My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装 [2021]

3 hours ago, SnT said:

I saw the interview of Johnny n li qin. Johnny actually rant the same on muze character. Saying muze drags on to express his feelings. He says he felt anxious for muze haha... 

That is so funny that even Johnny feels our frustration for his character!  It is interesting how he'll always go riiiiiiiiight up to the line, they'll trade these intense eye glances, and then he kills the mood with some other pithy comment.  TEASE!  Maybe it's his work that prevents him from crossing over the line.  ZR's comment about him not being available to protect XC definitely hit its mark, even though LMZ was already exhibiting these push/pull dance moves prior to the comment.  I must admit, though, the dance is totally one of the most riveting parts of the drama -- which is no doubt why the writer and director are doing it!  :P  

3 hours ago, SnT said:

N when i watch yamh i was like doc/special police force relationships is so tough. They cant find time to date. N i used to think doctors spouses are tough. Now watching this i feel one should not date a soldier unless u are so super strong n independent. Gf/wife will not even know where they r. On mission, out of country even. U don know when he is gone n when he is coming back, not to expect him to do first day kindy or pta meetings for sure. Look at xiao jun mum. I don think that kinda life suits most ppl. I thibk here it only works because she is a military doc. N understand the framework. Kinda sad to think that these ppl who protects the nation n ppl can't live a mormsl life. 

In Descendants of the Sun that was the main obstacle between the OTP - Kang Mo-yeon found it hard to accept that Yoo Shi-jin would just disappear without word and not be able to share any details, leaving her to wonder whether he was alive/dead.  I'm reminded of that watching this drama. 

In terms of YRMH, I found it interesting that during a Sina panel event this week, one of the producers of the drama spoke about how originally in the book, Xing Ke Lei was a special forces soldier but for the drama, they changed him to a special police so he'd have more regular work hours and they could have more daily life scenes, including with the female lead, Mika.  Since LMZ is a special forces soldier in this drama, I think that comment helps give us some scale in terms of how hard it is for him to get away.  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@themarchionessyou describe it perfectly.. Haha... N he always kill it with a really terrible comment, like i need u... take care of my cousin n btw she is kinda sick, he holds her hand from his shirt outside n my heart almost pops n he goes if u press harder, the stethoscope will press right through my chest....puah puah puah black bird flying across my head n cold water dump. 

But from many comments ftom. Muze , the most muze made is like u still like detective story, what's w u n him, u don like armymen. I think he is not 100% sure of her choices (whether it may still be zr) n of couurse he knows he will never be a normal boyfriend or husband n he does not know her enough to be sure she is that material to take him up. In other words, there isnt a ignition or catalyst event that makes him take the dive. 

But li qin says she enjoy that push n pull in the drama. N johnny went.. What gals enjoy that???!!! I thought gals like guys who r straighforward haha... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, SnT said:

But li qin says she enjoy that push n pull in the drama. N johnny went.. What gals enjoy that???!!! I thought gals like guys who r straighforward haha... 

Hahahaha… do you have a link to this interview? It sounds fun. I’d like to watch!

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Hahahaha… do you have a link to this interview? It sounds fun. I’d like to watch!

There bits n pcs. This is one of the longest. 

Second video talks about their feelings for the characters. 

Johnny seems like a nice chap. Not very attention seeking type. Looks like a casual n fun block. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

anyone here think that the foreigner soldier is a turnover coat?

he look suspicious to me as working in the army / forces actually if you have chance to take out / subdue the opponent you will do it so that you can interrogate them later...

however he shoot them dead....

Yes too fast. A bit weird..n he seems regretting becoming w soldier..feeling mercenary. I m concern about pei yu... I think same guy as zr.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

PeiYu? ZR's assistant, the guy with bad teeth and bad hair?

Pei Yu is the guy the foreign soldier mentioned when he and LMZ were having drinks together. The foreign soldier mentioned that LMZ reminded him of a friend of his, someone who’d been a soldier through and through, but ended up going to work as a mercenary. LMZ asked what his name was and the foreign soldier replied, Pei Yu. 

Pei Yu and ZR being one and the same, as @SnT suggests, is  an interesting theory. Could be… he lived abroad. Maybe he joined the military, gained some skills, and then returned to the Old Master. Even if PY is not ZR, I’m sure the PY person will tie back to Old Master as well. 

The foreign soldier definitely gave off-putting vibes with all his money-focused talk and then shooting the guys dead rather than trying to get info out of them. I don’t know if he’s betrayed his uniform yet, but it prob won’t be long if he hasn’t already.  Makes me sad to think LMZ had to share drinks with the likes of him, if he does turn out to be a turncoat. 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics

8 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Pei Yu and ZR being one and the same, as @SnT suggests, is  an interesting theory. Could be… he lived abroad. Maybe he joined the military, gained some skills, and then returned to the Old Master. Even if PY is not ZR, I’m sure the PY person will tie back to Old Master as well. 

the same thought cross my mind too when i heard the foreign soldier mention this one....

i was wondering whether can PY and ZR be the same person since after all....ZR seems to be pretty well train....the Old Master seems to have ties almost everywhere so i will not be surprise that PY is also one of the Old Master's ppl

either that PY might be the assistant....

• Insightful 2

If I remember correctly, too, when XC was explaining ZR to LMZ, she said originally he’d wanted to grow up and write detective novels but then because of family matters, he was planning on joining the military, and then one day he disappeared. If I’m remembering the military part correctly that would also be another tick mark in favor of the ZR/PY theory.

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

My Fanfics

27 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

If I remember correctly, too, when XC was explaining ZR to LMZ, she said originally he’d wanted to grow up and write detective novels but then because of family matters, he was planning on joining the military, and then one day he disappeared. If I’m remembering the military part correctly that would also be another tick mark in favor of the ZR/PY theory.

true....

someone need to be train some where for this deal....and ZR does came off to be highly skill in that department....

• Like 1

Will back read in a bit ...but I am watching eps 15 ...Why did Xia Chu even bother asking LMZ if he would like durian cheese roll or steam cake? Has she forgotten how he dislikes durian? :lol:

Spoiler

rqWlRaj.png

hahaahha ...I ship Dr Zhang with XJ's mum....good that he chose steam cake !

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I LOL-ed so hard when Tian Yong hoped that cursing parrot Okay would become a lady one day. Tian Yong doesn't know what he is wishing for. :laugh:

That whole fight scene at the bar in Vitalik seems rather suspicious @NiteWalker. The fact that soldier talking to LMZ ( the one who thought of joining the private military) shot the men - it is as if he wants to cover something up. He could very well be  working for ZR's boss who ordered them to kill LMZ.

And of course XC's crush on LMZ is becoming obvious - how quickly she agreed to volunteer to go to his base camp for work on New Year's Day! I do love how she turned down ZR at the end . She got straight to the point.

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I LOL-ed so hard when Tian Yong hoped that cursing parrot Okay would become a lady one day. Tian Yong doesn't know what he is wishing for. :laugh:

u know what they say...u wishes for something and then you regretted that you wishes for it :wow2:

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

That whole fight scene at the bar in Vitalik seems rather suspicious @NiteWalker. The fact that soldier talking to LMZ ( the one who thought of joining the private military) shot the men - it is as if he wants to cover something up. He could very well be  working for ZR's boss who ordered them to kill LMZ.

exactly...it was clearly a setup...them having a drink at the bar was pretty random....only those ppl who knew their schedule well would have known that MuZe will be there...the soldier was probably the mole planted by the Old Master

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

And of course XC's crush on LMZ is becoming obvious - how quickly she agreed to volunteer to go to his base camp for work on New Year's Day!

well u obviously dont get all hipee just by the sight of the guy....however im glad that when she was on job / duty she tone it down and took care of her job without fail

however i love it when Dr.Zhang ordered XiaChu to take over the ill doctor to go out with the team to help the call out and XiaoJun ended up questioning him why that he ordered XiaChu to go and not himself hahhaha

• Like 2

The conversation in ep16 is sizzling w every words. 

Xc: Captain ur heart is beating a little fast 

Mz: Yes, it is. I m a sick. What should do? 

Xc: Sick. U hv to get check up. May need to open up the chest if serious. U dare? 

Mz: If u dare, i m all for it. 

Hold her hand over his shirt, Dr, if u press harder, it will go straight into my heart. 

Woohhooo... I read it like this:

Sizzling sizzling glances. 

Xc: Captain ur heart is beating a little fast 

Mz: Yes, it is. Love sick for u haha. What i should do? 

Xc: Sick. U hv to get check up. May need to open up the chest if serious. 

U dare to let me open ur chest n see what is in the heart. 

Mz: If u r willing, i willing to let u see.. Hehe.... 

Holding her hand over shirt, Dr if u press harder, it will go straight into my heart. 

Edited by SnT
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I really liked eps 16 and I wholeheartedly root for the romance now, if I didn't before. Those flirty lines that @SnT posted can make one blush! :smile:. But I think what I find myself looking forward to is when they go on missions together and have those meaningful heart to heart. Trope free , honest conversations. I remember them having one when they were at the flood mission and now this. Now, it is matter of time for someone to confess. Who will say it 1st? And which episode do you all thinK?

Actually Xia Chu is the perfect wife candidate so to speak for someone like LMZ's job. She isn't just a doctor but a military one which was different for the FL in DOTS who was a doctor who volunteered her service when they went to "Greece" . So XC is well aware of the sort of high risk his job demands, and she herself would also be involved in such. The current push pull is nothing to do with their jobs but it is just to torture us audience so that we will last 40 episodes with the drama. Haaha...If they get too early together ,where is the fun in that right? :lenny:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

10 hours ago, SnT said:

Second video talks about their feelings for the characters. 

