Rattan ll Si Teng 司藤 [2021]

They recreated a scene while they were there too!

The scene they recreated was this one: 

Ok, I said I wasn't going to watch it because I'm still a little bummed out that subs are coming out slowly, but I watched episode one yesterday before bed. It's was good and I can see why everyone likes it so much! 

@oppasaranghaeyo - I agreed on the clothes for this drama! Jing Tian looks great in this drama. I'm captivated by her in every scene. 

• Heart Eyes 1
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

The scene they recreated was this one: 

OMGosh! They've recreated one of the Ep 1 scenes I love! It was so well done in the drama. This OTP is so cute lol. I'm being drawn into this drama more and more because of them (as well as the genre, the plot, the directing, and all the special effects and special locations). SO SO GOOD!

13 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Zhang BinBin & JingTian visited  Youku headquarter today to promote their latest airing drama together

Awesome! I think this is their first CP collaboration in a drama (?). They should appear together again in another drama, perhaps in a historical or period or xianxia genre. That would be so good! I'm almost wishing BinBin would join Jingtian's upcoming xianxia. It seems they are still casting...  

Edited by oppasaranghaeyo
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

I had a hard time sleeping so I watched all the available episodes out with English subs. 

Wow, Zhang Binbin and Jing Tian's chemistry is insane! It seems like they always have to be together. Qin Fang's appearance change if he is too far away from Si Teng and she loses power if he's not there? Or did I understand that wrong? 

• Heart Eyes 1

I'm in this discord server and one of the members (neko) posted the following about the identity of Si Teng from what she's read about and I found more about the story from reading many other spoilers too. :brb:

Spoiler

Si Teng was raised by Qiu San (Yan Fu Rui's master) but she was never loved. When she got older, she met and fell in love with Shao Yan Kuan. He was deceitful and it caused Si Teng to split into two demons with different thoughts. This is happened because Si Teng couldn't decide if she wanted to stay with him or leave. One half of the demon is Bai Ying, who chose to stay with Shao Yan Kuan. 

Si Teng opposed the relationship Bai Ying had with Shao Yan Kuan. This caused Bai Ying to kill Si Teng because she was afraid of what Si Teng would do. This killing scene happened at the beginning of episode one. Shao Yan Kuan eventually ended up killing Bai Ying with Qiu San because he ran into money problem. 

Qin Fang was able to bring Si Teng back to life because he is the grandson of Bai Ying and Shao Yan Kuan. This makes Si Teng his grandmother, which she was not wrong about in that clip that's been circulating social media. :laugh:

And I found out that Qin Fang has to stay with Si Teng because he almost died but was saved by Si Teng's energy. If he doesn't stay close to her, he will become a corpse, which we kind of saw in the beginning episodes. 

• Like 2

I don't think there are many of us watching Rattan at JangHaven because the English subs are a little slow. I would have wished that they released subs the way other dramas have been releasing them because Rattan is such a beautiful drama and it deserves to be watched by everyone. I also think it doesn't help that the English subs on iQIYI are auto translated. For a video platform as big as them, I thought this was a little disappointing. The subs was showing "Sota or Sato" when the characters were saying Si Teng's name. The little boy's, Wa Fang, name was getting translated as 'tile house". I would say that if you can wait for YoYo's English subs, please do. They are so much better than iQIYI's. 

The drama moves at a slower pace so sometimes I found myself left with questions after watching certain scenes. It wasn't until episode 6 or 7 (could have been later) that we find more information about Si Teng's past. It was discussed among everyone else so the viewers knew about Si Teng's past before Qin Fang. He didn't find out until a bit later. 

Si Teng is slowly opening up to the possibility of having emotions the longer she spend time with Qin Fang. I'm on episode 11 and the romance has not started yet. You can tell that they care for each other but Qin Fang is still resolving his past relationships. I've seen photos and clips and it seems like short after this episode, Qin Fang will start to develop feelings. :heart:

Dramapotatoe wrote a blog entry on the locations for Rattan. In the discord server that I'm in, a member (neko) mentioned that because much of the budget was spent on production they asked a lot of the celebrities' team to be extras on the show and also the foods served were not great. I think their hard work definitely paid off because the visual is absolutely stunning. 

Pictures released this weekend. 

KGke3kB.jpg

Spoiler

XDgandy.jpg

PDxttQr.jpg

ypsoZx7.jpg

N994MW5.jpg

xMF3Hrz.jpg

Lg5zvIq.jpg

Bai Ying, Si Teng's evil half?

CVHJK5w.jpg

• Like 1

Wa Fang is the student of Yan Fu Rui (who is the student of the person that raised Si Teng, Qiu Shan). Everyone always think the worst of Si Teng and even Wa Fang likes to play tricks on her too, but at the end of the day, he thinks his "aunty" is really nice and kind. Everyone that questions him, he tells them he likes her and they never want to believe him. This scene was during the time they returned home after they recused him. Yan Fu Rui had to leave on an errand for Si Teng. Because of how much Wa Fang likes to play tricks on Si Teng, their relationship is so cute. Haha! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Jing Tian is such a pro! And a natural beauty! Look at the painstaking process of being Si Teng and having to undergo this Inverted Face and Body Molding process. :cool:

BTS on Molding Process :pandapopcorn:

And some random screenshots below.

:GrimChamp:

Spoiler

mold1.png

mold3.png

mold2.png

001-Na9kkly1gosous2bhhj60ru0foq4s02.jpg

mold4.png

This OTP is so cute and compatible together, in and out of the drama. Hmm... is the ship sailing already? lol

001-Na9kkly1gosh7w0b6vg60p00li4r702.gif

001-Na9kkly1gosh5hfojtg60qo0f0e8302.gif

Jing Tian & Binbin :wow:

001-Na9kkly1gosh4wy3blj617c1kwgno02.jpg

001-Na9kkly1gorllzahl0g60kv0goqv802.gif

CR: weibo

On 3/16/2021 at 11:38 PM, Tofu said:

Wow, Zhang Binbin and Jing Tian's chemistry is insane! It seems like they always have to be together. Qin Fang's appearance change if he is too far away from Si Teng and she loses power if he's not there? Or did I understand that wrong? 

Absolutely INSANE!

Yes, Si Teng has placed a "spell/curse" on QF so he can't run away from her. LOL she is his master.:MewGiggle:

As for the latter part, I haven't watched that far to know if it is so. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

19 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Look at the painstaking process of being Si Teng and having to undergo this Inverted Face and Body Molding process.

Wow, I didn't realized she had to go through all of that! A lot of hard work was put into this drama, for sure!

This OTP is so cute and compatible together, in and out of the drama. Hmm... is the ship sailing already? lol

I love their chemistry in Rattan and also in real life too. Zhang Binbin mentioned that he still sends her messages about their drama. 

As for the latter part, I haven't watched that far to know if it is so. 

How far along are you now?

From one of my favorite scenes, I think this was in episode 15 or 16?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Heart Eyes 1
On 3/22/2021 at 10:18 PM, Tofu said:

How far along are you now?

Ep 8 only :letalQQ: 

And too many good dramas to catch up on as well.:GengarPout:

On 3/22/2021 at 10:18 PM, Tofu said:

From one of my favorite scenes, I think this was in episode 15 or 16?

Awwww.... :love:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Ep 8 only :letalQQ: 

And too many good dramas to catch up on as well.:GengarPout:

I agreed! There are so many good ones out and so many potentially good ones coming out too. I'm always structuring my drama watch list to make way for new ones. :scaredpanda2:

Right now, I think I'm on episode 20 or 21. I'm watching some episodes without subs and some with the bad iQIYI subs. I plan on going back to watch the English subs released through YoYo too. I can't get enough of Zhang Binbin and Jing Tian. They are just the best.

These photos were released this week and they are my favorite for the drama so far!

MFQmpEU.jpg

NaoTduG.jpg

b8D00W3.jpg

• Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Right now, I think I'm on episode 20 or 21. I'm watching some episodes without subs and some with the bad iQIYI subs. I plan on going back to watch the English subs released through YoYo too. I can't get enough of Zhang Binbin and Jing Tian. They are just the best.

Be careful with YT channels. Sometimes, they are machine translations i.e.. really bad.  Some IQ subs are good. I haven't seen the subs for Rattan, so I will not comment on it.

Fully agree. Binbin and Jing Tian are smoking hot! 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Right now, I think I'm on episode 20 or 21.

Oh wow! You're way ahead of me. I'm trailing behind very badly:laugh:

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 10:31 PM, oppasaranghaeyo said:

Be careful with YT channels. Sometimes, they are machine translations i.e.. really bad.  Some IQ subs are good. I haven't seen the subs for Rattan, so I will not comment on it.

Fully agree. Binbin and Jing Tian are smoking hot! 

I've watched the English subs on YoYo's channel and on iQIYI (they are bad). In general, I just love the chemistry between Zhang Binbin and Jing Tian that I'm willing to watch on different platforms just so I can watch them again. Haha! iQIYI, recently, restricted Rattan to USA viewers again so I won't be able to watch it on there anymore. :cry:

Prior to their restriction, the viewers learned that Qin Fang is a descendant of Bai Ying. Qin Fang doesn't want to believe it. Qin Fang also confessed to Si Teng that he doesn't care what she is, he likes her for who she is. 

By the way, I misspoke in my earlier post. I thought I was further along but it turns out I was only a little into episode 19. I think I might have been on episode 20 or 21 for a different drama and got the two confused. Now that I don't have access to watch Rattan, I'll probably stay on this episode for a while. I did find a website that does recap so those have been nice to read to learn how the drama has moved along: https://cyn-lynn.blogspot.com/2021/03/rattan-recap-and-review.html

I think these are from episode 16 or 17 -- I really should start adding the episode number to these when I create them.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In today's episodes, it was revealed that Qin Fang is not a descendant of Bai Ying. He actually came from the tree that Si Teng was attached to before Qiu Shan turned her into a human. When Bai Ying basically threw Qin Fang, he went into a coma because he severely injured himself. Si Teng tried to give him some of her energy but his body would accept it. Si Teng touched him (not exactly sure since this is based off all the things I read), and was able to see his connection to her. That's how she found out that he came from the same tree. This is different from the novel and it's probably to pass censorship.

By the way, they kiss at the end of episode 22!! :wow:

7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Yay @UnniSara!! The visual of this drama is crazy beautiful! How are you liking it so far?

The visual are beautiful and the acting is also amazing. The contrast between 1939 and 2020 was well done. I feel the ove is smell done too.
@Tofu
From the moment Si Teng awaken and how the world shook was so beautiful. Her powers is also beautiful and elegant like the character itself. Si Teng is also arrogant. I hope they explain why Qin Fang’s blood was able to awaken Si Teng. 

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

I hope they explain why Qin Fang’s blood was able to awaken Si Teng. 

They do! It doesn't occur until somewhere around episode 21 or 22. There's a lot of speculation of how they are connection leading up to when they finally explain it. Their connection in the drama is different from the connection in the novel though. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1