Fall in Love 一见倾心 [2021]

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

This drama is also airing through Viki and following the VIP schedule.  Woohoo for me, since I have an account there.  

I started this last night. I wasn't sure what to think after the first ep, but I was firmly on board after 4.  Haha.  I'm intrigued by the story, looking forward to seeing how it all comes together, and mostly, I cannot wait to see the FL's stepmother and half sister get theirs.  They are so annoying! 

oh good to know!!! 

Yes, I also wasn't sure how I felt about it after ep 1 but now that I'm done with ep 4, I am completely onboard. I also am curious to see how it will all unfold. I don't know what to think of Tan Xuanlin.. sometimes he just seems so annoying but I also see him being kind and compassionate. I think what he is showing everyone is a front.

As for Xu Guanyao, I feel like he might be different from his father Xo Bojun but I have to see more of him to figure out what his true character is. I wonder if Tan Xuanlin and Guanyao will eventually end up being on the same side.

Ugh, the stepmom and stepsister are so annoying! Can't wait for them to get what they deserve.

• Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

6 hours ago, Mouse said:

I don't know what to think of Tan Xuanlin.. sometimes he just seems so annoying but I also see him being kind and compassionate. I think what he is showing everyone is a front.

Definitely and that is what makes his character so interesting. The ML is playing a part to achieve his goals, and I think over the time the FL will see that he is not all that she believes him to be... he has many layers.  Honestly, the loyalty that he has towards his soldiers and the way he treats them and his little sister is enough of a clue as to his true character! 

6 hours ago, Mouse said:

As for Xu Guanyao, I feel like he might be different from his father Xo Bojun but I have to see more of him to figure out what his true character is. I wonder if Tan Xuanlin and Guanyao will eventually end up being on the same side.

Also agree with this.  Right now they don't trust each other, but in the end, I think they will find they are not on opposite sides and start to work together and be friends.  

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

I love how smart Tan Xuanlin is! I didn’t understand in the beginning why he had arranged for the stepsister to be the secretary but as it turned out, he actually used the opportunity to not only get the 50,000 he needed but also got her to spend a night in confinement. He is always a few steps ahead of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I love how smart Tan Xuanlin is! I didn’t understand in the beginning why he had arranged for the stepsister to be the secretary but as it turned out, he actually used the opportunity to not only get the 50,000 he needed but also got her to spend a night in confinement. He is always a few steps ahead of the game. 

Yes! In every thing he does, he finds a way to have his cake and eat it too! In the end FL still gets to be the secretary, but he gets the money to pay his soldiers as well. 

Can’t wait for the FL to figure out it was never just about the money. But that he also set up allll the trappings to be able to return them to original point too. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

34 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Can’t wait for the FL to figure out it was never just about the money. But that he also set up allll the trappings to be able to return them to original point too

yes! I think she’s going to realize soon that there is always a good reason for the things he does and his approach to doing things. 

He’s clearly bothered by what he read in her diary and how she’s being mistreated so he’s helping her to get revenge in the process. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

He’s clearly bothered by what he read in her diary and how she’s being mistreated so he’s helping her to get revenge in the process. 

Agreed! And I too can’t wait to see that happen, haha. I can’t emphasize enough what I said earlier about how her family sucking and how I can’t wait to see the stepmom and half sister, especially, brought to their knees 😂

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

41 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Agreed! And I too can’t wait to see that happen, haha. I can’t emphasize enough what I said earlier about how her family sucking and how I can’t wait to see the stepmom and half sister, especially, brought to their knees

It’s also interesting that Tan Xuanlin thought to put Xu Guanling in the Mu home so that he could help protect Wanxing from her own family. Although he’s obviously starting to feel jealous! 

Tan Xuanlin flirting though is such a sight to see and I’m really enjoying all the interactions between the leads. 

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

Tan Xuanlin flirting though is such a sight to see and I’m really enjoying all the interactions between the leads. 

Same, same. The little looks, the glances… they can’t help but look in each others’ direction!

I especially loved the musical chairs moment at the movie premiere. Lol. 

