[K-Artist] Lee Joon Gi 이준기

(ENG translation) Lee Joon Gi’s Interview for Allure Korea, December 2020

𝙽𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙸𝚂 𝚃𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁, 𝙻𝙴𝙴 𝙹𝙾𝙾𝙽 𝙶𝙸

266ae0e053aa32c0af87e955d698f0da9c706bba

Actor Lee Joon Gi is just never satisfied. It’s only been a month since <Flower of Evil> ended, but he is already thinking about what to do next.

Allure – It’s so great to see you again.

JG – How long has it been? Has it been about 3 years? When was it we went to Canada?

Allure – Speaking of which, I still vividly remember this from our photoshoot in Canada. We were told it’s a dry area like a desert, but it suddenly started raining and everyone was befuddled. But you said you were fine and didn’t care; that it didn’t matter if we were shooting in the rain or if we were going to have to stay longer. As an editor, I found it very reassuring.

JG – It’s not like I got caught in the rain alone. Everyone would be equally affected by the rain during the shoot. Just right at the time, though, I had this feeling that the photos would turn out great. That pictorial is one of the top 5 favorites among my fans.

Allure – The 2016 pictorial was entitled ‘Welcome Spring, Wish You Great Luck,’ and your drama became a hit.

JG – That’s also among the top 5 pictorials! It was right before I started filming <Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo>. I was worried because I had put on some weight, but the photos turned out so great. <Allure> never disappoints. The moment I walked into the studio today, I was already in high spirits.

Spoiler

Allure – I can’t tell if you’re telling me the truth, but I am very grateful to hear that. (Laughs) Anyway, I’ve known you for 10 years, but you have never changed. No matter where you are, you are always passionate and kind to everyone on set, and still there’s no news of you getting married.

JG – I have nothing to say to that… It’s not like I don’t want to get married. I get asked a lot about getting married, and I do think a lot about it, as well, but…

Allure – When you reach a certain age, doesn’t it occur to you that it’s not just about you not wanting to get married, but also about not being able to get married?

JG – Exactly. I’m beginning to think that I might not be able to get married, but I want to when I find the person I’m destined to meet. I think more and more about it now that my latest drama made me feel the warmth of a family.

fa837dcb8a6ade64bb460d62d9541ef9db0aad2bb763984650231140b5418c6cb380435727180deb

Allure – When I first watched <Flower of Evil> on TV, you were hanging from this apartment balcony.

JG –  You thought ‘that person’s at it again,’ didn’t you? Once the shoot begins, I don’t feel like this is my own body. I shot the scene in three parts: I was actually hanging from a real apartment building; I also shot it indoors; and we shot it on an outdoor set we’d created.

Allure – From then onwards, I watched it when it actually aired. As a viewer, I thought it was a great drama. What did you think from an actor’s point of view?

JG – I hadn’t done such a great drama in a while. I know that I can’t be satisfied with my work every time, but this is the project where I accomplished a certain goal of mine.

Allure – Certain goal of yours? What was that?

JG – Doing a project where I could stay focused until the very end of it and which kept viewers curious. My goal has always been doing a great work that both can convince viewers and is meaningful to me. It takes many different elements to coalesce well to produce this one result, so it cannot be perfect all the time. Sometimes, you get distracted and end up with a disappointing outcome, but for this drama, the director, the actors, the production staff all worked so well together so we kept going all the way like that to the very end. Because of them, I could feel more comfortable and focus solely on my own acting. When I was first offered <Flower of Evil>, I was not going to do it. Because I thought it was too difficult.

Allure – What convinced you then?

JG – The director is very famous for his great directing skills. I thought I was not really good enough to express the depth of my character. I didn’t have the experience of having my own family, either. The director also had some doubts about me, but after watching all my works, he said he was convinced that he could show a new version of Lee Joon Gi. He said that this drama is definitely unique and difficult, but it would be a special project where we would leave one another with something [special].

Allure – And it happened exactly as he wished it would.

JG – I think the director gained confidence while preparing this drama with the writer for a long time. He was sufficiently confident that he could get us to bring out different sides of one another and show viewers a drama they’d never seen before. Ultimately, he made a great drama and had faith in us. Watching him putting in so much hard work to bring everything into harmony, I realized that he wasn’t just ‘director Kim Chul Gyu’ for nothing.

Allure – In fact, we’d been talking about having this interview and photoshoot since August. I heard the filming kept getting delayed, right?

