[K-Artist] Lee Joon Gi 이준기

2 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

I have been enjoying BTS’s songs recently. To me, they are a group that puts up perfect performances and song lyrics, along with really good melodies in their songs. Due to that, I have added almost all of their songs into my music playlist and will put them on when I want to listen to songs when I go for drives.

Yay! Lee Joon Gi is also an ARMY! :heart::taebtsthanks:

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
4 hours ago, chibipuffin said:

I first noticed LJG in My Girl. At that time I had the second lead syndrome so naturally I was drawn to him. After watching The King and The Clown, time between dog and wolf and Iljimae, I became a fan. 

Hi !! :yayaya:

I also first saw him there but was drawn with the main leads. All I can remember was he looks like a character straight from anime ! 

Then he posed this entirely different persona in his succeeding roles, shedding off the flower boy image :eeeee: 

Speaking of The King and the Clown, iqiyi is featuring his movie ^^ 

• Like 5

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

On 9/24/2020 at 11:16 PM, im0202 said:

Ok I have to admit that Flower of Evil is only the second LJG drama I've ever watched. (Please don't bash me!! Lol)

The other drama was wayyyy back - My Girl, which was the drama that introduced me to the 3 leads (Lee Dong Wook, Lee Da Hae and Lee Joon Gi). I don't count Arang because I dropped it after a couple of eps.

I've never really followed his works but safe to say now after FOE, I will be! I was really impressed by both his and MCW's acting. Adding him to my long list of actors to follow 

WHY.IS.THIS.ME?! :shocked:

I had watched Joseon Gunman, Arang and Scarlet Heart Ryeo- dropped it all after few eps. Don't get me wrong guys, it's just my unhealthy habit watching ongoing dramas, got tired of waiting for the next episodes until I forgot about it. It has nothing to do with his acting or the story. It's just me. :nervous: That's why I am so proud of myself now that I able to finished Flower Of Evil (superb story and acting)--- which gave me more  reasons to appreciate him as an actor.

Edited by abovewalls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, abovewalls said:

WHY.IS.THIS.ME?! :shocked:

I had watched Joseon Gunman, Arang and Scarlet Heart Ryeo- dropped it all after few eps. Don't get me wrong guys, it's just my unhealthy habit watching ongoing dramas, got tired of waiting for the next episodes until I forgot about it. It has nothing to do with his acting or the story. It's just me. :nervous: That's why I am so proud of myself now that I able to finished Flower Of Evil (superb story and acting)--- which gave me more to reasons to appreciate him as an actor.

Me too actually! He's absolutely my favorite actor. But I haven't watched those three either because 1) the reviews for Gunman are not that good, 2) Arang and Scholar are too cheesy for me, and 3) I can't stand the female lead in Scarlet Heart. Also, I'm not really a fan of skipping worlds/eras trope. So I've never tried it. Although Wang So kept tempting me with his visuals.

13 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

Hi !! :yayaya:

I also first saw him there but was drawn with the main leads. All I can remember was he looks like a character straight from anime ! 

Then he posed this entirely different persona in his succeeding roles, shedding off the flower boy image :eeeee: 

Speaking of The King and the Clown, iqiyi is featuring his movie ^^ 

Thanks! I planned to watch The King and The Clown again this weekend. Fun fact: when my late grandma saw his character on TV, she told me the actress was pretty 😂

Edited by stroppyse
Please remove images from your quotes. Thank you.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just a note to any LJG lurkers, we won't know who to give the badges to if you don't post. The badge award is only awarded during this event week  and so post by today (27 Sept).

@lydialiem ..come post again to get that cute badge. I saw you post before this :wow:

@atingngpex come pali pali post something here :D

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

👋 Hi there... this is my first time posting in here... just dropping by..and also I just want to express my gratitude for this awesome human being.. LEE JOONGI.. im not really a hardcore fan of his.. but i watched some his old works like.. Time bet dog & Wolf & My girl( i actually watched it a year after it was shown and bought the DVD) :lol:.. what truly cement my likeness for him was when i watch Joseon Gunman ( coz i actually shipped him with NamSangMi in TBDAW😂) then the rest is history...I got giddy when he got paired with my all time queen MOON CHAEWON in CriminalMindsKR and spazz even without a romance arc in that drama..:cry:

and then who would guess that this 2020 will give us FLOWER OF EVIL..

anyways.. now i dont only like him but I LOVE HIM as i get to know more of him..thanks @bluepebbles for all your LEE JOONGI trivia ... I’m looking forward to see more of him in his future projects and wish him the best in everything...

LEE JOONGI.... I Support you :1000:.. Have a nice day everyone!:love: 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 5
28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Just a note to any LJG lurkers, we won't know who to give the badges to if you don't post. The badge award is only awarded during this event week  and so post by today (27 Sept).