Thanks for sharing those videos! I also liked the part where they discussed the "fingers to the lip" scene.  Johnny found it so awkward to act and didn't think the viewers would go for it while Li Qin predicted the viewers would love it, and then they replayed a scene of it and I Mmmmmm-ed all over again rewatching it.  LOL.  Li Qin was totally right.  Our hearts go pitter patter for that kind of stuff.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahaha just Johnny lifting LiQin like it's nothing! 

I sent that the same vid to a friend yesterday because..... yeahhhh!  That one arm lift, especially!  Why is there no "fanning self" emoji??  Hahaha.

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

OF ALL THE CONVERSATIONS TO HAVE INTERRUPTED.  Ackkk..... Tian Yong.  I don't like you right now.  :GengarPout:  Lol. 

(You will all understand my pout/complaint within the first 5 minutes of Episode 17, hahaha.)

Edited by themarchioness
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

Can anyone enlighten me in beginning of ep 17..

Spoiler

Muze says before yesterday, it may not concern... About xc zr induced insonmia. 

Whats with yesterday? 

I couldn't make sense why he says that

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

OF ALL THE CONVERSATIONS TO HAVE INTERRUPTED.  Ackkk..... Tian Yong.  I don't like you right now.  :GengarPout:  Lol. 

(You will all understand my pout/complaint within the first 5 minutes of Episode 15, hahaha.)

I din understand why it only matters from  today on. Xc only gone to csmp for medical duties. N got selected to join mission. What's so special? 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2

Love a few things sbout today episodes 17 n 18

Spoiler

When xc is in danger, all she could think of is what muze teach her... To run. N she screamed his name repeatedly . Showing how 1. Her trust for him 2. In critical moments all she want is to see him.. Like how my kid will scream mommy mommy when she is hurt, injured, scare. Shows that person is at the very top of ur heart n u feel n know wo doubt he or she can take all the care n danger away. 

He did not dissappoint. He was there. 

How he is admitting to almost everyone his interest for her.. To her cousin who describes him. As a young man first encounter of love. He did not deny the love bit. But admit that he is young haha... To dr zhang.. When he says as a soldier i m so busy. No time to hesitate... Good boy n way to go muze.  Even to his boss of his worry for her. 

Love how he took annual leave to stay home w her. N she admitted that seeing him at home makes her feel reassured. Hope tjis annual leave thingy will give us lots of cp moments n developed their relationships to the next level. 

These two sizzling glances can really cook an egg. They were holding hands when cousin took their photos haha..looks like missy cousin are becoming important. N he is all dreamy over the cherry jam. 

So glad zr is playing prof xia assistant card n leave xc alone for now. 

Edited by SnT
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, SnT said:

Can anyone enlighten me in beginning of ep 17..

Reveal hidden contents

Muze says before today, it wasn't important... About xc insonmia. 

Whats with today? 

I couldn't make sense why he says that

I din understand why it only matters fro  today on. Xc only gone to csmp for medical duties. N got selected to join mission. What's so special? 

I got called away for a meeting right after so I was only able to watch the opening scene really.  I also watched not with subs, so maybe my impressions will change after I do, but from the little bit that I watched and my understanding of that convo.... the sense I got was that it mattered now because he's made a decision within himself to go after her.  We've talked before about how he's been holding himself back.  Maybe he's decided to stop doing that?  I also think her insomnia is an issue for him because it's ZR-related.  From his perspective, how could he like knowing that she's still suffering sleepness nights over another man?  So I think that's why he wants to know whether she's really over it because he's ready to move in.  That's just my 2 cents for now.... more later!  Another meeting calls, haha.

P.S. But boy I wish we could've heard how he would've answered!!!  Hrmph.  Stupid interruptions. :P

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

@themarchionessi thought about it for a while... N it concurs w your thought. He has been holding back because he is unsure if she had completely let zr go (i mean we all know she has and his instinct n her response to his teasing n water testing tells him he has a good chance but a person in love looks for 100% not 50 50.)  Signs that is 50 50 is 1. She says she dislike army men n would not date one n that is from zr ambition 2. She suffers insomnia n that was zr related 3. She has unriddable habits that is related to zr n 4. she seems to trusts n defend zr.

So i guess he wants to know n it is so important to him (even cherry jam he need to ask u make for others, guess he is worry that she is just being friendly) that she is over zr. N today especially he wants to know like what u say, he is ready to go ahead. Remember that body checkup conversation if u dare to open me, up i am willing to let u see. N that conversation on the boat is meaningful to them because he knows she is the right material for him. She is strong n tough like what her dad wants her to be when daddy name her wanjiu. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1