You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

can't wait for ep 21 to 26... who cares about subtitles...??? 

I don;t know i often kept myself wondering that if JJ is not  a Star , will YuTu still be together with her???? in real life probably , this love will also stem from the additional comfort of meeting his own family needs if JJ is his family...! yet it hits where it should...

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

the place where YuTu was worried that JingJing is still angry with him and also whether she still need him....somehow this show the trigger or the change of pace how YuTu actually felt about JingJing....he started to care whether JingJing wanted him....

YangYang emote this very well....u can feel his insecurity and it clenches at you....making you hold your breath as he does when he waiting for JingJing's answer...

Gif Cr: As Tagged (from Weibo)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

@NiteWalker oh , Yang Yang can emote.... there is a reason behind him being heart throb.... its because he can emote.... the viewers can feel.... trust me when i say this... i sold my soul to him when I first saw him as Xiao Nai.... thats my 2nd C drama and one of the first people after Mark Chao for whom I felt very deeply..

• Like 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

1 hour ago, movingwheel said:

@NiteWalker oh , Yang Yang can emote.... there is a reason behind him being heart throb.... its because he can emote.... the viewers can feel.... trust me when i say this... i sold my soul to him when I first saw him as Xiao Nai.... thats my 2nd C drama and one of the first people after Mark Chao for whom I felt very deeply..

i wasnt sold on XiaoNai, he was just being prefect or almost prefect there and even in The King Avatar i drop too...as the show couldnt hold me even with YangYang....

however if you're ask who make a better XiaoNai i will say Jing BoRan and Angelababy actually made the best of XiaoNai and WeiWei....in the movie version just that they didnt cover everything that well as some of the plots are cut short and didnt make much sense from one scene to another sometimes......

back to YAMG, im glad that YY prove he can actually emotes....try 'Vanguard' i say its was pretty good and i love the action pack from YY, not to mention he did most of it himself and i have say he proved to be a good action artist, where its a different sides of him and i really i like it....

• Like 3

criesssssss both act it very well since the awkwardness in car, and the official ask with rejection with not compatible reason.

I can feel her desperation after having quality times together during his off days,

and I can feel his desperation for not seeing the future to make her stays happy with him.

Yu Tu 1+1 is 2 you are genius you can figure that out.

• Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

5 hours ago, bairama said:

and I can feel his desperation for not seeing the future to make her stays happy with him.

I swear it's like we can see the arrows being shot into his chest every time he looks around at his coworkers and he hears them comment on how they have to stand up their wife/girlfriend/children again because of their work.  He's too considerate.  He thinks too deeply.  He just needs to learn how to chase after what he wants, regardless, to not be so afraid, and then he and JJ can figure everything else out together.

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I swear it's like we can see the arrows being shot into his chest every time he looks around at his coworkers and he hears them comment on how they have to stand up their wife/girlfriend/children again because of their work.  He's too considerate.  He thinks too deeply.  He just needs to learn how to chase after what he wants, regardless, to not be so afraid, and then he and JJ can figure everything else out together.

hahaha which is why the teacher told him that no matter how much you earn, ppl will always earn more than you and i think he was about to call YuTu ..... 'stupid' though he hold himself in check hahaha

• Tasty 1
2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

"You don't misjudge / misunderstand her" this is my own translation lols@themarchionesswhat about yours?

Yes, it's "Don't misunderstand her."  I just went through this with some of my friends already.  I had a lot of nitpicks re: Ep 16 subs.  LOL.  Wanna hear them all? 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Just now, themarchioness said:

Yes, it's "Don't misunderstand her."  I just went through this with some of my friends already.  I had a lot of nitpicks re: Ep 16 subs.  LOL.  Wanna hear them all? 

sure why not!! i was shaking my head when i saw those subtitles.... i was like pls dont translate base on meaning, its suppose to be word to word translation of course in proper order!

• Shocked 1
Just now, NiteWalker said:

sure why not!! i was shaking my head when i saw those subtitles.... i was like pls dont translate base on meaning, its suppose to be word to word translation of course in proper order!

In addition to the one you highlighted, the other subs that I took issue with are:

- The ex saying to YT, "Is this supposed to be your generosity?"  It doesn't really makes sense.  What she asked was whether this was going to be his 风度, and I'm not sure what the best translation is for that... my dictionary says, "demeanor; bearing; elegance (for men); elegant demeanor; grace; poise," so my best translation would be demeanor.  It’s kind of like, “Is this how you’re going to be?”

- In the scene where YT says, "I accepted your love then," they left out "rashly."  What he said is, back then, he agreed [to date her] too rashly.

- In the scene where YT tells the ex, "I like it better here," what he actually said is that he's more suited for the research center.  While that does imply that he likes his current work better than the finance work that he was considering, I like the original meaning better because in my opinion, he's not really expressing which he likes better.  Rather, it's more like he's stating a fact.  It's not about what likes and dislikes.  It's about the fact that he's doing what he's meant to do. This is him.  It's what he's most suited to do.

- When GZ asks YT if he went back to the research center because of him, the subs have YT answering, "Don't be dense."  What he says, literally, is: Face, don't be, big, so I think it's actually more along the lines of, "Don't be so big-headed."  Like he's teasing his friend to not be so arrogant to think his decision is tied to him.

- When his professor and Mr. Hu (I don't remember what Mr Hu's title is) are talking about YT working on the project, the subs have Mr. Hu saying that YT is an "outstanding beginner."  That makes no sense since YT isn't just starting out in the industry.  He's just junior compared to others.  And indeed, what Mr. Hu actually says is YT is a "good 苗子."  That's another hard word to translate, but my dictionary suggests, "young successor," and I think is better context for what Mr Hu was trying to say.

Anyway, those were the ones that stood out the most to me.

• Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

19 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

- The ex saying to YT, "Is this supposed to be your generosity?"  It doesn't really makes sense.  What she asked was whether this was going to be his 风度, and I'm not sure what the best translation is for that... my dictionary says, "demeanor; bearing; elegance (for men); elegant demeanor; grace; poise," so my best translation would be demeanor.  It’s kind of like, “Is this how you’re going to be?”

correct.....why generosity??? and i think your sentence does make more sense than their translation....what had this got to do with generosity i wonder did they use google translate **ahem**

- In the scene where YT says, "I accepted your love then," they left out "rashly."  What he said is, back then, he agreed [to date her] too rashly.

either rashly....or 'I accepted your love without much thoughts' well if they want to explain further which 'rashly' will do just fine!!!

- In the scene where YT tells the ex, "I like it better here," what he actually said is that he's more suited for the research center.  While that does imply that he likes his current work better than the finance work that he was considering, I like the original meaning better because in my opinion, he's not really expressing which he likes better.  Rather, it's more like he's stating a fact.  It's not about what likes and dislikes.  It's about the fact that he's doing what he's meant to do. This is him.  It's what he's most suited to do.

this one right??? and again, you're right....he didnt say i like it better here....its more like 'Here suit me better' sigh....honestly they really need some good editor before they release all these misleading subtitles!!!

5kvNdYp.png

20 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

- When his professor and Mr. Hu (I don't remember what Mr Hu's title is) are talking about YT working on the project, the subs have Mr. Hu saying that YT is an "outstanding beginner."  That makes no sense since YT isn't just starting out in the industry.  He's just junior compared to others.  And indeed, what Mr. Hu actually says is YT is a "good 苗子."  That's another hard word to translate, but my dictionary suggests, "young successor," and I think is better context for what Mr Hu was trying to say.

either that or if we want to take in original translation its will be better with 'outstanding successor' / 'good successor' which is a direct translation 

also from what i can see.... 苗子 = successor is a good translation / choice

21 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

- When GZ asks YT if he went back to the research center because of him, the subs have YT answering, "Don't be dense."  What he says, literally, is: Face, don't be, big, so I think it's actually more along the lines of, "Don't be so big-headed."  Like he's teasing his friend to not be so arrogant to think his decision is tied to him.

either that or what we chinese always love to say 'thick skin' right? 

• Insightful 1
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

either that or what we chinese always love to say 'thick skin' right? 

I considered thick skin, but I feel like if that's what he had wanted to say, then he would've just said so: lian pi hou.  But he didn't, so...

Edited by themarchioness
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My Fanfics

@NiteWalker @themarchioness subs did feel off the place because i have read the englist translation of the novel.... they did it better than Tencent...!!! no offense but a lot of times sub sucked and i had to actually go back to check the novel what they actually said...

However , coming episodes onwards , it seem they are tweaking the novel a bit.... like confession to parents scene.... it was not supposed to happen this way during new year off time.... in book , JJ brings the whole dvd set of the drama that YT's mom is watching....since she is in it... !!! and i think they should tweak at some places according to Gu-Man's choices...

• Like 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

1 minute ago, movingwheel said:

However , coming episodes onwards , it seem they are tweaking the novel a bit.... like confession to parents scene.... it was not supposed to happen this way during new year off time.... in book , JJ brings the whole dvd set of the drama that YT's mom is watching....since she is in it... !!! and i think they should tweak at some places according to Gu-Man's choices...

actually i remember the first translation i read that YuTu did told the parents that he is actually JJ's bf and not just schoolmates however i might be wrong...though i believe this tweak are done with GuMan's approval as she was on board as the script writer 

however with YuTu's parents definitely is with the DVD lols which the mother actually show off with the relatives lols

most probably they trying to give off some happy vibes or playful vibes since they had YY-YuTu being so downcasted most of the times for the first 16 episodes....

i seen the trailer and i do like the changes.....

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

i love the changes too.... YT has been shown as always too much of a thinker.... JJ is more playful.... it was YT getting into his playful self like his high school days.... he just turned the tables on her.... @NiteWalker

yup definitely....besides....i just told @bairama that YuTu think too much...he should just went with the flow sometimes!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1