Badge Event Part 1 - 10-12 September KST

SnowBlob

@AwkwarDerp Thank you! The 'romance' badge is simple and beautiful :hearties: And the other one from Chinese drama "Under the Power" - noted :) Is there a coined name for the couple? You know sometimes they have a special name just like IkSong, WinterGarden etc.. ? 

@mademoisellesia You still have a lot of time (until Saturday)..so don't worry :brb: I'll wait while sipping my virtual bubble tea hahahaha

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Just now, SnowBlob said:

@AwkwarDerp Thank you! The 'romance' badge is simple and beautiful :hearties: And the other one from Chinese drama "Under the Power" - noted :) Is there a coined name for the couple? You know sometimes they have a special name just like IkSong, WinterGarden etc.. ? 

Uh, i think there is one but long, i don’t remember it haha

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

5 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@SnowBlob Your deadline is Saturday leh 

I tried to blend one yesterday - DISASTER - did not appear as how I imagined in my head. They all look perfect in my imagination hahahaha. Executing it out is a challenge. 

:shocked2: Aiyo..thank you for pointing that one out..i changed my previous post to 'Saturday' ... -.- 

Fighting! You can do it! although i must actually say 'fighting' to myself too... hrrrr

@AwkwarDerp no worries...if you suddenly remember, then you can just let me know..otherwise I'll just put it as a couple from Under the Power drama. Or maybe let me know their characters names? Are they Lu Yi and Yuan Jin Xia (I just took the first two names from Wiki)? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 minute ago, SnowBlob said:

:shocked2: Aiyo..thank you for pointing that one out..i changed my previous post to 'Saturday' ... -.- 

Fighting! You can do it! although i must actually say 'fighting' to myself too... hrrrr

@AwkwarDerp no worries...if you suddenly remember, then you can just let me know..otherwise I'll just put it as a couple from Under the Power drama. Or maybe let me know their characters names? Are they Lu Yi and Yuan Jin Xia (I just took the first two names from Wiki)? 

Yes! That’s their name in the drama, thank you

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

My one and only badge: final submission

49QUy62.png

It's JangHaven Police Department (JHPD) Badge: clearly it is for those of us who love detective/procedural dramas:laugh: There's a mix and match of few objects that relate to detectives or police: Sherlock hat, gun, handcuff and with James Bond background (ok this one isn't exactly detectives stuff..but I just thought..he's an agent :P ). Made it with Paint3D and PowerPoint. From start to finish (including learning how to use the apps)..probably it took me 3 hours. So enough to say..this is IT. No 2nd or 3rd badge from me unfortunately T_T

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@SnowBlob

Nodame Cantabile

Chiaki & Nodame (500px) x 2

"Do You Like Brahms?" reminded me of Nodame Cantabile and because there are no acceptable HD photos of Tamaki Hiroshi & Ueno Juri, I opted for the manga version. I think it turns out better too - for both white & dark themes 😁

500x500-Nodame.png  500x500-Nodame-2.png

Extraordinary You

Rowoon as Haru (500px)

I'm just seriously not over the beauty of Haru.

500x500-Haru.png

The King: Eternal Monarch

The King Sends his Unbreakable Sword to Army (500px)

Untitled-2.png

P.S. Click on it it'll show the larger size.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 5
  • Party! 1
  • Tasty 1

My 3 submissions: @SnowBlob

1) Havenites, Assemble!

I'm a big MCU fan so I modelled this after "Avengers, assemble!". JH is a space for us to 'assemble' and talk/discuss about all media, and even share more about ourselves while learning more about others with the same likes as us.

