My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装 [2021]

On 7/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, themarchioness said:

Especially the XC part -- sometimes it was like watching a mature professional, at other times an immature 13 year old.  I could never decide it was LQ's acting, the fault of the script, or uneven directing; in the end, maybe it was all three of those things.  I

Oh yes . It was actually the main thing that annoyed me . I kept thinking that they needed to dial it down - I do think it’s the way the scenes are written. Or maybe the editing . Sometimes these cdramas can be so choppy , drives me nuts :laugh:

But I came to appreciate her character later on - in some ways I like that she was a real doc at heart - she’s an idealist no doubt . And saving lives always took  precedence over toeing the line or following the rules . If I were a patient, I would want her in my camp . Also I can’t even pinpoint what it is I like about the pairing . Somehow I ended up really rooting for them . 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 7/10/2021 at 6:50 AM, abs-oluteM said:

But I came to appreciate her character later on

Same... I felt like her character evened out the more the drama went on.  Also, something I found interesting.  I wasn't a fan of Xia Chu's crying scenes in MDG.  Just felt like the LQ was struggling to emote.  But I'm watching her now in Tears of Heaven and she had a crying scene, and it was fine??  LOL.  Who knows.  In any event, flaws or not, I really liked the MDG characters... okay, minus the Bad Guys and Migu when she was being a lovesick idiot.  :laugh:

On 7/10/2021 at 6:50 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Also I can’t even pinpoint what it is I like about the pairing . Somehow I ended up really rooting for them . 

For me, part of it is whether I can picture how their life will progress beyond the drama, and in MDG it's very easy to see how Xia Chu and Liang Mu Ze will fare as a couple and family down the road.  There's just something very easy about the way they engage with each other and even the simplest scenes can pull you right in.  For example, the scene where she lies down next to him in the doctor's break room and he wraps his arms around her.  I love that scene!  I also wanted to link the clip, but of course now that I'm looking for it, iQiyi is hiding it from me and I can't find it, LOL.  

I'll share these two other clips instead:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

There's just something very easy about the way they engage with each other and even the simplest scenes can pull you right in.  For example, the scene where she lies down next to him in the doctor's break room and he wraps his arms around her.  I love that scene!  I also wanted to link the clip, but of course now that I'm looking for it, iQiyi is hiding it from me and I can't find it, LOL.  

Aha! With a little persistence I found the clip I was looking for. I will not be thwarted, iQiyi! Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

• 2 weeks later...

Watching a drama where a new character was just introduced - he has a past connection with the main leads, but his intentions in the current timeline are unclear.  Because of their past friendship, however, the FL feels favorable towards him while the ML is more suspicious; that could also partly be because he knows this new character was previously interested in the FL and thus sees his reappearance as competition.  But, I don't know... my spidey tingley senses tell me something is off about this new character.  More importantly, also the reason why I'm posting this in this drama discussion thread, the new character just gave the FL a cat and asked her to raise it in his stead because he can't keep it where he lives.  She agrees and I'm mentally screaming, "OMG THAT CAT MUST BE BUGGED!!!!" Because, you know, I'm "My Dear Guardian" trained like that.  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

hahahaha....still thinking of MDG? Strangely enough, I miss the OTP.

I totally get it. They're an addictive, charming OTP and they will also always have a special place in my heart (faults and all!) but after watching two other dramas and anticipating another, I think it's safe to say I've mostly moved on, hehehe.  Still, I had to chuckle as I was watching "Mysterious Love" last night and they got to the whole cat thing.  I mean, who knew bugged cats would become a drama trope?!  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

59 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I totally get it. They're an addictive, charming OTP and they will also always have a special place in my heart (faults and all!) but after watching two other dramas and anticipating another, I think it's safe to say I've mostly moved on, hehehe.  Still, I had to chuckle as I was watching "Mysterious Love" last night and they got to the whole cat thing.  I mean, who knew bugged cats would become a drama trope?!  :laugh:

u move on to 'You're My Glory' :cool:

• Haha 1
  • 10 months later...