Sisyphus: The Myth / 시지프스: The Myth - [2021]

im0202

More information on the show:

“Sisyphus: The Myth” is a fantasy mystery drama that focuses on the genius engineer Han Tae Sool (Cho Seung Woo), who embarks on a perilous journey to find out the truth, and his savior Kang Seo Hae (Park Shin Hye), who has walked a long and dangerous path for him.

Han Tae Sool, the co-founder of the international company Quantum and Time, is a genius who is exceptionally skilled in engineering and coding. This innate ability of his is the very reason why mysterious beings—who have been living in secret on the very planet that only humans were thought to live on—are after him.

Kang Seo Hae firmly believes that if she saves Han Tae Sool, he can save the world. Although she says about the future, “It’s a mirror of the present, and we can’t change it,” she seeks out Han Tae Sool and joins forces with him in order to create a future different from the one that they are stuck in.

The teaser shows Han Tae Sool digging through equipment as his voice says, “Those guys. We’re not the only ones living here. Other people were hiding among us. They’re looking for you.” After Han Tae Sool warns Kang Seo Hae to never go to their side, the action escalates as they struggle against the mysterious figures who are chasing them.

Text flashes by that reads, “One world, two futures,” and Han Tae Sool’s voice is heard saying, “Let’s put an end to this.” The teaser comes to a dramatic end as Kang Seo Hae declares, “If I save you, you can save the world.”

The drama’s production team commented, “We hope this teaser will give you a little more insight into the story of ‘Sisyphus,’ which still has many secrets. We ask for your continued interest in the story, which will be unveiled piece by piece.”

Source: Soompi

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 5

New poster

Caption: One World Two Futures

Sisyphus-The-Myth.jpg

Article translated from: http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1373442

"If I could go back to the past." Looking back, it is a family we often think about, filled with regret. But in'Sisyphus', the assumption becomes a reality.

A huge beam of light that stretches out vertically The grandeur and mystery overwhelms the eyes at once. It also raises questions about what is beyond that light. Being overwhelmed by the huge light is the same with Tae-sul and Seo-hae standing at the door of time. Tae-sul, who is looking beyond the door of time from one step forward, can feel curiosity and fear from the back. On the other hand, the Seo Hae, which stands with a gun, is determined to go back to the past. This is because she has a mission to save the world and to protect his skills. It is also a question of what choice people with different emotions will make at the door of time.

Their choice is compressed into a meaningful copy of "one world, two futures." It also refers to Tae-sul and the Seo Hae, which are in paradoxical fate. The two are originally living in a single world, but the future may change depending on whether Seo Hae can keeps its magic.

"Finally, the doors of 2021 have opened," the production team said. To celebrate this and to welcome a new time, we released a launching poster symbolizing the key message of the Sisyphus. "Please look forward to the beginning of the grand rescue journey, whether Tae-sul and the Seo Hae will be able to open the door to the second future after a fierce battle."

"Sisyphus" is a work that has already drawn attention from both inside and outside the broadcaster as director Jin-hyuk, who is writing an unbeatable myth with best productions such as "The Legend of the Blue Sea," "Dr. Stranger" and "The Sun of the Lord." It plans to present a new paradigm of genre with innovative visuals and solid composition and stories that have never been seen before. It will air in February next year following the JTBC drama 'Run On'.

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

New character posters

2021010901000524000030641.jpg

2021010901000524000030643.jpg

Ooooo so who is this mysterious figure?

2021010901000524000030642.jpg

Autotranslated from Sports Chosun:

ports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202101090100052400003064&servicedate=20210108

This is not the only focus of this poster. It is the addition of mystery when "the existence of hiding our identity in our world" first appeared as a silhouette. It can be inferred that he is not an ordinary person due to his unusual aura that shoots out even though his face is invisible. Who is the unknown hiding behind this silhouette, and there is a sharp feeling.

Above all, the red symbol common among the three characters is another point that maximizes the reasoning power of prospective viewers. What does this symbol, which means the sum of numbers in mathematics and the Greek alphabet, mean in "Sisyphus"? "In ancient Greek, the first letter of Sisyphus is' fi'. It also means that Sigma is in charge of the core axis of the "Sisyphus" worldview. If you look closely, you will find the same symbol in the drama logo, "added the production team, which raises curiosity. What does Sigma mean, and what does it have to do with the three characters? 

"Sisyphus" is a work that has already drawn attention from both inside and outside the broadcaster as director Jin-hyuk, who has written many productions such as "The Legend of the Blue Sea," "Dr. Stranger" and "The Sun of the Lord." It plans to present a new paradigm of genre with innovative visuals and solid composition and stories that have never been seen before. It will air in February following the JTBC drama 'Run On'.

