You're My Glory 你是我的荣耀 [2021]

Hahahaha! That's so true. Even though a drama has been "confirmed" until it airs, anything can happen. Even once it's on air, they can still pull it off too. :laugh:

The life of a C-Drama watcher, why do we put ourselves through this? :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Seems like it's really showing soon within this month! WeTV promoting it a lot. 🙂

But LMAO at the caption in WeTV FB post! I smell another possible fan wars over artist billing!

"You are the brightest stars in the galaxy💫

"Add #YouAreMyGlory starring #YangYang and #Dilireba (names ordered by age, not in any specific orders) to your summer vacation watch list!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

But LMAO at the caption in WeTV FB post! I smell another possible fan wars over artist billing!

There already has been a fan war, but that's why YAMG has been very clear from the beginning about their reasons behind the billing order.  Sigh... fans... please be reasonable.

https://dramapanda.com/2021/06/yang-yang-and-dilireba-studios-issue-joint-statements-amidst-fanwars.html

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

There already has been a fan war, but that's why YAMG has been very clear from the beginning about their reasons behind the billing order.  Sigh... fans... please be reasonable.

Unfortunately, no matter what statements are released, these two artists have fans that are noisy and vicious enough to act on what they feel is right (for their idols). 😑 

It may sound hopeless, but once they actually see the billing when it airs, they'll have another go at it again.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't think I can ever understand why some fans are really particular about the order of the names. I'm just happy knowing that some of my favorite actors are in a project together. :cool:

I don’t even pay attention to the credits, I just wanna get to the meat of the episode. Lol 

Soon… we’ll be finding out, whether today is the day this drama premieres. Haha.

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

3 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

nope in this particular scene, JingJing(Dilreba) is filming in a desserts area, where YuTu (YY) visited her cause he happen to be in that districts and of course JJ was happy to see him....

by then they already confirmed their relationship 

Did this happen in the book? Why can't I remember?! :psweatduck:

Here's the longer one:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

yup yup...its also where YuTu show off his engineering skills

Ahh...that's right! I don't remember it being in the desert but I do remember he did that. I don't think it's been that long since I read it but I also read it during the time I was reading Forever and Ever. I think Forever and Ever was more impressionable on me. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Tofu It wasn't in the main story, but one of the side stories. He was in the desert for his space stuff and so was she for filming, but since they'd been apart for several months he made the special trip to see her -- still took him like 2 hours, if I recall correctly.

@NiteWalker I hope the drama includes the part where he amazed the entire film crew with his engineering feat.  Who wouldn't prefer Internet access to a banquet of food??  LOL. 

I guess we'll start looking towards next week for an air date... ;) 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics

5 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

@NiteWalker I hope the drama includes the part where he amazed the entire film crew with his engineering feat.  Who wouldn't prefer Internet access to a banquet of food??  LOL. 

definitely hope so....i like how the whole team was in gratitude for it...cause they have the worst internet connection out there and also main reason YuTu help them with it was because he was in the bad connection from his JingJing hahahaha....

• Like 4

The trailer!! Omg, that heartbreaking scene! I remember it so vividly from the novel. :letalQQ:

I'm most excited to see the scene where Jingjing lied to have YuTu come over to her apartment in the beginning. LOL!

The songs from the trailer:

Spoiler

All the Pieces by Jason Tarver and Lucy Underhill

Keep Our Dreams Alive by Angus Thomas Nicholson

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Finally :wow:

Spoiler

Oh boy and there is even the wedding scene and so many other scenes that are in the book and I am just happy and so thankful that it's finally airing :smile: Lol really? There are scenes from the book? Wow no you don't say xdd I am sorry but I am tired and I had a bad start in the day but I am just so happy that it's finally airing.

Edited by mayicoryn
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

awww I do knowing its based on novel but I haven't read it. Is it available in english? I don't have any idea! Hahaha sorry if I just join this randomly. I attracted by the main cast. But after seeing the trailer, I'm kinda wondering where exactly the problem on the story.. It seems a lot of sweet moments, but thats what I exactly need now though :mine: well thankful with your writings here that mostly already read the novel, I think the drama is much deeper than its trailer. Awesome X)

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

3 minutes ago, bairama said:

awww I do knowing its based on novel but I haven't read it. Is it available in english? I don't have any idea! Hahaha sorry if I just join this randomly. I attracted by the main cast. But after seeing the trailer, I'm kinda wondering where exactly the problem on the story.. It seems a lot of sweet moments, but thats what I exactly need now though :mine: well thankful with your writings here that mostly already read the novel, I think the drama is much deeper than its trailer. Awesome X)

If you are interested in the book here is the link to the translated novel. Wonderful human beings translated/edited it :) I am still thankful that they exist.

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/gu-man/youre-my-glory-on-going/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@bairama In the novel...

Spoiler

they don't have many issues. I actually don't think they had any from what I can remember (please correct me if I'm wrong). They didn't get together until a while later and the only "misunderstanding" they had was during the confession state. 

In the trailer, Yu Tu tells Jing Jing that they are both from different worlds. This was when he rejected Jing Jing. They go their separate ways and eventually come together again. It's after this period is when he confess his true feelings to her. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mayicoryn @Tofu thank you! When I read the intro, I think.. There kind of reverse of popularity between the leads young vs adult? The popularity ML > FL in young times, then FL > ML in present time. Or more focused in two different 'world' life of people that blend little by little into one while doing their best? The one in trailer also said something like from the male lead "you belong in the sparkling world and I'm on the other side", is there insecurities issue from the ML in present time? I have this kind of thinking from watching the trailer~ and a bit curious. 

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

2 hours ago, bairama said:

@mayicoryn @Tofu thank you! When I read the intro, I think.. There kind of reverse of popularity between the leads young vs adult? The popularity ML > FL in young times, then FL > ML in present time. Or more focused in two different 'world' life of people that blend little by little into one while doing their best? The one in trailer also said something like from the male lead "you belong in the sparkling world and I'm on the other side", is there insecurities issue from the ML in present time? I have this kind of thinking from watching the trailer~ and a bit curious. 

Like @Tofu mentioned the "problem" of the story is that they have different life paths... she's a famous super star, he's an aerospace engineer, and... putting the rest under a cut in case there are others who don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler

When they were in school, the FL crushed on the ML because he was smart and handsome.  But as you saw from the trailer, he was dismissive of her (and all girls, really).  He went on to university and chose the path of an aerospace engineer, but it's not a career path that earns a lot of money.  Instead, you put a lot of effort and maybe you bring glory to the country (space program and all that) but otherwise your efforts aren't really recognized by the general public (until big space events happen) and certainly not in the bank account.  

When the FL and ML cross paths in the present again, he's actually at a crossroads in his career.  His parents are sick and he feels bad that he cannot contribute more.  With his grades he could've gotten a more lucrative job after graduating from university (such as in finance) and he wonders if that's what he shouldn't have done.  He wants to quit his job, but his boss tells him to take time to think about things.  It's because he has spare time that he runs into the FL online... 

The FL is now a superstar and endorses a computer game, but she's bad at it and her fans find out and start criticizing her for endorsing a game she doesn't even know how to play.  To improve her skills, she starts to play the game, runs across the ML and asks him to be a tutor.  Since he's got free time, he agrees and they start spending time together, and fall in love.  

The "conflict," is that the ML doesn't think he can give her anything since he's poor and because being an aerospace engineer often means spending long periods of time away from family.  But the FL doesn't care about any of that.  She just loves him and she wants him to continue being an aerospace engineer because it's his passion and because she thinks it's an honorable career.  Plus his concerns?  She's got money!  And she often has to go away for work, too.  These are not roadblocks to the FL, for whom the ML has always been the best thing since sliced bread.  ;)  It just takes the ML some time to come around to all that, but he does and then it's back to happy times. 

Overall its a very light and fluffy story.  That's the main story and then there are a bunch of epilogues that expand on their lives, including after they get together officially.  From drama teasers looks like those epilogues have been folded into the main story, yay! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics