Kairos finale predictions! 🧐   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for the final episodes?!!!

• Yes 🥳 but sad it's ending.
    • No because I'm sad it's ending 😭
  2. 2. After multiple deaths in ep 1-14, who will really die in the end? If no answer is listed, share your choice in the comments~ (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kwak Sung Ja (Ae Ri omma)
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • Chairman Yoo
  3. 3. Who will survive until the end? If your choice is not listed, share it in the comments 🤓 (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kim Da Bin
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Kim Jin Ho
  4. 4. Who is the evillest villain of all? 😠. Missed a villain in the list, share your villain of choice in the comments too~ (multiple choice)

• Chairman Yoo
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Lee Taek Gyu
    • Park Joo Young
    • Baseball - the preemptions! 😠
  5. 5. Who is Kim Da Bin's biological dad?

• Definitely, Kim Seo Jin!!
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • It doesn't matter who her biological dad is...Kim Seo Jin will always be Dabin's appa.
  6. 6. Final question...if Kim Seo Jin and Ae Ri survives till the end....are they the OTP?

• Yes! 💯 they are meant to be~
    • Yes but as best buddies only.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2020 at 04:42 AM

On 10/16/2020 at 9:23 PM, katakwasabi said:

Same @abs-oluteM. I'm not familiar with ABH too but I heard good things about him in Itaewon Class 😆

I hope those good things were about his acting and not his character. Haha! He played the villain in Itaewon Class and was a horrible character to like. Ahn Bo Hyun has been acting for a few years now but has always played minor roles. I think Her Private Class and especially Itaewon Class were what got people to notice him more. He was a boxer, turned model, turned actor. He talked about his struggles with acting when he was on I Live Alone for two (?) of their episodes. 

Kairos start this week, yay! :LarvitarSDab1:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I haven't watched ep 1 but the positive reviews I'm reading on twitter gives me hope! Hahahaha

Will wait for subs before I comment about plot or anything 😂. So much happened today, I haven't shared the presscon pics 😱. Will do it sooner or later. Heh

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Highlight reel . Was he the one who was transported back in time ?

I haven't watched the highlight reel. I'm practicing self restraint to lower my expectations hahaha. But as far as I know, there will be no time travel in this, they are in two parallel timelines, 1 month apart 😆. The different timelines is differentiated by the tone on screen, Ari is warm tones (amber), Seojin will be in cooler tones (blue).

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

I don't know how I feel about the show yet. It's a serious enough show but tending towards being over melodramatic. 

Will keep watching just to get a better sense of how things progress and where the show's headed.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Review for Ep 1 by the review geek 🥳

Snippet from review:

The Episode Review

Cor what a plot twist at the end! I must admit, going into these Korean dramas completely blind is the best way of experiencing the story unfolding. Here, there’s a great dose of mystery and tension clinging to this, helped by seeing the police out in force and helping with the investigation.

More: https://www.thereviewgeek.com/kairos-e1review/

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Kairos first  2 eps review:

It was so interesting 👏 I like the crime thriller here and the time crossing way to save each other life. 😍😱

The way Kim Seojin and Han Aeri lost their loved one in just 1 ep make my heart break. 💔

I am curious of what will happen in the next ep. Keep going strong Kairos 👍

The casts acting are superb! You can feel it through their emotions.

#KAIROS Lets give a lots of support for the drama. #ShinSungRok #LeeSeyoung #KangSeungYoon #NamGyuri #AhnBohyun

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3

will check both episodes at a go. 
Meanwhile good response from k netz

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-kairos-pilot-episode-1.html

[Naver TV] 'Kairos' Pilot Episode 1 Comments and Reaction

1. [+57][-0] Someone definitely took her away intentionally

2. [+51][-1] The acting skills are seriously awesome, I watched totally immersed

3. [+51][-2] Shin Sungrok ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I missed youㅠ

4. [+50][-3] Among the dramas I've seen recently, this is seriously the one-top for directing, acting, and immersion... I thought I was watching an American TV show ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+42][-1] Acting, Immersion. Everything is the best.

"Are you blaming me right now?"  Shin Sungrok and Nam Gyuri argue over their missing daughter Screenshot%2B2020-10-27%2Bat%2B10.50.59.

1. [+73][-4] Nam Gyuri is so good at acting ㅠㅠ

2. [+49][-1] Shin Sungrok is so good at devastated and emotional acting ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅜ I watched totally immersed

3. [+48][-1]  She's good at acting.. NamGyul actress-nim♡

4. [+44][-1] Ah my heart seriously ached ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Shin Sungrok's acting was so realistic that I got even more immersed into the emotions ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+43][-0] Today the acting was the best. Gyuri-unnie, I'll always support you ❤️❤️

"I don't have the confidence to live on.." Shin Sungrok who even loses his wife, Nam Gyuri

Screenshot%2B2020-10-27%2Bat%2B10.52.11.Screenshot%2B2020-10-27%2Bat%2B10.52.32.Screenshot%2B2020-10-27%2Bat%2B10.44.36.

1. [+148][-4] ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It's so sad ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ The emotional immersion was seriously the best

2. [+127][-6] Because of Shin Sungrok actor-nim's acting, I watched totally immersed ㅠㅠㅠ The acting is seriously amazing ,, 😭

3. [+104][-4] Wow, look at the acting ㄷㄷ (T/N: ㄷㄷ means shivers)

4. [+97][-5] Starting from Episode 1, the immersion is the best 

5. [+94][-4] The fact that he's this good at acting, it's really fun~~~~

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The pace picks up for Episode 2 and I'm now genuinely intrigued by what the future holds especially with the entry of another party into the mix. His confession that he's the kidnapper of  Da Bin seems to be done under some duress. There's still a bit too much yelling and screaming for my liking and frankly I'd like to see that toned down now that the leads have some inkling of what's going on. Seems like the melodramatic histrionics is cooling off as Seo-jin gains hope and confidence that he can change the future. It's obvious also that Seo-jin is rather sharper on the uptake. He catches details and processes them much faster but he didn't become a high level executive for no reason so it does make sense that he's the one who gets the implications of this "power" much quicker. Yes, it's nuts but it works and nobody really cares how all that works.

I am particularly curious about the real kidnapper... the one who really took Da Bin and the one who talked Ae Rin's mother into discharging herself. Who is this? What is his/her agenda?  I wonder a lot about that because the kidnapping of the girl came about out of the context of seeming family dysfunction of sorts. Things were tenuous at the Kim household already... the family dynamics weren't particularly amenable. It wasn't as Seo-jin didn't care about his family because his need to keep up with appearances he did. He wasn't an outright jerk. But he was losing touch with his loved ones as he got busier and more successful. I don't doubt that this is some kind realignment and recalibration that's sorely needed in his life. His world's literally and metaphorically collapsed so it's only natural that one is forced to re-prioritize accordingly. I suppose there are a whole range of contenders. There could be a supernatural element to it like in A Christmas Carol or some such thing.

The chairman of the company is very grandfatherly and cryptic. It feels almost as if he knows exactly what's going on with Seo-jin. There's also something about the lad who is assistant to Seo-jin. He's gloomy, morose and shoots dark looks  at the boss as if he disapproves of him. 

Apparently too this "gift" is somehow tied to Seo-jin's past when he was buried alive in a building collapse. It's been shown at least twice now and he makes quick reference to it to Ae-Ri as justification to how he thought life sucked majorly and joined in with the status quo. Now it seems he's ready to rock the world. :P

Both leads are good in their respective roles. SSR is a seasoned performer who pulls his weight. I've liked Lee Se-young since her stint as the Zombie Girl in A Korean Odyssey. (That show was a bit of a disappointment but her character was very memorable and she's a far more versatile actress than many of her peers) I can't fault the acting but yeah... I'd like the screaming to be kept to the absolute minimum. 

The other thing I do like about this is the attention to details like the bulletin board, the slight difference(s) with the meeting place (cafe) between the recent past and the present. It shows thoughtfulness which is a big plus. 

Episode 2 gives me hope that good things are in the offing so fingers crossed that this is more 365 and Train than Alice and TKEM

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

20 minute recap for ep 1-2! :heiboi:

And a new making clip :niu:

I'm cautious. I don't want to be too excited because ep1-2 were exceptionally good in my books. The acting, plot, editing, music, camerawork etc2 were spot on. I really hope it maintains the excitement week 1 had. I look forward to week2. A few more days to ep 3 yay!!!

• Like 3

Domestic audience like what they have seen so far

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-kairos-episode-2-comments-and.html

[Naver TV] 'Kairos' Episode 2 Comments and Reactions

Screenshot%2B2020-10-28%2Bat%2B10.54.30%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-27%2Bat%2B7.36.16%2

1. [+87][-1] Ah, seriously not this ㅠㅠ It took Aeri so much time and effort to save up that money..... 

2. [+80][-1] Gunwook-ah... You nearly went to jail ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+75][-1] When he was being beaten up, I felt bad.... Im Gunwook.... 

4. [+70][-1] Today's episode is crazy ㅠㅠ So entertaining

5. [+64][-1] Wow Gunwook-ah.... I'm seriously disappointed ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Screenshot%2B2020-10-28%2Bat%2B10.56.29%

1. [+52][-0] The directing, storyline and the acting are all perfect... Seriously so entertaining........!! Once it gains more popularity, it will be amazing

2. [+35][-0] The storyline is seriously spooky ㅠㅠ So entertaining

3. [+32][-0] I feel like soon, this drama will spread by word of mouth and become more popular, seriously 

4. [+30][-0] I hope this drama spreads by the word of mouth ㅠㅠㅠ A masterpiece ㅠㅠ

5. [+26][-0] It only takes a second for someone's life to be completely shaken upside-down.. 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-28%2Bat%2B10.59.19%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-28%2Bat%2B10.44.26%

1. [+74][-2] Wow the drama missed all the predictions ㄷㄷ Insane

2. [+59][-0] Ko Kyupil-nim and Lee Sieon-nim's special appearance here was not a joke. I hope they stop the kidnapping. If they do, I wonder how the future will change... 

3. [+54][-0] I don't think the construction company would've appeared for no reason and I think Shin Sungrok's accident in the past, the culprit and the child named Jisoo are all interlinked. Maybe the victim of the construction accident... Anyhow, the past is the past so the key point will be how Kim Seojin will spend her life from now on

4. [+46][-1] Kairos is so entertaining, the storyline doesn't conform to the predictions. I want to watch episode 3 now. 

5. [+33][-0] Seriously what is it ㅠㅠ Did the daughter die from shoddy construction induced accident.. 
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Domestic audience like what they have seen so far

Yay! The comments on Naver chat are also positive. I really hope the plot remains solid and word of mouth remains good. Kairos fighting! Looking forward to ep 3 🥳.

A few observations and comments about ratings, knetz and reruns:

Spoiler

I've been camping in Naver chat for quite sometime: https://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/14012462/talk

There are many comments on Kairos Naver chat requesting MBC to rerun Kairos. Knetz say the easiest way to promote the drama is by playing it on TV. Apparently MBC is quite skimpy(?) with drama reruns in general. As I was interested with the subject, I did some digging and found similar comments about reruns during Special Labour Investigator Jo, which is one of MBC's most popular drama last year. 

Anyways...not sure if MBC has plans to change their rerun strategy (or non strategy) anytime soon, they haven't changed the rerun schedule as per knetz suggestions so far. Which is a pity. Now I figured this could be the reason why SBS dramas are talked about a lot in Naver chat, because the reruns are nearly all day long on different SBS channels...and probably SBS is just a better promoter/strategist in general 😅

And....another thing knetz complained was Kairos naver chat is hidden unlike other dramas where the chat room is readily available on the main page. So there were comments saying they thought there's no chat room to discuss. Kdrama chatroom activity increases when the episode is on air (first broadcast and reruns), due to lack of reruns for Kairos the activity in the chat room is also on the low side and the same comments are made: rerun the drama, especially during the weekend so it can gather more viewers for broadcast.

End of observation hehe 😆

We'll see how week 2 goes. I personally don't expect any significant ratings increase but I would be very happy if it does increase. Wishing all the best to the cast and crew 😎.

Weekly recap is out on Dramabeans:

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/kairos-episodes-1-2-open-thread/

Kairos1-2-00036.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Visiting the thread in support of @katakwasabi. How could I not after almost a week is SSR gifs in Discord few mos ago. Hahahaha 

was about to ask where you guys are watching this but opened up Viu just in case and behold it is there. Yeeeyy!! Will start watching. Hopefully it suits to my taste.

Kairos fightttiiiinng!!!

:heart:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

7 hours ago, -StrongTower- said:

Visiting the thread in support of @katakwasabi. How could I not after almost a week is SSR gifs in Discord few mos ago. Hahahaha 

was about to ask where you guys are watching this but opened up Viu just in case and behold it is there. Yeeeyy!! Will start watching. Hopefully it suits to my taste.

Kairos fightttiiiinng!!!

:heart:

:BulbaOWO: Gumawo for the support @-StrongTower- 

202010261611080510_3_20201026161151314.j

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2