My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装 [2021]

10 hours ago, SnT said:

Zr prob heard all the sizzling conversations between them goes cuckold n want ti slaughter lmz off. 

it was really stupid!! he showing signs that he is still hook up on XC however we can felt that he will not be bother if taking out LMZ means he need to take out XC as well...he had endanger XC 2 times....first one was when he chase after him in the street and the 2nd one is now for the organ transplant!

• Like 1

He is man who wants his toy back at his beck n call. Just pure possessiveness.. 

I find him a snake. He consciencely play w xc n migu feelings. See how he is sweet n charming when he wants something from migu. But the moment he doesn't need her like during ep 20. He says he is busy so cannot meet. He was cold. Brrrrrr..... 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, SnT said:

He is man who wants his toy back at his beck n call. Just pure possessiveness.. 

I find him a snake. He consciencely play w xc n migu feelings. See how he is sweet n charming when he wants something from migu. But the moment he doesn't need her like during ep 20. He says he is busy so cannot meet. He was cold. Brrrrrr..... 

he is what u call a pure 'user' someone who only take and take and take and take however never gave back in return

• Like 2

I like how he instinctively protects her. I think in DOTS, YSJ kept his seat belt on, because it was a more practical thing to do. AND of course, theirs was falling headlong off a cliff into the sea (almost 90 degrees), so he would have crashed into the windscreen w/out the seat belt on. Whereas this one, there's an arc to the car and a more gentle dive into the sea. But still, that he would disregard his own safety to protect her in his arms, SWOON.

Capture327cb24ebb0b37b4a.jpg

@SnT Mi Gu also knows, she's in denial, it takes two to tango. As she confessed to XC in the hospital, their relationship is more than one step away. But ethics-wise, yes, he's no Saint. And that he would endanger XC with the car chase totally shows that he could care less about putting her in harm's way. So, no matter what happens, this character will get no empathy or sympathy for me, when it comes to his relationship with XC.

@NiteWalkerI saw from the preview, that he gets jealous? And XC pushes LMZ in defense of ZR and that is why he gets angry? (as explained by screeching cousin)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
14 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalkerI saw from the preview, that he gets jealous? And XC pushes LMZ in defense of ZR and that is why he gets angry? (as explained by screeching cousin)

yup....LMZ will be jealous today...pure jealousy because XC stood to protect and believe in ZR despite her instinct telling her otherwise...

you can see that she stood stone still and scared when ZR walk towards her at outside the operation room when she handed the organ to the colleague that rushes out of the operation room...

something about ZR now scare her and she isnt listening to it, however we can see that whatever LMZ said is paying off though honestly i dislike how she disregard what LMZ said about ZR, i mean he is a soldier and he wont simply accuse someone....

by the way we should be glad for today episode @abs-oluteM they will find the easedropping EQ today!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Clapping Hands 2
12 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@abs-oluteM I swear LMZ is such a tease for using 'three words'. For a soldier with such a 'kayu' face, he is such a flirt. My goodness, the shierking cousin actually verbalised whatever he was feeling. Ok, she's much smarter and so much more perceptive than what she appeared to be in the first place.

hahhaa how fitting

"Kayu" hahahahahaha for those of you who are wondering what its means, it means lumber / wood hahahhaa

:laugh:

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

The only part I liked about Migu today was when she helped clue XC in to LMZ’s feelings. And the cousin shrieked less in today’s episodes, so progress there! 

well...as expected she is the friend we wanted for XC....and it is definitely less about herself....

the cousin tone it down a little and she look good hahaha

1 hour ago, IpohBanana said:

I like how he instinctively protects her. I think in DOTS, YSJ kept his seat belt on, because it was a more practical thing to do. AND of course, theirs was falling headlong off a cliff into the sea (almost 90 degrees), so he would have crashed into the windscreen w/out the seat belt on. Whereas this one, there's an arc to the car and a more gentle dive into the sea. But still, that he would disregard his own safety to protect her in his arms, SWOON.

well i can also see why he took out his belts, so that he is able to get out of the car and not be stuck soon....though to be honest i think the inside the water is happening in a swimming pool which was pretty obvious as u can see that the sinking of the car is pretty stagnant hahahaha

• Haha 2

The bit he took of the seat belt is well done. Smooth, manly n motive clear. He took it off to use his body to cover her up.. What a man!!! 

Hopefully tonight more sweetness than heart thumping actions. At least a proper date before is annual leave end. 

My interest in dots in now perked. It is on iqiyi too. May try watching it.. But i dont do kdrama causebi dislike reading subs as the language i m. Not familiar. Kinda distracting from the screen

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@NiteWalker to give you an idea of what I meant about the car plunging headlong into the sea for DOTS.

No way, YSJ (ML) could have taken off seat belt.

headlong.jpg

agree - can tell it was a swimming pool, very obvious!

they found the listening device? Yah I thought that was what he said, but wasn't 100% sure as it was
quite fast and my reading skills of the Chinese subs is really sub-par. YAY for them, no more eavesdropping by creepy ZR.

@SnT Readings subs gets some taking used to but after sometime it's ok. I need subs for C-drama most times as well, so what would I do w/out subs? DOTS was THE show that most people were going crazy over during that period. You should watch it, the chemistry is really good, naturally as they were oredi secretly dating then.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@NiteWalker to give you an idea of what I meant about the car plunging headlong into the sea for DOTS.

No way, YSJ (ML) could have taken off seat belt.

yes i know what you mean....however looking at how TianYong made the car slammed into the pillar during episode 13 damn the jolt!

they found the listening device? Yah I thought that was what he said, but wasn't 100% sure as it was
quite fast and my reading skills of the Chinese subs is really sub-par. YAY for them, no more eavesdropping by creepy ZR.

yes they found the devices and LMZ routed it back and said that is was probably done by ZR which of course XC defended him again and after arguing....this times it was XC who pull LMZ down for a kiss lols...

btw im not sure about you guys....i honestly find XC is very unprofessional....she treated Teacher Zhang like an enemy when he refuses to use EMCO on the suicide patient....i mean you can fight for the survival of a chance for your patient however not in that way....she was very emotional

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, SnT said:

My interest in dots in now perked. It is on iqiyi too. May try watching it.. But i dont do kdrama causebi dislike reading subs as the language i m. Not familiar. Kinda distracting from the screen

main reason i dont do Kdrama now is because i cant multi task hahahaha....

with C-Drama i can multi task since i can listen in while i do other things and still know what happen

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

DOTS...so no comment there hahahaha :Ghastlel:

This was my very 1st k drama back in 2016 . LOL ....I don't find this that similar to DOTS. Except for their professions, I think the drama plot is quite different. In DOTS , Soong Joong Ki's character is a lot more cheeky. LMZ here is more reserved and serious. And Song Hye Kyo's character is more calm compared to Xia Chu ( agree she is still pretty emotional - somewhat her personality from the start) .

I am guessing that in spite of the criticisms on Douban because of the less than stellar plot development here and the overuse of tropes for the romance, people still tune in because it is still able to engage the audience. It is not without a story unlike some rom-coms. And the leads do have great visuals together.

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM I think ppl just tend to generalise and say it's another doctor-soldier romance without realising that most other dramas also are about rich chaebols and poor girls or princes/dukes and peasants. Absolutely right, SHK was more dignified in that role, except when she was drunk and jumping around on the sofa in one of the episodes. When she was interviewed about it, she was kinda embarassed but said that it actually happened to her before, which is why she acted that way in the drama. And SJK was more cheeky which added to his boyish charms.

LMZ here is more the stereotypical image of a soldier but XC is really quite something, I wonder in a military hospital how her behaviour could have been put up with, probably 'kena' quite a few times for insubordination (having said that, in real life, high performers, are tolerated for their bad behaviours). And seriously, her boss is too soft, I don't think he would have survived in a real military hospital as well. I think her character at work is being portrayed as someone who accentuates the lofty ideals of being a doctor, prioritising life over everything else. Perhaps because in real life, we know medicine/private practice is miles apart from what she depicts.

Yah I saw some of the comments on Douban, really quite harsh, but then when people can remain anonymous behind a keyboard, they dare say things without thinking about the impact of their actions on others.

Edited: After being dunked in the sea, and dripping wet, gee their clothes dried a bit too fast? I can see the dry strands of wool or synthetic fibres?

Capture22457b3e52599fd57.jpg

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

i wonder who figure out the hidden mic in the cat collar? and also how it was discover? because they decided to change the bow?

qMcXyhU.png

22 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

LMZ here is more the stereotypical image of a soldier but XC is really quite something, I wonder in a military hospital how her behaviour could have been put up with, probably 'kena' quite a few times for insubordination (having said that, in real life, high performers, are tolerated for their bad behaviours). And seriously, her boss is too soft, I don't think he would have survived in a real military hospital as well. I think her character at work is being portrayed as someone who accentuates the loft ideals of being a doctor, prioritising life over everything else. Perhaps because in real life, we know medicine/private practice is miles apart from what she depicts.