Actually, the way to get the cute LJG Appreciation badge is to post. Lurkers don't get anything, I'm afraid. Today (Sunday) is the last day that we're giving out these badges though.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, thealterego said:

I'll never get over Flower of Evil and how awestruck I am with Lee Joon Gi's acting.

Can anyone suggest Joongi dramas/movies that would be a crime not to watch?

I really enjoyed watching him in Lawless Lawyer...he was so cute and gangsta at the same time doing his own action..amazing!

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

59 minutes ago, thealterego said:

I'll never get over Flower of Evil and how awestruck I am with Lee Joon Gi's acting.

I second the Lawless Lawyer as well! There is a review of this drama in the review section of this site if you want to check it out.

Though, I also really liked him in Arang and the Magistrate. Also, he was amazing in Two Weeks, though be warned that Two Weeks is not a romance.

Finally, a lot of people really liked him in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, though I personally have no opinion that I'm willing to share about that drama. :D

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Finally, a lot of people really liked him in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, though I personally have no opinion that I'm willing to share about that drama. :D

I will share and say that Scarlet is my least favorite LJG drama. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I really enjoyed watching him in Lawless Lawyer...he was so cute and gangsta at the same time doing his own action..amazing!

@abs-oluteM This right here is one of the things I like about him. He's sooo hands on with everything. Even in FOE, lol less work for his stunt double.

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@stroppyse haha I watched Sacrlet Heart Ryeo, he was sooo good in it, but SHR is not something Id rewatch. OMG id love to see him do another sageuk, though Ive heard he wont be doing sageuk after SHR. Sad. 

@bluepebbles omo omoo. With Ethan Ruan??? Yay!

Thanks guysss. I have a lot to catch up on joongi's filmography. Haha

Edited by stroppyse
Please remove images, gifs, vids, etc. from your quotes. Thank you.
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

For me SHR is a one time watch because the only good thing that I appreciated is LJG. The rests weren’t impressive to me. I watched the original version so for me the K version is underwhelming. But still it’s not a horrible drama like what some people said. It’s a good drama that doesn’t deserved the slagging to that extent. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

For me SHR is a one time watch because the only good thing that I appreciated is LJG. The rests weren’t impressive to me. I watched the original version so for me the K version is underwhelming. But still it’s not a horrible drama like what some people said. It’s a good drama that doesn’t deserved the slagging to that extent. 

Hmm. Perhaps if you had watched it understanding the Korean language, you would have understood why the domestic Korean audience slagged it so much?

To be fair, I wasn't able to finish watching SHR, so probably not fair to comment on it.

• Insightful 2
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Hmm. Perhaps if you had watched it understanding the Korean language, you would have understood why the domestic Korean audience slagged it so much?

Maybe.....but since it's an adaptation from C novel and drama the writer at least had to stick to certain points???  What is the slagging points from the K viewers???

So maybe like I was slagging certain C drama that portrayed everything wrong??? :Ghastlel:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, thealterego said:

Try Time between Dog and Wolf. It's one of his early works. It's a revenge thriller and he looked so cute with his squishy cheeks. He also got amnesia in that story too 😅 His role helped him break out of his flower boy image. His co star in that drama is Jo Kyung Ho from Hospital Playlist. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
On 9/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, bluepebbles said:

𝕁𝕠𝕠𝕟 𝔾𝕚 𝟛𝟘 𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕖

Are you a newbie , or long time fan of JG? Here's more to spazz about this pure , multi-talented actor !

Come and join us in  JG's 30 days challenge ! 

Let's explore  together  :hearties:

Thanks @stroppyse for the translation :eeeee:

The first picture I've saved of him was...in my closet. I can't attach the picture here. But it's  from My Girl Era with that fringe hair and dangly earings. It was such a look and he rocked it better than anyone else!

Edited by bluepebbles
Removed quoted image 🙂
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, thealterego said:

haha I watched Sacrlet Heart Ryeo, he was sooo good in it, but SHR is not something Id rewatch. OMG id love to see him do another sageuk, though Ive heard he wont be doing sageuk after SHR. Sad. 

Oh really:shocked:?! Why?!:shocked2: he was so handsome in there...but honestly though I agree that SHR is not a rewatch drama..to me it’s too heavy for me to rewatch...unless I want a good cry:laugh: I think the only series I might consider rewatching again is Lawless Lawyers.

9 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

you can try his film Never Say Goodbye ! I love how he ventured to extaordinary casting like this one. And Ethan Ruan is here too ! 

He has the Hyun Su haircut!:MewGiggle:

10 hours ago, thealterego said:

I'll never get over Flower of Evil and how awestruck I am with Lee Joon Gi's acting

Same! I’m still struck that next week we are not gonna have another episode of FOE 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif