Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书 [2020]

Maya

4 hours ago, Megan Cheang said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but Dilireba's fans are called Alice, and Vengo's fans are called...donuts? How did that happen?

I don't know too, or if I've read it, I don't remember, but it may have to do with Vengo's nickname Tiantian.

For sure though that @VengogaoFC and

@VengoGaoIFG can tell why "donuts". :mine:

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't know too, or if I've read it, I don't remember, but it may have to do with Vengo's nickname Tiantian.

For sure though that @VengogaoFC and

@VengoGaoIFG can tell why "donuts". :mine:

I just asked. Apparently Vengo has a sweet smile so his nickname is tian tian. So his fans are called doughnuts....

Do all Chinese celebrities have nicknames for their fans?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Megan Cheang said:

I just asked. Apparently Vengo has a sweet smile so his nickname is tian tian. So his fans are called doughnuts....

Do all Chinese celebrities have nicknames for their fans?

I've also  checked what's donut in Mandarin. It's tian tian quan 🙂 In his acceptance speech of his reward, he has also thanked tian tian quan or his donuts fans.

About the Chinese stars having nicknames for their fans, I am not sure. But for me it is not unusual, like the "Robsten" fans when the Twilight franchise was the rage. 

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 1

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Megan Cheang said:

Robsten? Never heard that before. But then i was more interested in the books than the films.

The books were fine with me as are the movies. I got aware of the Robsten fandom due to friends who were very happy that the onscreen couple are also dating in real life.

I can still hear their collective dismay when they broke up after Kristen and the director of a Snow White movie were caught having an affair.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Congratulations once again to all who have been part of Eternal Love of Dreams (Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书)! 

Web Drama of the Year

Tencent Video All Star Night 2020

Yay. We finally see the award. I selfishly wish we could see Vengo and Reba's reactions.

• Party! 1

Three Lives Three Worlds: Lotus Steps 

"...Wherever you go, lotus grows  every steps of the way..."

640.webp

Source: Publishing House 

随书附赠

东华与凤九 全新番外。

五万余字 首 次 披露

Bundled with the book

Dong Hua and Feng Jiu's new bonus story

Told for the first time in more than 50,000 words. 

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 1

spacer.png

On 1/11/2021 at 4:17 AM, MayanEcho said:

Source: Publishing House 

随书附赠

东华与凤九 全新番外。

五万余字 首 次 披露

Bundled with the book

Dong Hua and Feng Jiu's new bonus story

Told for the first time in more than 50,000 words. 

Hi. Do you know if this book was translated or will be translated in english? If my memory serves me right I think they will have a daughter but I don’t know if that’s in the above bonus story. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Olivia Kate said:

Hi. Do you know if this book was translated or will be translated in english? If my memory serves me right I think they will have a daughter but I don’t know if that’s in the above bonus story. 

Hello there! What the author mentioned for the Pillow Book extra would be Dong Hua during the ancient times, and Dong Hua and Feng Jiu at the present. Not sure if there's another child, but readers will find out on Chinese New Year. 😉

The author previously desribed the Pillow Book extra as a fun read. IMO, readers were really craving more after Dong Hua and Bai Gungun met. Anything new about the Dong Feng couple and their household would be fun to read indeed. A new baby would double the fun!

As for it getting translated to English,  unfortunately no idea on that. Personally I'm hoping too that Ms TQ and her publishing house will consider it for the international  readers, seeing that there's an English phrase included in the jacket cover.

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 2

spacer.png

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

As for it getting translated to English,  unfortunately no idea on that. Personally I'm hoping too that Ms TQ and her publishing house will consider it for the international  readers, seeing that there's an English phrase included in the jacket cover.

If that's the case, Pillow Book 1 and 2 should be translated too!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Megan Cheang said:

If that's the case, Pillow Book 1 and 2 should be translated too!

Also hopeful of that happening in the future. 🙂 It would be wonderful having the Pillow Book 1 and 2 and the extra as a bundle for collection.

Thanks to the translated text of Hamster, et al, The Pillow Book story was also enjoyed by non-Mandarin readers. It's amazing of TQ to give the surprise of another extra book about Dong Hua and Feng Jiu. ♥️🦊💜

• Like 1

spacer.png