Sisyphus: The Myth / 시지프스: The Myth - [2021]

im0202

Cho Seung Woo And Park Shin Hye Showcase Terrific Teamwork On Set Of “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Feb 9, 2021 by L. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” released new behind-the-scenes stills of its lead actors Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye!

The fantasy-mystery drama stars Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior Kang Seo Hae. She comes from a future that has fallen into ruin due to a war, and she’s a powerful fighter who never fails to remain hopeful and optimistic. She takes on the task of protecting Han Tae Sool in order to save the world.

The newly released behind-the-scenes stills show the fun and serious sides of Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye. First off, Cho Seung Woo faithfully portrays every detail of his character, and before going into filming, he immerses into his role and brainstorms various ways to perform the scene. Despite participating in intense action scenes, Park Shin Hye is all smiles on set, and fans can have high expectations for the result of their hard work.

cho-seung-woo.jpgpark-shin-hye2.jpg

The two actors have wonderful synergy as well. On the drama set, they deeply discuss the story and the characters to create a brilliant drama. It is said that the drama site is always full of laughter and energy because of them, and the photos hint they have close teamwork. Park Shin Hye said, “I’m always grateful for Cho Seung Woo who always makes the set comfortable with his thoughtfulness. Also, it’s really amazing how he silently leads his co-stars with energy and consideration.”

park-shin-hye-cho-seung-woo1.jpgpark-shin-hye-cho-seung-woo-1.jpg

The drama’s production crew said, “Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye’s acting chemistry was always the best. Despite the fact that they’re flawless actors, they constantly exchanged opinions and worked hard to express more delicate and deeper characters. As the first broadcast is about a week away, all staff members are doing their best to improve the completeness. We’ll work hard to showcase a high-quality drama.”

“Sisyphus: The Myth” premieres on February 17 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source: Soompi

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I should definitely tag @stroppyse on this :smile:

Article from: PinkVilla

Could Sisyphus: The Myth feature many BTS references? Why Park Shin Hye's show might be a treat for the ARMY
Sisyphus: The Myth has already featured BTS's song Spring Day in one of their recent promos. Here's why we feel the Park Shin Hye starrer could feature more BTS references.

Park Shin Hye will appear in the upcoming K-drama Sisyphus: The Myth. The actress stars opposite Cho Seung Woo on the show. Trailers and posters have already revealed that the actress plays the role of Kang Seo Hae, Cho Seung Woo's saviour in the series, who travels a long and dangerous path for him. Her character comes from the future where the land of ruins due to war, controlled by warlords and bullies. While the action-packed trailer has hinted that the actress will have a number of stunt scenes, a recently released clip revealed Park Shin Hye was enjoying BTS's hit track Spring Day. 

While this was enough to get ARMY excited, it has now been revealed that her character is an ARMY on the show. While revealing details about a few scenes featured in Sisyphus: The Myth, Soompi reported that Kang Seo Hae's typical day includes heading out to grab a few essentials, which is deemed as an important task for sustaining life in her shelter. She scans through market places in the hope to find everything she needs. "If it’s her lucky day, she may also find something special, like photos of her favourite band BTS or crackers in a lost bag. Whenever something like this happens, Seo Hae yells out like a child, “Yes, score!”" the publication reported. 

While Spring Day has already appeared in the promos, we wouldn't be surprised if a few BTS references are made through the whole series. Maybe viewers will learn how she was introduced to the K-pop group, how she managed to hold on to the group's songs and merch while the world came tumbling down on her and more! 

As we wait to see what Sisyphus: The Myth could hold for ARMY, Park Shin Hye said Kang Seo Hae is holding on to her innocence while surviving in a desolate world. "As she’s grown up living such an isolated life, there’s a lot of things she doesn’t know about the world and has quite an innocent side," she said. 

This was the clip posted earlier 

Spoiler

Netflix official trailer

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Article from PinkVilla

Sisyphus: The Myth's Park Shin Hye has no past regrets: I am who I am because of the combination of my choices
Park Shin Hye makes her drama comeback with Sisyphus: The Myth, releasing on February 17.

Park Shin Hye is back! The Heirs star was conspicuous by her absence from K-dramas for some time now. She last starred in Memories of the Alhambra with Hyun Bin in 2018-19. Since wrapping up Memories of the Alhambra, she has shifted her focus to films. In the last year she headlined Alive, a zombie thriller with Yoo Ah In and the psychological, time-travel thriller, The Call, alongside Jeon Jeong Seo. She is all set to make a drama comeback with Sisyphus: The Myth. 

In an interview to Sports Chosun, via Soompi, it is revealed that the characters of Sisyphus: The Myth have moments in the past that they deeply regret. Based on this snippet, Park Shin Hye was asked if she has any past regrets to which she confessed saying, “I don’t think there’s really a moment that I’d want to return to." 

Further, she also confessed her past choices define her present. “There were regrettable moments too, but I think I am who I am today because of the combination of my choices in the past,” the actress added.

She also shared her mantra about living her life to the fullest. “Rather than wanting to go back to a certain time in the past, I want to live life while enjoying all the moments I’m given as much as I can,” Park Shin Hye revealed.

For the uninitiated, Sisyphus: The Myth is a fantasy-mystery drama, starring Park Shin Hye and Cho Seung Woo in lead roles. It tells the story of Han Tae Sool (Cho Seung Woo), a genius engineer who embarks on the difficult journey of uncovering the truth behind his older brother's death that is shrouded in mystery. Kang So Hee (Park Shin Hye), a skillful warrior from the future, is full of hope and optimism. She encounters Han Tae Sool and decides that she must travel back in time in order to help him. The drama is labeled as JTBC's 10th Anniversary special drama.

Sisyphus: The Myth premieres on February 17 on JTBC.   

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Teaser for eps 1

Some explanation about the teaser above from Sports Donga

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210210/105371935/1

Spoiler

105371913.1.jpg

The video released by "Sisyphus: the Myth," which will premiere on the 17th, begins with Kang Seo-hae (Park Shin-hye), who boarded a time machine to change the ruined future. If we go back to the present and protect Han Tae-sul (Cho Seung-woo), the future of the fallen Republic of Korea could change. However, Kang Dong-ki (Kim Jong-tae) said, "You should never go to Han Tae-sul." Nevertheless, the Seo-hae  went looking for  Tae-sul to fend off  "those" who are after  him.

The plane Tae-Sul is riding in is crashing in the air. At the moment at the crossroads of life and death, the genius engineer Taesul somehow used his base to restore the plane's power to prevent it from falling. Starting with the accidental plane crash, Tae-sul enters a cataclysm  where he finds out that we are not the only ones living in the world.

There are the people armed with gas masks in the video. Seo-hae's message, "They are going to catch you soon," predicts the danger of coming to Tae-sul in the future. But why did Seo-hae, who is running away from 'they', warned Taessul, "Never open the suitcase!" 

The production team said, "The beginning of the journey between Taesul and Seo Hae  is finally a week away," adding, "The fun and immersion that we have never seen before will captivate viewers on Wednesday and Thursday nights in the first half of this year." "We ask for your support and interest until the end."

-------------------------------

CSW takes us behind the scenes (subbed)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Korean___Dramas

JTBC has released the character relationship chart for #SisyphusTheMyth! Here's my recreated and translated chart for your reference Also, Tae Sul's bodyguard, Bong Sun, is Han Son from Private Lives. He's a bodyguard in every JTBC drama

EuGbH20VIAEnuQx?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLLtloqnyNx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Spoiler

EuEwEcFVIAA55Nl?format=jpg&name=medium

EuD7CMuUUAIop0I?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

a342011a274440e8b7c14adec72125b1.jpeg?s=

Key Questions To Be Answered In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Feb 13, 2021 by J. K

“Sisyphus: The Myth” shared four key mysteries to think about as the show gears up for its premiere!

The fantasy-mystery drama stars Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior Kang Seo Hae. She comes from a future that has fallen into ruin due to a war, and she takes on the task of protecting Han Tae Sool in order to save the world.

Check out questions about the story that remain to be answered below!

1. Why are Han Tae Sool and Kang Seo Hae being chased?

Han Tae Sool is a founder of the world-class company Quantum and Time, and he’s adored as the “nation’s hero.” However, the plane accident that he was involved in by chance leads to him ending up in the eye of a storm when his life becomes threatened as he’s chased by someone. His savior Kang Seo Hae has followed a long and dangerous path to protect him, and she’s also pursued by these mysterious figures. Han Tae Sool and Kang Seo Hae are continually chased and end up engaged in gunfights, and it’s not yet been unveiled why they’re being pursued.

2. Who are “they” and why are they coming to the present?

There are beings living in the world of “Sisyphus: The Myth” who keep their true identities hidden. Hints of them have been shown through previously released teasers, and it’s said that these abnormal beings pretend to be normal. Han Tae Sool says, “They say I’m going to make a time machine. And people are using the time machine now to come from the future.” This leads to the questions: who are these beings and why are they crossing over to the present?

3. What’s in the suitcase?

One thing that people who come from the future all share in common is that they bring a suitcase with them. It hasn’t yet been revealed what’s inside, but in the teaser for the first episode, Seo Hae is carefully guarding the suitcase even as she runs away from the mysterious beings, making it clear that its contents are very important. She also warns Han Tae Sool, “Don’t you dare open the suitcase.” The mystery of what’s in the case and what will happen when Tae Sool opens it adds another level of anticipation for the premiere.

4. Who’s watching Han Tae Sool through the monitors?

There’s also another point that’s got drama fans curious about the show’s plot: the person who is watching Han Tae Sool as he tries to save the world. Fans have shared different opinions about them ever since they were first revealed in the character teaser. The person keeps an eye on Han Tae Sool from behind monitors, observing his every move, as though they know everything that he will do.

sisyphus-the-myth.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

708ff740618c4df78c28bd59a7b781d5.jpeg?s=

Cho Seung Woo Hunts For The Shocking Truth Behind A Frightening Accident In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Feb 16, 2021 by S. Nam

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Sisyphus: The Myth” released new stills of Cho Seung Woo!

The fantasy-mystery drama stars Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior Kang Seo Hae. She comes from a future that has fallen into ruin due to a war, and she takes on the task of protecting Han Tae Sool in order to save the world.

Han Tae Sool, who has been living a smooth life as the CEO of the company Quantum and Time, suddenly has his life turned upside down due to an unexpected airplane accident. The preview of the first episode depicts the frightening moment of the fall. Even from the brief clip of Han Tae Sool struggling inside the airplane, viewers can see that an intense story will begin to unfold starting with the first episode.

During the urgent crisis, Han Tae Sool still manages to gather his wits together and successfully wraps up the situation. However, the plane accident takes Han Tae Sool to an unexpected location. This explains the reason why Han Tae Sool is standing in a field of reeds in the newly released stills. While holding colorful flags in one hand, he focuses intently on his tablet screen, looking deep in thought as if he’s searching for something. Viewers are curious to find out what he could be looking for and what shocking truth will be unveiled that will change Han Tae Sool’s life completely.

Cho-Seung-Woo-2.jpg

The production team shared, “Han Tae Sool faces a shocking truth due to an unexpected airplane accident. This is an important first event in which Han Tae Sool takes a step towards ‘Sisyphus’s fate.’ Please pay attention to the events that Han Tae Sool gets swept up in from the first episode without taking your eyes off for even a second.”

Cho-Seung-Woo1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@SilverMoonTea I like his suit 😍 They need to be a bit different without going overboard... Whereas I thought PSH's dress was the one that looks like not enough cloth - see the sewn line at mid-thigh? 🤣 She is an action girl in this drama - they should have dressed her more stylishly. The white cloth looks like my bedsheet lol. (Just joking 😂 - they both look very nice.)

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 5

bbf9322e8f4e4626ad844fbd8b090c39.jpeg?s=

Park Shin Hye And Cho Seung Woo Describe Acting Together In “Sisyphus: The Myth”

Feb 17, 2021 by J. K

Park Shin Hye and Cho Seung Woo talked about teaming up for their new drama “Sisyphus: The Myth”!

The upcoming JTBC fantasy-mystery show stars Cho Seung Woo as Han Tae Sool, a genius engineer who embarks on a perilous journey to bring to light hidden beings that are secretly residing in our world, and Park Shin Hye as his savior Kang Seo Hae. She comes from a future that has fallen into ruin due to a war, and she takes on the task of protecting Han Tae Sool in order to save the world.

The pair posed for a pictorial that appears in the March issue of Elle Korea magazine. In an interview to go along with the shoot, Cho Seung Woo explained why he decided to join the cast, saying, “The overall energy of the drama was charming. It felt like something that hasn’t been seen before in a Korean drama.”

When asked about the relationship between her character Kang Seo Hae and Cho Seung Woo’s character Han Tae Sool, Park Shin Hye said, “Compassion is the emotional foundation that deepens their relationship.” She added, “If you watch the drama, you’ll see the direction in which the emotions between them develop.”

Spoiler

cho-seung-woo2.jpg

Park Shin Hye also shared, “Seo Hae is not a friendly character. She’s been living just to survive, and she was holding a gun before she even learned how to be a member of society. However, that’s also why she’s honest and pure. You’ll be able to feel a different kind of warmth from her.”

On taking on action scenes for the drama, the actress said, “I wanted to try performing physically while I was still even a bit younger. In real life, I also really enjoy doing sports outside on my own.”

Spoiler

park-shin-hye4.jpg

About her co-star Cho Seung Woo, she said, “Cho Seung Woo barely had time to rest after finishing his previous project and yet he rarely even made mistakes with his lines, so I had no excuses. I felt an amazing energy while acting together with him.”

Cho Seung Woo said, “The action scenes stand out a lot but her emotions and ability to interpret are even more amazing. Since the project goes back and forth in time and space, the set-up and figuring out the emotions aren’t easy, but Park Shin Hye was the one on set who had the most detailed grasp on it.”

Spoiler

park-shin-hye-cho-seung-woo3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

@movingwheel @Alice Wonderland Overall it was an interesting 1st episode. I agree with @ktcjdrama that the plane scene was a tad overdone - it is unbelievable that they could still save the plane in 3 minutes or something even if this is a sci-fi or fantasy. I get that they wanted to show TaeSul being a genius of sorts. :MewGiggle:

Anyhow, it's nice to see CSW in a different sort of role compared to his last one as ShiMok.  Tae Sul comes across as a little cocky and not surprising given how successful he is. You can tell that he's an engineer at heart , so not particularly bothered with all the corporate politics. What surprised me was that he's a bit of a player. lol! Cheated on his ex and even somewhat cheated with his best friend's ex. We were also shown his humble roots and the strong bond he has with his brother who had supported his dreams earlier in his career.

So clearly his brother had sightings or knowledge of these beings long before anyone has. The government ( am assuming the control bureau mentioned in the preview is government linked) is likely aware but is trying to shush everyone up given that they killed the copilot. Was the brother alive all this while? The brother died , he saw the body but I am guessing that wasn't actually the brother's body. I wonder if the brother had been "kidnapped" to the future. Is that why the brother's body & suitcase came from the future & struck the plane he was in? Whatever it is Tae Sul is  the one that holds the key to either the salvation and damnation of the future. But for now I am guessing the latter as I think something he creates now or the technology he will create will negatively affect the future. Everything that has happened thus far is  orchestrated for Tae Sul's involvement.

So I wonder now why Seo Hae from the future has come to save him. Or at least that is what the synopsis says. Or is she here to stop him from doing something?  As per her character description she is definitely physically superior from the training she gets in the future world. Is that wedding  picture that Tae Sul develops a picture of them? Oh if that's the case @SilverMoonTea may be there might be some subtle romance. LOL

@Chocolate @im0202 @pompyavi have you guys watched the 1st eps yet?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2