Kairos finale predictions! 🧐   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for the final episodes?!!!

• Yes 🥳 but sad it's ending.
    • No because I'm sad it's ending 😭
  2. 2. After multiple deaths in ep 1-14, who will really die in the end? If no answer is listed, share your choice in the comments~ (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kwak Sung Ja (Ae Ri omma)
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • Chairman Yoo
  3. 3. Who will survive until the end? If your choice is not listed, share it in the comments 🤓 (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kim Da Bin
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Kim Jin Ho
  4. 4. Who is the evillest villain of all? 😠. Missed a villain in the list, share your villain of choice in the comments too~ (multiple choice)

• Chairman Yoo
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Lee Taek Gyu
    • Park Joo Young
    • Baseball - the preemptions! 😠
  5. 5. Who is Kim Da Bin's biological dad?

• Definitely, Kim Seo Jin!!
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • It doesn't matter who her biological dad is...Kim Seo Jin will always be Dabin's appa.
  6. 6. Final question...if Kim Seo Jin and Ae Ri survives till the end....are they the OTP?

• Yes! 💯 they are meant to be~
    • Yes but as best buddies only.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2020 at 04:42 AM

Ep 3 is near....some of my theories 🧠

I read some theories in twitter...1033 is an angel number. Something to do with guardian angels.

So....I think it's Aeri's dad looking out for her and someone (still unknown) looking out for Seojin. Since Aeri is in jail in Seojin's timeline maybe 'guardian' dad wanted to prevent his daughter from commiting the crime which led her to jail.

And...the collapsed building...I am suspecting both Aeri and Seojin's dad died in the rubble. His trauma might be because he was saved while the others weren't or because he saw them die in front of him.

-end theory-

Anyways...I find this cool: ep 1 ended at at exactly 10.33pm 😎

• Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

Kairos PD interview 😎

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000270418

@stroppyse can you kindly translate the interview please~~~ ☺️. I googled translated some parts:

PD Park Seung-woo, who boasted majestic details that set the ending time once at 10:33, the moment of time-crossing, said, "I intended it, but I didn't know it would be." - cool 😎

-SBS'Penthouse' by PD Joo Dong-min, author Kim Soon-ok, started with a strong mara taste, but is it burdensome?

"Because it's a great writer and a stylish directing work, I didn't think about it from the beginning. Broadcasting time zones are also different. As a producer of my first drama, I'm working hard to resolve'I have to keep going my way.' I'm nervous. It's not that I don't bother, but it's not because of the'penthouse' that makes us different - ahaha. I was wondering about Penthouse vs Kairos, many articles about it. The director answered well 🎉 

-A word of resolution to the viewers.

"I think that the drama itself is interesting and if there is power, I think that I watch it anyway. There are many dramas that are talked about after the end. My favorite'secret forest' has become more talked about after it is over. Didn't it betray viewers' expectations, and I will keep the genre's settings and promises, and I will make a drama that doesn't end with just a drama."  - well said PD-nim! 👏🏻 i hope Kairos will be good till the end and memorable after it ends 😎. Now I might watch Secret Forest too ahaha~

• Like 4

Got off eps 1 ...like what I have seen so far. 

So we've been shown a couple of things which I suppose will help us figure out the timeline. Putting them here so I can remember this

7 August 2020 - Ae Rin sees Dalbi at the store , it was AeRin's birthday.

10.33pm - the calls. messages always happen right on the dot.

On the day that Kim Seo Jin lost his wife & was about to jump off himself, we see AeRin being transported in a prison van . Could it be related to the "investment" that Kang Seung Yoon's character made. So that ending confirms the synopsis the AeRin that Seo Jin speaks to is from the past.

One thing that struck me was Ahn Bo Hyun's character - Seo Dok Kyun. Is he having an affair with the wife? Or he likes her?  Something about the way he looked at her - he wanted to comfort her but held back. I may be reading into it too much. The driver seems fishy but at the same time , may just be a red herring. But what was clear from eps 1 was that there is trouble in paradise in the Kim household. I think the wife feels neglected, and has unspoken resentment that her own dreams / ambitions came second to Kim's career. 

Let's see what eps 2 brings

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Got off eps 1 ...like what I have seen so far. 

So we've been shown a couple of things which I suppose will help us figure out the timeline. Putting them here so I can remember this

7 August 2020 - Ae Rin sees Dalbi at the store , it was AeRin's birthday.

10.33pm - the calls. messages always happen right on the dot.

On the day that Kim Seo Jin lost his wife & was about to jump off himself, we see AeRin being transported in a prison van . Could it be related to the "investment" that Kang Seung Yoon's character made. So that ending confirms the synopsis the AeRin that Seo Jin speaks to is from the past.

One thing that struck me was Ahn Bo Hyun's character - Seo Dok Kyun. Is he having an affair with the wife? Or he likes her?  Something about the way he looked at her - he wanted to comfort her but held back. I may be reading into it too much. The driver seems fishy but at the same time , may just be a red herring. But what was clear from eps 1 was that there is trouble in paradise in the Kim household. I think the wife feels neglected, and has unspoken resentment that her own dreams / ambitions came second to Kim's career. 

Let's see what eps 2 brings

Fighting with ep 2 abs 😆! I'm not gonna spoil anything~~ hehehe

Regarding his wife, it seems she herself has loss confidence in her playing and I don't think that has to do with Seojin being busy. Seojin was the one who asked/persuaded her to play since she's a professional violinist (and also because he thinks its more impactful when a staff spouse play on stage) but her response was she is less confident now. I don't know what she has been doing with her time, I would have assumed she is still practicing as it is her career...so why feel less confident compared to younger violinist? And she's not a full time housewife either as she hires a baby sitter 🤔.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@katakwasabi  just got off eps 2 . Was good & I was engaged . I liked that KSJ was quick to realise what was going on & he immediately found ways to prove to her that he was from the future. That one minute communication thing reminds me of Signal!  Anyhow the fact that he saved her from jail & prevented her friend's death meant that things can change.  ( Lol! I was laughing that he did not give her the lottery number for 1st place - just enough to cover her losses! Smart guy.) 

So is her mum's disappearance related to the daughter's disappearance? The guy with the gait who came to the station - it doesn't feel like he is the killer.  Anyway, this definitely makes things more exciting. Looking forward to eps 3

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 11/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, katakwasabi said:

Here is the translation of the article that you asked for.

These are the words of PD Park Seung Woo who is in charge of the new MBC drama ‘Kairos’ (Writer Lee Soo Hyeon) which has just aired its first week. Since this is his first project as the main director, PD Park is pouring all of his young blood into ’Kairos’ to make it an outstanding MBC drama. He has dedicated this past year to making this tight story which unfolds at a breathless pace.

‘Kairos’ is the story of a man in the future who loses his child to a kidnapper and whose world is shattered, a woman from the past who has lost her mom, for 1 minute a day at 10:33 pm, they are able to communicate across time and try to change their lives. Discovering that their phones are able to communicate over a distance of a month which lead to the two people agreeing to full cooperation in the just broadcast 1st and 2nd episodes, it was thrilling to hear “this Mon-Tues drama was decided by you.”

Bragging about the formidable details required to have the first episode end at 10:33 pm, PD Park Seung Woo said “We had planned it that way, but we didn’t know that it would actually happen”. He then said that episodes 3 and 4 would be more fun than episodes 1 and 2 had been. And, then expressed confidence that episodes 5 and 6 would be even more fun than episodes 3 and 4.

- The reactions to episodes 1 and 2 have been hot (meaning very good). Have you reviewed the viewers reactions and the comments?

“At first, I was scared so I didn’t read them. I’m the icon of emotional ups and downs. However, they said that there were lots of good reviews, so I ended up reading them all night long. The comments that the actors had acted their roles made me feel the best. Having made the work with the actors which is then well received by the viewers is the best thing. I have considerable pride in the casting. I’m working with actors that I have wanted to work with for a long time. Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, Nam Gyu Ri, Kang Seung Woon, and of course Hwang Jung Min, Sin Goo, and the others.

