Miss the Dragon 遇龙 [2021]

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

I need to catch up now because I want to see what kind of chaos he created. 

Yay! You'll enjoy the 2nd couple's courtship, the developing bromance, hahaha, even when they're fighting, and the lasting friendship of Qing Qing and Liu Ying's rebirth identities. 

Watch out for the things Fate Immortal asks in return of his favours.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

The story of the Dragon King and his beloved Liu Ying concluded. 

Usually there would be a written basis for the series, but Miss The Dragon is different in such a way that it is a drama adaptation of an RPG.

There are three stories of love: one that faithfully spanned four lifetimes, one that began in a previous, forgotten life, and one that has turned selfish and destructive when it was not returned.

Miss the Dragon began in a very light note, unexpected humour and hilarity in between, tales of tragedies from ambitious manipulations, and an unconventional ending. 

There is a happy ending for the innocent lovers who were punished unfairly a lifetime ago, there is a different ever after in another realm for the main couple, and a reluctant but necessary ending for the one who toyed with their lives, that one being who was trusted and was thought of as a friend who had betrayed and hurt them repeatedly. All because of his desire for more power and immortality, and the shock revelation of bitterness from his unrequited love for the Dragon King. 

Would I watch it again? Absolutely. Who doesn't want to see sugary romance bloom? Or to snicker every now and then over the naivety of the Dragon King and the ice face Loufeng Lord, when what they thought they were doing right were all going wrong? It is exciting as Liu Ying gets better in every rebirth. And the little green bird Qing Qing is so adorable and cute as a bug as she goes toe to toe with anyone over her Osmanthus cakes.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of love stories that transcend through multiple lifetime. The max that I can do of that is probably 2-3 lifetime. Anything more than that is a bit exhausting to me because I want everyone to be happy and together. Haha! That’s why, while I enjoyed watching the Dragon King and Liu Ying, they were not the reason why I continued watching this drama.

The second couple, Luofeng Lord and Qing Qing, were an absolute joy to watch. I think both actors did a wonderful job conveying the emotions and personalities of their characters down to the littlest details. I had a lot of fun watching the ice king melt every time he is around Qing Qing and how Qing Qing is not afraid to speak her mind even if it meant getting in trouble. I’m glad they got a happy ending! 

If someone doesn’t want to watch the drama but would like to know what happen with this couple, I found this fanmade video that did a wonderful job at telling their love story.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...