Secret Man/ Man in a Veil 비밀의 남자 [2020-2021]

UnniSara

I was home with my parents for Thanksgiving and caught an episode of this drama, which I hadn't watched until the early episodes. So, since I have skipped a chunk of the episodes, I have questions that I was hoping someone here could answer for me.

Did TP have surgery or something so that he no longer has the mentality of a 7 year old?

And, why didn't YJ recognize TP, so that she's confronting him now as being her oppa? I thought TP really liked YJ, but he seems to not want to acknowledge her or something?

Sorry. If I get some time I may catch up on this drama. Or I may just have to watch episodes from here on out and just have a lot of questions.

I realize that this drama is in the middle of its run right now, but I did like the episode I watched.

• Like 3

TP was almost drowned while escaping from thugs and hit his head

YJ thought that MH is not TP because TP has allergy from sea food but lies it was apples allergy. Also MH is smart and YJ remembers that TP has a seven-year old intelligence. 

TP resents YJ for several reasons, he saw her hugging Seojon. She abandoned TP at the hospital because her mom pushed her and made her choose between the child Minhu and TP. He also thought that Minhu is dead, so he wants revenge on all the family.

I strongly recommend you watch the drama, it is the best revenge drama I watched till now.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

And, why didn't YJ recognize TP, so that she's confronting him now as being her oppa? I thought TP really liked YJ, but he seems to not want to acknowledge her or something?

TP had head injury which miraculously turned him into a genius. We don’t know yet whether another head injury will turn him back to the mental state of a 7 yo or not, lol...

Since he assumed a new identity to launch his revenge, he denied numerous times that he is TP when YJ was being suspicious. He was smart enough to even take a medication when the evil twin YR wanted to test his allergy towards shrimp. 

TP is angry at YJ because he thought she abandoned him. Well, she kind of did because the evil mother made YJ choose between finding baby MH or abandoning TP. She thought she will find MH first and then return to TP but TP has “died” from being chased into the sea by the thugs and reborn with the new identity and a mind set on revenge on the whole family.

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

4 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

TP resents YJ for several reasons, he saw her hugging Seojon. She abandoned TP at the hospital because her mom pushed her and made her choose between the child Minhu and TP. He also thought that Minhu is dead, so he wants revenge on all the family.

Oh, so that's why MH is so convinced that DH is SeoJoon's son? Because he knows SJ liked YJ and he saw them hugging?

But, Dong Ho is actually Min Woo, right? And, YJ is his "legal" mother and not his birth mother? Isn't MW actually YR's son? So, why is TP/MH looking for MW?

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

TP is angry at YJ because he thought she abandoned him. Well, she kind of did because the evil mother made YJ choose between finding baby MH or abandoning TP. She thought she will find MH first and then return to TP but TP has “died” from being chased into the sea by the thugs and reborn with the new identity and a mind set on revenge on the whole family.

I saw the argument between YJ and her mother when YJ yelled at her that it's ultimately her fault for Tae Poong's death since she chased him out of the house.  I can see why TP, especially with his slow understanding at the time might feel as if YJ had abandoned him, and possibly for the sake of her own happiness with SJ, if he ended up adding 2+2 to make 5.

I had to laugh a bit when I was reading what @ktcjdrama and @Nohamahmoud2002 wrote about TP's brain injuries though since it was a traumatic brain injury that made TP have the mental state of a 7 year old in the first place, and then it was another traumatic brain injury that made him a genius. Hopefully, there aren't more repercussions from all this brain injury that TP/MH has taken. Thank you both so much for answering my questions!

I felt really sad for YJ when she was crying so heart-brokenly over TP's death, even though I knew he hadn't died. In the last episode I watched, MH finally hugs YJ. Wonder if that means that he's going to acknowledge that he's actually TP to her.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

But, Dong Ho is actually Min Woo, right? And, YJ is his "legal" mother and not his birth mother? Isn't MW actually YR's son? So, why is TP/MH looking for MW?

Yes, the mother didn’t want the name Min Woo anymore so they changed his name to Dong Ho, which is why TP thought he is YJ and SJ’s child. TP already found out that DH is actually MW because one time YJ, in her panic state looking for missing DH, called out his real name and TP heard it. This is also why TP is softening his heart towards YJ knowing she has been on his side after all. 

MW is really YR’s son but everyone is tricked to believe that he is TP’s son, which is also why YR was successful in letting herself marry into his family. But their marriage is not registered and she made away with the family fortune. Only YR and the father of MW knows about it. Don’t know if the father will make another appearance or not in future since he is still in coma. And I wonder how TP will feel when he found out the son he’s been missing so much and searching for is actually not his son. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

MW is really YR’s son but everyone is tricked to believe that he is TP’s son, which is also why YR was successful in letting herself marry into his family. But their marriage is not registered and she made away with the family fortune. Only YR and the father of MW knows about it. Don’t know if the father will make another appearance or not in future since he is still in coma. And I wonder how TP will feel when he found out the son he’s been missing so much and searching for is actually not his son. 

TP thinks that MW is his son?  I remember that YR had married some other guy and gotten pregnant with MW. So, why does TP think that MW is his son?

Are you saying that TP and YR had been married, but it was not registered? And, that's why TP thinks that MW is his son? If so, wow, I really did miss a lot of makjang turns.

• Like 2

I'm feeling sorry for Seo Joon actually, married to that witch YR, and with TP and YJ liking each other when he's had a crush on YJ forever. YR is such a witch and horrible person. I can't believe that SJ is actually going to end up with her.

Also, is YJ not the mother's daughter? The mother only thinks about YR and gives a toss about YJ. The mother is a piece of work, and if the mother and YR are close, no wonder YR is such a witch when she takes after her mother. Is YJ a sister from a different mother maybe? No way is that mother actually the mother to YJ. That has to be why YR can do no wrong, and YJ can do no right.

Have I mentioned how much I hate YR and her mother? There is no way that I want either of them to be happy. Ever. YJ is good to the mother, and the mother is happy to throw YJ under the bus, be sued, lose her job, and go to jail as long as YR wants it. Ugh.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

TP thinks that MW is his son?  I remember that YR had married some other guy and gotten pregnant with MW. So, why does TP think that MW is his son?

YR got herself pregnant thinking that guy is some chaebol second generation. However, when he brought her to meet up his parents, having to climb aisles and aisles of narrow steps, she found out she has mistaken the identity of the guy, so she left him cold. But with a baby in her belly, she had to think of a way. She tricked a drunk TP into bed with her. They didn’t sleep together of course, but TP woke up naked next to her and he told his mother that was what happened. So since he “impregnated” YR, wedding bells it is. 

As for YJ... a lot of viewers have speculated hat she isn’t the bio daughter. The character description said she and YR are twins though. So we’re still awaiting any birth secret or not. Some even speculated that YJ may actually be SJ’s half sister. 

Same here. Really hate YR and her mother very much. I only hope SJ can get himself out of YR’s claws, though the poor boy can never cut ties with his mother. So I am hoping for a happy ending for him, somehow. I hope he won’t turn into a dark character. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

As for YJ... a lot of viewers have speculated hat she isn’t the bio daughter. The character description said she and YR are twins though. So we’re still awaiting any birth secret or not. Some even speculated that YJ may actually be SJ’s half sister.

Hmm. I may have to go read the character charts. It's true that some people have a strong preference for one child over another, but YR's mom seems to take it to an extreme if both of them are her bio daughters.

YJ as SJ's half sister? Ewww. Only because SJ has always been crushing on YJ, so that would take it into icky territory for me.

Same here. Really hate YR and her mother very much. I only hope SJ can get himself out of YR’s claws, though the poor boy can never cut ties with his mother. So I am hoping for a happy ending for him, somehow. I hope he won’t turn into a dark character. 

I'm kind of hoping that SJ leaves Korea for good so that he can cut ties with his mother. And, he definitely needs to get out of YR's clutches. She's just a gold digger through and through, and I'm hoping that she doesn't get forgiveness and happiness by the end, but since she's actually MW's mom, she may. Wonder if we'll ever see MW's actual bio father back. I have to think that at some point, TP will find out that MW isn't his bio son after all.

It's also definite that SJ's father does not love SJ's mother, so I wonder if there is going to be more to that story.

YR just pushed it way, way over the line in her intent to sabotage YJ by laying DL open to liability and scandal. I was happy that TP at least put YR in her place about her actions causing harm to DL and thus jeopardizing her own position.

So, I was thinking that YJ couldn't be with SJ any way since he's married to her sister. Btw, does SJ actually know that YJ and YR are sisters? I know that YR covered up her background, and swore her family to secrecy, so probably not, but wondered if anyone knew for sure.

However, if YR was also married to TP albeit without ever registering their marriage, then that would make it really icky to have YJ marry TP even if TP and YR had never actually done anything other than YR stripping TP naked. Ew.

And I'm surprised that TP/MH doesn't still have some feelings for YR given that he was married to her and thinks he had had a child with her.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, I was thinking that YJ couldn't be with SJ any way since he's married to her sister. Btw, does SJ actually know that YJ and YR are sisters? I know that YR covered up her background, and swore her family to secrecy, so probably not, but wondered if anyone knew for sure.

However, if YR was also married to TP albeit without ever registering their marriage, then that would make it really icky to have YJ marry TP even if TP and YR had never actually done anything other than YR stripping TP naked. Ew.

And I'm surprised that TP/MH doesn't still have some feelings for YR given that he was married to her and thinks he had had a child with her.

:laugh: very messy makjang isn’t it... Do you think TP will ever find out he is stil a virgin? LOL... 

Nope, SJ for sure does not know YR and YJ are related. Not yet. I am sure he will find out eventually. TP was about to display on the screen his wedding picture with YR on SJ’s wedding day. But he happened to find out the DL Group has something to do with his mother’s death. So he changed his game plan. 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Nope, SJ for sure does not know YR and YJ are related. Not yet. I am sure he will find out eventually. TP was about to display on the screen his wedding picture with YR on SJ’s wedding day. But he happened to find out the DL Group has something to do with his mother’s death. So he changed his game plan. 

It's not all that clear how TP feels about SJ. He buddies up to him, but wonder if that's just a way to get closer to the DL Group family. Has there been any actual clues to how DL Group is involved with TP's mother's death? It seems that she was also framed for some crime. Right now, it feels as if TP intends to bring the entire family down, including SJ.

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Do you think TP will ever find out he is stil a virgin? LOL... 

Harder for guys to discover that they're virgins if they don't think they are. :laugh: Somehow, it's going to come to light, though, that MW isn't TP's child, possibly through MW getting sick and needing a transfusion or something. Does anyone other than YR know that MW isn't TP's child right now?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's not all that clear how TP feels about SJ. He buddies up to him, but wonder if that's just a way to get closer to the DL Group family. Has there been any actual clues to how DL Group is involved with TP's mother's death? It seems that she was also framed for some crime. Right now, it feels as if TP intends to bring the entire family down, including SJ.

He indeed got closer to SJ so as to enter the DL Group as their lawyer. TP didn’t know that ctually the only people in DL involved are SJ’s mother and her faithful minion. TP only knows that there’s a phone call from DL group. Am not too sure about this because I kinda skipped watching this part. The mother was framed for killing Ye Jin’s father. YR also testified against her, making police promise to withhold her identity, but TP found that out too. 

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Does anyone other than YR know that MW isn't TP's child right now?

It’s difficult to say whether the bio father will know or not. He only knows that YR is pregnant with his child but never actually get to see her giving birth. YR can easily say she aborted their baby, unless that guy smart enough to calculate the days. Because YR has a child in the drama, there’s a possibility she might be redeemed, you know, when her mother’s instinct kicks in and pangs of guilt streaming in and she repents.... 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It’s difficult to say whether the bio father will know or not. He only knows that YR is pregnant with his child but never actually get to see her giving birth. YR can easily say she aborted their baby, unless that guy smart enough to calculate the days. Because YR has a child in the drama, there’s a possibility she might be redeemed, you know, when her mother’s instinct kicks in and pangs of guilt streaming in and she repents.... 

Welcome @stroppyse Will you be sticking around? No one was visting here so, I gave on this thread. If it will be active, I will post clips to the episodes everyday. Let me answer the important questions for you viewers. 

@ktcjdrama 

Han Yu Ra is a slimey snake. You need to know that she is the one that sent her mother in law to jail. Her testimony put her in jail because the lack evidence. Yu Ra gave a statement be Lee Kyung-Hye found out that MW isn't her grandchild.  Choi Joon Seok gave up his right as a father verbally because he was incapable of taking care of him. He knows MW/HDH is is SON.  So YuRa and Choi Joon Seok knows MW's paternity. 

Choi Joon Seok wil reappear because he will find out that YR abandoned her son, she tired to kill his brother and she tool her husband's money without registering their marriage. 

I have a few question  @stroppyse  IF her marriage to TP isn't legal, How can she inherit his money. Isn't what she did stealing????? Doesn't deserve to serve time in jail for it.   TP gpt the info from the lawyer who sent his mom to jail. @ktcjdrama . TP knows that his mother and YSH's husbands death are connected. THe same goons who tried to kill him was sent to harass YSH to move five years ago. Right about now, all TP has is suspicions. Once he finds someone in the company that gives him more power he will be able to get what he wants. 

If you have any questions @ me 

Han Yu Jung 

Her father's affection has affected both his wife and daughter Han YuRa. Both of these woman in his lives are jealous of it. I don't know why the mother is , it seems kinda weird to me. DOn't you guys things so

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Hi @UnniSara, I think I'll be sticking around. I've just binge watched about a week's worth of episodes now.

7 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I have a few question  @stroppyse  IF her marriage to TP isn't legal, How can she inherit his money. Isn't what she did stealing????? Doesn't deserve to serve time in jail for it. 

If the marriage between TP and YR wasn't registered, then YR isn't legally TP's wife unless she could prove that there had been intent to register the marriage which the wedding ceremony might be enough. Anyway, she shouldn't have been able to inherit TP's wealth unless TP had written a will specifically. I would have to watch those episodes to figure out what happened. Of course, YR could have just forged a will without anyone to prevent her from doing so. And, that is fraud, so she deserves to go to jail.

But, since this is a daily drama, I'm expecting YR to get forgiven by the end somehow, and probably establish a relationship with MW as well since neither YJ nor TP technically have any birth parent rights to MW. TP would have had to register MW as his won in order for him to have legal say over MW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, she shouldn't have been able to inherit TP's wealth unless TP had written a will specifically. I would have to watch those episodes to figure out what happened. Of course, YR could have just forged a will without anyone to prevent her from doing so. And, that is fraud, so she deserves to go to jail.

YR gets TP to retrieve the documents of assets under his name at some kind of government office. Also, they have the wedding ceremony and wedding picture. So that might be enough, although TP kinda left her at the altar 😅

@UnniSara Thanks for the clearer information. I did skip some part when the mother was being framed. Now that you mentioned it, I remembered the reason why YR wanted to get rid of the MIL so badly was because she found out the truth about her pregnancy. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

The thing that's infuriating about YR is that she is so shameless! In ep 53, as she finds out MH had not reported her for the corporate leak because it would involve her and YJ's mother which would distress YJ, YR has the nerve to sneer at YJ for always asking for help. YR sneers at YJ for asking SJ for help with Yu Myung and for asking MH for help with their mother. It's just amazing to me that YR doesn't give a fig if her younger brother goes to jail for a false accusation nor that her mother could go to jail for theft. But the thing that really infuriates me about all of this is that YR might still be forgiven everything by the end of this drama. I want her to pay!

At least, SJ may be getting a clue that YR is not who she seems to be. He saw the actor who had played YR's father at their wedding walking with his son. Then he tried to call the "father" only for the line to be disconnected, yet talking to YR later, YR claims that she had talked to her father and that he sent his greetings to SJ. So, SJ knows that something is wrong.

And, SJ has the name of a person Park Na Young who may know something about YR's childhood. Unknowingly, YR has managed to anger PNY as well, so that PNY appears in front of SJ and YR. Still, I'm sure that YR will somehow manage to salvage the situation since it's not close to the ending as yet, even though I would hope that she's discovered sooner rather than later. However, SJ is going to continue to be left with suspicions.

SJ is way too good for YR, even if he was stupid enough to agree to a contract marriage with her. Then again, I guess SJ didn't know what YR was really like, and that she was willing to do anything and everything to marry a chaebol.

Also, I know that YJ and YR are supposed to be fraternal twins, but it doesn't make sense how their mother only cares for YR, and even for YM, but not for YJ.

And, SJ's aunt is being scammed and SJ's mother enabled her when SJ's father who is the aunt's sister had said no. SJ's mother definitely needs to be taken down as well.

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing SJ's mother, YR's mother, and YR all being divorced by their husbands. I don't realistically expect YR's mother to be divorced, but I'm hoping for 2 out of 3 anyway.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Preview for Episode 54 

@stroppyse Yu Ra is really shameless. I agree YR’s mom show more affection towards YR and YM then YJ. It is also the same with DH. She doesn’t lavish him with love like other grandmother in kdrama does. This is why I don’t like her at all. 

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I really don’t understand people like YR. She secured a position already as the DIL of DL Group, but instead of thinking of how to make it more secure, she is doing things that will only shake up that position. What’s the point of getting to that position if she can never enjoy it 😆. She is always on the edge and is way too busy trying to not be found out instead of going for shopping sprees, spas and high-teas. She’s gonna grow wrinkles and white hair at double the speed with all those stress in her life 😆

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I really don’t understand people like YR. She secured a position already as the DIL of DL Group, but instead of thinking of how to make it more secure, she is doing things that will only shake up that position. What’s the point of getting to that position if she can never enjoy it 😆. She is always on the edge and is way too busy trying to not be found out instead of going for shopping sprees, spas and high-teas. She’s gonna grow wrinkles and white hair at double the speed with all those stress in her life 😆

It is always like that for all the Second Female lead. They are always miserable and never get to enjoy the lifestyle they lied and scheme to get. It is because lies and schemes are not the way to obtain success.  There was a drama where the SFL was finally honest.  Although she hated her cousin and kept her cousin from her mom  , she can admit for the past 20 years she was never happy after scheming to get all the attention. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

True! If I ever got to be the DIL of a chaebol group, I would know that I wouldn't last too long, so I might as well enjoy it for everything I can for as long as I can! :laugh:

Thanks for posting clips @UnniSara. That's so sweet that YJ gave TP the couple ring! TP was protesting that he should have been the one to give her a ring, but she only responds that there is no such thing, it should be the one who wants to give it who should give it. Then after she puts her ring on his finger, she tells him that he can't ever leave her now. Awww.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse @ktcjdrama Chingu’s let’s talk about Park Na Young.  What a dumb girl?? Why the Heck would she take the jewelry from Han YuRa ( the patholofical liar). 

In the preview we have to worry about Han Yu Jung having to lie to SJ. I am like why is writernim doing this?? Making it harder for YJ and SJ to have a bad falling out and YR winning. P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

@stroppyse @ktcjdrama Chingu’s let’s talk about Park Na Young.  What a dumb girl?? Why the Heck would she take the jewelry from Han YuRa ( the patholofical liar). 

In the preview we have to worry about Han Yu Jung having to lie to SJ. I am like why is writernim doing this?? Making it harder for YJ and SJ to have a bad falling out and YR winning. P

Park Na Young is stupid, however, it's too early for YR to be trapped as yet, so I figured she would find some way to turn the tables on PNY. PNY was too confident that she had something on YR. However, I think that PNY will figure into YR's downfall somehow.

What YR doesn't seem to realize is that too many already know about her lies, so it's only a matter of time before SJ and his mother find out. Wondering if YR will get something on SJ's mother in order to get her to become complicit with her.

As for YJ lying to SJ, I hate that YJ has to lie to anyone. Still, there are many more episodes of this drama left, so I'm sure most of the episodes are going to be infuriating as YR slips out of one trap after another as she keeps causing damage everywhere.

I'm just hoping that YR and TP aren't forced to split up or lie to each other.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

What YR doesn't seem to realize is that too many already know about her lies, so it's only a matter of time before SJ and his mother find out. Wondering if YR will get something on SJ's mother in order to get her to become complicit with her.

@stroppyse Ofcourse she will get evidence to keep MIL and Hubby to allow her to stay. She is selfish, a pathological liar and calculating. This a typical theme in drama like this.  In  Bad Love  )Kdrama Daily) check Here  to see what I am talking about the SFL’s secret came out and she used the incriminating evidence to stay married to hubby she lied too. She too stole money to Adana in her career and abandoned her child. 

I believe that YR and TP won’t lie to each other. After all she told him he is hers. She won’t let anyone come between them. I don’t think she can survive losing TP. I think he is her life line. To lose him would break her. 

• Like 2