somehow seeing how XC interacted with Dr. Zhang here....i miss the interaction in between Mika & Dr Shao, they are more like a teacher and student and the respect for each other thought is there....

while in XC case honestly i see no respect, as she tends to push ahead with the patients if her superior disregard her statement about the 2nd choice or so on....she felt that she is correct most of the times with her diagnose or evaluation.....then at another point you will see she proclaim her admiration to her superior skill.....

in Dr. Zhang's sides i see he more towards statistics, he wasnt really into pushing for the best solution and give it a try regardless whether the chances is 70% or 50% or lower....

the only logical person thru out for me LMZ and i'm going to say the shrieking cousin....while she might not make sense and being unreasonable due to lack of attention from her father or trying to do what she can to score some attention with the father....i find that i can comprehend where she stood....

TianYong is cute hahaha....i love him then when he is on duty he is also very alert and nothing less than LMZ too....

• Clapping Hands 2
9 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

LMZ here is more the stereotypical image of a soldier but XC is really quite something, I wonder in a military hospital how her behaviour could have been put up with, probably 'kena' quite a few times for insubordination (having said that, in real life, high performers, are tolerated for their bad behaviours). And seriously, her boss is too soft, I don't think he would have survived in a real military hospital as well. I think her character at work is being portrayed as someone who accentuates the loft ideals of being a doctor, prioritising life over everything else. Perhaps because in real life, we know medicine/private practice is miles apart from what she depicts.

True true. I get what the drama was trying to do as well with the latest episodes however unrealistic it is .  After all like XC says  there is no price on someone's life.  I do agree with her to an extent that the family should be told about possible treatments even if it will cause an arm & a leg as the hospital should not remove the family's (the father's in this case) agency in the matter.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Ugh, ZR’s jealousy is so misplaced, I find. What does he expect from her at this stage in even his own life? Let’s say she really was still waiting for him and fell into his arms when he reappeared. Then what? How would she fit into the life he leads? Would he just always lead a double life in front of her? This is why sometimes I can’t tell if he’s only using her to get to her dad? In front of the Old Master, I’m sure that is the message. And yet, I can sense he is personally bothered and jealous too. I just want him to go away… unfortunately, as the bad guy, I’m sure he’ll be around until the end. That’s great if they finally find the bug though! I hope they comfort Er Miao when they find it on her collar because she’s really suffered! 😂

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

As for the DotS comparisons, I already shared my thoughts on that few pages back. I suppose it’s inevitable but I’d use it more for recommending, like, if you enjoyed the genre in DotS, you might like MDG. Otherwise they really are their separate stories. The conflict between the OTP is different, there’s more slice of life here, and really why can’t people just enjoy each drama unto their own? Hrmph. Also, if I remember correctly, wasn’t the book this drama is based on written before DotS? Anyway, I watched DotS and loved it, but I’m loving MDG a lot too. My enjoyment of one does not affect the other! 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Re: Dr. Zhang’s reaction to XC’s announcement that she fell into the water. I’d like to think his middling response was because he was in the middle of an operation. After all, he and the others in the OR did look like they were taken aback by this unexpected news, but what can they do about it in that moment when their attention and focus need to be on the patent. It’s not some routine operation. I’d like to imagine instead that afterward Dr. Zhang would talk to her more and find out more about what happened.

I’m more curious to know about the old guy who took XC’s picture. At first I was afraid he was taking her pic to file a complaint later, but then he smiled so I think he was more amused than annoyed by her continuing to run on with the cooler. Is it too much to hope he’ll end up a rich donor who’s so moved by XC’s dedication and passion that he solves all their monetary problems? Haha.

Speaking of which, XC’s butting heads against her superiors would bother me more except the drama seems to be wanting to send the message of passion and advocacy over jaded, battle-worn feelings in the workplace, so I just chalk her actions up to that. What does bother me more is how freely everyone is able to access the doctors’ offices, even LMZ to say nothing of ZR!  That is the most unrealistic aspect of the drama for me, haha. I mean there’s patient information, computers! Privacy and data protection is necessary, lol! Oh well…. LMZ needs to deliver his cakes. 😝

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

24 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I’m more curious to know about the old guy who took XC’s picture. At first I was afraid he was taking her pic to file a complaint later, but then he smiled so I think he was more amused than annoyed by her continuing to run on with the cooler. Is it too much to hope he’ll end up a rich donor who’s so moved by XC’s dedication and passion that he solves all their monetary problems? Haha.