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

2 hours ago, Yana said:

@themarchioness @Mouse yall going really fast, I havent start it yet, any SL couple in this? 

It looks like there are 3 couples in this one - the leads, the ML’s sister and one of the generals and then the actress and the other general. Right now I’m just invested in the leads. Not really feeling anything for the other 2 couples. There hasn’t really been much screen time for the other couples either because there’s already so much happening between the leads, the Mu family conflict and the army. 

• Like 1

I have to say that apart from the beautiful costumes, the sets are also amazing. Makes me wonder what the budget must be for this drama. :wow:

Gosh, I'm really enjoying this drama so far. Ep 8 and 9 didn't disappoint. Tan Xuanlin is always testing the character and loyalty of those around him to see who he can trust. I love that Wanqing is just as clever as he is and is able to discern the motives behind his actions. I think it's this that he finds quite attractive about her, she's clearly got a brain. 

I think TX is a good judge of character and likely sees potential in Guanling which is why he is always testing him. So far Guanling seems to be an upright character as Wanqing says he is and I really hope he stays that way and becomes a good ally to TX. 

Interesting that the assassin is from the south. I do wonder who is behind the attempted assassination. I think Guanling is right in that the intent was to sow discord between them. 

The scene where Wanqing is tending TX's wounds is so sweet :wow: the look TX gives her turns me to mush.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

It looks like there are 3 couples in this one - the leads, the ML’s sister and one of the generals and then the actress and the other general. Right now I’m just invested in the leads.

Definitely, the OTP are the strength of this show. I do like the sister and the friend of the SML though, as I can see the potential in that relationship. Mostly, though, when it comes to the sister, I can't wait for her and the FL to have a relationship. I can see Tan Xuanlin having his hands full with the two women in his life joined against him, haha! 

6 hours ago, Mouse said:

I love that Wanqing is just as clever as he is and is able to discern the motives behind his actions. I think it's this that he finds quite attractive about her, she's clearly got a brain. 

Yes, this!  I really like this about our FL.  No dummies here.  And that includes the ML.  :)

I've got dinner in hand now, so I'm about to go watch today's eps!  The best part of my day.  Hurrah. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

My Fanfics

I forgot to say in my earlier post that I'm not convinced the actress and the other friend of the SML's will be a couple in the end.  We'll have to see what happens there but I feel fairly certain there will be more to the actress's story as the drama unfolds. 

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

So far Guanling seems to be an upright character as Wanqing says he is and I really hope he stays that way and becomes a good ally to TX. 

I appreciate that, unlike his friends, he didn't jump to conclusions with the assassins. I mean, when XG and his friends had that whole conversation with TX in front of the assassin about why they wanted to interrogate themselves, I was like, omg, if the assassin hadn't thought to pin the blame on TX, surely you guys just gave him the idea right now! LOL.  

Right now TX and XG don't trust each other and are constantly testing each other, but I look forward to the day they realize they really want the same things and start working together. They will be a formidable couple of their own, haha.  

As for TX's sister, I noticed in Episode 7 that she refers to TX as "second brother."  Which suggests they have an older brother.  I'm interested to know more about that given how it sounds like TX took over his father's mantle and has been leading that army ever since his family was ruined.  What about the older brother then?  

I'm also glad we got the flashback to how the sister and SML's friend met previously in Beijing.  It explains a lot her crush on him and gives more depth to her character.  Even though I wanted to shake her when she put herself in danger at the hotel! 

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

The scene where Wanqing is tending TX's wounds is so sweet :wow:

Ahhh, that was my favorite!!!  I also liked when he called her out on the amulet.  Hee hee. 

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

I have to say that apart from the beautiful costumes, the sets are also amazing.

@Mouse, have you watched Arsenal Military Academy?

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

have you watched Arsenal Military Academy?

unfortunately no, I haven’t seen it. Is it good?

and yes, I appreciate that they showed us a bit of the history between Pei Xu and TX’s sister. They look cute together and I hope to see them develop as well. 

I feel like the actress might be the 2nd FL in this one. Sometimes I get the impression she likes TX

not just as a little uncle. They’re not really related after all. 

I think both TX and Guanling are clever and they actually recognize that in each other which is why as much as they distrust each other, they also have a certain amount of respect. 

I didn’t catch the sister calling TX second brother but good catch! I wonder if the older brother is still alive or if he had been killed. Seems to me like TX’s family has some grudges. Not really sure I follow the history though… 

@Yana it’s addictive right? I can’t say I blame you for watching 8 episodes! I’m hooked!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mouse said:
3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

have you watched Arsenal Military Academy?

unfortunately no, I haven’t seen it. Is it good?

Yes, it's also a Republican era drama, which is why I mentioned it since you commented on this drama's set and costumes.  Watching this one makes me think of Arsenal at times.  And Xu Kai especially, lol.  After all, there are few things that look better than Xu Kai in leather duster coats and leather pants.  :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I feel like the actress might be the 2nd FL in this one. Sometimes I get the impression she likes TX

not just as a little uncle.

I've caught those vibes too and every time she tosses one of those special glances his way, I think, oh gosh, I hope this isn't going to turn into one of those things where she becomes envious and starts doing bad things too.  I'd rather her just experience heartbreak and move onto someone else!

6 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I didn’t catch the sister calling TX second brother but good catch!

That's because it wasn't translated as such.  The English subs just had her saying, "Brother," but I heard her saying "Er Ge" (Er = two/second, Ge = brother) and so went to find a raw video that would have the Chinese subs to confirm she said, "Er Ge."  The only reason she'd have to refer to him that way is if they had an older brother. 

8 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Not really sure I follow the history though…

I don't blame you, I feel the same.  But it's because this era of China's history is particularly confusing!  I mostly just go along with the flow and figure the storytelling will round out the missing pieces sooner or later, but if some background helps this drama is taking place during the Warlord period of the Republican era.

• Thanks 1

My Fanfics

@themarchioness that video is giving me all the feels!!! :heart:

They look sooooo good together! I also cannot wait for them to finally start dating each other.

I found this one too. I really like the theme song for this drama. I think it's sung very beautifully.

By the way @themarchioness I am going to check out Arsenal Military Academy. I'm a fan of Xu Kai so I have to check it out!! 

@Mouse Haha, I literally just watched that video a few minutes ago too.  Not at all stalking YouTube or counting down until the lunch hour so I can watch at least one episode this afternoon.... LOL. 

And yaaay for Arsenal.  I think you'll like it.  It's a little grittier in tone compared to this one, but interesting and well done.  It's also got some pretty comical moments too; it runs the full complement of emotions.  And if you're already a Xu Kai fan, you'll only fall harder!  I still think he looked best in that drama. 

• Haha 1

My Fanfics

36 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

@Mouse Haha, I literally just watched that video a few minutes ago too.  Not at all stalking YouTube or counting down until the lunch hour so I can watch at least one episode this afternoon.... LOL. 

And yaaay for Arsenal.  I think you'll like it.  It's a little grittier in tone compared to this one, but interesting and well done.  It's also got some pretty comical moments too; it runs the full complement of emotions.  And if you're already a Xu Kai fan, you'll only fall harder!  I still think he looked best in that drama. 

LOL great minds think alike! I am going to admit I paid the membership fee just so I can have full access to everything :laugh:

Xu Kai in uniform..... le sigh... :wow:

37 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I am going to admit I paid the membership fee just so I can have full access to everything

Hahaha. Hard core! Love it.

Thoughts after finishing Episode 9. I'll put it under a cut in case because of spoilers.

Spoiler

- Welp, we now have our answer as to what happened to TXL's older brother... sad.  (Dad's death is sad too, but we already knew about his passing.)  

