You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

Why did Tencent decide to change the subs for this iconic line?! :pandarage2:

This line:

f2JnEon.jpg

Has been changed to this:

02v4Yh2.jpeg

For those that have yet to watch the series or episode 4, please note that the real line that Yu Tu says is, "You can see her everywhere on the streets". This line is very iconic to the novel and is one of the many lines readers remember the most from the novel. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

For those that have yet to watch the series or episode 4, please note that the real line that Yu Tu says is, "You can see her picture everywhere on the streets". This line is very iconic to the novel and is one of the many lines readers remember the most from the novel. 

maybe not pictures.....cause YuTu didnt specify pictures only said "She can be seen everywhere on the street" 

however definitely the first picture translation are the closest ......while the 2nd one is a bit out of context

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

however definitely the first picture translation are the closest ......while the 2nd one is a bit out of context

Yeah, it's so different from what was said!!

And I made edits to my post about what you said about the line. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Episode 1 - introduction to all the characters, setting the motion of the plots

Episode 2 - bribing YuTu's teammate with character's skin so that they will carry her

Episode 3 - YuTu agreed to coach JingJing playing the games, YuTu & JingJing finally meet up after 10 years

Episode 4 - YuTu agreed to coach JingJing face to face, they will start their practice at 9am, YuTu meet up with XiaQing(his Ex) in the middle of the practice

Episode 5 - Jing Jing's ex randomly stops by. Yu Tu attends dinner with his classmates. One of them, is mocking Yu Tu's decision to quit aerospace and join the finance world. Jing Jing's assistant sees this and she purposely sends Yu Tu an "expensive" wine and snacks to their table. Yu Tu leaves with the wine and goes back to Jing Jing. They sit by the window and chat. (CR: @Tofu )

Episode 6 - Jing Jing makes Yu Tu coffee with latte art, except he couldn't figure out what she drew. Jing Jing was offended he couldn't tell it was a rabbit. Haha! Jing Jing also attends the Single Day event where she sings. Prior to the event, they end up playing the game with a couple. Jing Jing pretends they are a couple too.  (CR: @Tofu )

Episode 7 - YuTu invite JingJing for a movie  (CR: @Tofu )

Episode 8 - dinner with LingJie and the rest of the gang at LingJie(JJ's manager), solo between YuTu & AhGuo (LingJie's husband)

Episode 9 - a meal with YuTu's teacher, first argument between JingJing & YuTu

Episode 10 - YuTu sitting at JingJing's apartment downstairs and play games after games with her

oh thank you for the highlights! And keep cont. ?? HAHAHAH niceeeeee

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

For those that have yet to watch the series or episode 4, please note that the real line that Yu Tu says is, "You can see her everywhere on the streets". This line is very iconic to the novel and is one of the many lines readers remember the most from the novel. 

ooooh so with "you can see her everywhere on the streets", it's not like an insult but Yu Tu just stating the fact with no harm on his intentions HAHAHAH aish why change it

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

YY looking serious however he laugh at Reba's antic lols

someone said in twitter Reba is Jingjing, Jingjing is Reba. I can see why with this hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

53 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

actually....but C-Dramas do not repeat casting much...

depending on agency too

&

usually they will repeat the same casting for sequel or tried to....PB recast both Vengo and Reba into the same role from their popularity and also high demands of their role from Eternal Love....

LiangJie and Xing ZhaoLing had also been re-casted into the 'The Eternal Love 1, 2, 3' due to popularity too....

Xu KaiCheng and Simona Wang had been re-casted from Well Intended Love into Well Intended Love 2 (with some changes of plot lines which was requested from Fans)

also the more popular one will be

Zhang ZheHan with Ju JingYi which also had their role replenish from Legend of Yunxi to The Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion, this was also because alot of fans love the chemistry in between the two main cast and they felt that the ending from Legend of Yunxi is very lacking....

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Why did Tencent decide to change the subs for this iconic line?! :pandarage2:

Boo... I guess it makes the meaning of his statement more clear, at least from the friend's perspective.  A friend of mine was just asking for clarification yesterday as to whether they understood that exchange correctly (they had).  But it sure does omit the whole wit and intention behind that statement, because that's neither what YT said or meant -- that's the whole funny bit of that statement.  We know YT meant that statement one way while his friend interpreted it another way, and then we giggle in anticipation of the day the friend realizes that YT had really made that statement in the literal sense!  Sigh. 

• Like 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

48 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Episode 17 Preview -- AHHHH!! I was telling @NiteWalker that this was one of my favorite parts so I can't wait to see it but...it occurring in episode 17 means that I'll have to wait until the week of August 9th to see the continuation of it. :letalQQ:

this will happen next week 

mon - 13 & 14

tues - 15 & 16

wed - 17 & 18

i don’t think u need to skip hehehe after this YuTu will chase bk his girl hehehe

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Boo... I guess it makes the meaning of his statement more clear, at least from the friend's perspective.  A friend of mine was just asking for clarification yesterday as to whether they understood that exchange correctly (they had).  But it sure does omit the whole wit and intention behind that statement, because that's neither what YT said or meant -- that's the whole funny bit of that statement.  We know YT meant that statement one way while his friend interpreted it another way, and then we giggle in anticipation of the day the friend realizes that YT had really made that statement in the literal sense!  Sigh. 

when @Tofutold me the subtitle which went array I said it shouldn’t be that way lols 

gladly I don’t have to read the subtitles if not I would bang my head lols

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

gladly I don’t have to read the subtitles if not I would bang my head lols

I bang my head because I know how it should be.  Subtitling errors that affect meaning drive me crazy, because I feel sorry for those who do need them.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

I bang my head because I know how it should be.  Subtitling errors that affect meaning drive me crazy, because I feel sorry for those who do need them.  

I feel the same way too! I'm glad I read the novel otherwise I would have completely missed this witty comment from Yu Tu. 

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i don’t think u need to skip hehehe after this YuTu will chase bk his girl hehehe

On Sunday, I'll watch episode 9-12. LOL! 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

I feel the same way too! I'm glad I read the novel otherwise I would have completely missed this witty comment from Yu Tu.

:letalQQ:yall makes me motivated much more to read the novel for the rest episodes 

edit: I just preview some chapters in the novel.. Somehow finished chapter 31 fully and I see its on the preview of ep 17, when Yu Tu open up his old computer ahhhhh

• Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o