Fall in Love 一见倾心 [2021]

15 hours ago, Mizv said:

I was thinking it’s over for her once she took the morphine.  Well at least she died beautifully 

Totally, which is why, given how that played out, I'm glad if she had to die it was because she took control of her destiny and because she didn't want to let herself be used by the Warlord Xu and his evil henchman.  Such a strong, upright character.  She will def be missed.  

I really loved the scenes between TXL and Junior Marshal Su afterwards... it was like a FIL seeing off his son-in-law and there's just something sweet and touching about that, given how they both cared about the actress. 

ETA: Last day!!!  Can't believe it's finally here.

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

5 hours ago, SnT said:

BE or HE? anyone can reveal???  i feel like if it is like only get back at ep 32 and 4 episodes to go, it is quite bad. i so enjoy the moments btw the leads.

There are some casualties, given that it's war, but it is definitely a HE.  Prepare for a wild, suspenseful ride to the end.  Haha.  But in seriousness, I think you'll like the ending.

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

I'm really sad it's over but I'm quite pleased with the ending. I was sad to see the actress die but it was what finally "woke up" Marshall Su to his senses. The scene of all of them at the train station as they were sending off Su Hong Chen was quite sweet. 

Since not everyone has seen the ending yet, I am going to put the rest in spoilers...

Spoiler

I'm happy I got my wish to see TXL, Guangyao, Su Hong Chen and Pei Shao Jun work together in the end. Initially I was worried that Su Hong Chen would go the other way but I'm glad he didn't.

I didn't quite understand that whole fiasco with TXL hating on MWQ. All I know is that he was doing it on purpose to push her away for her own good. I just didn't understand the specifics of why he had to do that.

I loved how TXL figured out that MWQ was helping him with the warehouse/smuggled arms fiasco even though they weren't talking to each other. And how Guangyao gave him clues so that he could figure it out. I love seeing intelligent characters like them working together and putting pieces together. It's so satisfying to see them come on top of all the traps that have been laid out for them.

The wedding scene was really sweet but also very sad. TXL knew he was likely not going to make it out alive and the pained expression on his face as he hesitates to marry MWQ and consummate the marriage was very well done in my opinion.

I'll be honest, I thought TXL was going to die in the end. I was SO RELIEVED when he didn't!! Saved by the 3 marshals just in the nick of time. Sad to see Tan Si die though but I guess some deaths were inevitable. 

• Like 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

The last two episodes gave me a lot of heart palpitations, but I really enjoyed the ending - despite some of the casualties and all.  I'll also add my thoughts and responses to @Mouse under a spoiler cut for those who've not yet seen the last two eps.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I'm happy I got my wish to see TXL, Guangyao, Su Hong Chen and Pei Shao Jun work together in the end. Initially I was worried that Su Hong Chen would go the other way but I'm glad he didn't.

Yes, I was happy to see this as well.  It was good to see SHC finally finding some purpose to his life and PSJ convincing his father to work with them was a nice arrangement.  I was really surprised and pleased when he showed up at the end for peace talks, and of course it was a delight to see Fourth Sis and TXL reunited.  Gives us hope knowing they'll all be working together in the future. 

As for XGY, I didn't know what it was going to take for him to finally give up on his father... but all I can say is I'm glad he finally got there!  And that image of him speaking to his father's men while his father watched from the window as he gasped his last breaths was a powerful image.

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I didn't quite understand that whole fiasco with TXL hating on MWQ. All I know is that he was doing it on purpose to push her away for her own good. I just didn't understand the specifics of why he had to do that.

I'm really glad they had that talk.  In fact, after 31 & 32 aired, some friends and I even had a whole discussion as to whether the secrecy had been necessary.  After all, it wasn't as if he couldn't trust MWQ and if he was afraid she might give things away (not intentionally, but unintentionally through reactions or whatnot, which is the usual reason in these dramas for the secrecy) that was an unfounded concern given the number of times they'd schemed together already.  It was perfect, then, when MWQ asked him in 33 why he'd felt it necessary to be so mean to her.  

Ultimately, I think it was the usual Noble Idiocy factor where he believed she would be safest if the relationship between them was cut off entirely.  But she ended up being pulled in anyway.  She was brilliant in the way that she operated in the background to help TXL and I also appreciate how he was able to pick up on the little clues to figure out what was going on react accordingly so nothing would be given away.  This really is where the show shines brightest -- the leads working in sync even when they're not together! 

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

The wedding scene was really sweet but also very sad. TXL knew he was likely not going to make it out alive and the pained expression on his face as he hesitates to marry MWQ and consummate the marriage was very well done in my opinion.

Agreed, and I have to give 1,000 points to MWQ because I just love how she took charge and refused to let TXL give her an out.  He was hers.  She was his.  Nothing was ever going to change, in life or in death, so she was going to make a real wedding happen no matter what.  Big hearts for them both!

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I'll be honest, I thought TXL was going to die in the end. I was SO RELIEVED when he didn't!!

I figured the drama would never give us an unhappy ending, so I counted on TXL surviving in the end, but that didn't make things any less panicky when I knew there would be other deaths -- it's a Republican Era drama, there's a war going on, deaths are inevitable.  But it still hurt when Tan Si died, and when Old Fu rocked by that explosion, I thought he was a goner too and my heart bled tears thinking that TXL had lost both of his closest soldiers... it still bleeds for Tan Si (he was the best assistant!), but I was so relieved in that end scene to see Old Fu walk out behind TXL.  I'm glad there were some survivors after all because it really looked like, for a bit, that TXL was the only one of his men to make it out alive.  

Other thoughts that I had about the ending . . .

It ended just as I thought it would with everyone joining Mr. Liao's side.  

I thought Warlord Xu died way too easily for all the evil that he inflicted on the world.  His evil henchman did too, for that matter, although I suppose he at least got to experience pain for about 5 minutes before his death, knowing that he'd spent his entire life revering and working for the same person responsible for his own parents' deaths.  

TXL's letter to XGY was both beautiful and heartbreaking... especially when MWQ realized that TXL had sent her to XGY never expecting that XGY would be able to return with an army to help him, but because it was because he knew staying meant death and he wanted her safe.  So many emotions in that scene!!!

Truly, at the end of this day, this drama was about MWQ and TXL and it's no surprise then that the drama was at its best when the story focused on them.  My favorite part remains the first arc, where they met, fell in love, and worked together to bring down the evil stepmother, but I appreciate how the characters stayed consistent throughout and there were no meandering or unnecessary plot lines.  I thought, on the whole, this drama stood up very well on its own. 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics