Fall in Love 一见倾心 [2021]

Okay, done watching ep 21 - 22.

My thoughts...

Spoiler

I couldn't figure out at first why TXL chose to say the things he said at the press conference. It made him look like a jerk for trying to woo another man's woman. But I later on realized that he did it to protect Mu Wanqing and her family's honour so that it would seem he went after her instead of her having cheated her way out of an engagement.

Again, I really loved seeing MWQ's implicit trust in TXL. Even though her father didn't approve of her relationship with TXL or his methods, MWQ trusted him and knew that whatever he was doing was for a good reason. So much so that she even defended him to her father even though she, too, didn't exactly understand what he was doing.

I admire how TXL chose to handle the situation with Guangyao. He stood his ground and fought for his woman but he still treated Guangyao with respect and entrusted him with the whole truth. At this point, it is clear that TXL trusts Guangyao's character to the point that he chose to divulge the fact that he had been hiding Min Da Cheng even though he is Xo Bojun's son. I also admire Guangyao in that he was such a gentleman right to the end. Once he understood his father's role in MWQ's brother's death, he knew that he could no longer advocate his engagement/marriage to MWQ. He also clearly understood that both TXL and MWQ truly loved each other and I respect him for respecting that.

It looks like Pei Shao Jun has decided to investigate his father and I am eager to see what Guangyao is going to do now that he knows the truth about his own father as well. I am really liking how these characters are written.

• Like 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

It’s about time XGY is clued in about his dad. I have to admit seeing him confront Pei Shao Jun about his father didn’t sit well with me given what we know about his own father. Is he really that clueless about his own dad’s activities? But I suppose it’s a moot point now that TXL has looped him in and shown him the truth. It will be interesting to see what paths and Pei Shao Jun now take.

From the previews, we know Fourth Sis shares the film reel with PSJ’s dad and I was ready to face palm if she revealed secrets just to win a man, but looks like this is all part of TXL’s plans. Use one warlord to take down another? It’s like an endless game of domino or maybe whack a mole is a better analogy? Take down one and another one is still there? Lol. We will have to see what happens.

Not looking forward to MWQ’s dad’s sacrifice. Even though we’ve known his death was coming I still wish that he could have more time with MWQ, maybe even spend time with her future children. Alas, it is not meant to be. The revelation in the newest preview about the Mu family hiring workers with special bullets is another twist… what will happen there?? I love how this drama keeps the plot going at all times! 

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Preview for 28-30: https://m.facebook.com/YOUKU/videos/285759633468614/?extid=NS-UNK-UNK-UNK-IOS_GK0T-GK1C&refsrc=deprecated&ref=sharing&_rdr

Spoiler

Ugh…. I knew we hadn’t seen the last of Wanting, and she was going to return to make more trouble. Argh. Feeling a little disappointed in TXL that he won’t talk things out with MWQ. Let’s hope this is just a short blip in their marriage. 

• Sad 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Preview for 28-30: https://m.facebook.com/YOUKU/videos/285759633468614/?extid=NS-UNK-UNK-UNK-IOS_GK0T-GK1C&refsrc=deprecated&ref=sharing&_rdr

Hide contents

Ugh…. I knew we hadn’t seen the last of Wanting, and she was going to return to make more trouble. Argh. Feeling a little disappointed in TXL that he won’t talk things out with MWQ. Let’s hope this is just a short blip in their marriage. 

Sad I can't see the preview! It says "Content not found" :cry:

5 hours ago, Mouse said:

He's going to feel like such a jerk if it turns out he was misled. I do hope they get over this together. :letalQQ:

Looks like he was misled because also in the previews there was a scene with Wanting and the assistant to the Japanese Chamber of Commerce guy, and it sounds like they worked together to plant the picture in the photo album.

• Sad 1

My Fanfics

13 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Looks like he was misled because also in the previews there was a scene with Wanting and the assistant to the Japanese Chamber of Commerce guy, and it sounds like they worked together to plant the picture in the photo album.

I knew Wanting was going to come back and cause problems. I just hope Wanqing can help TXL come to his senses. 

36 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I knew Wanting was going to come back and cause problems. I just hope Wanqing can help TXL come to his senses. 

When she was allowed to live, there was a sliver of hope in me that given how dumb she is, she wouldn’t be able to make any impressionable impact with any revenge attempts she might make 😂 But yeah, usually in a drama, when someone is left alive (or out of jail) that just means they’ll return to make trouble, so no real surprises to see her back... Sigh…. Let’s just hope the drama resolves her mischief making quickly!  

• Haha 1

My Fanfics

ya the preview looks worrying. so sad for WQ. hopefully they don drag over ep 30. will end in 2 weeks i believe.

But i seriously feel sad for XGY. the character is so lovable and really feel he deserve a nice nice gal. so heartbreaking he found out that he and wq will never be cause of her brother's death. Also i feel somebody so good lilke XGY may eventually die in the drama.

• Like 1

My speculations… 

Spoiler

Since we know all the warlords are terrible people (it is truly amazing that Warlords Xu and Pei have managed to spawn two such honest and upright sons given how scheming and conniving they are) and in history, the warlords are on the losing side…

And since we know China would never endorse a drama that celebrates the KMT…

Now that we know Uncle Liao is also a communist (Ep 23) working with the “revolutionaries” (aka the KMT, I assume, except the drama doesn’t want to/can’t say so), I’m going to guess that in the end, TXL will align himself with Uncle Liao. After all, it was he who asked that poignant question (when seeking help from TXL in purchasing medicine) when he asked what TXL was going to do after avenging his family, given how mixing with the warlords just means constant in-fighting with the commoners being the ones to actually suffer. 

I don’t know why, but Warlord Pei makes me more nervous than Warlord Xu. I think it’s because with Warlord Xu, we know the evils he’s done and that there’s a plan to take him down. Warlord Pei… TXL and MWQ need him for the moment, but he’s always scheming too. These past few episodes with him have made me quite nervous! 😅

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1

My Fanfics

15 hours ago, SnT said:

yipppeee it is monday...i kinda slow down watching cause looks like lots of angst in this week episodes. so will it slower. but looking forward for all your comments

I knoooow.... it's turning stressful, lol.  But I also can't wait to see what happens next... so I'll definitely check in after work today.  I've been counting down the days!  :laugh:

• Like 1

My Fanfics

@themarchioness thanks for posting the previews for ep 33-34! I was beginning to feel depressed knowing that they were going to go through a rough patch so finding out it's going to be short-lived, is comforting.

Like you, I also find Warlord Pei more frightening. I honestly don't know how 2 such corrupt warlords managed to raise such honest sons. I would like to see some growth from Pei Shao Jun. What I'd really love to see is Pei Shao Jun and Guangyao team up with TXL to take down the evil warlords.

Too bad I can't understand what is being said in the preview but it looks like we haven't seen the last of Xu Bojun and there seems to be an attempt on TXL life. I just can't figure out who that guy is that pushes him in the water.

• Like 1

This heartbreaking watching Tan and WQ being torn apart by others. Frustrating watching everyone’s selfish scenes.  Figure something terrible will occurs to WQ to make him snap out of this cold stance. 
that’s my view from episode 30.  ya’ll probably way ahead of me lol

Edited by Mizv
  • Sad 1

On 12/3/2021 at 2:55 PM, Mizv said:

This heartbreaking watching Tan and WQ being torn apart by others. Frustrating watching everyone’s selfish scenes.

Totally agree.  Especially the evil no-longer-half sister and all her noises about "getting back what was once hers" -- except it never should have been hers in the first place?!  She seems to conveniently forget that, and should be grateful for what she has already, but of course not.  I actually feel sorry for her biological father at this point.  He did all that he did so his daughter would have a better life, but she's so selfish and twisted, I don't think she deserves a better life!

On 11/30/2021 at 3:09 PM, Mouse said:

I honestly don't know how 2 such corrupt warlords managed to raise such honest sons. I would like to see some growth from Pei Shao Jun. What I'd really love to see is Pei Shao Jun and Guangyao team up with TXL to take down the evil warlords.

I ask that same question all the time @Mouse!  It's also fascinating to me how Warlords Pei and Xu are both evil and conniving, but how different they are in their approaches with their sons.  Warlord Pei finds his son weak and is constantly beating him up in what he thinks is the perfect method for making Pei Shao Jun a stronger person, but Warlord Xu is pretty indulgent, and seems to understand his son is a 'romantic'.  But it's also because of those differences that Pei Shao Jun is under no illusions as to the type of person his father is whereas I often wish Xu Guanyao would get a clue.  I also hope the next generation works together to build a better future for the people.

On 11/30/2021 at 3:09 PM, Mouse said:

Too bad I can't understand what is being said in the preview but it looks like we haven't seen the last of Xu Bojun and there seems to be an attempt on TXL life. I just can't figure out who that guy is that pushes him in the water.

I don't think we've yet met the guy who pushes TXL in the water.  

I'm so excited to find out how everything will play out this coming week!  This past week has been filled with nail biters and angst, and I'm looking forward to some relief from all that -- bring on the happy ending, please!!!  (Though I'm also steeling my heart for some deaths...)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

My Fanfics

I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with TXL in this week’s episodes. I get that he’s confused with how he should feel toward MWQ given what he found out. But considering that they are surrounded by so many conniving people, he should know better than to just accept what he sees. I understand that he’s also doing some side investigations but I feel that instead of pushing MWQ away, he should work together with her to uncover the truth. 

I felt hurt for MWQ in the scene in these last 2 episodes. She didn’t deserve that. 

Thankfully the angst will be short-lived. I don’t think I can take anymore of this misunderstanding between them. I’m also glad that the actress made sure that MWQ didn’t misunderstand the situation. 

24 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

She seems to conveniently forget that, and should be grateful for what she has already, but of course not.  I actually feel sorry for her biological father at this point.  He did all that he did so his daughter would have a better life, but she's so selfish and twisted, I don't think she deserves a better life!

yes!! I also feel sorry for Min Da Cheng at this point. Everything he did was for his daughter and she’s out squandering all of his efforts. TXL has been holding his end of the bargain, being the honorable man that he is, but Wanting does not deserve it. 

• Heart Eyes 1

6 hours ago, Mouse said:

I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with TXL in this week’s episodes. I get that he’s confused with how he should feel toward MWQ given what he found out. But considering that they are surrounded by so many conniving people, he should know better than to just accept what he sees. I understand that he’s also doing some side investigations but I feel that instead of pushing MWQ away, he should work together with her to uncover the truth. 

I think it's especially disappointing because of the way their characters have been written for the entirety of the drama.  He's always been three paces ahead of whatever the latest plot scheme is, and TXL and MWQ have always been smart enough and so connected in their hearts and mind that even when they weren't communicating directly, they knew what the other was thinking or how to match the other person to be in sync.  This latest conundrum feels more like the usual drama conflict where she obviously knows he's being mean for a purpose, he doesn't know how he can be with her given what he's been led to believe about their family histories, and thinks she'd be better off without him, and so Noble Idiocy enters plot again... and really, we just want to see our OTP being smarter than the rest, like they usually are, and instead, we've gotten... this.  I'm still hoping for a twist of some sort, but with every episode that hope dies a little bit, and now I'm just looking forward to the truth getting revealed and TXL groveling for forgiveness so our leads can have their happily ever after.  :-P

• Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

23 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I think it's especially disappointing because of the way their characters have been written for the entirety of the drama.  He's always been three paces ahead of whatever the latest plot scheme is, and TXL and MWQ have always been smart enough and so connected in their hearts and mind that even when they weren't communicating directly, they knew what the other was thinking or how to match the other person to be in sync.  This latest conundrum feels more like the usual drama conflict where she obviously knows he's being mean for a purpose, he doesn't know how he can be with her given what he's been led to believe about their family histories, and thinks she'd be better off without him, and so Noble Idiocy enters plot again... and really, we just want to see our OTP being smarter than the rest, like they usually are, and instead, we've gotten... this.  I'm still hoping for a twist of some sort, but with every episode that hope dies a little bit, and now I'm just looking forward to the truth getting revealed and TXL groveling for forgiveness so our leads can have their happily ever after.  :-P

yes! Exactly! I feel like this is so unlike the TXL we know. It’s like he regressed and he’s being so childish and immature. Honestly he deserved both the slap from MWQ and the punch from Guangyao. Uncle Liao was right in that MWQ had nothing to do with what happened in the past and that he really should be discussing it with her. Even Uncle Liao said that some times things are just unfortunate coincidences. Ugh really hoping TXL redeems himself in this week’s episodes. 

• Like 2