Kairos finale predictions! 🧐   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for the final episodes?!!!

• Yes 🥳 but sad it's ending.
    • No because I'm sad it's ending 😭
  2. 2. After multiple deaths in ep 1-14, who will really die in the end? If no answer is listed, share your choice in the comments~ (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kwak Sung Ja (Ae Ri omma)
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • Chairman Yoo
  3. 3. Who will survive until the end? If your choice is not listed, share it in the comments 🤓 (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kim Da Bin
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Kim Jin Ho
  4. 4. Who is the evillest villain of all? 😠. Missed a villain in the list, share your villain of choice in the comments too~ (multiple choice)

• Chairman Yoo
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Lee Taek Gyu
    • Park Joo Young
    • Baseball - the preemptions! 😠
  5. 5. Who is Kim Da Bin's biological dad?

• Definitely, Kim Seo Jin!!
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • It doesn't matter who her biological dad is...Kim Seo Jin will always be Dabin's appa.
  6. 6. Final question...if Kim Seo Jin and Ae Ri survives till the end....are they the OTP?

• Yes! 💯 they are meant to be~
    • Yes but as best buddies only.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2020 at 04:42 AM

@mademoiselle The future Seojin and Dokyun remember everything after they experience talking to Aeri in the past. Future Seojin remember everything from the kidnapping. Future Dokyun does not remember the kidnapping (because for him the incident didn't happen due to Aeri's interception), his additional memories start from the accident because he only talked to Aeri after the car accident. Both Seojin and Dogyun in Aeri timeline are oblivious of future incidents or incidents that never happened.

The rule is: those in the future who talk to Aeri in the past remembers new events. There are only 3 people who talked to past Aeri via Seojin's phone: Seojin (kidnapping), Dogyun (accident) and Aeri omma (aeri's death). Aeri omma is currently unconcious in the hospital, so we don't get to see her having new memories.

Another rule: everything in Aeri's timeline is permanent. So anything that happens there is fixed and will remain in memory. For example Geun wook. GW from the future never talked to Aeri in the past. So he doesn't have the same experience as Seojin and Dogyun. He remembers Seojin because he picked up his call once and saved Aeri because of it. He met Seojin when Aeri was caught for kidnapping attempt. Future Geunwook remembers all these incidents because all of them has happened for him, he does not get new info from special flashbacks.

Another rule: all characters change according to any change made in the past and has no recollection of incidents that never happened (except for Seojin and Dogyun). The easiest example is Hyunchae. Hyunchae does not remember her attempt to kill Seojin at the villa. The cops also didn't remember any of Aeri previous murder attempts.

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

When Ae Ri et al. intercepted the kidnapping, SJ forgot about this supernatural phone call exchange remember? After that he's only getting flashbacks. Only after the accident that he remembers most of it. So logically, Do Kyun should experience the same effect. Either way, it doesn't explain away why Do Kyun is at the studio apartment when Hyun Chae is alive

Future Seojin didn't forget the phonecall exchange...future Seojin was unconcious during the kidnapping attempt. I think you've mixed up future and past Seojin/Dogyun 😅. Seojin in Aeri timeline during the kidnapping is oblivious to any phonecalls happened, becuase the phonecalls didn't happen yet. Flashbacks is exclusive to future characters. Those in the present aka Aeri timeline does not experience flashbacks.

As explained above, Dogyun still remembers the accident. This was said by future Seojin in ep 14. He said to Dogyun: 'In one timeline, the kidnapping did happen, I remember it all until the villa incident but you won't remember it. You only remember the accident and what happens after.'

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But this is exactly what I mean. I feel the show/writer resorts to some of these things purposely to create suspense/tension/delay. Just like it is completely irrational that AR's mother refuses to share the secret information and that AR did not press the issue and try to explain to her mother why that information is crucial. These things where even we, watchers, will say "come on, don't do that".

I find mum reaction understandable. But as a viewer I too feel frustrated just like Aeri. I view this from Aeri's point of view. The drama is refreshing to me because we learn new info along with the characters. Aeri has repeatedly ask her mum what is she hiding, just like viewers asking the same thing. But mum being a mum thinks that the best to do, hiding the bad things from her daughter to protect her. Aeri's kidnapping was omma's wakeup call. When she finally realizes it's no use trying to keep this from her daughter and that it's not the right way to protect her. We get to see character growth as the story progress. Mum has changed so much from start to now.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you also think it is logical for the files to be with him when HC survives and he has no more reason to find or follow SJ?

I thought about it too... but right now no time to trace back the past episodes and check. Where should the file be then? With mum? KJH? I do feel that SJ is somehow included in the loop already. It seems like once you have that knowledge of the two timeline, you will retain memories of it. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I thought about it too... but right now no time to trace back the past episodes and check. Where should the file be then? With mum? KJH? I do feel that SJ is somehow included in the loop already. It seems like once you have that knowledge of the two timeline, you will retain memories of it. 

Half the files is with Seojin. Kim Jin Ho delivered half the files to him. Kim Jin Ho got the files from Aeri omma at the hospital in earlier eps. He sent enough info to make Seojin start investigating the collapse 19 years ago. Jin Ho kept half the documents and the pendrive. 

That's why they are still tracking Kim Jin Ho in the future. KJH contacted Aeri omma via a payphone and he went to deliver the file to her officetel. This is the file Dogyun took.

In Aeri's timeline, Aeri is trying to get in touch with Kim Jin Ho. But Kim Jin Ho is on the run, so Aeri and gang went to the hospital to drop of her number for Kim Jin Ho to contact. When JH got the number, he contacted Aeri omma and omma told him to give the files to Aeri. That's why Aeri and GW went to meet him and basicly arrived just in time to save his life. Interesting thing is...the files is not at Kim Jin Ho's house. He kept it somewhere else. Now Kim Jin Ho is in a coma. Therefore the future scene that he met Aeri omma at the officetel didn't happen. And the files under Dogyun's bed vanished.

In Aeri timeline, she told future Seojin that impossible to get the file now because JH is in a coma. What they can hope for is JH to wake up in the future, so they can find where the document is. The scene that JH moved his finger is in Seojin's timeline, a month after KJH murder attempt.

A lot of things changed because Lee Taek Gyu got caught in the past. That introduced the corrupt policeman into the mix, a new viarable that the protagonists didn't expect.

A speculation is corrupt policeman is Soojung's dad. That's why she was so out of it when she visited mum at the officetel after Aeri's death. Huhuhu

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

On 12/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Thank you @katakwasabi for helping to explain to us! Haha, must pay closer attention now so as not to be confused...

Haha. I don't look or do other stuff while watching to avoid missing any info and I still find new info when I rewatched 😆.

@abs-oluteM @40somethingahjumma @ktcjdrama @Chocolate @mademoiselleSome Knetz analyzed Kairos posters. The analysis for the group poster is interesting because I never tried to decipher a kdrama poster before 🤓.

1) the arrangement of characters is anti-clockwise, as if turning back time.

2) 10:33:00 is written near Seojin, Aeri and Dogyun. There's no 10:33:00 around Hyunchae. As if to tell which character will experience or understand the time crossing.

IqxOnjWlkWk5-YND2q1zmj17xg0Y.jpg&type=sc

Source:

1) https://twitter.com/kairosplz/status/1340303839820304385?s=20

2) https://twitter.com/Da_Mukum/status/1340319179765780480?s=20

3) https://twitter.com/20xxspoduck/status/1340304370500395009?s=20

• Insightful 4

Kairos finale theory time!

What if they manage to save future Aeri but future Seojin dies while exposing Chairman Yoo....and the 10:33 phonecall is passed to future Aeri who will contact either herself or past Seojin to save future Seojin too~ end of ep 15 or season 2 start? Hahaha

ps: the 1033 from Kairos # below hahaha

KPOP_KDrama_KAIROS_2020.png

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Haha. I don't look or do other stuff while watching to avoid missing any info and I still find new info when I rewatched 😆.

