P R O F I L E . 

Stage Name: Park Seo Jun

Birth Name: Park Yong Gyu

Birthdate: December 16th, 1988

Birth Place: Seoul, Korea
Nationality: Korean

Height: 185cm (~6'1")

Blood Type: AB

Management Company: Awesome Ent. (established by his long-time manager)

S O C I A L   M E D I A .
Instagram - bn_sj2013
YouTube - Record Park's

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

M O V I E S .
(2011) Perfect Game
(2015) The Chronicles of Evil
(2015) The Beauty Inside (Cameo
(2017) Midnight Runners
(2018) Be With You (Cameo)
(2019) The Divine Fury
(2019) Parasite (Cameo)
(2021) Dream
(2022) Concrete Utopia

D R A M A S .
(2012) Dream High 2
(2012) Shut Up Family
(2013) I Summon You, Gold!
(2013) One Warm Word
(2014) A Witch's Love
(2014) Mama
(2015) Kill Me, Heal Me
(2015)She Was Pretty
(2016) Hwarang
(2017) Fight for My Way
(2018) What's Wrong with Secretary Kim
(2020) Itaewon Class

A W A R D S .
2014 SBS Drama Awards
New Star Award (One Warm Word)
2015 36th Blue Dragon Film Awards
Popularity Award
2015 MBC Drama Awards
Excellent Actor (Kill Me, Heal Me/She Was Pretty)
Ten Star Award (Kill Me, Heal Me/She Was Pretty)
Netizen Award (Kill Me, Heal Me/She Was Pretty)
Best Couple Award (Kill Me, Heal Me)
2017 54th Daejong Film Awards
Best New Actor (Midnight Runners)
2017 KBS Drama Awards
Excellent Actor (Fight for My Way)
Netizen Award (Fight for My Way)
Best Couple Award (Fight for My Way)

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, UnniSara said:

@Tofu Hi. Which did you like him best and which drama do you recommend for me to watch?? 

Hi Hi! It depends on what kind of genre you're looking for. I really liked Fight For My Way and Itaewon Class because they were a bit more realistic in terms of personal growth in the characters. If you're wanting more fluff, then definitely She Was Pretty and What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. I think What's Wrong with Secretary Kim has a huge following because everyone seemed to like it. I wouldn't recommend Hwarang unless you have some free time. Haha! That drama had all the potential to be great, it just never really got there. The bromance among the male actors that resulted from the drama, post-airing, was a bit more exciting than the drama itself. Haha! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 11/18/2020 at 3:05 PM, Tofu said:

Hi Hi! It depends on what kind of genre you're looking for. I really liked Fight For My Way and Itaewon Class because they were a bit more realistic in terms of personal growth in the characters. If you're wanting more fluff, then definitely She Was Pretty and What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. I think What's Wrong with Secretary Kim has a huge following because everyone seemed to like it. I wouldn't recommend Hwarang unless you have some free time. Haha! That drama had all the potential to be great, it just never really got there. The bromance among the male actors that resulted from the drama, post-airing, was a bit more exciting than the drama itself. Haha! 

Hwarang. Ugh. I had such high hopes for it because I grew up with the Hwarang legends and have been fascinated by those warriors who were also trained in the literature and arts.

To be fair, once I got over it and gave it a proper watch, I appreciated the eye candy of the guys that they cast to be Hwarang and it wasn't just all horrible. It was also the debut performance of V of BTS who did a lovely job as the fey puppy of the group who had to balance his role as the only legitimate male heir of his ambitious family with his own personal desires to just be happy and be with the people he loved. Park Hyung Sik was the stand out performance from this drama as the hidden King who wanted to claim his throne and found himself going up against his own mother who held the regency. Surprisingly, the worst part of this drama was in the romance depicted. The lead actress Go Ara did not put in a scintillating performance in this drama, which is why I'm so shocked that I like her so much in Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol where she is doing a fantastic job.

Agreed that the bromance among the actors which have lasted well beyond the drama is one of the most fun outcomes from this drama.

Switching dramas, I wanted to post this YT clip of PSJ singing an OST for A Witch's Love. The drama was a remake of a HK drama called My Queen which I like. A Witch's Love is actually better than it should have been, and PSJ was fantastic in it. He doesn't sing that often, I think, and he's not the best actor/singer out there perhaps, but I loved his OST from that drama that it still comes up on my playlist with some frequency.

• Like 4

Hi hi~

Seo Joon is also one of my many Oppas. He's also one of the earlier ones too. I find him quite consistent in delivering good projects, especially rom-com/comedy. Although I don't love Kill Me Heal Me but Oh Ri On has my heart over any of the 7 Ji Sung's characters. Really liked him in She Was Pretty with Choi Si Won and Hwang Jung Eum. His aura in Secretary Kim is something to look out of and Itaewon Class - how can anyone not love Saeroyi's badass-ness?

I'm happy to know that he'll return to Youn's Kitchen and this time with his best mate Woo Sik! Looking forward to this. And when is he returning with a new drama for us?!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm happy to know that he'll return to Youn's Kitchen and this time with his best mate Woo Sik! Looking forward to this. And when is he returning with a new drama for us?!

Woo Shik's extended cameo in Fight My Way was so much fun! As much as I love their cameos in each other's projects (PSJ had a cameo in the movie Parasite as well), I wish that the two of them would do an entire drama together, actually.

Though, I'll be happy for PSJ to do any project at all really. Even his weaker dramas are pretty good, for me anyway.

• Like 3
On 11/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, stroppyse said:

Surprisingly, the worst part of this drama was in the romance depicted. The lead actress Go Ara did not put in a scintillating performance in this drama, which is why I'm so shocked that I like her so much in Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol where she is doing a fantastic job.

Yes, agreed! I think that was the downfall of that drama for me and also the first time I watched Go Ara. I don't think I watched her dramas again until DDSSLLS. 

Thanks for sharing his singing clip! I have to admit, I have not seen A Witch's Love. It was a remake of the Taiwanese drama, My Queen, and during the time I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I might have to go back to watch it because my love for PSJ might outweigh everything now. :laugh:

On 11/29/2020 at 1:15 AM, mademoiselle said:

Although I don't love Kill Me Heal Me but Oh Ri On has my heart over any of the 7 Ji Sung's characters.

Haha! I love PSJ more than anyone, but even I don't know if it I can agree with this. Ji Sung's characters were so good. :laugh:

On 11/29/2020 at 3:30 AM, stroppyse said:

I wish that the two of them would do an entire drama together, actually.

YES! I have the same wish too. I would love to see them in a drama together but I don't know if CWS will accept a drama role any time soon. He's been exclusively working on movies for the past few years. Maybe PSJ can convince him and we will see them both in a drama someday? :yoongibtspls:

They just wrapped up filming for Youn's Kitchen last week so hopefully it'll be release soon! :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Thanks for sharing his singing clip! I have to admit, I have not seen A Witch's Love. It was a remake of the Taiwanese drama, My Queen, and during the time I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I might have to go back to watch it because my love for PSJ might outweigh everything now. 

So, I actually loved My Queen and Ethan Juan in the role, and I was skeptical when it was remade with a wider age gap (both in RL and in the drama). However, the Korean version was surprisingly good. Some of it was nonsense, as you'll know if you see it, mostly because the Taiwanese versions tend to be able to take things further whereas Koreans are weirdly puritanical in a number of ways in their dramas. Also, PSJ at the time was not nearly as intense an actor as Ethan Juan is, but the role was adapted for PSJ's lighter style with somber notes but also a lot of comedy, both physical and repartee. 

Also, Park Seo Joon and Yoon Hyun Min playing his best friend and business partner had a really adorable bromance going on. Just don't think about My Queen as you're watching it, and you might really enjoy it. Plus, there is PSJ's OST which I think is really lovely.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

YES! I have the same wish too. I would love to see them in a drama together but I don't know if CWS will accept a drama role any time soon. He's been exclusively working on movies for the past few years. Maybe PSJ can convince him and we will see them both in a drama someday? 

That's true. I think CWS has been getting better roles in the movies than in the dramas as well. The last drama lead I can remember him in was Hogu's Love with UE, and that was an okay drama at best. For whatever reason, CWS can't seem to get any really good roles as either lead or second lead in dramas whereas he kills it in all sorts of movie genres.

I guess it's more likely that we might see CWS and PSJ cast into a movie either as a bromance or as antagonists.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

PSJ is pretty dishy, especially because he can be a bit nerdy at times. It's quite cute and sweet!

Hahahaha I had to google "dishy" and now I'm stuck whether I should take the British or US interpretation. I'm incline to think you meant the British's meaning but I'm not sure since you're American. Do clarify. :psweatduck: 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha I had to google "dishy" and now I'm stuck whether I should take the British or US interpretation. I'm incline to think you meant the British's meaning but I'm not sure since you're American. Do clarify. :psweatduck: 

LOL. So, when you describe a person as a "dish" or is quite "dishy", it means that they are very attractive and yummy. That is the same in the British and American vernaculars.

If you talk about "dish" to describe informational stuff, though, as in "Dish the dirt" or "that is a dishy magazine", it tends to mean being gossipy. I think this latter use is more American, though I've known some Brits who would say that.

I hope this is what you meant about Brit vs US definitions, and hopefully, this is clearer now. I wouldn't dare come on PSJ's thread and talk about him as anything other than a sex god. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 1:34 PM, stroppyse said:

LOL. So, when you describe a person as a "dish" or is quite "dishy", it means that they are very attractive and yummy. That is the same in the British and American vernaculars.

If you talk about "dish" to describe informational stuff, though, as in "Dish the dirt" or "that is a dishy magazine", it tends to mean being gossipy. I think this latter use is more American, though I've known some Brits who would say that.

I hope this is what you meant about Brit vs US definitions, and hopefully, this is clearer now. I wouldn't dare come on PSJ's thread and talk about him as anything other than a sex god. :laugh:

Oh crap, I read this at work and forgot to respond after work. Thank you for clarifying.

MAMA's new update

EpcFH2gVoAAxVrm?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Tothestars said:

So he and woosik are best friend?

Yes, they are! Park Seo Jun is part of a pretty famous friend group that consist of Choi Woo Shik, Park Hyung Sik, V from BTS, and Peakboy. They called themselves the Wooga Squad or something like that. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1