I was also really happy that the ending was able to be at 10:33 pm. We had planned it that way but didn’t know that it would actually happen. I had said to the production team “If when the episode ends, it just turns 10:33 pm, wouldn’t that send chills”, but because that really happened with episode 1, I was really happy. Even though it only happened for the 1st episode. (smiles)”

- Right from episodes 1 and 2, there has been a considerable amount of bait thrown in. (they meant that there is a lot going on)

“All of the bait will be 100% addressed. Since every bit is meaningful, everything will come together (to make sense). Please anticipate it.”

- Isn’t it a burden to have started broadcasting at the same time as Writer Kim Soon Ok and PD Joo Dong Min’s drama on SBS “Penthouse”.

Because it is the work of a great writer and a stylish production team, I had no intention of comparing us to them from the start. There is also a big difference in the actual broadcasting time.  Since I am a PD who is making his first drama, I focus on the fact that I have to “diligently follow my own path”. Because I am human, I do feel nervous. It’s not that I don’t think about it, but there isn’t anything that we would change because of “Penthouse” anyway. I’m going to continue in a calm and collected manner.”

- If there is a point to watch for going forward?

“Right now, we are filming episodes 13 and 14. Everyone is acting well without any issues. It’s a drama where you can really appreciate the acting. Also, there are many twists and the ending will be really good. We jokingly call it the “Delicious Ending Restaurant”, but we are also working hard to embody the good ending that the writer has written so well. I am also confident in our pacing. Our writer holds nothing back. She is always just full speed ahead. I’ve sometimes asked ‘if you write it like this, then what will you write to finish it’, but she just keeps going full speed ahead. And, she always finishes it well.”

- One word for the viewers.

“I think that if the drama itself is fun and is meaningful, then it will be watched. There are also many dramas which become popular after they finish. Even the drama that I love “Forest of Secrets” became more popular and famous after it had finished broadcasting. We will not betray the viewers’ expectations, but working within the settings of the genre and keeping our promises, we will make a drama that doesn’t do things just because it’s a drama until the end.”  

Me: In that last line, he means that they won’t make a drama that doesn’t make sense or just caters to fan service just because it’s a drama and it doesn’t matter. Nice interview, and it actually makes me want to give Kairos a watch. I especially like the ideas of all those twists that ultimately come to make sense as well as having a good well-written ending rather than a slapdash ending because the writer couldn't figure out how to end it well. (yes, I'm looking at you "W" and a whole host of other dramas which had ending failures. :smile:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Many many many thanks @stroppyse for the translations 😘

His interview is so good. I hope PD-nim's wish comes true...that the drama has a long life and is loved even after broadcasting ends.

Ratings wise...Penthouse (and also Birthcare Center) is a huge hurdle to overcome, I hope Kairos cast and crew are not discouraged by the ratings, knetz who watch gave good reviews so far and they too are dissapointed with the ratings. I hope good reviews will continue until the end~ Kairos fighting!!! 💪🏻

And...yes to Shin Sung Rok swimming in praise for his acting skills :eeeee: 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001221679

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000106027

Screenshot_20201103-160451_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3
  • Party! 2

So far so good. 

I was concerned just for a moment there as to how they were going to maintain the momentum for 16 episodes but now that I can see where the show is going with this and the temporal mechanics behind this, there is a fascinating and plausible level of complexity at work with changing outcomes. SSR's character Kim Seo-jin being the future point man makes sense because of his natural smarts and inherent resourcefulness. He's also quick to come to grips with the implications and do the relevant follow-up. Another point in the show's favour is the use of the present tech to ensure that timely information gets to the other part by hook or by crook. The use of voice mail, text messages particularly within the time limitations has been well thought out. That was exemplified especially in how Geom-wook got to Ae-ri in time preventing a murder attempt because he happened to have her phone.

As Seo-jin and Ae-ri turn the timeline into their personal sandbox... as it were...  it's clear that constant recalibration and readjustment is required. As the protagonists make their move, the antagonists respond in kind. That's the genius of the script thus far. So it isn't a straightforward find and change.  Changes have consequences just as new choices do. Hence the show factors into the story a level of unpredictability which is realistic while keeping the audience on its toes. This, I imagine, is how the show aims to maintain continued interest in the outcomes.

It wasn't really that hard to see that Kim Jin-ho wasn't behind the kidnapping. A man with his disability and current financial status pulling off a caper like this would be a miracle. It's not just a matter of finding the child and nabbing her from off the street. It requires planning and inside knowledge. He is pretty much a misdirect and a scapegoat. I imagine the real perpetrator(s) has offered to pay for his daughter's medical bills in exchange for his "services"

By far the most important part of the show in terms of themes and messaging is the fact that Seo-jin's life didn't crumble into a heap overnight when Da Bin was kidnapped and his wife took her own life. It was already in shambles despite the facade that he seemed to be a successful youngish executive who was on his way up. We were already given hints of cracks in that facade early on but more came to light in the most recent episode. It isn't just that wife Kang Hyun-chae was having an affair with the seemingly affable Seo Do-kyun but family life was already shaky at its core. SJ and HC were constantly arguing and that was affecting DB to the point that she was taking responsibility and feeling guilty anytime she saw them fighting. There was family dysfunction because it seemed in part that SJ wasn't prioritizing his family. I think in his own way he loved them but he fell into the trap of thinking that giving them a life of comfort and ease could supplant his actual direct input into their lives. His absence and neglect created a vacuum that allowed others to step in and take advantage of. He focused on work to the detriment of home life and the unhappiness that has resulted ultimately has led to his inability to work.

This is a possible second chance for SJ not just to save the lives of his child and wife. (I can't be entirely sure that DB is dead yet but for argument's sake let's assume so for now) It's also an opportunity for him to recalibrate his priorities and his trajectory as he comes to grips with his failures and mistakes. Sitting in front of Kim Jin-ho and apologizing is another step in that direction. SJ's world had become so narrowly work-focused and now he is forced to broaden his vision and see the world from a different place. 

It does appear that Yujung Construction is at the centre of this mysterious link between Ae-ri and Seo-jin. It could be another case of corporate corruption that runs very very deep and has gone on for some time if it's tied to Dad's death. Undoubtedly claims of shoddy workmanship or materials are just the tip of the iceberg. It's a cold consolation though that SJ doesn't seem to be involved in it. It's still uncertain to me if this is a revenge plot against Yujung and SJ just happens to be an obstacle that needs removing or if this is about Seo Do-kyun trying to ruin SJ's life for personal reasons. He does have these vaguely psychotic moments when the mask falls momentarily.

The production values of this drama proves once again why K dramas in general are way ahead of C dramas (which also have to contend with a censorious climate). The editing and the colouring of the drama is top-notch doing its bit for the storytelling. The way the show moves from the present to the past is slick and easy to follow particularly in the way the camera positions and frame the leads. Moreover I'm also impressed by the way the show uses the same location but under different circumstances to denote changs. For me it is interesting that present-day SJ hasn't been able for one reason or another to cross paths with present-day AR. It's clever how the show achieves that in the writing. 

I'm glad this show is working out for me with its mix of crime and temporal juggling because aside from Search, I'm not that interested in the current crop of K dramas. It's always a relief when dramas keep the mechanics simple and focus on the storytelling.

• Insightful 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Thank you @40somethingahjumma for the insightful review 🤩

On 11/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I imagine the real perpetrator(s) has offered to pay for his daughter's medical bills in exchange for his "services"

Yes~~~ I think so too. At first I thought he was out for revenge...but then it was revealed he has another very sick daughter. Huhuhu

I think in his own way he loved them but he fell into the trap of thinking that giving them a life of comfort and ease could supplant his actual direct input into their lives

It's also an opportunity for him to recalibrate his priorities and his trajectory as he comes to grips with his failures and mistakes.

yes~ I like that I can see how much he has changed between the months. Seojin9 is more empathatic, Seojin8 is indifferent to other peoples feelings. And it doesn't feel out of character as he changes as the circumstances around him changed. 

I'm excited to see what's in store in upcoming eps. They have revealed so much in only 4 episodes. I can't imagine what other twist the writer is going to throw into the mix 😆

-------

MBC has some Q&As on SNS. The latest one is what many of us asked...is Seojin the only one affected when the past change?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

I think this is a good description to describe the drama Kairos:

"Making a decision at the right time might avert Seo-jin’s tragic loss, but getting the timing wrong could endanger Ae-ri in the future. The strangers will have to decide exactly what the right timing is."

Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/11/05/two-characters-in-kairos-connect-despite-living-in-different-times/?sh=50c62cc6693e

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ooo I just got off eps 3 @katakwasabi...very intrigued.

Of course every thing that changes in the past would lead to a different outcome in the future.  As soon as AR has spoken to Seo Jin in her time line, SJ gets the memory implanted right?  He had that pain to his head while he was at home checking on something. While he managed to prevent her from going to jail, she ends up dead.  So I wonder if they are experiencing the passing of the days in exactly the same speed but just one month apart?

So who is using Kim Ji Ho? Why would they want AR dead? So that she can't help SJ? I am guessing mum was taken so that AR would go look for KJH. So does it mean that whoever is pulling the strings in this strange phenomenon has foreseen all the different possible scenarios? My head is spinning but I do like that the drama has raised the stakes

Some interesting comments from k netz : credit https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/11/naver-tv-kairos-episode-3-comments-and.html

There are more  for some other scenes there but these caught my attention

1. [+53][-2] Ah seriously a god-tier drama has come out after a while, please watch Kairos

2. [+33][-3] The ability to make you focus and the immersion are no joke. I just started watching by chance and ended up watching to the end with my husband, the acting is good too ㅎㅎ

3. [+25][-0]  Kim Seojin should listen to what Han Yuri is saying?!

4. [+22][-0] As expected, I watched totally immersed today too!!! I'm excited for tomorrow

5. [+21][-0] If you compare it to a well-made American TV show, the immersion isn't much different.. 

1. [+144][-3] What is it??? Why did he go find Han Yeri's mother and what was her mother so afraid of that she discharged herself and basically ran away without even telling her daughter any news..ㅠㅠ  It seems there's a connection between Seojin's daughter's death and Han Yeri's mother's disappearance; the fact that they can contact each other from the past and the future probably isn't a coincidence... I think there's especially a reason that they can only call at 10:33 - 10:34...

2. [+119][-2] I'm getting goosebumps. When will the ratings rise?!

3. [+98][-1] The highlight of today's directing was showing the different colour schemes with streetlights and capture the past and future on one screen in the future! This drama is a feast for production + endings. 

4. [+88][-1] I wonder how many times Yeri's fate will change

5. [+84][-1] Writer-nim, are you a genius?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ooo I just got off eps 3 @katakwasabi...very intrigued.

Of course every thing that changes in the past would lead to a different outcome in the future.  As soon as AR has spoken to Seo Jin in her time line, SJ gets the memory implanted right?  He had that pain to his head while he was at home checking on something. While he managed to prevent her from going to jail, she ends up dead.  So I wonder if they are experiencing the passing of the days in exactly the same speed but just one month apart?

I think it's the same speed but with new actions. Before this Aeri didn't exist in his memories and now he's getting flashbacks as the new events happen in the past. Only Seojin realizes the changes because only he is directly connected to the past via his phone. The other characters change accordingly everytime the past is changed but they don't experience what Seojin feels...to the other characters the present is the present, not a new present. 

MBC explained this via a Q&A on SNS

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So who is using Kim Ji Ho? Why would they want AR dead? So that she can't help SJ? I am guessing mum was taken so that AR would go look for KJH. So does it mean that whoever is pulling the strings in this strange phenomenon has foreseen all the different possible scenarios? My head is spinning but I do like that the drama has raised the stakes

Ahahaha. Let's discuss after you watched ep 4. Most of my theories basicly went down the drain after ep 4 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1

The moment I saw she went to meet him at his apartment, I had a hunch the scenario would turn out this way! Now I want to know if the daughter is even Seo Jin's! Ahn Bo Hyun - knew he was too good to be just a right-hand man for Seo Jin! Sigh, I had wished he plays a good guy this time. Nonetheless, a nice twist. I feel sorry for Seo Jin now. I mean, he's in pain right now and all for nothing! Technically he's also a victim of the past incident too, but they lay the blame on him for this... wae? That's where I'm interested to know.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1