Fall in Love 一见倾心 [2021]

@themarchioness oooooppppsss! Clearly I need to read my posts carefully because now I’m tagging the wrong people!!! :laugh:

Wanting and the mom are both so very annoying. Just listening to them talk makes my ears bleed. Guanyao has been pretty clear he doesn’t have feelings for Wanting and yet she’s still pushing herself on to him

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

12 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Wanting and the mom are both so very annoying. Just listening to them talk makes my ears bleed

Lol. Jinx! I was telling a friend about the drama this evening, bc I think she’d like it. (She’s going to check it out tonight!) And I was telling her how she was going to really hate Wanting and her mother, and at one point my friend said, “You’re really setting me up to not like them, huh?” I responded, “Correction, the drama does a good job setting you up to hate them. From the minute you hear them open their mouths with their whiny sounds you’re going to hate them! You won’t need me to convince you of how annoying they are!” Lol

• Haha 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

i am getting more and more vested in the drama. it is not so hard to watch. even though it is a serious tone of war, army, politics and glitzy shanghai. love the 2 leads. the FL my first time seeing her and i think she has a natural look. love how she is very intelligent with a brain on par with the ML. the ML is a good guy who just been through so much as a young boy but he has maintained a kindness, bravery and optimism/playfulness. he is of course scheming and untrusting of anyone which is expected for a man of that position leading an army. I really love their interactions - the meeting of minds, the sparring and flirting. and i can feel love now. they are falling in love and they will soon know they are each other soul mates. i dont think they will be angsty love triangle here. SML evan lin will not be a annoying sml from the development of story for now. there is no exes from ML i believe. i think the side second leads are more family to the leads than rivals. Of course ML is drool worthy. so is the SML...It will be so interesting to see how she will gain control over the family business and be a great support to him financially and emotionally as a partner. while he loves and protects her whole heartedly in the midst of all the unrest in shanghai and their lives. Can see a very heartwarming story brewing.

Do you ladies think the young marshal pei that the sister is interested in is actually very very good looking too...he is really catching my attention besides ML and SML. this story really have eye candies alright. eye candies that can act and do the character justice. i am going to follow this alright.

• Clapping Hands 1
31 minutes ago, SnT said:

Do you ladies think the young marshal pei that the sister is interested in is actually very very good looking too...he is really catching my attention besides ML and SML. this story really have eye candies alright. eye candies that can act and do the character justice. i am going to follow this alright.

Yes, he is good looking! That actor caught my eye when he was in One and Only, too! Hehe.

• Heart Eyes 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Episode 11... oh my gosh, poor TXL... his New Years Eve musings over missing his departed family members and wishing for a peaceful life for his little sister and the actress... that was enough to break one's heart.  He really needs someone in his life.  Hint hint: MWQ.  

Loved how they were thinking of each other while watching the fireworks, but man, I do wish they'd talk over their feelings.  They are both suffering for nothing when their interest is mutual.  Sigh.  

Next ep should be even more exciting with the kidnapping!!  Here's hoping the dangerous incident sparks the leads into admitting how they really feel about each other.

• Like 2

My Fanfics

:shocked: The ending of Episode 12.... they cut us off there?!  I need to know what MWQ is going to say!!!  Really, I just need all the episodes. Stat.  LOL.  

I swear this show only gets better. Time to go surfing for trailer/teaser clips... hahaha.

Also, I forgot to say re: Episode 11, the watching the scene with the actress and the little sister by riverside and the two junior marshals next to them, that was the first time I felt like actress and Su Junior Marshal might have a future together after all.  Su Marshal Junior is definitely the brash one of his friends, but I really hope he doesn't veer off and instead comes around to TXL too.  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

My Fanfics

On 11/13/2021 at 9:59 AM, themarchioness said:

Yes, he is good looking! That actor caught my eye when he was in One and Only, too! Hehe.

yes! I also think he’s good-looking. I thought he looked familiar and now that you mentioned he’s in One and Only, I suddenly recognized him! He’s the soldier who got crippled right?

After seeing the interaction between Marshall Pei and the Tan Sangyu in ep 11, I am now vested in their relationship as well. :love:

I really admired TXL’s character even more in ep 12. Even though at great cost and risk to himself, he chose to do everything to save Guangyao. I was so happy that Wanqing saw all of it and was able to defend him and also protect him in her own ways. This drama is doing such a great job of showing us that TXL and Wanqing are not only on par but they also compliment each other very well. They are quick to fill the gaps with each other.

I quite like Wanqing’s father as well (apart from his ignorance of Wanting and the stepmom’s evil nature). He seems to be a very reasonable man much like Wanqing.

I am still unclear about the kidnapping incident. It seems like it was the stepmom who arranged for Wanqing to be done away with and yet from the conversation between the kidnappers, they intended to kidnap the dad. So I am a bit lost as to what was happening..

Here is a preview of the upcoming episodes. Looks like we will be getting a second kiss soon!! :heart:

12 minutes ago, Mizv said:

@Mouse good video post now am hooked at ep 1

accidentally ended up here in this forum.  nice to find a drama to marathon on a lazy Sunday. (While patiently waiting for other drama to be subbed) 

I’m glad you decided to check it out! Come post here whenever you get a chance. Really enjoying this drama and the leads have such great chemistry. Also really love that all the characters are pretty intelligent and it’s interesting to watch the dynamic. 

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I thought he looked familiar and now that you mentioned he’s in One and Only, I suddenly recognized him! He’s the soldier who got crippled right?

Yes, that's the one!

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

This drama is doing such a great job of showing us that TXL and Wanqing are not only on par but they also compliment each other very well. They are quick to fill the gaps with each other.

:1000:

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I quite like Wanqing’s father as well (apart from his ignorance of Wanting and the stepmom’s evil nature). He seems to be a very reasonable man much like Wanqing.

My jury's still out on Dad... he hasn't given me reason to not like him, but there's still too much that's unknown about the past and how he operates for me to have a proper opinion about him in the present.  I agree, though, that thus far he's been reasonable minus his indulgence towards stepmom and Wanting.

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I am still unclear about the kidnapping incident. It seems like it was the stepmom who arranged for Wanqing to be done away with and yet from the conversation between the kidnappers, they intended to kidnap the dad. So I am a bit lost as to what was happening..

It looks like the owner of the pawnshop is working for two people: stepmom and Warlord Xu.  Based on Stepmom's visit to the pawnshop owner and his own outrage upon hearing that WQ slapped WT, I get the sense there is a deeper relationship than we currently know.  (Trailer clips showing TXL interrogating him suggest the same.)  But plans to kidnap dad and pin the blame on TXL; that's all on Warlord Xu.  

@Mizv Welcome to the thread!  Glad you've decided to give this drama a try. It's addicting, isn't it? :laugh:

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Fanfics

i know...it was like what is she about to say....aiiiikkkkksss

Glad it is still airing tonight till wed. i think 17-18 will be their confirmation on the relationship. i believe the ost and opening and closing theme shows they will be married and from a few of her later hairstyles it will that of a married woman taking control over the business and thus supporting his army greatly. the story kind have a Song sisters vibes with song meiling and chang kai shek. I really love how intelligent both are and how they can meet not only emotionally but mentally as well. and i can see the whole process of why they can fall in love. it is logically. other people just not going to be a match. i call this soul mates. 

Yeap there is no boring moment so far...in both plots and romance. yeah the dad looks like a careful fellow but not ruthless so far. but i guess he cant be a richest man in shanghai wo something underneath. lets wait and see. i believe the stepmother n wanting will be out by ep 16 or 17. Hip hip hooray!!!!

Regarding the kidnapping, the boss Min is working for both stepmom and General Xu. the real deal boss is General Xu. General Xu wanted him to stir the pot for TXL in Shanghai with his private army thing. the plot is should be on the surface going to kidnap WQ dad (claiming TXL army kidnapping richest man is a big deal) but only stepmom and Boss min know that on that day it will be WQ in the car only. because the stepmom already hold back dad with excuse of WT being sick. that is my understanding.

• Like 1

The only thing making me happy this Monday morning is: two new episodes of "Fall in Love" to watch today.  :love: LOL... not at all head over heels charmed by this drama.  ;) 

(What am I going to do after Wednesday?  Already dreading it...)

• Haha 1

My Fanfics

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

The only thing making me happy this Monday morning is: two new episodes of "Fall in Love" to watch today.  :love: LOL... not at all head over heels charmed by this drama.  ;) 

(What am I going to do after Wednesday?  Already dreading it...)

Watching ep 13 as I eat lunch. :laugh: I couldn't wait until the end of the work day to watch. 

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

Watching ep 13 as I eat lunch. :laugh: I couldn't wait until the end of the work day to watch. 

Great minds... I did the same thing!  Haha.  The two of them and their signs of jealousy..... they are killing me!!!  :laugh:

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

Also, re: Episode 13.  I should've said: Su Hong Chen really irritated me when he jumped at the insinuation that TXL's militia was responsible for the kidnapping.  It bugs me when people leap at something just because it fits what they perceive to be the truth.  He wants to believe that TXL is the bad person in all of this and so at the first opportunity provided, he's places the blame at TXL's door.  Even though his friends are constantly counseling him to think before acting, and to exercise prudence. Sigh.  If he wants me to find him worthy of the actress, he'd better change his ways - soon and fast!  

• Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

The two of them and their signs of jealousy..... they are killing me!!! 

Yes! I love how the two of them are so aware of each other. And TXL's face when he realized that Wanqing was jealous of the actress! :laugh:

The scene where the clarify the supposed phone call from TXL to the actress after leaving for only 2 minutes was cute.

Su Hong Chen really irritated me when he jumped at the insinuation that TXL's militia was responsible for the kidnapping.  It bugs me when people leap at something just because it fits what they perceive to be the truth.  He wants to believe that TXL is the bad person in all of this and so at the first opportunity provided, he's places the blame at TXL's door.  Even though his friends are constantly counseling him to think before acting, and to exercise prudence. Sigh.  If he wants me to find him worthy of the actress, he'd better change his ways - soon and fast!  

Yes! I find him quite annoying. I love Marshall Pei though. I love that he doesn't judge unless he has all the facts. Much like Guangyao, he is more concerned about the truth and doing the right thing. Even when Guangyao chose to lie for Su Hong Chen about his back injury, Marshall Pei said "if I remember, it was just a scratch.." He wasn't willing to lie even when it came to the little things.

Thoughts on ep 14

Spoiler

So Guangyao finally confessed to Wanqing and she rejected him. I'm glad she was straightforward and didn't feel the need to walk around it. I feel bad for Guangyao but Wanqing and TXL are definitely made for each other. Now we just need TXL and Wanqing to confess their feelings to each other! 

The whole 2 episodes i cant help but feel so tired for XGY.....besides WQ who seriously want to look him, rest are all there for other reasons hahahaha....TXL is basically worry WQ being snatched the moment she is out of his sight (he is so hilarious, oliver chen all his expression is priceless lol), the actress for TXL, Su marshal for the actress, little sister for Pei marshal etc. i mean it is a circus when all he need is rest...the guy just had his chest cut open...for goodness sake.

But i really think XGY is such a nice guy. and the way he confessed to WQ is also so sweet. he is definitely less thorny than TXL. and i just realised that every time WQ is in danger, he will stand up to protect her without second thought. the hostage case when he goes to replace her, the party assassination case when they reach the roof, TXL said don go there may be tricks, he just went anyway; the jumping into the river and taking the bullet. u guys realised he always does for her Without second thoughts. i mean as a woman, a guy who do things for u wo second thoughts really would be worth it in real life i guess.  i maybe developing SML syndrome here...they just make his character too nice but prob less interesting in a way. I guess it is a case of nice guy finish last hahahahaah.....

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, SnT said:

But i really think XGY is such a nice guy. and the way he confessed to WQ is also so sweet. he is definitely less thorny than TXL. and i just realised that every time WQ is in danger, he will stand up to protect her without second thought. the hostage case when he goes to replace her, the party assassination case when they reach the roof, TXL said don go there may be tricks, he just went anyway; the jumping into the river and taking the bullet. u guys realised he always does for her Without second thoughts. i mean as a woman, a guy who do things for u wo second thoughts really would be worth it in real life i guess.  i maybe developing SML syndrome here...they just make his character too nice but prob less interesting in a way. I guess it is a case of nice guy finish last hahahahaah.....

I love the 2nd paragraph.. dedicated and appreciation for XGY💐

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mouse said:

TXL's face when he realized that Wanqing was jealous of the actress! :laugh:

That was sooooo precious. I had to rewind it twice; I couldn't get enough of it. Haha!

4 hours ago, Mouse said:

I love Marshall Pei though. I love that he doesn't judge unless he has all the facts. Much like Guangyao, he is more concerned about the truth and doing the right thing. Even when Guangyao chose to lie for Su Hong Chen about his back injury, Marshall Pei said "if I remember, it was just a scratch.." He wasn't willing to lie even when it came to the little things.

:heart:  Honestly, apart from the ML, he may be my second fave.  I just adore his earnestness.  I'm reeeally looking forward to seeing how his romance with Fourth Sis unfolds.  

1 hour ago, SnT said:

The whole 2 episodes i cant help but feel so tired for XGY.....besides WQ who seriously want to look him, rest are all there for other reasons hahahaha....

Oh, the entire time all that was going on around him, I kept thinking: this is like a theatrical show for XGY.  He has front row seats to a circus, LOL... I loved how when MWQ walked in at one point with a questioning look on her face, he just ever so slightly shrugged his shoulders.  

XGY's not a bad guy, but he's just not the one for the FL... I actually do hope he finds someone worthy because he is deserving.  Honestly, I'd prefer the actress with him than with Su Hong Chen.  But the drama is so far making no indications in that direction and I don't know if they'll introduce someone else later on.  We'll have to see what romantic plans the drama has for him, if at all.  

Anyway, I really loved Episode 14.  I liked the scene where they cleared up MWQ being misled about the phone call, but I especially liked the scene where TXL finally told her about how she'd been drugged the other night.  Watching MWQ put all the puzzle pieces together for herself was pure delight to watch.  I like how smart she is.  She and TXL are truly a well-matched pair.  :hearties:

• Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

8 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

That was sooooo precious. I had to rewind it twice; I couldn't get enough of it. Haha!

:heart:  Honestly, apart from the ML, he may be my second fave.  I just adore his earnestness.  I'm reeeally looking forward to seeing how his romance with Fourth Sis unfolds.  

Oh, the entire time all that was going on around him, I kept thinking: this is like a theatrical show for XGY.  He has front row seats to a circus, LOL... I loved how when MWQ walked in at one point with a questioning look on her face, he just ever so slightly shrugged his shoulders.  

XGY's not a bad guy, but he's just not the one for the FL... I actually do hope he finds someone worthy because he is deserving.  Honestly, I'd prefer the actress with him than with Su Hong Chen.  But the drama is so far making no indications in that direction and I don't know if they'll introduce someone else later on.  We'll have to see what romantic plans the drama has for him, if at all.  

Anyway, I really loved Episode 14.  I liked the scene where they cleared up MWQ being misled about the phone call, but I especially liked the scene where TXL finally told her about how she'd been drugged the other night.  Watching MWQ put all the puzzle pieces together for herself was pure delight to watch.  I like how smart she is.  She and TXL are truly a well-matched pair.  :hearties:

I totally agree with all of this. As much as I like Guangyao, TXL is a much better fit for Wanqing. She is a true compliment to him and vice versa. I feel that if Wanqing and Guangyao were to marry, he would be devoted to her for sure and he would make an excellent father. However, with TXL, there’s this playfulness in their relationship that brings a level of excitement. I don’t know if I’m explaining it right but I see them sitting in their living room, married with children and playfully bickering and flirting with each other. And when TXL comes home and discusses work with her, she’d not only listen to his stories but she’s actually smart enough to help him solve issues. I don’t know, that’s the impression I get. It’s like they’re truly partners in every sense. 

Poor Guangyao was in the midst of a spectacle between lovers while recovering from his surgery. :laugh:

In the scene where TXL finally tells Wanqing the truth about the night she got drunk and shared with her the other details behind the pawnshop owner and her brother’s death, I appreciated how TXL first asked the soldiers to leave so he could tell her in private. Also, you could see from his expressions and delivery that he was trying his best to slowly give her the details and let her piece it together herself. He was very considerate of her feelings. And the way he held her to comfort her was so sweet. :BulbaOWO:

I just can’t get enough of this drama. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I feel that if Wanqing and Guangyao were to marry, he would be devoted to her for sure and he would make an excellent father. However, with TXL, there’s this playfulness in their relationship that brings a level of excitement. I don’t know if I’m explaining it right but I see them sitting in their living room, married with children and playfully bickering and flirting with each other. And when TXL comes home and discusses work with her, she’d not only listen to his stories but she’s actually smart enough to help him solve issues. I don’t know, that’s the impression I get. It’s like they’re truly partners in every sense. 

I swear @Mouse sometimes it feels like you are residing in my head.  Or maybe I'm residing in yours???  This is exactly what I picture for TXL and MWQ's future.  I also agree that MWQ would probably have a perfectly fine marriage with XGY... they'd be committed, respectful, and it would all be perfectly lovely and loving... but in a very demure, proper sort of way.  They lack that spark. 

XGY doesn't realize it now since he's still heartsick for MWQ, but hopefully, one day he'll meet the one who is meant for him, and he'll realize MWQ was right to reject him.  

Also, another thing about their relationship is, it's very much rooted in the past.  XGY remembers MWQ from their childhood.  And then she up and disappeared one day, so there's probably a portion of the affection that he's feeling right now that's actually longing.  Rolled into that may even be feelings of regret that he couldn't have done more for in the past, and now feeling that he should somehow make things up to her now.  Meanwhile MWG has experienced a whole life that's separate from XGY... she's strong enough to have withstood all those years living with just her mother in Japan.  She's also strong enough to return on her own.  XGY wants to stand at her protectorate.  But MWQ needs more than that.  Rather than someone who'll stand in front of her, she needs someone who'll stand by her side.  That's TXL.  

Like you pointed out, @Mouse, even when he tells MWQ about what really happened the night she got "drunk," TXL only gives her the pieces and lets her put everything together.  Because he knows she will and that it's important she comes to that realization on her own.  

I'm not suggesting that XGY is doing anything wrong.  He's caring for MWQ in his own way, and I know his heart is very much in the right place.  My point is only that there's are a million and one ways to show love and affection, which also means that that for two people to be a match, they gotta find the one that connects.  That connection just isn't there for MWQ and XGY.  But for MQG and TXL...?  Their connection is so strong it lights even my light!  LOL.  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

13 and 14 are really funny because i reckon, TXL is over reacting hahaha...i mean XGY just got shot and had his chest opened up..and TXL is concern and i mean seriously concern that XGY and WQ can do anything....hahaha...the guy cant even get his own water. But after seeing the last confession scene i guess TXL does have foresight. Everyone is down on guard and WQ would feeling raw after almost killed in the kidnapping. if this is not WQ, i believe any gal would have say yes to XGY - handsome, powerful, smart on top of being kind and gentlemen plus he almost lost his life trying to save her. So it is a DANGER zone to put them together indeed. But i just love TXL illogicalness in worrying how XGY and WQ are alone. shows he is leaving NOTHING to chance when it comes to her.

15 16 are so exciting. non stop story unravelling. after i watched these two episodes, i can conclude this TXL X MWQ combined together = i don want to be their enemy. no thank you. They are too scary...not 1+ 1 = 2, it is more like 2 to the power of max turbo. their interaction is perfect. i love the way he always look at her so proudly whenever she figure out something and match his mind. there is a twinkle in his eyes that speaks so loud...'go on my dear, u got it...smart gal'. the whole 2 episodes give me a vibe that these two are perfect match. And they can only fall in love with one another because no matter how kind and good XGY is he isnt a match for her either. and no other woman will do for him either. she is a perfect gift from above who landed in his cabin bedroom hahahaa (ep 1). 

And u guys see how TXL is tipping around XGY with fishy sentences like me and ms wq understand each other, we are closer than u think bla bla bla...his jealousy and his urge to stack his claim is like uncontrollable hahahaha lol. love this drama for writing this character so well...reckless, brazen, ambitious yet playful kind and smart. The actor did a perfect job. i lol with all his silliness over WQ (the office placement, the walking up and down along the corridor in front of her office, him pouring water over himself, pretending he is working after that kiss from her etc etc) but cant help sigh and goes drooling when he does his smart capable moments. Oliver Chen is officially on my list of to watch idol. i am his fan now!!!!

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1

Oh boy... I may have just taken an extra long lunch break and finished both of today's episodes already... :thinking:

I couldn't resist, though, with that cliffhanger ending in 15!  I thought I'd just watch a bit of the next episode and welp.  Yeah.  Anyway.  Will write more about how I felt about today's episodes later. I gotta get some work done first, hahahaha.  Just laughing at my craziness.  I'm usually have better self-control. 

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

4 hours ago, SnT said:

Oliver Chen is officially on my list of to watch idol. i am his fan now!!!!

lol the same for me!! This is the first drama of his I’ve seen and I’m now a fan. :heart:

Ep 15-16 were both so exciting. I found myself thoroughly captivated by how everything unfolded. I think we can all agree that TXL is smart but his intelligence shined so much in these 2 episodes. He knew how to get Min Da Cheng to confess but also worked with Wanqing to expose the whole truth so that the stepmother and Wanting could no longer lie. It was so satisfying to watch the whole truth come out and the stepmom could no longer weasel her way out of it. Finally, Wanqing, her mother and brother got the justice they so deserved. Now, Wanqing is the only person set to inherit the Mu family fortune. I think this is a major milestone in this drama as she would now have some measure of influence in the Mu family. Now she can better support TXL. 

I suspect that TXL knows that Xu Bojun was behind Min Da Cheng. This is why he had arranged for Guangyao to switch rooms. I believe his main purpose was to let Guangyao realize that his father had something to do with this fiasco. It’s actually pretty genius. TXL knew that if the assassin’s hesitated to kill Guangyao, it’s because they not only recognize him but also bec they work for his father. And the scene where Guangyao asks Su Hong Chen to hold the pen as he re-enacts the slapping away of the injection proved to him that the assassin dropped it on purpose so as not to harm him. So this basically tells Guangyao that he cannot be harmed. Why? Because they worked for his dad. 

• Like 2