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Cho Seung Woo Transforms Into A Genius Engineer In Upcoming Fantasy Mystery Drama “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Jan 13, 2021 by S. Nam

JTBC’s upcoming 10th anniversary special drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” released new stills of Cho Seung Woo!

“Sisyphus: The Myth” is a fantasy-mystery drama starring Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior Kang Seo Hae, who has walked a long and dangerous path for him.

Cho Seung Woo’s character Han Tae Sool is the co-founder of the global company Quantum and Time, and he’s also a genius engineer who can put together and take apart anything as long as he has the tools to do so. Although he becomes a chaebol president who owns a penthouse in Gangnam, Han Tae Sool still introduces himself as an engineer, reflecting his sincerity towards his career.

In the newly released stills, Han Tae Sool gives off a geeky vibe as he sports a natural hairstyle and fashion. The moment he holds a tool in his hands, he transforms into a charismatic genius.

Cho-Seung-Woo-1.jpgCho-Seung-Woo-3.jpg

The production team shared, “Han Tae Sool is a character full of stories and charm who can’t be defined as just a genius engineer. Furthermore, Cho Seung Woo, who doesn’t miss even a minor detail, will give birth to a character with even more depth through his in-depth research.” They added, “This project will be one in which viewers can discover Cho Seung Woo’s new charm as he completely deviates from the image created by his last project and transforms perfectly into the genius engineer Han Tae Sool. Please look forward to his other sides, which will be revealed gradually in the future.” Cho Seung Woo’s previous project was tvN’s “Forest of Secrets” season two, where he appeared as the emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si Mok.

Cho-Seung-Woo-2.jpg

“Sisyphus: The Myth” will premiere in February following the conclusion of JTBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Run On.” 

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

10 Dramas To Watch Out For In 2021

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2021/01/06/10-dramas-to-watch-out-for-in-2021/?sh=285c4d487bba

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Billed as JTBC's 10th Anniversary Special Drama, Sisyphus: The Myth, is scheduled to premiere in February. The title of the time travel drama refers to the Greek myth in which the arrogant general Sisyphus is punished by the gods. He must eternally roll the same boulder up a hill, so his task is always difficult and never done. Cho Seung-woo plays an engineer who tries to solve the mystery of his brother’s death. Park Shin-hye plays Kang Seo-hae. Together they embark on a dangerous journey. Park can be seen in the films The Call and #Alive. Cho stars in both seasons of Stranger and the film Feng Shui.

• Heart Eyes 3

CSW on why he chose Sisyphus

Article translated from: Sports Chosun

2021012001001330600082841.jpg

Actor Cho Seung-woo will once grace the small screen by playing the role of Han Tae-sul, a genius engineer in JTBC's 10th-anniversary special drama "Sisyphus: the Myth" (written by Jeon Chan-ho, directed by Jin -hyuk, produced drama house, JTBC studio, and hereinafter "Sisyphus"). Why did he choose "Sisyphus," who displayed  irreplaceable acting in a number of big shows such as "Secret Forest," "Secret Forest 2" and "Life," drawing favorable reviews so much so that viewers say that "Cho Seung-woo is a genre ." Cho Seung-woo has delivered a deep answer in person.

First, the uniqueness of the script caught his attention. "Sisyphus" is a fantasy mystery drama about the journey of genius engineer Han Tae-sul, who tries to find out who is living and hiding in our world, and Savior Kang Seo-hae (Park Shin-hye), who has gone back a long and dangerous path for him. "We are dealing with the present and ruined future of Korea at the same time in 2020, and the unfinished Sisyphus journey begins as the Seo Hae visits  Tae-sul in the present in order to change the future," he explains. In response, "There was a high expectation for how sensitively the unique script and art could blend together and describe the two eras." He also added, "I chose the work because I was curious about what kind of relationship I would have with Seo-hae."

Above all, he was attracted to the character "Han Tae-sul." Han Tae-sul, a genius engineer who says, "I'm always confident in my emotions, and I know that I'm a genius myself," often makes the company's stock price fluctuate. This comes from regrets and wounds from the past. His exceptional talent opened the way to the future, but "he has a weak mind and cannot escape a from the yoke( burden of the past." The regrets and wounds of Taesul deeply touched Cho Seung-woo's delicate sensibility and he decided to take on the character. "I chose this role because I had compassion and affection for the large and unstable appearance of emotions," said Cho Seung-woo, adding to his in-depth response to his deep affection for his work and role,

On top of that, "The expectation that I can meet Park Shin-hye, a great actress who can capture anything, Sung Dong-il, the best actor who always wanted to act with, and Kuk-hwan, who I have always admired since I was young," was another important reason for choosing the work. As Cho Seung-woo had been looking forward to the meeting even before his appearance, it was rumored that he showed perfect synergy with fantastic acting on the scene. In particular, Cho Seung-woo's impression of Park Shin-hye, who worked together for the first time, was unique. "She was an actress who had never lied to the camera for a moment," she was in front of the camera for a moment. She played every scene with all her heart and put in all her emotions to create the character of Seo-hae . "I thinks he's a great actor,"

"Sisyphus" is a work that has already drawn attention from both inside and outside the broadcaster as director Jin-hyuk, Lee Je-in and Jeon Chan-ho, who are writing unbeatable myths with the best production team that did "Legend of the Blue Sea," "Dr. Stranger" and "The Lord's Sun." It will present a new paradigm of genre with innovative visuals and solid composition and story that have never been seen before. It will premiere at 9 pm on Wednesday, February 17, following JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday series "Run On."

• Heart Eyes 2

b5a8ec9eced441e383fc2777bc235c34.jpeg?s=

Park Shin Hye Talks About Acting With Cho Seung Woo In “Sisyphus: The Myth” And Transforming Into Her Character

Jan 22, 2021 by J. K

Park Shin Hye spoke about preparing for her starring role in JTBC’s upcoming 10th anniversary special drama “Sisyphus: The Myth”!

The fantasy-mystery drama stars Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior, the heroic soldier Kang Seo Hae, who has walked a long and dangerous path for him.

Park Shin Hye shared about the show, “You should look forward to it.” Talking about why she chose the project, Park Shin Hye said, “I’m taking on a new genre as an actress through ‘Sisyphus’ so I think I’ll be able to show many different sides of myself.”

park-shin-hye-1.jpg

In order to survive in the barren future that’s fallen into ruin, Kang Seo Hae grew up undergoing intense training from her father, who had been in the special forces. The actress said her character is able to perceive and solve situations with her instinctive senses and she’s quick on her feet and incredibly skilled when it comes to fighting.

To bring Kang Seo Hae to life, Park Shin Hye practiced hard while attending action school. “In order to get used to using my body, I went to action school and familiarized myself with basic action moves,” shared Park Shin Hye, saying that she worked hard and did her best during the action scene filming.

park-shin-hye-2.jpg

In addition, the actress paid attention to small details while preparing separate kinds of clothing for the different time periods and situations, in order to differentiate between the future and present Kang Seo Hae. She said, “To create a difference, Seo Hae living in the future wears clothes that are comfortable while she’s being active in order to survive, as well as accessories like knee pads, gloves, bandanas, and bags. Seo Hae living in the present wears clothes that look like something that Tae Sool procured for her.”

Park Shin Hye said she thought that there wouldn’t be beauty salons in the future, saying, “I styled my hair with a lot of layers to look like she’d cut it herself.” As the show took a long time to film, she used hair extensions to maintain continuity and keep her hair the same length.

On working with Cho Seung Woo, Park Shin Hye said, “It was great to get to work with one of my favorite senior actors. As we filmed together, it was fun to perform together, and I enjoyed both the energy we exchanged and the feeling that we were creating something together while talking about the project and our characters.”

“It was so amazing to see how he was always managing to perfectly pull off the character Tae Sool, and I was always grateful for how considerate he was as he made the set comfortable,” she said.

Finally, the actress said, “Please look forward to ‘Sisyphus’ with its fun points such as an exciting subject material and story, the cast’s chemistry, and the impressive action.”

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Production Development

In May 2016, screenwriting duo Lee Je-in and Jeon Chan-ho signed a contract with SBS's Studio S to write a 20-episode television series which could not be broadcast on another channel. Studio S provided the writers a workplace where they worked on the script for Sisyphus: The Myth, but the production was eventually cancelled due to the difficulties in casting directors and actors.

In December 2018, the duo were put in charge of writing the remains 36 episodes of Fates & Furies when the previous screenwriter left after writing 4 episodes. However, Studio S did not pay the ₩60 million writing fees which were to be paid within 15 days after the conclusion of the series.

The duo terminated their contract with Studio S and turned to JTBC for the broadcast of Sisyphus: The Myth. Studio S filed a lawsuit which they lost in November 2020.

[Source: Wikipedia]

Article here https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000461807

photo1297690.jpg

photo1297688.jpg

Spoiler

photo1297689.jpg

photo1297692.jpg

photo1297691.jpg

Source: hancinema

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

logo_311_6_20170111151211.jpg

What is the connection between the fate of Cho Seung-woo and Park Shin-hye in the Greek and Roman myths of Sisyphus?

Input2021.01.26. 9:51 a.m. Hwang Soo-yeon, a reporter

0001257104_001_20210126095114052.jpg?typ

[Export News reporter Hwang Soo-yeon]

What does the Greek and Roman myth "Sisyphus" have to do with the fate of "One World, Two Future" with Cho Seung-woo and Park Shin-hye?

JTBC's 10th-anniversary special drama "Sisyphus: the Myth" is a fantasy mystery drama about the journey of genius engineer Han Tae-sul (Cho Seung-woo), who tries to uncover the existence of a hidden life in our world, and the savior Kang Seo-hae (Park Shin-hye), who has come a long and dangerous way for him. Sisyphus, which displays a unique world view in every video and image released, makes people look forward to February 17. As we dig up the story behind the meaningful title, the interest doubles.

The first thing that comes to mind when you look at the title "Sisyphus" is the story of Sisyphus in Greek and Roman mythology, who was punished for pushing a large rock up the mountaintop for deceiving the gods. The rock he labored up rolls down again helplessly when he reaches the top. In other words, the punishment to push the rock up the mountaintop is repeated forever, and Sisyphus is doomed to repeat it endlessly even though he knows the result. Then, what connection does this story have with Han Tae-sul and Gangseo-hae, who are in the paradoxical fate of "One World, Two Future?" The future of Korea, where Taesul lives, is the world where the West Sea lives. In other words, the ruined world of darkness, which has been seen in teaser videos and posters, is the future for Tae-sul. To change its future, the West Sea goes beyond the brink of death to find the art of taesul and struggles with mysterious beings. What should be noted here is that in the released teaser video, Taesul and the West Sea are "this time," stressing that the struggle was not the first. The link to the Sisyphus myth begins right here.

While the story of Sisyphus, who has to push a huge rock up the mountain forever, is expected to coincide with the story of Han Tae-sul and the Gangseo Sea, which repeat their nth journey to save the world, there are two choices for them. The first is to keep pushing up, knowing that the rock pushed up to the top will roll down again. The second is to get out of the recurring yoke against fate. Judging from the images of Taesul and the West Sea showing indomitable fighting spirit in the released video, one can guess what choice the two made. I am looking forward to their spectacular journey on February 17 to see if those who oppose fate will be able to break off Sisyphus and take a step closer to hope.

"Taesul and the West Sea are destined to repeat endlessly like Sisyphus pushing rocks up the mountain," the production team said. "Please watch carefully to see what choices the West Sea and Taesul will make, and whether we can break the chain of terrible destiny."

"Sisyphus" is a work that has already drawn attention from inside and outside the broadcaster as director Jin-hyuk, Lee Je-in and Jeon Chan-ho, who are writing the myths of box office failure with the best productions such as "Legend of the Blue Sea," "Doctor Stranger" and "The Sun of the Lord," have joined forces. It will present a new paradigm for the genre with its innovative visuals and solid plot and story across construction and construction that have never been seen before. It will premiere on Feb. 17 as JTBC's Wednesday and Thursday.

hsy1452@xportsnews.com / Photo = Drama House, JTBC Studio

Source: Naver

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

6a57febb5b4a4d4991b78c9b669293fb.jpeg?s=

Park Shin Hye And Cho Seung Woo’s Drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” Gives Viewers A Mystery To Solve In New Posters

Jan 28, 2021 by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” has shared two intriguing new posters of Park Shin Hye and Cho Seung Woo!

“Sisyphus: The Myth” is a fantasy-mystery drama starring Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior Kang Seo Hae, who has walked a long and dangerous path for him.

On January 28, the upcoming drama released two character posters introducing viewers to its heroic leads, who must take on the daunting task of changing a future that has already been determined.

Park Shin Hye’s poster emphasizes her character’s dedication to protecting Han Tae Sool, with her caption reading, “I’ll save you, you save the world.” Meanwhile, Cho Seung Woo’s poster highlights the confidence of his character, who stares into the camera with a determined look as his caption reads, “Because I’ve seen the future, a future where we win.”

However, according to the producers of “Sisyphus: The Myth,” there is also an important clue hidden in the two new posters: the digital lines distorting the images of Park Shin Hye and Cho Seung Woo, which bring to mind a broken television screen, are there for a reason.

“The meaning [of those lines] will be revealed soon,” teased the producers. “Until then, we think it might be fun for viewers to try solving the mystery of why Tae Sool’s and Seo Hae’s images are distorted.”

EsxxBooUcAM_TRx?format=jpg&name=large

EsxxBomU4AEfJXi?format=jpg&name=large

Source: soompi

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Cho Seung Woo As A Genius Engineer In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Cho Seung Woo As A Genius Engineer In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Feb 1, 2021 by M. Kang

Cho Seung Woo is back and taking on a fascinating character!

JTBC’s 10th anniversary special drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” is about Han Tae Sool (Cho Seung Woo), a genius engineer that strives to bring to light the existence of hidden beings secretly residing in our world. Park Shin Hye will star as Kang Seo Hae, who has made it through a dangerous journey to come serve as Han Tae Sool’s savior.

With the series gearing up for its February premiere, here are three key reasons you might fall for Han Tae Sool!

1. His intelligence

The word “genius” follows Han Tae Sool wherever he goes. As it implies, he has a striking intellect. He entered the prestigious science and technology university KAIST at the age of 17. He later founded the company Quantum and Time and focused on research, making his mark around the globe with revelation after revelation. He earned the nickname of “miracle in the world of science and engineering.” Equipped with the brains, the wealth, and the legacy, he is a uniquely accomplished man of his day.

2. He is a typical low-maintenance engineer

Although Han Tae Sool is an extremely wealthy and honorable CEO, he always primarily identifies as an engineer. His style also leans more towards comfortable rather than a formal suit. His boyish smile is the cherry on top, and he chooses to show his natural self rather than be an unapproachable CEO.

cho-seung-woo21.jpg

3. He has a tear-jerking backstory

The audience can’t help but take interest in Han Tae Sool because despite the “perfect life” he seems to lead, there lies a tear-jerking tale behind it all. As anyone lives with regret, so does Han Tae Sool. His older brother Han Tae San (Heo Joon Suk) always believed in him, but not vice versa. Unfortunately, Han Tae Sool never had the chance to repay the favor because Han Tae San passed away suddenly. Ridden with guilt and hurt, Han Tae Sool has had trouble leaving it all behind. He constantly lives in the past, weighed down by guilt. He has all the wealth and honor, but inside he is a soul in pain.

cho-seung-woo11.jpg

Cho Seung Woo’s multi-faceted character Han Tae Sool will be revealed in the premiere of the fantasy-mystery drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” on February 17.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

320bf8f5c23e47149e5fbc62d0833524.jpeg?s=

Park Shin Hye Is Full Of Hope And Determination Despite Living In A War-Torn Future In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Feb 3, 2021 by S. Cho

Park Shin Hye is full of hope and optimism in “Sisyphus: The Myth”!

The upcoming JTBC drama is a fantasy-mystery drama starring Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior Kang Seo Hae, who has walked a long and dangerous path for him.

The world Kang Seo Hae lives in is completely different from today’s world. She lives in the future, where Korea has become a land of ruins due to war, but she remains hopeful and optimistic.

Kang Seo Hae’s shelter is so secure that it will not budge over any external shock. The moment Seoul perished, Kang Seo Hae and her family were able to survive by hiding out in this shelter. Following that moment, Kang Seo Hae has found herself in a completely new world. In a society now run by warlords and bullies, it is no longer safe to go outside, making survival training a necessity. Despite living in a world that seemingly holds no room for dreams or hope, Park Shin Hye explained Kang Seo Hae’s bright personality, sharing, “In a desolate world, Seo Hae is holding on to her innocence.”

This is indeed evident in the released stills that show Kang Seo Hae’s typical day. She starts her morning eating some canned corn but shows no signs of being tired of eating the same thing every day. Instead, she pours all her energy into looking curiously at a piece of paper. Park Shin Hye commented, “As she’s grown up living such an isolated life, there’s a lot of things she doesn’t know about the world and has quite an innocent side.”

Spoiler

Park-Shin-Hye-2.jpg

Park-Shin-Hye.jpg

Later, Kang Seo Hae heads outside to grab some essentials, which is one of the most important tasks for sustaining life in her shelter. Her determination to find everything she needs as she scans the market is evident in her eyes. If it’s her lucky day, she may also find something special, like photos of her favourite band BTS or crackers in a lost bag. Whenever something like this happens, Seo Hae yells out like a child, “Yes, score!”

Park-Shin-Hye-1.jpg

This is how Kang Seo Hae lives in a land of ruins without losing her hope and her laughter. Her seed of hope grows even more when she suddenly receives a message that reads, “Save Han Tae Sool. If you save him, he will save the world.” She believes in this message and finds her way back to the year 2020 in search of an even greater hope than her own.

• Heart Eyes 1