(There was another version with icons related to JH forum but since the icons can't really be seen in 50x50px mode, I went with the plain one. Thanks @SilverMoonTea for pointing this out!)

spacer.png

Spoiler

The alternate (rejected) version)

spacer.png

2. Wannabe Detective

Please hire me! This is for those who love crime/mystery/suspense genres and are always trying to be one step ahead of the mystery. 

spacer.png

3. I Love Sageuk dramas!

Self-explanatory title. I. Love. Sageuk. Dramas! The costumes are always lovely and there is so much variety, from the commoners, to the palace guards, to the royals. The circle ring in the badge is taken from the South Korean flag.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 5
2 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

The Event Badge has now begun :eeeee: (yay)! 

When you submit your badge, please tell us a little bit about it

eg:

- if it's about a drama you love, please give us the title

- if it's about your fav couple in a drama, please name the drama AND the couple (either the coined name eg: IkSong or the name of the characters involved eg: Ik Joon and Song Hwa)

- if it's a genre, please name it 

- if it's something else but somehow still relates to dramas/movies/varieties, please indicate it

- other things eg: why you put certain picture/symbol in your badge, the story behind the making etc

- Once you do, please check this post again (see the list below) and see whether your badge/s has been included. Note: I will aim to update the list as soon as possible, but if it's still hasn't been updated after 24 hours, please tag me so when I come online I can update it as soon as I can.

Thank you for everyone who participates and may the best badges win :hearties:

Badge Submission 

@dreamyujin (1) Drama couple: It's Okay to not be Okay - Moon Kang Tae & Ko Moon Young

@SilverMoonTea (1) Drama couple: Do you like Brahms? - Brahms Couple

@TiNaDo (2) Drama couple: It's Okay to not be Okay - Moon Kang Tae & Ko Moon Young. Drama: Pinocchio - Choi Dal Po

@AwkwarDerp (2) Drama genre: Romance. Drama couple: Under the Power - Lu Yi & Yuan Jin Xia

SnowBlob (1) Drama genre: detective/procedural

LOL wait i didn’t talk about my badge when i submitted, oh no

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

My first badge is a romance badge, this is my favourite genre in dramas. As you can see this is the love tree, because hearts are falling out, it's like similar to how there's a wishing tree in dramas. There are a man and a woman standing by the tree, but they don't noticed each other, the man is simply looking at the tree, in hope of finding someone who he can share his life with, whereas the woman crouching down, with a heart beside under the feet, she was just left or something happen that made her come back to this tree and in a way 'blame' for failure in love. This is not a tragic story, but because we all knows the romance in asian dramas are always a rollercoaster. 

My second badge displayed my love for the couple Lu Yi & Yuan Jinxia from the drama Under The Power. There's not much to say, but this drama got me hooked up until now and I am still having difficulty moving. This is the scene where he asked her to 'try again' and kiss him when she was drunk. 

Thank you for reading all my sappy words.

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are my final submissions. 

Edited by AwkwarDerp
spelling mistake
  • Like 9
  • Heart Eyes 1

My submissions:

8f0b525e2c66ca7a69ec3086fd3fb2b6.png 66ebd4afcf913a5e1bce17a9daae60a3.png cf646aa62b8d9017922eff0cabb6b081.png

All three are historical drama related, because thats my favorite genre =3
The first one is Nokdu from Tale Of Nokdu, second one Wang So from Scarlet Heart, third one i have no clue what his name is but hes from The Untamed. (I have only watched like 5 episodes of that one ;'))

I actually didnt realize we could just take pictures from the internet and edit them but I was already trying out some digital drawing so thought I'd draw the badges digitally. It was fun to do anyway =3

Thanks for reading <3 

Edited by Jesscisu
  • Like 8
  • Clapping Hands 3

49f2f11cfa7777a807cdf154590f1d61.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.png

I made 2 using FreeLogoDesign.org. 

1. White truck of doom's business logo lol self-driving, last mile delivery hahaha I can go on and on with the pun if you want.

2. Hospital Playlist music player. 

For the police badge, I need to Photoshop it so IDK if I can even make it. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

3&4. Jang Haven Police Agency badges derived from SK police c/o @JesscisuThanks, sweetie

Edited by jeijei
  • Like 9
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1