My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装 [2021]

Wow!! All the photos so far from their event looks really nice. From the BTS video, they worked so hard. I would have felt the immense pressure to climb over that rope if I was them. I probably would have got stuck climbing over because I would be in a panic. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I caught a bit of the first episode before work today and wow....it's a bit intense and action packed. It is very different from You Are My Hero so hopefully no one will compare the two. The male lead in this is military and the male lead in You Are My Hero was a special police officer (SWAT). 

Their first meeting was when he sprayed water all over her meal. :laugh:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my ...that was cheesy with a capital C....I mean the romance set up was a bit much and I don't know if I am warmed up to the FL yet. I didn't mind her being courageous and brave during the hostages scene but I found their interactions quite exaggerated especially her reactions to him. They didn't have to force it - from the very 1st scene of him accidentally spitting water on her food right to this set up co-habitation by their mothers, doesn't seem organic or natural enough.

Plus points was that the action scenes were good and Johnny looks hot with and without his uniform on.  Those arms look lovely. I guess that will see me through the initial episodes. I hope there's a good plot and that doctor here will calm down. :smug:

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Main reason I am watching 

Though the drama immediately draws comparisons to Descendants of the Sun because of their similar themes, the novel for My Dear Guardian was published before the airing of the Korea drama. In addition, the rescue mission scenes in My Dear Guardian were filmed with extreme realism and the longer 40-episode format allows for more intricate character and plot development outside of the main romance.

Despite his physically demanding role, Jinyu had earlier expressed that it is his “childhood dream to become a special forces soldier.” Because of family influence, the 28-year-old actor has admired soldiers and troops since young. As such, he believes there is some fate to be able to play the character.

Playing similar uniform roles before, Johnny gained relevant experience that laid a solid foundation for the difficult and risky action scenes in My Dear Guardian. Hoping to present his best action performance to audience, Jingyu put huge efforts to make himself mirror a real solider as closely as possible, and perfected every gesture from small gun movements to walking postures.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

my very first impressions....lols well i went thru all the 8 episodes yesterday night well into 2-3am in morning....hahaha one thing for sure i couldnt help and couldnt stop myself from comparing it with You're My Hero....

MDG really start off with some intense scenes...it was a normal day for both XiaChu and ZeMu, however it definitely didnt really end well for both....

both got off the wrong foot and while XiaChu seems competent and fully incharge when she is behind her mask she tends to be more absent minded and she doesnt stop herself and she talk nonstop!!!

while MuZe is your arrogant self all the way who is top in his own group, he carry a past that he cant seems to let go....this special army is more into intense fighting and involved heavier sets of training....

i had to stop myself and tell myself 'You're My Hero' is focus on SWAT while MDG is more on Army......

tonight we will be seeing them battling the flood and help to build some barricade to save and protect the civilian life... and livinghood.

G728VmB.pngIX8q1Rw.png

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mu Ze's bedsheets. Hahahaha!!

8bWwAUh.jpg

By the way, is his name Mu Ze or Ze Mu? iQIYI subs has it as Mu Ze but the first page has it as Ze Mu. I think she says Liang Mu Ze a lot too. I'm so confused because what am I supposed to call him? Hmm...I'll just call him Johnny. Haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya @Tofu IQIYI does call him Mu Ze.

@NiteWalker chemistry is not as good as his previous shows. Maybe it will grow on me. I am not a fan about how they are using all possible tropes & clichés to speed the romance.

I am watching eps 3 , and to be fair she's got a good heart and nosy as she is she did save the kid's life. She just needs to take a chill pill sometimes and not overreact. I like the kid , so smart and can see the bond he has with Johnny .  Also,  I cannot believe that she touched on him having PTSD when she barely knows him - that just came out of left field.  But his response cracked me up - she thought he was going to thank her and he asked her to move out instead . :lol:

• Like 2

The cohabitation hijinks shown in eps 6 was quite fun. ahahah this Liang Mu Ze was so cruel using his landlord card to get her to do things for him. But of course she did get back at him. 

I need to teach Johnny to appreciate Malaysia's national fruit

rqWlRaj.png

Think she was drooling here...ahahahaha.

v3wmmp5.png

Cannot blame her....just look at Johnny's arms

Spoiler

x71mW6R.png

Anyway, the 2nd lead guy / villain is so bland , in fact the other characters don't quite stand out. Don't mind her boss/ professor, seems like a good superior. 

And woah they are also going to introduce the fake girlfriend trope! LOL

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway, the 2nd lead guy / villain is so bland , in fact the other characters don't quite stand out.

Agreed. So far I'm 10 episodes in and I haven't found any of the other characters to be interesting. @NiteWalker, you're probably paying more attention to the drama than me. What's your take?

I hope they release these selfies! Haha!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Agreed. So far I'm 10 episodes in and I haven't found any of the other characters to be interesting. @NiteWalker, you're probably paying more attention to the drama than me. What's your take?

ahahaah, Angie is definitely paying more attention to the story. I am watching at 1.5 speed for non-Johnny or non-important scenes! 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Tofu said:

Mu Ze's bedsheets. Hahahaha!!

By the way, is his name Mu Ze or Ze Mu? iQIYI subs has it as Mu Ze but the first page has it as Ze Mu. I think she says Liang Mu Ze a lot too. I'm so confused because what am I supposed to call him? Hmm...I'll just call him Johnny. Haha!

i believe it MuZe too....i just follow the first page info previously....maybe we should update it to MuZe?

well the chemistry in between Johnny and LiQin got a little better from episode 9 onwards.....however to be honest with you guys....im having a hard times to believe LiQin as a doctor here @Tofu @abs-oluteM she doesnt look any inch a doctor that should be....

though Johnny is very convincing as a soldier under special force

• Haha 1

honestly MiGu is really unnecessary, her loyalty is only for her own desire.....and also ZuoRen....his hate and target and aim is also out of track....

XiaChu....i dunno what to say about her to be honest....for a moment i thought she got better than when she knew her friend change the medication she passed to MuZe....

to be honest....when MuZe said 'How old are you?' i felt that he is right on the dot!

their lines and plots are everywhere.....while definitely the main backbone of the story is for 'Organ trafficking'

currently the main reason im still enjoying the drama is just like you @abs-oluteM for Johnny, his presence as a Special Army Agent is good....his fight and move is as good....also the whole team too....

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1