Sunshine of My Life / A Love Story: You Are the Greatest Happiness of My Life 若你安好便是晴天 [2021]

14 hours ago, Mouse said:

I don't think I watched MG 2009! And I didn't watch Boss and Me either.

I googled him and now I know where I saw him... Here to Heart! I watched that one.

ahhhh with janine 

16 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think this was one of his biggest drama, right? Everyone I know knows him from Meteor Garden. 

yes, it was the drama that brought him fame and later is boss & me

• Like 2

@NiteWalker I started this a few days ago and am already on ep 4. He's cute in this one because he smiles a lot unlike his role in Here to Heart.

Very rare to see man dressed in a red suit but he pulls it off nicely.

I wish they would dress the FL better considering she's a designer too. Sometimes they dress her in baggy clothing but she's already so thin and she just swims in it. 

• Like 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

On 3/26/2021 at 12:41 PM, Mouse said:

Very rare to see man dressed in a red suit but he pulls it off nicely.

I agreed! I saw a few clips of the drama, so when my schedule is a little more free, I'm going to watch a couple episodes to see how I like it. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

I agreed! I saw a few clips of the drama, so when my schedule is a little more free, I'm going to watch a couple episodes to see how I like it. 

I’m still only on ep 5 of this one because I’m juggling a few dramas right now. But so far it’s okay, I have to watch a bit more to see how I feel about it. 

Ok I’m on episode 8 now. 

I find 2nd ML (Fang Xiaoyou) very annoying. Something about the way he looks, his smug look and the way he goes after Mo Fei is very sleazy. Especially in episode 7 when he just shows up with jewelry and shoes and flowers for Mo Fei without considering for how it would look to the people around her. And also the way he tried to offer her an opportunity to be his assistant was so inappropriate. Thank goodness Mo Fei is honest and fair. 

In comparison, Tang Mingxian is more respectful and supports Mo Fei in all the right ways and also tries to really get to know her. 

One thing I don’t like very much about this drama is that Tang Mingxian fell so quickly for Mo Fei and I’d like to understand better what made him like her. 

I find Mo Fei’s brother (can’t remember his name right now) adorable. He’s model material for sure but I like that he’s kind and sweet. I like the relationship between the siblings and how they’re both hardworking and supportive of each other. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

@Mouse @SilverMoonTea my mom is crazy on this show due to the fashion....

she said it was really nice to see how they try to promote the chinese heritage thru the design, she doesnt comment much of the OTP / the chemistry though....

I barely able finish the trailer haha...

And the fashion the ML & FL wear actually not so nice? Haha or its just me. 

I think the FL depicted as too childish, I can't handle her... 

• Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

@Mouse @SilverMoonTea my mom is crazy on this show due to the fashion....

she said it was really nice to see how they try to promote the chinese heritage thru the design, she doesnt comment much of the OTP / the chemistry though....

though my mom did talk about how MoFei ate herself into hospital for being greedy lols

Yes, they really promote Chinese heritage through design in this one like Suzhou embroidery, batik, etc. It’s interesting to see it. 

It just sometimes feels like the story telling is patchy and there’s too many annoying side characters lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mouse said:

Yes, they really promote Chinese heritage through design in this one like Suzhou embroidery, batik, etc. It’s interesting to see it. 

It just sometimes feels like the story telling is patchy and there’s too many annoying side characters lol. 

hahaha yea...maybe cause we are chinese to see all this is like a touch to the our herritage

• Like 1

I actually think ZH looks great in this drama. I just feel like the chemistry is lacking and the drama didn’t really do such a good job of showing us why Mingxuan fell for Mo Fei. I love all the scenes they have of holding each other while they nap though. Lol 

I also find the 2nd ML (Fang Xiayou) extremely annoying that I don’t even feel sympathetic for him despite his sister’s condition. I get that he loves his sister very much but his behaviour and attitude is just painful to watch. 

however, with all that being said, I’m still watching because I want to know how it all ends. But I have to admit I’m FF a lot because I just don’t find the side characters compelling. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 1:32 PM, Mouse said:

This has been an element in all three fashion-related dramas that I've watched this past year. This one, Love Designer (2020), and Our Glamorous Times (2018). The ML's parents' house in this drama is even the same house as the one the ML's parents' in Our Glamorous Times, haha.  

This drama probably had the most cohesive story out of the three, but I'd still rank it behind OGT because the OTP had better chemistry in that one and the story, as multi and varied as they became, were all still fairly interesting. Which I can't say about Love Designer... good chemistry, but boy was that story all over the place.  I'm not even sure what I was watching by its end.  Haha.  Sunshine of My Life, otoh, at least had a cohesive story.  It just... also had a lot of headbanging side characters and like @Mouse, I was never really sure what attracted the ML to the FL.  Instead, it was one of those things where since you knew they were the OTP, you just accepted and went along with the relationship.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Mouse said:

I also find the 2nd ML (Fang Xiayou) extremely annoying that I don’t even feel sympathetic for him despite his sister’s condition. I get that he loves his sister very much but his behaviour and attitude is just painful to watch. 

After having seen this actor in Yanxi Palace and Arsenal Military Academy, I just kept asking, "Why did you accept this role?!" Fang Xiaoyu was such a loser character, LOL! And I just knew his reasons for hating on the ML were going to turn out to be soooo dumb and so unreasonable.  At least his sister was more sensible than the rest of the family.

however, with all that being said, I’m still watching because I want to know how it all ends. But I have to admit I’m FF a lot because I just don’t find the side characters compelling. 

Same. Despite all the headbanging that I did over the drama, I still found it watchable (with the help of the fastfoward button) and was eager to see it through to the end.  What kept me in was how the OTP handled their disagreements and that the FL was sensible/rational.  One of my favorite scenes was where the SFL called her and tried to get her to give up on the ML (this is before the FL/ML had even cemented their relationship. The FL had left for Paris, and the SFL was driving in her car when she called FL on the phone).  FL pretty much gave SFL a what for and called her out on her own insecurities, and I thought that was great.  If it hadn't been for that, I'm not sure I would've seen the drama to its end. 

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

On 4/12/2021 at 2:25 PM, themarchioness said:

After having seen this actor in Yanxi Palace and Arsenal Military Academy, I just kept asking, "Why did you accept this role?!" Fang Xiaoyu was such a loser character, LOL! And I just knew his reasons for hating on the ML were going to turn out to be soooo dumb and so unreasonable.  At least his sister was more sensible than the rest of the family.

I don't even get why he's so angry really. Tang Mingxuan rejected the marriage because he did not have feelings for her and it's not like he led her on either. When she asked if he liked her, he was clear in that he only liked her as a sister. What she did was all on her - leaving without a word. I get that she was broken-hearted but I didn't think that warranted so much hatred from Fang Xiaoyou. And he was just so petty. He hit an all time low showing up drunk at Mo Fei's place. At that point I was like "just slap him!"

I didn't see OGT so I can't comment on it but I thought Love Designer had such good chemistry and really natural PDA. But yes, the story was a bit all over the place. 

I finished this one - only because I really wanted to see how it would end but there was definitely lots of FF. 

On 4/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, Tofu said:

This drama is finished airing and subs are all out now so...I might consider binge watching this drama. Have you finished, @Mouse?

Yes, I've finished it but I fast-forwarded a lot. Not my favourite but there was enough to get me to finish it. LOL

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, Mouse said:

I don't even get why he's so angry really. Tang Mingxuan rejected the marriage because he did not have feelings for her and it's not like he led her on either. When she asked if he liked her, he was clear in that he only liked her as a sister. What she did was all on her - leaving without a word. I get that she was broken-hearted but I didn't think that warranted so much hatred from Fang Xiaoyou. And he was just so petty. He hit an all time low showing up drunk at Mo Fei's place. At that point I was like "just slap him!"

Because his reasons are so illogical and unreasonable, that's why you don't get it.  LOL.  It's not just him though.  It's his dad too.  Such as when TMX brought the dad the information about the doctor to treat the sister.  The dad was all, "I'm not going to thank you for this because this is what your family should be doing," and really.... seriously?  Like you said.  AND LIKE THE SISTER SAID HERSELF.  TMX never led her on.  It was her own expectations.  She was used to getting what she wanted and when she couldn't get him, even after TMX's mom had sided with her family, she couldn't handle that rejection and disappointed and disappeared.  It was her own immaturity (her own adjective for herself) that led to those actions, not his.  And it amazed me that Fang Xiaoyu could never figure that out and that the only reason he "forgave" TMX in the end was because his sister survived the operation.  If she hadn't, can you imagine??  TMX would be forever held responsible for something that was never his fault.

Honestly, the only person who had any right to be upset at anybody was TMX towards his mother.  She promoted this marriage between Fang Xiaoyu's sister without consulting him.  And then didn't even learn her lesson and tried to do the same thing years later with the SFL!  TMX and his dad were way too indulgent with the mom.  :P  

• Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Honestly, the only person who had any right to be upset at anybody was TMX towards his mother.  She promoted this marriage between Fang Xiaoyu's sister without consulting him.  And then didn't even learn her lesson and tried to do the same thing years later with the SFL!  TMX and his dad were way too indulgent with the mom

This!! I hated all the scenes with the mom because she behaved like a spoiled brat and I couldn’t understand why TMX and his dad kept indulging her. She was clearly wrong and even until the end, she was still acting proud and they were still trying to appease her! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

This!! I hated all the scenes with the mom because she behaved like a spoiled brat and I couldn’t understand why TMX and his dad kept indulging her. She was clearly wrong and even until the end, she was still acting proud and they were still trying to appease her! 

one thing sometimes the elder need to learn is to let their kids live the life they want....

why must they force the kid to do the things they thought is the best.....sometimes what you thought is the best is not the best for the kids.....

14 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

one thing sometimes the elder need to learn is to let their kids live the life they want....

why must they force the kid to do the things they thought is the best.....sometimes what you thought is the best is not the best for the kids.....

As a parent, I think we always want what is best for our children. But I think that we also need to consider their thoughts and feelings. And there are some things they need to learn for themselves.

With TMX's mom though, it's like she didn't even learn from her mistakes and just kept repeating them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

With TMX's mom though, it's like she didn't even learn from her mistakes and just kept repeating them. 

Which, as aggravating as her actions had been already, became doubly so when it was revealed that she'd done the same thing with FXY's sister and that's why TMX would throw those little barbs at her (deservedly so).  It was also frustrating to watch from the sideline because she didn't even take time to know the FL.  She just made judgments about her character based on how she felt and her own biases towards the SFL.  Meanwhile SFL's the one out there making things worse for TMX and the company due to her petty jealousies.  

Ah, as my mom would say... these characters are designed to drive the viewers nuts so that we have more drama to watch.  Haha!  

the drama didn’t really do such a good job of showing us why Mingxuan fell for Mo Fei.

After saying I was never really sure either what attracted the ML to the FL, I remembered the other day there were the podcasts and the whole connection through childhood thing.  The childhood connection part was especially weird and poorly done, I thought.  At the beginning we'd get flashbacks all the time and it became obvious pretty quickly on that the FL was the little girl in his memories, but then what?  Apart from the one time he took her to that garden, where she had no recollection of him, it wasn't brought up again until their marriage ceremony.  That whole thing could've been left out and it wouldn't have made a difference.  

Haha, I have such a like/hate relationship with this drama.  I can find so many things to nitpick about it that anybody hearing me would think I hated it, but on the contrary, I found it watchable and just fast forwarded at other times.  Hehe.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

21 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

After saying I was never really sure either what attracted the ML to the FL, I remembered the other day there were the podcasts and the whole connection through childhood thing.  The childhood connection part was especially weird and poorly done, I thought.  At the beginning we'd get flashbacks all the time and it became obvious pretty quickly on that the FL was the little girl in his memories, but then what?  Apart from the one time he took her to that garden, where she had no recollection of him, it wasn't brought up again until their marriage ceremony.  That whole thing could've been left out and it wouldn't have made a difference.  

Ugh, don’t get me started on that poorly done flashback because it was misleading! In the beginning it seemed as though he was recalling a memory he didn’t know where from and then toward the end, he knew it was her all along. 

Did he know she was the little girl when he first met her at that fashion show? Did he realize it was her when he read her notebook? I have no idea! Aaaannndddd, he was already obsessed with her from the moment she left her notebook behind which made no sense whatsoever! Why he held on to her notebook was beyond me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mouse said:

As a parent, I think we always want what is best for our children. But I think that we also need to consider their thoughts and feelings. And there are some things they need to learn for themselves.

very true....some mother learn....some mother dont....

i always felt when a mother learn is that she will choose to let the child fall / stand and be there as much as possible...

not all mother are bad....they just educate their children the way they were brought up....what they dont see is that sometimes the way they were brought up is not working on their own children

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Mouse said:

Did he know she was the little girl when he first met her at that fashion show? Did he realize it was her when he read her notebook? I have no idea! Aaaannndddd, he was already obsessed with her from the moment she left her notebook behind which made no sense whatsoever! Why he held on to her notebook was beyond me. 

I assumed he held onto the notebook to mess with her and give him an excuse to have continual contact with her (even at the risk of generating a lot of aggravation towards him on her side) but I agree with you on everything else re: the flashback.  There was a lot missing with that plot line, to the point where I wish they'd just left it out. But that was kinda the theme of the show... things that do not make sense, haha.

Like, can we talk about her best friend from university?  The one that backstabbed her in the end?  How did that even come about?  She was always so supportive of the FL, accepting that the FL had more talent than her, and then FL goes away to France and then she get pissed and jealous because 1) she's not convinced that TMX didn't didn't know about FL returning to the company and instead is convinced TMX pulled strings on her behalf, and 2) can't respect that FL just wants a little privacy when she doesn't feel comfortable sharing details of her personal life.  AND THEN we find out, in the end, that the best friend has never stood by the FL's side and in fact all those things that had been done to the FL at the beginning of the drama (like the spilled paint) were actually things done by her!  And I was like, wow, she was the best actress ever then... but for what purpose?  Like what did she ever have to gain from being a (fake) friend to the FL?  I don't know.  It was all so very perplexing.

Although, I will say, it explained a lot.  At the beginning of the drama when the two "friends" were competing in that competition hosted by TMX's company, there was one scene where FL got called out of her workroom (by the SFL, if I remember correctly) who accused her of working the back door with TMX or something like that and anyway, wwaaayyy in the distance in the hallway we saw the best friend and another guy pop out of their workrooms.  I thought I had seen a look of disgust and irritation on the best friend's face, as if she actually believed what FL was being accused of.  But it was in the distance, she and the other guy were kinda blurry as the camera's focus was on what was happening in the foreground, and the best friend was as pleasant as could be in the next scene with her that I convinced myself I must have imagined things.  Although, I guess not.  :P  

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics