[K-Artist] Lee Joon Gi 이준기

@bluepebbles, thanks for the vids. I didn't even realize that I needed to hear Lee Joon Gi and Yoo Seung Chan covering Jason Mraz until I watched it! I think I was really only aware of LJG as a model who looked like a living anime and an actor who threw himself into every project albeit with a tiny danger of overacting at times. He really is a very talented man!

• Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Lee Joon Gi  as Wang So

Such a tragic story. This drama could have had a happy ending but these netizens sure are problematic. 
Wang So grew up with no love, no warmth and trained to be a killer from a young age. He was raised to be independent, strong and confident. This trait of his left him all alone because no one could understand what he was thinking about. His ideas mad him seem like a monster but his ideas changed his peoples lives . He was remembered as a monster but he accomplished a lot for his people. I will continue to post some other roles I saw him in that was memorable to me. 

• Like 5

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

ᗰᗩᑎ Iᑎ ᗩᑕ丅Iᗝᑎ𝕃𝔼𝔼 𝕁𝕆𝕆ℕ 𝔾𝕀

Ke0Kw-OEEX7RvbyPYhLaDQPeXcpQxamwpcfXSP2Q

Lee Joon Gi is originally known as kkotminam (flower boy) but through the years he had been considered as one of the prominent action stars in k-ent. His remarkable performance from 'Time Between Dog and Wolf' and 'Iljimae' gave him the manly image. He said he loves to do action scenes given that he is skilled from few martial arts like judo, taekwando, hapkido as well as jiujitsu which he is pursuing right now. 

In 2016, because of one video clip , Resident Evil director Paul Anderson offered Lee Joon Gi a role to appear on the latest installment Resident Evil : Final Chapter. The director asked JG  after he was blown away by his charismatic moves and intense gaze. 

Spoiler

Here are some of his stunts , what are your faves so far? 

Spoiler

This one is my top fave, he can simply pose a napoleon pose flawlessly 

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I had only really become a fan of Lee Joon-gi after his tour de force stint in Moon Lovers even though I had seen him in Two Weeks (which I mostly like), Joseon Gunman ( which I have mixed feelings about) and Iljimae (which I am largely indifferent to). After Moon Lovers I tracked down Arang and the Magistrate which I enjoyed very much.

Moon Lovers had its flaws but there's no denying that Lee Joon-gi did his best work there. He gives an immersive, multi-faceted performance. His Wang So will be remembered for a very long time. 

My favourite Lee Joon-gi moment is when he won the SBS Hallyu Star award in 2017 and thanked the international fans in English.

As a further tribute to Lee Joon-gi, I've posted a review of Lawless Lawyer

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

51 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@40somethingahjumma, I remember you kept talking about WangSo and Moon Lovers. You considered it one of the best drama in Kdramaland.

Did I? :smug: It's certainly left a mark on me. For me it was a flawed, but sumptuous tragic tale. The performances were a mixed bag to be sure. Lee Joon-gi and Kang Ha-neul were certainly standouts. Whatever faults the show had (like the editing) Wang So's journey was truly unforgettable for me. I rooted for him from start to finish despite his move into the dark side. At the time, it was a definitely crack drama for me and I loved the attention to details in the dialogue. I always said even then that the show would have benefitted from even one or two more episodes.

TBH I've seen so many good dramas these last couple of years that I'm really hard pressed trying choose my favourites these days. A few others might have knocked Moon Lovers off its perch since then. :GengarCool:

I haven't quite finished with FoE but it's been a fun ride so far. I just wish that he was more like the Talented Mr Ripley. 

Do I know you by another handle?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I'm done with FoE! I'm probably the oddball here because I have never fallen under the spell of Lee Joon Ki despite having watched Two Weeks, Joseon Gunman, The Scholars Who Walks the Night, Moon Lovers and now Flower of Evil.

I can say I still didn't fall for him like I've fallen for other actors however I want to acknowledge his great performances in Flower of Evil. I enjoyed the drama, I had liked the character and I believe playing a misunderstood character/anti-hero seems to suit him, because Wang So was misunderstood too and it makes him really charming than other roles.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 5

Ok I have to admit that Flower of Evil is only the second LJG drama I've ever watched. (Please don't bash me!! Lol)

The other drama was wayyyy back - My Girl, which was the drama that introduced me to the 3 leads (Lee Dong Wook, Lee Da Hae and Lee Joon Gi). I don't count Arang because I dropped it after a couple of eps.

I've never really followed his works but safe to say now after FOE, I will be! I was really impressed by both his and MCW's acting. Adding him to my long list of actors to follow :zzzz:

Edited by im0202
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I absolutely adored Lee Joon Gi. He's is definitely one of my favorite actors. I really like that he doesn't choose the same type of roles/characters to play every time. It's always something new and refreshing. Time Between Dog and Wolf would remain as one of my favorite Lee Joon Gi drama because well, Lee Joon Gi and Jung Kyoung Ho bromance was love. :cool:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

𝕁𝕠𝕠𝕟 𝔾𝕚 𝟛𝟘 𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕖 - Day 1

The Moment You Start to Like Joongi

When the casting news about Arang was released in 2012, I got curious about the plot at first, and initially anticipated on it because of Shin Min Ah.

But the first video of JG doing his stunts- i was blown away ! He reminds me of other action stars (Bruce Lee for one) who do their own stunts !

• Like 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil Interview

In the blink of an eye, it’s almost time for the last episode of Flower Of Evil, starring Lee Joon-gi. Thanks to Viu, we were able to get the affable actor to answer some of our burning questions regarding his experience filming Flower Of Evil, what projects he wants to pursue next, and his love for BTS.

1. What was the most memorable part of filming Flower of Evil?

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil reading script
Image credit: @actor_jg

I remember every day of our shooting. I’m active on the set and the crew members and I are always there for each other. This way, I believe we can turn the tiring shoot into a fun memory with smiles. I always have nothing but pleasant memories.

2. Out of all the roles you’ve played so far, which has been the most challenging?

Spoiler

Lee Joon-gi Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Image credit: Fanpop

I’ve done a lot of historical and action genres and I think most of the productions had moments that were physically demanding. On both extremely hot or cold days, I only wore a hanbok (traditional Korean costume) and filmed a lot of vigorous action scenes that could possibly injure my body. However, looking back now, I think every moment remains a fun and precious memory rather than a tough and tiring one.

3. What kind of roles would you like to try out in the future?

Since I have had my shot at both suspense and melodramatic genres, I would like to take on the challenge of romantic comedy next. (laughs)

4. Which dramas and variety shows have you been watching lately?

Spoiler

lee joon gi iu knowing bros

Image adapted from: Viu

I enjoy watching JTBC’s Knowing Bros. Also, although it isn’t a TV program, I am into watching history lectures on YouTube when I have the time. I’ve liked history since I was a student and I enjoy watching such videos these days because there are many people who explain history in a fun way through the platform.

5. What’s the most-played song on your phone right now?

I have been enjoying BTS’s songs recently. To me, they are a group that puts up perfect performances and song lyrics, along with really good melodies in their songs. Due to that, I have added almost all of their songs into my music playlist and will put them on when I want to listen to songs when I go for drives.

6. Do you have a habit of eating late at night?

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil bar

Most of my fans already know this – I really enjoy my beers and therefore will end my night by drinking a can of beer on my own. Recently, I have been watching Flower of Evil while drinking beer and I really think it fits the atmosphere of the drama. Therefore, the fans and I have created a thing called “Flower Beer Day” where we enjoy both the drama and a can of beer when new episodes get aired.

7. How do you keep yourself motivated?

Spoiler

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil stills

I actually receive energy from the film set. Rather than being at home, the process of moving towards a common goal with the crew members gives me a lot of strength. I’m gaining energy by working with the crew members on the Flower of Evil film set. If you come back home to some cold beer after such a passionate day, there is nothing else that beats the healing power of it. (laughs)

8. Cats or dogs?

Spoiler

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil dogs in pool

I prefer dogs. In reality, I am living with two dogs of mine called Ggabi and Jjooni and I think that they are absolutely lovely. They both have given me a lot of strength.

9. Have you been doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu these days and which belt are you at now?

Spoiler

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil brazilian jiu jitsu

Although I haven’t been able to do much due to the fact that I have to be filming, I did manage to receive a blue belt last year. After we are done with the filming of Flower of Evil, I would really like to start sweating out by exercising again.

• Like 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor