Sisyphus: The Myth / 시지프스: The Myth - [2021]

im0202

I will be like you @Alice Wonderland

I used to know what's happening in all the dramas I watched, but after knowing you guys, I feel like I know nothing 😭

So will just cut and paste.

Daisy ♡@YYSY_

These two pictures have the same background, but different situations.

What happened?!

Did Taesul choose the World instead of Seohae?

Did Seohae time travel to save the world before this happen?

E5Vt5KZ.jpg

Spoiler

Eu1VXPmVoAE1MFr?format=jpg&name=large

Eu1VXPnVIAMbgeD?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1
9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

These two pictures have the same background, but different situations.

What happened?!

Did Taesul choose the World instead of Seohae?

Did Seohae time travel to save the world before this happen?

Looks like we are gonna have God's gift 14 days kinda ending. Either one of them would perish or they both will forget everything and reset.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 4

Ohoo new episodes are coming out tonight. Hope one of our questions will be answered or at least gets some clear cut of what is really going on in the sisyphus world.

So as my morning routine, checking IG post, I found this, and the caption are so witty! Lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLi2YpBpGsE/?igshid=zgslyn25bmzg

Mr. Han is troubling, handsome, rich, smart, really mature. This time, Mr. Han is getting married. Mama's curse was broken. (Refered to Mr. Queen). Lolss.... they're so creative to come up with this joke! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just watched the first 2 episodes, and I think I need to watch 2 more episodes to try to figure out whether I like this drama or not. There is a lot going on, including time travel from a post-apocalyptic future.

On the plus side, I quite like Tae Sul's character. He's an interesting mix of emotions, regrets, and logic. I'm not as sold on Seo Hae as yet, and probably need to see a little more. She seems more tightly in control of herself and very cryptic, but it's not clear why she's being so cryptic as yet. I am curious at the relationship that TS and SH have, and what happened to cause SH to come back.

I'm glad that TS and SH will finally meet anyway. I kept wondering while I was watching the first two episodes when TS and SH would actually meet.  I hated the train station scene where they "look" at each other only to miss each other. I hate near miss scenes like that because it feels so manipulative of the viewers actually.

• Like 7
  • Clapping Hands 2
23 hours ago, pompyavi said:
On 2/23/2021 at 9:26 AM, Chocolate said:

Looks like we are gonna have God's gift 14 days kinda ending.

Noooooo.... oh please, anything but that kinda ending. I love that drama from start to finish, excluding the last few minutes of it. 

• Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Goodness...come on PD nim :Mimed:

Spoiler

No time to watch yet  but I did check out some cuts and I am cracking up at Tae Sul's expressions. I bet CSW had a lot of fun doing this. 

Preview

@bluepebbles I like that NF was so proud of the scene that they gif-ed it 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Done with episode 3. Time travel concept is quantum transportation of data, in this case human beings. Very interesting. CGI was bad. Tbh the sliding down through building and zip lining was not required. It was a bit over the top imo. The simple things which stands out the most are poorly executed. When Tae Sul was shot, body guards from Q/T should have come to rescue him. They did rescue Eddy Kim but not Tae Sul LOL...Bong Seon is a body guard but he was clueless, seems like he did not go through his basic training. And again portraying detectives as bunch of idiots. 

CGI was good during download scene. We now know that a downloader has to download someone so that person can come back to past. Mystery is who is Seo Hae's downloader? Or is she has been downloaded at all? If not is she in preview mode.. that's why the glitch?

Edited by pompyavi
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 3

Ok, I like the concept of Tae Sul's invention. That's the bit it's keeping me interested. Sung Dong Il & Jo Seung Woo are awesome too. I also like that we finally get some stuff answered, which is greaaaat!

There's really a lot of deva ju as well — in particular the assassin from the future. Definitely giving off the Terminator vibe.

The rest I'll put it in spoiler tag because I understand those who loves the show may not like to see their show being criticised. Enter if you really want to know, if not, please kindly skip. :KittyBan:

Spoiler

The "holes" as I called it in previous post and execution of certain details are really bad. For example:

152560570_2285948618205791_8385817442446541618_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aVCjUPf0F2gAX_cgcaL&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=bd510f1833dad3ae27576bae206ecee4&oe=605BDF53

Seo Hae came into the hall yelling at Tae Sul to duck. Two security guards came in trying to hold her off while Tae Sul was being held back by Eddie. Then cut to Seo Hae holding a tablet with Korean writing telling Tae Sul to duck. Dude, where in the world she get that from? I double checked, no one around her was holding a tablet. So how? Even if one argues she brought it with her, there's no way she has time to take it out with the 2 guards (and more) on her tail.

153651676_2285948458205807_4399978979679667401_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7vTo_GZZ7dcAX-LptTj&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=61f78359a2b0b3520d3d56c72c6f11f7&oe=605D4B07

And then this bit, I could see Jo Seung Woo who was supposedly unconscious "moved" his legs to help Park Shin Hye move him for cover. I completely understand she couldn't possibly has the strength to pull a full grown man, that's where this scene needs good directing/cameraman to hide these details, not exposing it.

And then the sliding off the building bit... it literally defy physics and gravity. :PikachuFacePalm: The zip lining scene was so fake too. So far, there's more disappointment than being impressed because of how this show was promoted. With shows like Space Sweepers, Sweet Home and even Alice already out in the market showing what K-dramas are capable of, the expectation of Sci-Fi's CGI is high. And then we get this. Feels like we're going backwards rather than forward.

I didn't know at first so I checked who the PD is. Turns out it is PD Jin Hyeok who directed City Hunter. My understanding is he's also quite well-known in the industry but seeing a fair few of his projects after CH, his directing skills hadn't evolved for the better because more and more new PDs are rising to have done better directing than him.

These are the few flaws that really stuck out which is really pulling the drama down. I wonder what's K-Netizens' reactions are because they are even fussier than us international viewers.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 5
56 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The rest I'll put it in spoiler tag because I understand those who loves the show may not like to see their show being criticised. Enter if you really want to know, if not, please kindly skip.

O gosh, you said exactly what I wanted to say... and I have more to say, but I will try to hold it in.

I really want to like the drama so much, because the story is interesting, the cast is just the people I admire, I love seeing heroine kick butts... but those laughable things mentioned above are really irritating my eyes. Maybe I will use usual rule to watch till episode 4 before deciding whether to continue or not. That or I really have to dial down my expectations to the minimum.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

It's interesting that perhaps Han Tae Sul is actually the beginning of all this story with his quantum invention. Since he become the target to be murdered, I guess his invention might not been found well in the future, or even cause tragedy? (The security shooter looks quite disfigured to me)

It seems aligned with the original Sisyphus from Greek mithology, who is credited of being founder of Corinth, and known for his intelligence, but was punished in the end because of his craftiness (cr. ancient.eu/wiki). 

For me, I think that ice cube teleport is what I need in my life! 

Actually when we're watching sci-fi genre, we might think the idea is too ridiculous or absurd, but actually there is a high possibility it can materialized in the short distant future.

For example, Time Trax US drama in 1993, they introduced hologram girl whose very intelligent and close to human, I can conclude she's like Siri, and nowadays hologram & AI also quite common already. 

Other precedent, Circle Kdrama was about chip planted in human brain. This also might come in near future with Elon Musk already working on this for dementia patient.

So in short perhaps, I can get my ice cube 🧊 teleported to my  before I die? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ok, I like the concept of Tae Sul's invention. That's the bit it's keeping me interested. Sung Dong Il & Jo Seung Woo are awesome too. I also like that we finally get some stuff answered, which is greaaaat!

There's really a lot of deva ju as well — in particular the assassin from the future. Definitely giving off the Terminator vibe.

The rest I'll put it in spoiler tag because I understand those who loves the show may not like to see their show being criticised. Enter if you really want to know, if not, please kindly skip. 

Reveal hidden contents

The "holes" as I called it in previous post and execution of certain details are really bad. For example:

152560570_2285948618205791_8385817442446541618_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aVCjUPf0F2gAX_cgcaL&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=bd510f1833dad3ae27576bae206ecee4&oe=605BDF53

Seo Hae came into the hall yelling at Tae Sul to duck. Two security guards came in trying to hold her off while Tae Sul was being held back by Eddie. Then cut to Seo Hae holding a tablet with Korean writing telling Tae Sul to duck. Dude, where in the world she get that from? I double checked, no one around her was holding a tablet. So how? Even if one argues she brought it with her, there's no way she has time to take it out with the 2 guards (and more) on her tail.

153651676_2285948458205807_4399978979679667401_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7vTo_GZZ7dcAX-LptTj&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=61f78359a2b0b3520d3d56c72c6f11f7&oe=605D4B07

And then this bit, I could see Jo Seung Woo who was supposedly unconscious "moved" his legs to help Park Shin Hye move him for cover. I completely understand she couldn't possibly has the strength to pull a full grown man, that's where this scene needs good directing/cameraman to hide these details, not exposing it.

And then the sliding off the building bit... it literally defy physics and gravity. :PikachuFacePalm: The zip lining scene was so fake too. So far, there's more disappointment than being impressed because of how this show was promoted. With shows like Space Sweepers, Sweet Home and even Alice already out in the market showing what K-dramas are capable of, the expectation of Sci-Fi's CGI is high. And then we get this. Feels like we're going backwards rather than forward.

I didn't know at first so I checked who the PD is. Turns out it is PD Jin Hyeok who directed City Hunter. My understanding is he's also quite well-known in the industry but seeing a fair few of his projects after CH, his directing skills hadn't evolved for the better because more and more new PDs are rising to have done better directing than him.

These are the few flaws that really stuck out which is really pulling the drama down. I wonder what's K-Netizens' reactions are because they are even fussier than us international viewers.

Thanks for posting my bits of thoughts, below are some additions.

I wanna kick ass that sniper for taking so long to shoot TS on stage, if you claimed yourself as a Professional shooter.

The gun SH uses looks like a water toy gun and the scene on top of the buidling.

When she slides down the building she grabs TS and slides down, if her body weight is light and TS is heavy, dont you think

TS weight will pull her down instead of vice versa.

I am confused between The Broker and Control Bureau.... hopefully the following episodes will shed some lights.

The last scene with the sudden appearance with a guy topless lying on the floor with a case,if he is from the future well

at least show us some sexy brief instead of boxer short :MewGiggle:

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ooo you have more? Say it, I wanna know what else I've missed. LOL

It's similar to what @Thong Thin mentioned below. I was thinking that the sniper wanted to hear TS presentation first because he laced humour into his speech. Sniper had VERY clear view of TS while he was presenting. He wasn't even walking around on the stage. But Sniper only started to shoot when someone is to get into his way, like "hey, you're blocking my view!" ?? :laugh: or maybe he just like bigger challenge. To shoot in clear view would be cheating, you know....

4 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

I wanna kick ass that sniper for taking so long to shoot TS on stage, if you claimed yourself as a Professional shooter.

The gun SH uses looks like a water toy gun and the scene on top of the buidling.

When she slides down the building she grabs TS and slides down, if her body weight is light and TS is heavy, dont you think

TS weight will pull her down instead of vice versa.

Then, there were 17 officers surrounding TS and SH. Do you really need that many extras? 5 will more than sufficient. And also, I never understand people who run upwards instead of downwards to find escape route. Unless of course your downwards escape route is clearly blocked.

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

And also, I never understand people who run upwards instead of downwards to find escape route. Unless of course your downwards escape route is clearly blocked.

Then they have to help Tae Sul. No body can help Tae Sul except Seo Hae. I was laughing that in such a big conference there were no guards to help the CEO..

• Haha 5
34 minutes ago, Iwa-chan said:

Then they have to help Tae Sul. No body can help Tae Sul except Seo Hae. I was laughing that in such a big conference there were no guards to help the CEO..

Exactly !

Such a big conference hall, at least every exist must have 1 guard on stand by.

@ktcjdrama  waaaa....you good leh, somemore count how many guards.

If you could remember the scene where TS and SH trying to escape from the staircase route,look at the crowd of guards !

Is it necessary to have so many, at least if they have the map to the buildings, some guards should be manouver to other

exist(s) to capture both of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Since I'm in ranting mode, I will add one more. And I promise after this I shall rant no more and hold it all in. I honestly feel sorry towards the cast as I rant.

In spoiler so whoever want to skip can skip easily

Spoiler

I am probably being very nitpicking here but it just bothered me. The police cars arrived just in time as the people were bursting out of the building... Sorry but that is not believable. It's more real if some people were already standing outside while police cars are arriving and you can still have the majority of people exiting the doors.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

27 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Since I'm in ranting mode, I will add one more. And I promise after this I shall rant no more and hold it all in. I honestly feel sorry towards the cast as I rant.

In spoiler so whoever want to skip can skip easily

Reveal hidden contents

I am probably being very nitpicking here but it just bothered me. The police cars arrived just in time as the people were bursting out of the building... Sorry but that is not believable. It's more real if some people were already standing outside while police cars are arriving and you can still have the majority of people exiting the doors.

I  might follow you to rant once I watch Ep 4 tonight.

:laugh:

• Haha 5

I fear I might rant more after watching episode 4 too~ :nervous:

You guys made many more valid points on the flaws. I tuned out after seeing the ridiculous action scenes after they zip line down to the ground. So I didn't notice the details about when the polices arrive etc.

And I also convinced myself that the sniper wanted to listen to Tae Sul's speech too so he takes his sweet time with it. *Shake My Head* - oh wait no, actually it's because the writer/PD wanted us to know what Tae Sul has invented. LOL! In that case, to be more logical, the sniper should just appear a bit later.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1