Speaking of which, XC’s butting heads against her superiors would bother me more except the drama seems to be wanting to send the message of passion and advocacy over jaded, battle-worn feelings in the workplace, so I just chalk her actions up to that. What does bother me more is how freely everyone is able to access the doctors’ offices, even LMZ to say nothing of ZR!  That is the most unrealistic aspect of the drama for me, haha. I mean there’s patient information, computers! Privacy and data protection is necessary, lol! Oh well…. LMZ needs to deliver his cakes. 😝

Yah I was wondering what's with this old guy taking photos of XC?

I just interviewed someone for work and the topic of personnel and business security was broached, so when you wrote about how could people waltz in and out of the office, it brought on a chuckle. Yes, of course, he has to be able to deliver his cakes. But seriously, when I was a medical sales representative, I could walk quite easily into offices, less so for the private sector, more easily for government doctors' offices. So, security is less tight than you think. It's only operating theatres and ICUs that you can't because of germs and hygiene.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I guess there is many discussions here n elsewhere like mydramalist on the illogicalness of the drama. Yes, i think xc is unprofessional in the usual prodession standard. But there will always be one or two individuals who is just so beyond logic, idealistics n passionate. These ppl will always be hammered because they don follow the usual standard. U hv a bunch of senior doctors who is so jaded they look at numbers, risks calculation, benefits cost ratio. I think we need realiatic ppl to move the world like well oil engine but we also need passionate ppl who can create miracles n make changes.

They portrayed xc as such. I remembered many years ago when i was pregnant w my daughter n has placenta previa. Need to be bed rest as any bleeding can end my life n ny baby life. But the doctor did not want to give me leave stating the numbers of patients bleeding to death vs economy shows it is not necessary. Value no there. That moment my parents n my husband wanted to slap him. Its so cruel. At moments like that we all want doc like xc right..we don want drs who think themselves as god n decide for patients. 

I m more surprised dr zhang says the things he say. He comes across as a kind fun passionate person but suddenly he was so hmmmm.... i m in higher management style n start talking about number, risk n ops, think all along his surbodinates all were not that scare of him. See how they tease him on the bus, during the ny eve party.. N why dr zhang called xc to collect lungs like the entire hospital no other doctors ka haha.... . I think everyone knows how xc cares about the gal. She is literally her patient. So it is natural to share the news w her. N getting her to go is just natural for me as she knows the case so well. 

Zr has no love for xc. Just an obsession.. Creepy obsession. he think he can walk back into her life n she will fall right back into his arm. N he will get close to xia family n get his work done. He is obsessed in cutting lmz off. Some ppl think it is random zr call to crash muze. To me it is a logical opportunity, distance from home to airport n airport to hospital is long. About 2 hours, So it can be at any point in time the assasin comes in n a long stretch to finish them n since they r taking care of the lungs, he expect lmz to be more careful w driving. 

But i cant understand why isnt any news in convicting liu ran molester/rapist. Poor gal. That is so awful. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
35 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

But seriously, when I was a medical sales representative, I could walk quite easily into offices, less so for the private sector, more easily for government doctors' offices. So, security is less tight than you think. It's only operating theatres and ICUs that you can't because of germs and hygiene.

That’s interesting, what I’m familiar with is yes, nurse’s station would be open but doctor’s offices less so. They might have some where they meet with patients and their families, but they’d have their own separate office for private work. I also work with patient data and I’m not allowed to leave my computer without locking it and that’s even working behind locked doors from the public. You can imagine my horror when XC ran to get IT when her computer had issues, leaving ZR to stand next to it. 😝

15 minutes ago, SnT said:

Some ppl think it is random zr call to crash muze. To me it is a logical opportunity, distance from home to airport n airport to hospital is long.

Really? I agree with you, I think it more illogical to think ZR wouldn’t grab at any opportunity to take down LMZ. It’s not like he’s ever care about who else is in his path in the past. What’s another lung transplant patient? 

• Like 3

My Fanfics

But one point i don agree w is dr zhang asked xc to go get the lungs like its a parcel of food or something. I mean if muze is not arounf say in camp or zhang doesn't know they r staying together, xc will go in a taxi? Ehmmn... isnt it better procedures to ask an ambulance n a doc to escort it back. Can even avoid the jam if they hv siren on. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Shrieking cousin's reaction to the kiss in eps 21 cracked me up 

6vjPGZG.png

So it finally took a super jealous LMZ to give in to his feelings . We should thank ZR for instigating him eh? It was a sweet episode especially in the 2nd half. I do have a question though. When talking to his commander , LMZ mentioned about his feelings for XC and the commander of course encouraged him to go for it. But he said he wanted to be careful about this given this time. And then he asked if the transfer has been decided. Oh whatttttt....don't tell me LMZ is getting transferred somewhere abroad ?

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1