Haha, I also don’t look and do other stuff when watching Kairos... Honest!... I think my major problem is that I am watching too many other dramas at the same time 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 Poor information retention. Must change my way and be selective (yeah, right...) 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Preview article for ep 15: 

http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0015345914&code=61181111&cp=nv

Can we find clues to the crisis that never ends in'Kairos'?

In the 15th episode of MBC's monthly mini-series'Kairos', which airs today (21st) at 9:20 pm, Se-young Lee (played by Han Ae-ri) and Seung-yoon Kang (played by Lim Geon-wook) follow the clues of the evidence containing the confession of Shin Gu (played by Yu Seo-il).

Previously, Kim Seo-jin (played by Shin Seong-rok) and Han A-ri (played by Lee Se-young) faced a challenge where even the whereabouts of the audio file could not be known due to Kim Jin-ho (played by Ko Gyu-pil) being unconscious. In the midst of a devastating situation, at the end of the broadcast, along with the news that Kim Jin-ho had awakened, Yu Seo-il (played by Shin Koo), threatening him, appeared, raising questions about the next episode.

Among these, the tense atmosphere of Han Aeri and Kang Seung-yoon is contained, which stimulates curiosity. When the two arrived at a certain place and looked at something with anxiety, their faces were hardening, making them wonder what kind of situation they faced.

In addition, Im Gun-wook, who arrived at the hospital, was also revealed talking to Kim Jin-ho, attracting attention. Lim Gun-wook's urgent expression asking where the voice file was located makes him guess his desperateness. It is paying attention to whether Kim Jin-ho can make the right choice even in the situation where his daughter, who has only one Yu Seo-il, can make the right choice, and whether Han A-ri and Lim Gun-wook can fight back in search of an audio file.

-----------------

Preview for eps 16

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Lyrics for OST 16....I'm not ready to say goodbye to Kairos 😭

OST 16: Still - Langyee

Now this goodbye has hit me
So I’m calling out to you
Though I know it’s useless
I’m going back on my way

Our times, those days, this season
Prevent me from forgetting you
In those times, those days, this season
I still remain

81795467_1608525911227_1_600x600.jpg

Full lyrics

Spoiler

I’m all alone here
Just longing for you
In case I feel this heartache
I’m hesitating, hesitating
What if I end up losing you?
So I’m going back on my way

I still remain

Now this goodbye has hit me
So I’m calling out to you
Though I know it’s useless
I’m going back on my way

I still remain

• Like 2

What an awesome finale episode!! *throwsconfetti~~

Good pacing for the final episode. Not rushed but no lax too. I love how they finally find a sure way to trap Chairman Yoo, although with some risks. And special applause to the police team. First time seeing a supporting team who is not frustrating me, haha. There are some good quotes all over and everything is all accounted for. This writer is brilliant in writing such difficult time-slip drama. Kairos gets a 10/10 from me! Fully satisfied! 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Party! 3

MTDzeiV.gif

That was a lowkey finale... as it should be, I think. After all the frenzy and histrionics of the last 15 episodes, all is well with the world. All is calm, all is bright. The campfire scene was lovely. All the key participants in MIssion Kairos sitting together doing family and friendship things... chatting and eating. I suppose now too that Seo-jin has plenty of time to spend with Da Bin. 

I loved Geun-wook's backhanded confession, it was both sweet and humorous. "I don't do this for everyone you know. So dense" Among all the supporting characters, I enjoyed his redemptive and growth arc the most. I'm so impressed with what the writer did with him from start to finish. It's reminiscent of the actor's arc in Prison Playbook. It's almost as if Geun-wook relived the Jean Valjean storyline there but his evolution here was much clearer. I feel like he would make for a good son-in-law down the track because he is so attentive to both Ae-ri and Song-ja.

In a way the Mission Kairos team did do a bit of finagling with the phone recording made by future SJ but I'm entirely fine with it because well, it's the chairman who has bucked the system long enough, paying people off and committing murder to cover his tracks. But I'm glad that they did finally get their hands on the USB with the original recording made by SJ's father with watertight evidence to hopefully put the chairman away and see him rot in jail. 

I don't have problems speaking ill of the dead... so I will. Even right to the end, Seo Do-kyun was a pain in the neck and his knife fight with Crazy Dad that saw him killed threw a spanner in the works. To be honest, Hyun-chae didn't deserve his grand gesture and in the end it was apparently meaningless as well. But the show wanted to make him the classic tragic figure -- he sacrificed himself for love. Well, I'm not even sure that's true either. It felt like he sacrificed himself so that she would always remember him. Because during his call to Seo-jin, he asked what HC was like after he was killed in the other timeline. I think he was happy that she loved him enough to mourn for him and that he would be remembered forever and after. He was a sentimental fool. However, considering the impediments he created along the way... he may have got off a tad easily. But then his death adds somewhat to HC's suffering... so I can't decide.

As I said previously, Hyun-chae being stripped of everything is the best punishment for her. Seeing her wander around on the streets in the rain after being released from detention imagining DK beside is a fitting end to her arc. Considering that she would be desperate enough later on to blackmail and kill... in another timeline, this is comeuppance that's not too harsh.

I'm sure everyone has their own opinion regarding this but I really think this was a well-written crime thriller with a temporal device to shake things up. The temporal device was used in large part to create a perpetual sense of unpredictability about how the future would unfold. I thought it was fitting that SJ and AR sat down and marked out their own timeline of what had happened and how they used that to plan ahead and/or mitigate the consequences of what others might or might not do. "Variables" was always the key word. That's why the best laid plans of mice and men can often go awry because there no one can factor in all the variables. With Chairman Yoon and his seemingly boundless resources, that was always going to be the case. He had his willing minions to do his bidding. I thought it was also interesting that AR made the point that putting out little fires here and there don't work if they aren't privy to all the variables. Knowledge is power... to some degree but its application requires wisdom that comes from experience. In the end they won the game because they learned to play the rules... not perfectly but creatively to get the final outcome. When I saw SJ's notes and AR's calendar with all their meticulous planning, it made me think of what the showrunners had to do to put this production together. The storyboards must have been a nightmare. The time and the effort to consider all the alternatives and how they would play out. In some ways, I can imagine that this project was a much more challenging one than Signal. It isn't just two timelines that the show was dealing with. Three at least maybe even four. The production notes must have been nuts. Just to keep track of all the moving parts, I don't envy them at all. But all praise to the writer, director, cast and crew for a job well done. 

Like everyone, I'm just happy that the show took it's time with the resolution and made sure everyone who was anyone was dealt with properly. My favourite from the last episode was when Kim Jin-ho sat down with Seo-jin and apologized to him about his involvement in the planned kidnapping. It was a teary moment for me. It was SJ's response that got to me. He promised that he would ask for leniency because he was a father... and he understood... and he knew that a daughter needs her father. He used Ji-ah's name to personalize the encounter. He didn't rub the other man's nose in the mud but just reminded him of the fact that they needed to all move on. It was a really great scene.

As I've said all throughout the drama's run, that this was one man's second chance to get it right. Shin Sun-rok did a good job to my mind of taking the journey from a man who thought the world was his oyster that he could control everything but in the end found out that much of his life was a lie. It was very much his story to rethink the way his life was going and whether it was how he really wanted to live. It was that bolt of lightning from heaven he needed to see life from a much broader perspective. It was a humbling experience for him but he became all the richer for it. He now has some friends.

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I loved Geun-wook's backhanded confession, it was both sweet and humorous. "I don't do this for everyone you know. So dense" Among all the supporting characters, I enjoyed his redemptive and growth arc the most. I'm so impressed with what the writer did with him from start to finish. It's reminiscent of the actor's arc in Prison Playbook. It's almost as if Geun-wook relived the Jean Valjean storyline there but his evolution here was much clearer. I feel like he would make for a good son-in-law down the track because he is so attentive to both Ae-ri and Song-ja.

Me too...I saw the raw cuts and it was so sweet. If romance is on the cards , I would want  GW and AR together given all that they had gone through.  AR was fortunate that she had GW who helped her alot in her timeline - for one he believed her from quite early on.

Final bTS

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...