- I found all the conversations concerning the real source of the assassination attempt to be fascinating! So many veiled comments; you really have to pay attention and read through the double speak to know what's being really said. Based on TXL's guess that the Republican party was being used as a scapegoat to assassinate him, I'm guessing Daddy Xu was the real perpetrator.  I'm also guessing that the Doctor who came to visit TXL after all these years is now a member of the Republican party (given the timing of his visit after having been out of contact for so many years, his caution to TXL to look beyond what's placed before him, and TXL's return caution about how his office is being tasked with routing all the Republican party members in Shanghai and his request that the Doctor not make things difficult for him).  

- XGY's decision to not go along with the opportunity to pin the assassination attempt on TXL is very admirable.  I like how he tells his friends that he just wants to do what he ought to do.  On the other hand, his Su Hong Chen's view of the matter (the conversation the friends had in the car) makes me wonder if he'll end up stepping out of line with his friends at some point.  He seems very much about keeping up with the party lines spouted by their warlord parents, but XGY and PSJ are more about finding their own way and doing what's right, so it makes me wonder.

- I'm also guessing Daddy Xu was responsible for the Tan family's downfall.... hm, I guess I'm open to blaming everything on him today, lol! 

- Though there weren't many OTP moments in this episode, I liked the few that we got.  Especially the part were WQ stopped by to see TXL in his office.  It's clear she cares for him and wants to help him, and once again, I'm impressed by her cleverness when she later figures out so quickly why TXL didn't want the help she'd offered earlier.  

I can't wait for TXL to burst in on that dinner meeting in Episode 10... haha!

Gah, what are we going to do tomorrow when we only get 1 episode?  

• Haha 1

My Fanfics

@themarchioness I am all caught up with today's episodes :duckhearts:

Thoughts for ep 9

Spoiler
  • I am somewhat relieved that TX's older brother had been killed along with their father as this means we don't have to worry about him potentially being a villain in this drama. It's sad though that TX has been leading the Tan army by himself at the age of 15. Not only was it such a difficult task but his family's honour was tainted with a lie. No wonder he is fighting so hard to uncover the truth and restore his father's reputation and also fight for the soldiers under his care. This explains why he appears to be reckless/brazen in ep 2. In a way, he's already lost everything so he's willing to gamble it all.

• I admire Guanyao's and Pei's character in that they are both integrity keepers. They are both more concerned about doing the right thing rather than "winning" or gaining their fathers' approval. @mademoiselle I, too, worry that Hong Chen might eventually veer off especially if he is trying to win the actress away from TX.

• @mademoiselle I had a hard time following the conversation regarding the republican party but I think I got the gist of it. What I didn't follow was why the Uncle Liao suddenly showed up so your explanation on who he might be with now makes total sense. 

Thoughts for ep 10

Spoiler
  • I love jealous TX! I love that he was smart enough to listen in from an adjacent room and switch the liquor with alcohol so that Wanqing would not get drunk. I have to say I was a little lost with why Wanqing got upset. Is it because she felt that TX didn't trust her?

• And can I just say that Anton Phil is just.... EWWWWW! Such a gross pervert!

• The scenes between TX and Wanqing while she was drunk was just too sweet! I love how uncomfortable TX was when Wanqing was getting so physical with him in the car. He was such a gentleman through the whole thing. And can I just say that him being petulant because he thinks that Wanqing has feelings for Guanyao is so adorable?? He thinks that the only reason Wanqing kissed him is because she thought he was Guanyao. I cannot wait for him to find out that she actually likes him.

• And how satisfying was that crunchy slap Wanqing delivered to Wanting? I am so glad we have a strong FL lead who isn't going to take things lying down. 

@Mouse Finally had a chance to watch Ep 10!  (And psst, did you know you tagged someone else other than me in your post?  Hee hee.)

Re: Episode 10... that was also my understanding that WQ was upset because TX didn't trust her.  Drunk WQ is tooo cute.  It's too bad TX so overcome with jealousy that he thinks she's only behaving as she is because she thinks he's GY.  It was so cute the way WQ wrinkled her nose and called him stupid.  Memo to TX: Even drunk, she only sees you, not GY, you dummy!  

I also appreciate a FL who, when slapped, doesn't just give it back in kind, she gives it back in spades!  WQ is my kind of heroine!!  You go, girl! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics