Secret Man/ Man in a Veil 비밀의 남자 [2020-2021]

UnniSara

@stroppyse Checking to see if I can hear correctly 

around 00:20 -00:31 Didn’t SJ  say Han Yu-Ra shi ? Is the Han last name very common in Korean that he couldn’t connect the dots. Han YuRa  & Han Yoo Jung??

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

around 00:20 -00:31 Didn’t SJ  say Han Yu-Ra shi ? Is the Han last name very common in Korean that he couldn’t connect the dots. Han YuRa  & Han Yoo Jung??

Yes. SJ is asking why when YJ and YR were in the same class, YJ had never mentioned it. YR called YJ at that point and threatens her that if she cares about MH then YJ had better not say anything to SJ. YJ tells SJ that she and YR weren't close since YR was popular and she wasn't, that she doubted if YR even remembered her, thus misleading SJ. Afterwards, YJ texts YR what she did and tells YR to go figure out her relationship with SJ herself and don't involve MH.

Han isn't an uncommon name in Korean, and Yu Ra and Yu Jung are close enough that SJ should be suspicious, but kdramas tend to make people rather stupid about things like that. Though, Yu Ra and Yu Jung are also relatively common girls names in Korean, so having similar names does not necessarily mean that they are related. However, they are close enough that SJ should have at least asked the question.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Han Yu Ra shi acts like a ganster. She is alwys saying Aisshh, when she is ready to beat someone up. THe way she walks and talk when she want to beat someone up is disgusting. 

I have to admit she is very good at putting on the waterworks. I do believe even if she does get the oportunity to turn SJ and MH enemies. SJ will never trust her. I am also positive that YR is capable of murdering someone to get what she wants. The fact that she believes she has the upper hand is mind boggling.  She acts like she is sorry but then again she isn't. I do think she will take the chance to reveal everything but it has to be someone else do it and that is when her new family will hate her. 

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I believe this is the last clip to episode 56 

I love how kdrama directors direct cliffhanger. 
why TP? why TP had stop after hearing his name??? He could have kept acting like he was deaf???? Smh shm 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, UnniSara said:

She acts like she is sorry but then again she isn't.

YR is only acting as if she is sorry as a way to lull someone before her venom strikes.

Actually, it was good to see MH calling YR out and shaking her to the core that she's going to be found out. Stupid woman. She doesn't see yet that she's a petty, spiteful minor league player frantically running around trying not to get caught out, and burning ever more bridges as she does so.

This middle part is the most annoying since it seems as if YR wins time and time again. I can't wait until YR starts losing battles and truths finally start emerging. That's why MH messing with YR's head by showing her the wedding photo and threatening to show it to SJ and his family was nice, though YR has already put a preventative strike in place with that news article about faked photos.

Right now, YR is fighting both SJ and MH to protect her position as the DL Group daughter-in-law, and she doesn't think very highly of SJ and MH, much less anyone else. She thinks that she's smarter and better than all of them. I can't wait for YJ to finally bring YR down once YJ understands how vindictive and destructive YR is.

I'm expecting the drama to figure out a reason for YR to use DH/MW against YJ and MH/TP somehow which would make YR even lower and more hateful than she already is. So, we'll just have to see.

I want the drama to keep giving little victories against YR, and not redeem her at the end. YR really should be left alone with nothing, no family, no money, no job. YR will still be okay, though, since her mother will stupidly allow YR to continue to walk all over her while she rushes to do YR's bidding. There really had better be more to YR's mother's story as to why she favors YR who is ashamed of her and only ever uses her so much more than YJ.

• Clapping Hands 2

lol YR almost got caught in one of her lies 

YJ’s father looks worried??? Wae !!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UnniSara said:

This really shocked me. Now I am very afraid . 

That is crazy... Is she going to let her father die without calling for help? Wow, will she become the evilest dailies antagonist to date? The extent she would go for a status... If she were that smart and has the time and effort and money to strategise, why not work her way up herself and earn respects the proper way? Some people only see shortcuts to high life and cannot see other ways. Of course I know this is drama and we need to have this kind of characters otherwise there is no story to tell. But yeah, people like this do exist in real life unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

On 12/6/2020 at 12:02 PM, UnniSara said:

This really shocked me. Now I am very afraid . 

Wow! YR caused her father to get into an accident. To be fair to her, she seemed as if she was going to call for help for her father, but she saw a car stop behind them and didn't want to be seen with her father. So, she snuck out of the truck as the bystander came up to her father to help. Then she went back to her in-law house and pretended nothing happened. That is just stone cold. I guess we're supposed to feel that she's not completely heartless and wouldn't have just let her father died, but it's telling that she cares more about herself than her injured father. This is consistent with her ruthlessly selfish personality which is willing to take advantage of anyone and everyone as it suits her.

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Some people only see shortcuts to high life and cannot see other ways. Of course I know this is drama and we need to have this kind of characters otherwise there is no story to tell. But yeah, people like this do exist in real life unfortunately.

Good point. She's smart and she's cunning. You would think that she could have finagled herself an education and whatever else to better herself rather than constantly lying, tricking, and hurting others to benefit herself.

As you've said, this is a drama, but unfortunately, there are people like her in real life as well who only know how to use other people rather than seeing the value in people as themselves.

I guess at least she calls the hospital to check on her father's condition?

The thing that is making me mad about this actually is that this drama seems to be planning on redeeming YR by giving her some semblance of human feelings. Ugh. I still don't like YR. At all. Her crying manipulation of her father was just sickening to watch.

And as usual with daily dramas, it's spending far too much time on the evil manipulator. The only enjoyable thing about episode 58 today is when she gets a copy of MW's birth certificate which lists her as the mother.

Actually, the only fun watch about this drama right now is watching TP/MH get the better of YR even if he does get setbacks.

I guess the romance between Ye Jin and YJ's little brother is cute, as he's trying to win over Ye Jin's family, but there isn't that much time shown on this couple still.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, the only fun watch about this drama right now is watching TP/MH get the better of YR even if he does get setbacks.

I agree @stroppyse  watching YR try to get the better of MH but this will backfire on her. I am positive of that. It won’t necessarily get her kicked out of the house but it will hurt her where it hurts. 
I would love to see this @ktcjdrama @Nohamahmoud2002 I wasn’t looking forward to seeing SJ feeling betrayed because to be honest. YJ was never his gif. She isn’t an object but a person. She can like whoever she wants . She has been I. Love with TP a lot longer and she told him she can only picture herself with the one she likes. Is it her fault SJ has been crushing on her hard.  Now waiting for this ball to drop is driving me crazy and I want YR to drop it . I need SJ to know about it so that MH can get a stronger backer in the company. Right about now SJ isn’t that powerful.  
Preview 

• Like 1

Yu Ra is a monster and she can never be redeemed in my eyes. She doesn't deserve to be a MOTHER. She is so scary @@ktcjdrama@stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002 

Great scene

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Min Woo

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Tomorrow's episode 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Yu Ra is a monster and she can never be redeemed in my eyes. She doesn't deserve to be a MOTHER. She is so scary

I totally agree, but I still think the drama is going to try to redeem YR in some way, and that already makes me mad.

Plus, I can't imagine how crushed TP is going to be to find out that he's not the bio dad, though I think he's going to want MW/DH as his son anyway. The problem is going to be if YR is kicked out of SJ's house, and then decides to play the card that she's MW's mom to try to get TP instead since he's now a well paid lawyer. YR may try to play it that if TP wants MW, then he'll have to be with her as well since TP has no claim on MW without being a blood relation.

Also, can't imagine how DH is going to feel being about it all, both if he has to lose his mom, YJ, and finds out that YR is his birth mom, but also later as an adult as he thinks about how his birth mom didn't want him and only used him as it suited her. Errggh.

However, looking at your gifs, I think I'm going to enjoy the next episode at least. So, thanks for that!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Errghh. So finally, the Mom decides to do a right thing and not separate DH from YJ who he thinks of as his mother. It's outrageous that the Mom had decided to have YR's child registered as YJ's child when YJ is an unmarried virgin in order to let YR lie her way into a rich family, and the entire family went along with it. However, after letting YJ raise DH as her own AND, more importantly, letting DH think of YJ as his mother, that stupid mother is fooled by YR yet again into tearing DH and YJ apart? Really? What the heck????? That mother is just cold darn stupid and heartless. I don't care how many misgivings she has. After conceding to YR's will time and time again, breaking the law, and hurting YJ at will, she's now going to commit yet another crime by kidnapping DH and taking him overseas. . They registered DH's birth to YJ, so YJ is his legal mother. I'm so mad at the mother right now.

YR is her usual selfish, manipulative self, not caring who she hurts or even kills as long as she gets her way.  She manipulates her mother into thinking she's overdosing, but she's using Vitamin C tablets.  Her mother is stupid, and it's just unforgivable for doing that to DH and YJ. She should call YR's bluff. She should know her daughter. YR is a survivor. She would throw DH and any number of other children over the cliffs to their deaths, if it meant that she could live in the wealthy family that she's with now. The mother is too stupid to see that, but she knows the trauma that she's causing DH, an innocent child who trusts her, and she's betraying that trust.

I'm really angry about this. I'm glad that TP is choking YR. I may have to give this drama a rest for a bit. I hate it when children are caught in the plans of stupid, greedy adults. It happens enough in real life that I don't need to watch it happen in a drama.

• Like 1

Episode was good today. YJ's mom left town but not the state. She took MW's smart watch and MW called his mom. That is so smart.  Both parent CUT TIES  with YR for now. I am absolutely sure that the mom is doesn't mean it. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291c8966c9540ad0f35e

Spoiler

We need to accept that YJ is TP's weakness. For now I believe YR's secret will have to come out. 

He revealed himself so that YR would stop bothering YJ.    Yj was planing to quit to protect TP's identity. She wants him to find justice for his mom. 

• Like 2

Hmm. I'm a couple of episodes behind. I was excited to see the scenes that @UnniSara posted, but it looks as if YR figures out a way out of it again somehow. Anyway, here is a translation of the preview for tomorrow's episode 62.

TP: Are you still thinking that I’m a pushover? I’m not the Tae Poong of old.
YR: Hey! I’m begging you like this. Please save me just this once.
Father: He wouldn’t have done it deliberately.
Mother: How would you know?! If only you had said something, Yoo Ra wouldn’t have ended up like this!
Man: Team Leader Yoo Min Hyuk has been arrested and taken down to the station for questioning.
SJ: I won’t believe it until I see it with my own eyes.
YJ: Surely, unnie didn’t do it deliberately to do hard, did she?
Man: Han Yoo Ra-shi, it could be dangerous for you as well.
YR: I have to do this. I have no other recourse. This is the only way left.
TP: Han Yoo Ra!

So, TP gets in trouble at the office somehow, probably in another set up. And, then I guess YR decides to frame him for an accident involving herself. sigh

• Thanks 2

Saw ep 61. The problem with a lot of these dailies is that a lot of times is actually spent on the villain or villainess. Unfortunately, YR is actually not that well written a character, plus I think she may be a newbie actress? Anyway, the YR scenes when she's not sharing the screen with YJ or MH tend to fall flat, so that I end up fast forwarding through most of it once I get the gist of what the scene is supposed to be.

Most annoying scene was YR's mother going to MH's office to throw a screaming fit. Yes, this is why YJ and her father didn't bother to bring the mom into the loop, because the mom is a shameless piranha in the service of the daughter that even she acknowledges is toxic. Then she goes dutifully to YR to let her know about her antics and how they seem to have failed. It kind of made me laugh to think the mother seemed taken aback that YR turned on her as well. Like mother, like daughter.

It's also funny how often YR claims that she did everything for herself, and yet at the slightest hint of trouble, she's off to mommy and daddy to get them to act on her behalf, including commit crimes. It's actually a bit of a sick joke how much her parents enable YR's despicable behavior, though YR is narcissistic enough to claim all credit for herself and dump blame on anyone and everyone around her.

Jeez, I just ended up writing an entire post about the villain chick.

The problem was that the heroine is given so little to do right now. It's nice to see YJ and MH be so tight together, though, and I appreciated YJ deciding to cancel her resignation. In her words, why resign to make YR happier when YR is the kind of person who would kidnap her child and try to send him overseas.

The bit of bromance between MH and the baby brother YM was also sweet. It would be nice to see more bromance there.

Speaking of bromance, I worry about MH and SJ because I think that they actually really do care about each other. If only they didn't both love YJ, and if only there wasn't SJ's mother and YR complicating the mess.

• Like 3

@UnniSara @stroppyse  I think Yura won't be redeemed. Remember Sena in Love till the end?  In revenge drama, thankfully villains get punished. In Left handed wife, Namjun died. In a place in the sun, the father was imprisoned. In Fatal promise, the lawyer was sent to prison. So I have 99 % hope that Yura wont be redeemed. In revenge drama, only semi villains are redeemed, here it is Yura's mom. I think she will be redeemed. Certainly Lady Ju and Yura will be punished. Yura's  son detests her just as Eunchan hated the lawyer in Fatal promise.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@UnniSara @stroppyse  I think Yura won't be redeemed. Remember Sena in Love till the end?  In revenge drama, thankfully villains get punished. In Left handed wife, Namjun died. In a place in the sun, the father was imprisoned. In Fatal promise, the lawyer was sent to prison. So I have 99 % hope that Yura wont be redeemed. In revenge drama, only semi villains are redeemed, here it is Yura's mom. I think she will be redeemed. Certainly Lady Ju and Yura will be punished. Yura's  son detests her just as Eunchan hated the lawyer in Fatal promise.

I really hope that you are right! I don't think YR should be redeemed by the drama. At least, I think everyone needs to realize how evil she is.

The reason I'm concerned though is that the father realizes that YR is evil now when it's still in the middle run of the drama. Plus, they keep having YR look pensive. I agree that villains frequently get punished in revenge dramas, but this is also a daily drama which highly values family relationships.

Dong Ho hates YR now and would be devastated to find out that YR is his birth mother, but enough other people know that he is YR's son so that he will find out sooner or later. Hopefully, it's later.

However, I will take comfort in what you said, and hope that the writers bring down karmic retribution onto YR.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

I have not watch episode 62-63 because from preview it Yu Ra is winning and it really pisses me off . I don’t pity SJ , although some people have pointed out he should be pitied but I. My opinion this is Karma. For the terrible deeds his mom did, he is now paying for it. It is sas but true. Yes he is a good guy and o do hope he find real love but he put his hope in a love that he was deluded by. 
1.  He was crushing hard for YJ but vues what didn’t he leave for 5 years with no  letter or goodbye to the woman he supposedly love. 
2. He didn’t even fight to stay with her but followed his mommy’s decision 

3. he is a momma’s boy. ( YUCK!!) I hate guys like that be a they tend to become evil to protect their mom unless the writer has planned for him to be the good guy 

• Like 1

Preview for tomorrow

YJ's Omma had the audacity to call TP YJ's brother in law. lol 

SJ is POSSESIVE and it is looking like HAN YU RA'S WISHES WILL NOT COME TRUE

• Haha 2

Let’s Route for SJ. 
Wow , I didn’t know he had it in him . Lol lol  This drama is hilarious @stroppyse @Nohamahmoud2002 @ktcjdrama

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299b31d1c4ab26a00a38

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299b31d1c4ab26a00a38

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I have not watch episode 62-63 because from preview it Yu Ra is winning and it really pisses me off . I don’t pity SJ , although some people have pointed out he should be pitied but I. My opinion this is Karma. For the terrible deeds his mom did, he is now paying for it. It is sas but true. Yes he is a good guy and o do hope he find real love but he put his hope in a love that he was deluded by. 
1.  He was crushing hard for YJ but vues what didn’t he leave for 5 years with no  letter or goodbye to the woman he supposedly love. 
2. He didn’t even fight to stay with her but followed his mommy’s decision 

3. he is a momma’s boy. ( YUCK!!) I hate guys like that be a they tend to become evil to protect their mom unless the writer has planned for him to be the good guy 

All really good points! SJ was crushing hard for YJ, but he left her without any word. And, then he married another woman! I understand it was a contract marriage, but it was still a marriage. Plus, once he finds out that YR and YJ are sisters, he'll understand why he can never be with YJ anyway.

On the other hand, nice punch, and with his injured hand. LOL

I saw SJ tell TP to break up with YJ in a previous episode. Sigh.

SJ seems to be both a good guy and a bad guy in this drama. Hope he's not too bad.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1