20210820-183151.jpg
Han Dong as Prince Guang / Qi Chen
Xuan Lu as Qiu Yanzhi
Mickey He as Qiu Shiliang
Xi Xue as Cheng Xi
Yang Xi Zi as Liu Misha
He Zhong Hua as Li Deyun

Synopsis:

In Tang Dynasty-era China, in the 9th Century CE, the Emperor is locked in a deadly power struggle with a group of formidable eunuchs who wield enormous power at court. He decides to strike back by ordering the death of their ringleader Qiu Shi Liang. But the mission is botched. The eunuchs take revenge by ordering the death of the Emperor’s loyal first minister, along with his entire family. But his twin daughters, later to be known as Cheng Ruo Yun and Qiu Yan Zhi, escape. The eunuchs now seize yet more power over the royal court, rendering the Emperor a mere puppet. But the minister’s two daughters have evaded detection – and move off toward very different fates…

Yan Zhi becomes part of Qiu Shi Liang’s household, and is secretly hell-bent on revenge. But her sister Ruo Yun has taken the other side, joining a group of military professionals that is enlisted by the new, young Emperor Qi Yan. The Emperor is determined to rid the palace of the scourge of the eunuchs once and for all, and Ruo Yun pledges her life to help him do that – even if it means throwing herself in the path of danger. The duo starts to form a romantic bond as they get to know one another. But will the Emperor still trust her if he discovers her true identity – and her connection to his mortal foe?

~~ Adapted from the novel "Jian Qi Hang" (剑器行) by Fei Hua (飞花). 

Fun Facts
🍿Filming began on July 1, 2020.
Filming took place in Hengdian World Studios.
🍿Cheng Yi and Zhang Yuxi who starred in Love and Redemption with different love interests reunite to play an onscreen couple.
🍿It is Xuan Lu's first drama with H&R Century Pictures after she signed with the agency.
🍿Zhang Yuxi and co-star Han Dong played a couple in the Tencent movie Enormous Big Fish.

Sources:

dramawiki, mydramalist, viki, chinesedramainfo

Trailer

OSTs

Helpful Links

Weibo | Douban | Baidu | Wiki CH

• Like 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Lynne said:

@NiteWalkerWhatt???? Why.... i really like the trailer.. LOLOLOL.. tragic.... my kind of genre :wow2:

yes i love the trailer too....the chemistry between ChengYi and Zhang YuXi seems to be pretty good....however from the synopsis above LiYan was supposed to die in the end? i dunno is it on the fast track or maybe its on the slower track?

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...