You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

In addition to the one you highlighted, the other subs that I took issue with are:

- The ex saying to YT, "Is this supposed to be your generosity?"  It doesn't really makes sense.  What she asked was whether this was going to be his 风度, and I'm not sure what the best translation is for that... my dictionary says, "demeanor; bearing; elegance (for men); elegant demeanor; grace; poise," so my best translation would be demeanor.  It’s kind of like, “Is this how you’re going to be?”

- In the scene where YT says, "I accepted your love then," they left out "rashly."  What he said is, back then, he agreed [to date her] too rashly.

- In the scene where YT tells the ex, "I like it better here," what he actually said is that he's more suited for the research center.  While that does imply that he likes his current work better than the finance work that he was considering, I like the original meaning better because in my opinion, he's not really expressing which he likes better.  Rather, it's more like he's stating a fact.  It's not about what likes and dislikes.  It's about the fact that he's doing what he's meant to do. This is him.  It's what he's most suited to do.

- When GZ asks YT if he went back to the research center because of him, the subs have YT answering, "Don't be dense."  What he says, literally, is: Face, don't be, big, so I think it's actually more along the lines of, "Don't be so big-headed."  Like he's teasing his friend to not be so arrogant to think his decision is tied to him.

- When his professor and Mr. Hu (I don't remember what Mr Hu's title is) are talking about YT working on the project, the subs have Mr. Hu saying that YT is an "outstanding beginner."  That makes no sense since YT isn't just starting out in the industry.  He's just junior compared to others.  And indeed, what Mr. Hu actually says is YT is a "good 苗子."  That's another hard word to translate, but my dictionary suggests, "young successor," and I think is better context for what Mr Hu was trying to say.

Anyway, those were the ones that stood out the most to me.

I......... Shocked & confused lol I'm trying to not think too much when watching newest episodes later then because.. What should I do anyway... I just can rely on our correctors here pls shifu @themarchioness& @NiteWalker T^T

I feel it though, the sentences you pointed out it is kinda weird when I watch it first. Like, I need to backwards to check if my comprehension is clear.

45 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

and he will be actually

can't wait for these episodes to comeeee!!! Ngl tho, his sufferings are bittersweet & I adore this drama because of that issue, I don't mind for another his side/her side focused scenes. It is interesting! Will continue to read the novel while waiting the sugar grace our silver screen

P. S. I miss Jingjing more than I thought. Hope for much her side scenes today

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

This show has surprised me by not being very tropey at all. And that is absolutely a good thing. 

For the first time in since Imperial Coroner, I'm ecstatic about a female character written and depicted as a normal human being, not as some kind of obligatory bickering partner for the male lead in the early episodes. Her strength doesn't come from how well she quarrels with the male lead and annoys the heck out of him (and me) but from showcasing her own resolve, abilities and personality. Qualities that a man with brains can appreciate and come to his own conclusions about.

I've never been a big fan of either leads. But I see a lot of improvements from both. Dilraba especially with this and in Long Ballad. One of my favourite scenes so far is when Yu Tu and Jingjing meet for the first time since high school at the bottom of her building. The expressions on his face from one of bewilderment, surprise, recognition and then amusement were beautifully captured. That's the sort of "show" I tend to prefer to "telling" that's far more common in C dramas.

The recognition on Yu Tu's part that when he turned her down at high school, he lacked judgment or discernment is in line with the realism in this show. While he was good at book learning, sports and had a head for STEM subjects, he didn't know much about the opposite sex or what he wanted from a life partner. Few 18 year olds do. But more importantly, there's the issue of timing. He's now at a crossroads in his life where he realises that his dream or his ambition isn't everything. It's a good place for him to be and to question his trajectory. Whether or not he stays in aeronautical engineering is irrelevant. He is ready to realise what he missed from not being in a relationship with Jingjing. There's a nice strain of realism running right through the drama where there's an acknowledgement that academic success is no guarantee of professional, relational or financial success. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@NiteWalker Haha, why does that poster of the KTV scene remind me so much of the scene in Love O2O when Xiao Nai went to sit next to Wei Wei in the bleachers during the basketball game? I think it's because of all the girls in the background gaping and smiling, kind of like how the crowd around Xiao Nai and Wei Wei also went crazy with gossip and speculation during that scene.  Hee hee. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

23 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@themarchioness it did remind me the same..... but the difference has been Wei Wei was already worshipping the ground....but here JJ does not worship the ground....she maintains her stand..

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting JJ is anything like WW or that YT is anything like XN. I just meant the way the camera captured that KTV moment reminded me of the basketball scene in Love O2O... nothing more, nothing less.  :)

• Like 7

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

12 hours ago, themarchioness said:

@NiteWalker Haha, why does that poster of the KTV scene remind me so much of the scene in Love O2O when Xiao Nai went to sit next to Wei Wei in the bleachers during the basketball game? I think it's because of all the girls in the background gaping and smiling, kind of like how the crowd around Xiao Nai and Wei Wei also went crazy with gossip and speculation during that scene.  Hee hee. 

maybe its the setting.....well the 3 girls reaction does echo the 3 roommates of WeiWei when XiaoNai went up to sit next to WeiWei right?

• Like 6

Some things I really loved about yesterday's episodes. 

17 - YT visiting the old online space forum and realizing just how deep JJ's feelings run. You could feel the pain and regret radiating through his body, and I really like how the show interspersed that moment with flashbacks to some of the conversations he's had with JJ in the present.  It's like all the puzzle pieces came together for him.  I also really liked the conversation he had with his mother.  You can see how much he's been interested in space since as a child, and I'm really glad she shared with him her regrets at having pushed him towards finance in university,  He may have already made his decision, but I imagine knowing that his mother does support his decision would be one weight off his shoulder.

18 - The moment where one of YT's seniors advised him to take some time to rest and not work so hard; "Don't make your life during the field test a time of hardship." I felt like that could be advice for how YT approaches his life, too.  Because right now he's got this either/or approach and it needn't be that way.  After all, his colleagues are all either in relationships or wanting to be in one, and they're not letting their careers get in their way.  Sure, YT's choice of occupation presents some challenges, but other careers do too, and I'm just glad there are people along the way who are helping him to see these things.  Because I don't him to be like the Rabbit on the moon, where his co-worker said, ""Our poor Rabbit is all alone on the Moon."

The other moment I loved was when YT shared GZ's vision and reasoning for the name GZ chose for their project.  "In the seemingly endless cosmos, we search for the truth of human and Earth's origins. In this infinite time and space, we search for the existence of another God's miraculous work. Its duty is to prove that we're not alone in this world." Although YT and GZ may be speaking of their search to find other life forms in space, I think it's also applicable to what our entire drama is about: searching for love. :heart:

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Previews for next week's episodes (Ep19-24)

Spoiler

I've been enjoying the drama so far and like @40somethingahjumma I never really watched Yang Yang's works before but from the clips I've seen of him, I think this is his best role yet. It almost like Yu Tu was created for him. I've always liked Dilireba and it has been a joy to watch her projects this year. I loved her in The Long Ballad and this drama too. 

Be back later to add more thoughts because I should really be working right now. Haha!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1
40 minutes ago, Tofu said:

It almost like Yu Tu was created for him.

I'm pretty sure it was! YY shared a few months ago that Gu Man gifted a copy of the book to him after it was published along with a note, and given that they'd worked together previously on Love O2O, I'm pretty sure he was her muse.  Heh.

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1

My Fanfics

On 8/4/2021 at 6:30 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

This show has surprised me by not being very tropey at all. And that is absolutely a good thing. 

For the first time in since Imperial Coroner, I'm ecstatic about a female character written and depicted as a normal human being, not as some kind of obligatory bickering partner for the male lead in the early episodes. Her strength doesn't come from how well she quarrels with the male lead and annoys the heck out of him (and me) but from showcasing her own resolve, abilities and personality. Qualities that a man with brains can appreciate and come to his own conclusions about.

Very well said. This is why the show is really pleasant to watch for me.. Its a story of good people that relatable deep down inside 🤗

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

12 hours ago, themarchioness said:

17 - YT visiting the old online space forum and realizing just how deep JJ's feelings run. You could feel the pain and regret radiating through his body, and I really like how the show interspersed that moment with flashbacks to some of the conversations he's had with JJ in the present.  It's like all the puzzle pieces came together for him.  I also really liked the conversation he had with his mother.  You can see how much he's been interested in space since as a child, and I'm really glad she shared with him her regrets at having pushed him towards finance in university,  He may have already made his decision, but I imagine knowing that his mother does support his decision would be one weight off his shoulder.

me too....the conversation between the mother and YuTu warm one heart....YuTu's mother love him alot and she saw her own error in pushing her child to do something she thought was good for his future.....

from the way the mother spoke is also with pride, somehow the whole thing knitted together really good...its show how one struggle and sacrifice are all done for something you want ... 

no wonder both YY & Reba mention in the drama that they love YuTu's mother the best, they say its was really easy...when she smiles you kinda follow her smiles....as i know very well that when she spoke with YuTu and smiles i follow her n smiles too

On 8/4/2021 at 7:30 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

hahaha next times i call you if i felt the female in the drama is a fighter!!! hahaha of course by not being annoying however being as good with reasoning like what we since we Imperial Coroner hahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sorry I'm late to the party over here but I started YAMG yesterday and have now seen all 18 episodes. 

Gosh, I love this drama so much! This is only the 2nd drama of Yang Yang's I've watched and I had forgotten how much I adore him. And he is so perfect for Yu Tu! :wow:  Every time he comes onscreen, I can't help but ogle. Especially when he smiles! And he's so good at those micro expressions he makes especially when he's around Jingjing.

Dilreba is perfect for her role as Jingjing as well and they have such good chemistry. 

I love how the characters are written in this one. You can clearly see the struggle in Yu Tu between pursuing his dreams and having the ability to care for his parents. In most dramas, we are presented with an extremely intelligent and handsome ML who eventually becomes rich and successful while the FL is a struggling employee somewhere. In this one, the ML, despite his intelligence and good looks feels as though he has accomplished nothing and is in fact struggling financially while the FL is flourishing. 

I found Yu Tu's struggles and circumstances to be so relatable. I think we all have this assumption that folks who do well in school end up being successful later on in life. However, that isn't always the case as we see in Yu Tu. He is considered successful in that he has accomplished much in the aerospace field. However, no one is aware of his accomplishments and from the average person's perspective, he has nothing to show for it. It's one of those things where he's doing what he loves, he's extremely good at it but he doesn't get the fame or the money that typically goes with it. 

As for Jingjing, I love how humble she is despite her fame. Despite having been rejected by Yu Tu in their younger years, when she finally did meet him again, she wasn't all "look at me, I'm famous now, don't you regret it". In fact she was warm and friendly toward Yu Tu and when she said she wanted him to coach her, she was serious about it. It wasn't just a gimmick to try and get close to him. She actually worked hard and practiced even when he wasn't around. 

It was nice to see Yu Tu develop an appreciation for Jingjing and to admit that he was wrong to reject Jingjing when he was younger when he didn't really know better. And how sweet that he chose to write her a handwritten letter!

I cannot wait to see the new episodes! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

36 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I found Yu Tu's struggles and circumstances to be so relatable. I think we all have this assumption that folks who do well in school end up being successful later on in life. However, that isn't always the case as we see in Yu Tu. He is considered successful in that he has accomplished much in the aerospace field. However, no one is aware of his accomplishments and from the average person's perspective, he has nothing to show for it. It's one of those things where he's doing what he loves, he's extremely good at it but he doesn't get the fame or the money that typically goes with it. 

As for Jingjing, I love how humble she is despite her fame. Despite having been rejected by Yu Tu in their younger years, when she finally did meet him again, she wasn't all "look at me, I'm famous now, don't you regret it". In fact she was warm and friendly toward Yu Tu and when she said she wanted him to coach her, she was serious about it. It wasn't just a gimmick to try and get close to him. She actually worked hard and practiced even when he wasn't around. 

The lead characters base surprisingly really refreshing to see in drama land! The ML & FL written so good. I'm in loveeeeee!

Drama trope usually has annoying celebrity that sassy & 'badass'. But QJJ has the quality to know her place towards Yu Tu, and everyone basically. Even in professional world, she uses her brain to actually work and I miss that on drama show with a celebrity character (I love her attitude in the game tournamet!) She has her own savageness with that way for a drama character to me. So adorable.

86c7b388700c01890829eee265363d943a37e0e7

source

And also talk about issue, Jingjing, actually has her own insecurities to dream Yu Tu as lover. That's why she pursued Tsinghua, that made Yu Tu embarrassed the way she chases her wants with maximum attempt, right? I'm glad she knows what the best for her though. Now in present she already becomes 'you are my glory' in Yu Tu's heart, but still it's not easy to make he believes that he is her glory too at this point. The way she replied for Yu Tu's second 'rejection' "I will not ask why anymore" hits hard as statement. Aah.. I think the title is very sweet for their journey.. You are my glory, to each of them respectively.

And Yu Tu's mom is best mom. That's it. He has nice family (thank you!) The flow of this finally get open in discussion between mother-child is really heartwarming.

This drama is really having comfortable flow to swim in!

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

Yes! I really appreciated the conversation between Yu Tu and his mom. Yu Tu felt guilty for having pursued his dreams, feeling that he did so at the expense of his parents. He was made to feel as though his decision was selfish. This is what Xia Qing was also implying. Not to mention that it scared Yu Tu to realize that if his parents ever fell ill in the future, he wasn't confident he could support them. 

Yu Tu needed to hear it from his parents the most since it was out of love and concern for them that he was at a crossroads. He needed to hear from them that it was okay for him to pursue his dreams, that they understand and that they are proud of him no matter what. I think this is what finally gave him the confidence to pursue Jingjing.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Scrolling on tumblr and got things need to be archived here~~~ (lol)

this one is the funniest to me by far 😂😂😂 to hold on for the time they will be together again! D-3!

b973ea06f6e8a5bfd3584e1259bf932bb2f9c5b4

cr: movieloshopy

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS YU TU CHEEKY NERD :

bfc93b6fa46da426a5a9e520aa04b3a22a6f0355

09e48ac758c6a2aa4702cb200e7a9bd53964a71a

cr: redstriinged

Spoiler

15e5621bc37e4b8ec94248da5894cc7223be4077

My coupleee :wow: :

Spoiler

12e8a5e5a43a6a16a1da552bee4b7e328a3c9ebe

cr: ahsung

e79fd711422679df6ec480435fc5b0c853efd052

cr: sebin

Jingjing best girl:

Spoiler

Yu Tu & his damage (even in desperation):

Spoiler

d8eceb232b050843c4f33852acdb893dc5bbd40e

6fb5f634a905dc76a845b076e481ea0cf58f5ff5

e58d309eea9077d6ce64a7793cb0d70342a1db22

cr: movielosophy

SIR YOUR DAMAGE WOW. HIS SMILE COMPILATION

cb60de37d8da73ec91f5f9a871c942a9dd7bd08c 4d22c8a75b06c4870ba53b451374eda2a231016a bb7eeea00ee8b4cbd6678b7f5594f8df41ef356b

6df66b6a5efd57215e157b2d4267edf522b10852 7fecf6ce4a52923672cea5071909d171d1fca592 7627eca261352e5aa4736875204c41d152e34de9

cr: lightyounup

:love:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

36 minutes ago, Mouse said:

He was made to feel as though his decision was selfish. This is what Xia Qing was also implying.

Which is interesting because it's as if Xia Qing is relying on societal expectations (upwards mobility, nice home, good school for kids, etc.) to be able to take the position that hers is not the selfish one.  But, really, is he any more selfish than what she was asking of him - to give up his dream and his passions in order to keep up with the Jones's? 

It's all a matter of perspective and that's why QJJ is the better match.  I said it at the beginning and I''ll say it again.  Certainly, the fact that QJJ is a superstar in her own right, and is independent and wealthy, will make their end game easier.  But I also feel certain that even if QYY were poor, she would still support YT working as an aerospace engineer.  She'd just work (with him) to find a way  to make it work for them as a family.  Unlike Xia Qing, she doesn't place expectations on YT.  QJJ just wants him to be the best person that he is, not the best person that others maybe thinks he should be. 

Also, it's good to see you on board @Mouse!  I was wondering if you were watching.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics