Sigh.... 

• Like 2