Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书 [2020]

Maya

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

As for it getting translated to English,  unfortunately no idea on that. Personally I'm hoping too that Ms TQ and her publishing house will consider it for the international  readers, seeing that there's an English phrase included in the jacket cover.

I maybe wrong but the probability that it will be translated into english is not high but I really hope that there will be kind hearted translators out there who will translate at least the gist of the story. :)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Also hopeful of that happening in the future. 🙂 It would be wonderful having the Pillow Book 1 and 2 and the extra as a bundle for collection.

Thanks to the translated text of Hamster, et al, The Pillow Book story was also enjoyed by non-Mandarin readers. It's amazing of TQ to give the surprise of another extra book about Dong Hua and Feng Jiu. ♥️🦊💜

Actually...I admit I am hoping someone will translate the new Pillow Book. But considering how long Lotus Step has taken, I don’t have high hopes I can read it soon. So I will settle for the summary.

i can try reading it, but it’s one thing to understand the story of a modern drama like V Love; and quite another to read Chinese set in an ancient mythical world. Especially when all I’ve read before were picture books...

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Olivia Kate said:

I maybe wrong but the probability that it will be translated into english is not high but I really hope that there will be kind hearted translators out there who will translate at least the gist of the story. :)

Pretty sure that will happen once the books are officially released. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Megan Cheang said:

Actually...I admit I am hoping someone will translate the new Pillow Book. But considering how long Lotus Step has taken, I don’t have high hopes I can read it soon. So I will settle for the summary.

I feel like the books would encourage 3L3W enthusiasts to take up Mandarin lessons when they can. 😅 Learning to read and understand another language is never a waste anyway.

Lotus Steps would be 4 volumes, 2 each for mortal and immortal arc. Anyone who translates it would take time doing it all for the 4 books, 5 if including Pillow Book extra.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I feel like the books would encourage 3L3W enthusiasts to take up Mandarin lessons when they can. 😅 Learning to read and understand another language is never a waste anyway

I haven’t had Chinese language lessons since I entered university. At that time I was so relieved because it was a struggle to do well. Actually I’m still surprised I did well on my exams. But then I got hooked on 三生三世 and suddenly regretted that I didn’t have the passion to learn Chinese then as I do now.

why couldn’t 三生三世 have occured while I was actually still studying Chinese?

now I’m just watching more Chinese dramas.

• Clapping Hands 1

Bakkwa

It was Chinese New Year and Taichen Palace was giving off delicious aromas. One in particular drew crowds of immortals to the gates. It was the sweet smell of succulent meat strips being roasted over fire in the garden.

Feng Jiu stacked them on a plate and told her husband to leave those for Gun Gun while she went to check on the cakes steaming in the kitchen. 

Feng Jiu: watch the fire for me.

It made a funny sight to see Dong Hua squatting and fanning the flames.

Gun Gun came over and saw his father in such a manner. “Father, are you making Bakkwa?”

Dong Hua: yes, come try the Bakkwa I cooked for you.

(Please. If Dong Hua tried to roast Bakkwa, it would be charcoal)

Gun Gun: your Bakkwa is as good as mother’s!

Dong Hua: oh. My cooking must have improved.

Gun Gun: father, let me warm the meat some more. Then we can eat it together.

The Bakkwa had indeed cooled down.

When Feng Jiu came back (she was delayed by servants bearing gifts), she saw her son taking Bakkwa off the fire and giving them to his father to try.

Feng Jiu: is my darling boy learning to cook?

Gun Gun smiled and lied as easily as his father does. “Yes, mother. I hope it meets your expectations.”

Dong Hua raised his brows. Did Gun Gun just claim credit for his stolen credit?

Feng Jiu chewed then pet her son’s head. “You have inherited my culinary genes!”

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THE PILLOW BOOK extra

Back to Chaos in a Dream

CHAPTER 1

At the dawn of the Age of Chaos, Heaven and Earth was a formless mass resembling a hen’s egg. Inside the egg gestates an ancient God. The first of all Gods, his name, Pan Gu.

God Pan Gu could not endure the drizzling primal chaos after opening his eyes, so he transformed his hand into a giant hatchet and cleaved the forsaken mass of Heaven and Earth into two, separating them. From then on, the world of the Eight Realms had a Heaven and an Earth.

As separating the Heavens and splitting the Earth was a matter that required extreme effort, God Pan Gu exhausted all of his primal strength. Shortly after Heaven and Earth were separated, he perished. His spiritual essence returned to Heaven and Earth and the First Gods were born.

The most powerful amongst them, Father God and Mother God, possessed spiritual knowledge. Upon taking physical form, they assumed the role of creation God Pan Gu left behind.

Following the law of the Heavens, they shifted the Four Seas, built the Six Universes and formed the Eight Realms, allowing this formless world to complete the demarcation between Heaven and Earth. Gradually the sun, moon and stars evolved, and there was night and day, four seasons, mountains, valleys, rivers and seas, grassy plains and forests.

The world of the Four Seas and Eight Realms was born.

Read more at:  TPB Back to Chaos in a Dream Ch1

Credits: Soompi ELOD Blog

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i guess the writers is milking it hahaha....with so much popularity, it doesnt surprises me that they keep having some extra chapters lols

Mostly tying the loose ends at The Pillow Book. The novella was released with the Lotus Steps vol1. Plenty of teasers for Lotus Steps (Lian Song/Zu Ti) and Bodhi Fate (Mo Yuan/Shao Wan). 😊

Acht, pressed save when not yet done typing. LOL. The PB novella is a time travel adventure of Feng Jiu and Bai Gun Gun. They go back 260,000 years, during the ancient wars and while Dong Hua was emperor.

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

Mostly tying the loose ends at The Pillow Book. The novella was released with the Lotus Steps vol1. Plenty of teasers for Lotus Steps (Lian Song/Zu Ti) and Bodhi Fate (Mo Yuan/Shao Wan). 😊

well i can only trust you cause i didnt watch the drama except catching some of the clips and seeing all those pretty pictures hahaha

• Like 1
Just now, NiteWalker said:

well i can only trust you cause i didnt watch the drama except catching some of the clips and seeing all those pretty pictures hahaha

I might be wrong, but there are plans of a drama adaptation for the 3rd book Lotus Steps?

Spoiler

https://ent.sina.cn/tv/tv/2020-07-27/detail-iivhvpwx7681123.d.html?wm=3049_0015

2019年末公司已拥有储备小说改编权、剧本近百部,例如系列、、《弹痕》等。在产品中,《X女特工之黑天鹅》《楚乔传2》正在筹备,《步步生莲》剧本优化中,等待有利市场时机开机拍摄,《脱骨香》预计将在2020年四季度或者2021年一季度开机,《紫川》预计2020 年四季度开机。

At the end of 2019, the company has the right to reserve novel adaptations and nearly a hundred scripts, such as the  series,  , "Bullet Mark" and so on. Among the products, "The Black Swan of X Female Agent" and "The Legend of Chu Qiao 2" are in preparation, and the script of "The Lotus Step by Step" is being optimized. It is waiting for a favorable market time to start shooting. "The Fragrance of Boneless" is expected to be in the fourth quarter of 2020. Or it will start in the first quarter of 2021, and Zichuan is expected to start in the fourth quarter of 2020.

spacer.png