JG – Originally, the drama was supposed to wrap up no later than mid-August. But we had Covid-19, a rainy season, and a typhoon, so we ended up filming for 7 months until September. But I am so glad we could finish it safely despite all the difficulties.

Allure – Maybe that’s why the actors had such great chemistry. You were great with Moon Chae Won, who played your wife, but your chemistry with Seo Hyun Woo, who played ‘Moojin,’ was so great, too.

JG – I think Hyunwoo made a huge contribution to creating the character of Do Hyun Soo early in the drama. Of course it is important for actors to focus on their own characters, but at the end of the day, you need reactions from your co-stars that support and make your performance shine, and he did such a great job in that regard. In the beginning of the drama, I had to look like a real psychopath. Early on, Hyunwoo helped me a lot in building my character by giving me great reactions. Early in the drama, I was supposed to look expressionless and emotionless, so I was very limited in expressing my character.

b4e6dca9aeccccbbb47aa9db0c9f3d0541de7ae8

Allure – You always play roles who suffer physically or emotionally. Even when you play a prince. It’s not like you enjoy the suffering, do you?

JG – Now, it’s like an addiction… (Laughs) They say Lee Joon Gi is the personification of blood, sweat, tears. I guess [earning] that kind of epithet… is good. I want to do things where typically others try to take it easy, when I am still brimming with passion both physically and mentally.

Allure – Once again, you had so many physically demanding scenes in this drama. Are you okay using your body like that? I get lower back pain at work when I’m close to the deadline.

JG – Strangely, I don’t get sick.. yet. (Laughs) The mind rules the body. You should keep reminding yourself, ‘I am like in my 20s! I can do it! I have only just started! I’m starting afresh!’

Everyone around me wanted me to choose that kind of role. I also thought I needed it. <Flower of Evil> put a lot of pressure on me, but I wanted to let go of some of the eagerness I had. This time, I didn’t watch any monitors [on set] at all. Instead, I focused on manifesting the character inside of me more by doing enough rehearsals on set.

Spoiler

Allure – You sound like my mother…

JG – Haha! When I’m at work, I want to pursue fun and stay cheerful. Instead of getting overwhelmed by stress and not being able to show what I want to do and then regretting it later, I want to have fun at work while showing people all I’ve got. If I can cheer up the staff that way when they’re exhausted, then it’s a win-win for both of us. Taking care of your body is also important. I practiced jiu jitsu so hard for two years, but this year I was forced to take a break. This year I couldn’t do enough to take care of my body. But there’s nothing I can do because everyone is having a hard time.

Allure – That’s why there’s this notion that you always play passionate roles and are great at giving very tense performances. But in <Flower of Evil>, you got to balance it out. Wasn’t it the kind of role that actor Lee Joon Gi needed most?

JG – Everyone around me wanted me to choose that kind of role. I also thought I needed it. <Flower of Evil> put a lot of pressure on me, but I wanted to let go of some of the eagerness I had. This time, I didn’t watch any monitors [on set] at all. Instead, I focused on manifesting the character inside of me more by doing enough rehearsals on set.

2d4957172dd09feab193ff9b996d5e58813c0c57

Allure – Rehearsals? Like in a play or musical?

JG – It’s about creating many different things based on the script before the shoot began. It’s when the actors try out the things they prepared before coming to the set. Normally, we roughly work out details of how we move before the actual shoot begins. But [for this drama] we were sort of filling in the gaps through the rehearsals, like getting serious and doing things properly. Actually, that’s the right way to go.

Allure – Do Hyun Soo believes he doesn’t have emotions, but he actually does. You had to highlight that subtlety. How did you approach your role?

JG – I had no idea at all about when Do Hyun Soo would start feeling emotions during filming. When will these emotions unlock? I was waiting for that moment as well with each passing episode. I kept imagining the past stories this character has while waiting. If I got greedy and let in even a tiny bit of my eagerness, I could have upset the balance of my character. Also, characteristically, the drama is not filmed in chronological order, so I paid a bit more attention to staying focused on my character.

Allure – What scene did you find most thrilling?

JG – In the heart of those emotions unlocking and exploding, there is Jiwon (played by Moon Chae Won). I spent a whole month thinking about it after receiving the script: Should I just cry desperately, or should I hang on to it desperately, letting it play out longer. I thought, when Hyunsoo felt this emotion he had never felt before in his life, he would cry like a newborn baby. When viewers watching the scene felt the stirring [of the emotion] and sadness along with him, so when I connected with the viewers and convinced them, it was really thrilling.

Allure – Actors normally give interviews right before their project begins or right after. Which do you like better?

JG –  Those are two completely different things. When I do interviews before a project begins, there’s a mix of anticipation, wanting to promote the project, and a great deal of fear. When I do interviews after the project has ended, I get to recap the things I was satisfied with because I was able to focus on myself or the things I was not satisfied with. If I fell short, then I’d start thinking about things I have to do after [the project]. I feel like emptying it all out. Or when I feel too distressed or empty, doing works like this [photoshoots] fills me up. Last night, I couldn’t sleep well either.

Spoiler

Allure – I hear nowadays viewers watch dramas while chatting in real time, am I right? Suppose you reply to comments like ‘Lee Joon Gi always does a good job’ anonymously, what would you say?

JG –  ‘Lee Joon Gi IS “뭔들” (there isn’t anything he can’t do).’ I love compliments. I love it when I receive compliments. I can’t pay attention to the talk [live chat on the Naver drama channel] while watching the drama, but I do check the talk when the broadcast starts and when it ends. When I see the talk [chat] room getting all active, then I say to myself, ‘Ah, today’s episode was great, too.’ This time I enjoyed the drama a lot as well.

Allure – I guess you should work with the Flower of Evil Team again on your next project.

JG – I already told them, let’s do another project. Haha.

Allure – I think it made you more worried about your next project. Do you still worry that you have to show people something new?

JG – I am very obsessed about it [showing people something new]. I had always done at least one project each year, but last year I took a break without doing any project. I was afraid and under a lot of pressure that I’d have to show people a new side of me. Because when I do a project where I can put my talent to good use, I might end up being a parody of myself. Now that there are a wider variety of types of consumers and platforms, some people told me that it’s important I shouldn’t take a break. Then there are also people who told me, just as you unknowingly get your clothes wet in drizzle, I should just keep working to narrow this disconnect between me and people. So I ended up spending the whole year having all kinds of thoughts. Nowadays, production periods got longer so if I don’t decide fast enough, then the project goes away. Even now, I am feeling very pressured. I am constantly reading scripts, but I haven’t made up my mind yet.

Allure – Still, they say that the profession of acting is about being chosen. What kind of role are you waiting now?

JG – Now that I had so much fun doing this ‘suspense melodrama,’ I want to do [more] melodramas. I want to show you myself in a more comfortable and warmer role, and also want to do a project about beautiful love before I get older. Or, I think now I want to play a really ordinary role where I get to loosen up. In the past, I wanted to surprise viewers when they watched me, even if that meant I got my bones broken and flesh torn. Now I like loosening up more and more. As I get more experience and get older, I think I’ve gotten this desire to do something more natural.

Allure – We had a relaxing vibe to today’s photoshoot as well.

JG – But I was like jumping around today as usual. How come they don’t let me use my body during photoshoots nowadays? They keep telling me to stay still…. (Laughs) I had so much fun doing it so freely today. I’ve been feeling empty and hollow since the drama ended. I think I’m feeling more so about this drama. I guess more so, because it was such a difficult drama.

Allure –  There’s such a thing as trends in photoshoots, as well. (Laughs) You guys made this amazing drama by working hard together, but you can’t do a wrap party or go on a trip due to the current situation. Aren’t you disappointed?

JG – True. All I do now is drinking alcohol alone at home… I can recharge [properly] when there’s something I can manifest, but I cannot do that now. If things were normal, I would be busy preparing for my fan meetings. Or I’d be starting on my next project right away. But this year, there is only very little I can do. That’s why each of these photoshoots is so fun.

Allure – I was told last year it was the longest time you’ve been away from work, except for the military service. Looking back, what do you make of that time?

JG – I think it definitely gave me something: whether it was stimulation, deeper thoughts, or expanding my inner world… I got to thinking, Wasn’t I being too scared doing my work? The more experience I get, the more scared I get. And I constantly get hesitant. But I think those things were useless. So I am not going to do that anymore. While I was on a break, I practiced jiu jitsu hard and earned a colored belt. My greatest accomplishment last year was earning that jiu jitsu belt. When my master put the belt on me, saying, “Thank you so much for practicing hard without a break,” I felt even happier than when I won an award.

Allure – Still, there’s a lot more about your private life you don’t let people know. You still don’t want to guest-appear on observational entertainment shows like <I Live Alone>? It could give you the opportunity to show a charming, genuine side of you, don’t you think?

JG – With the camera present, I’d come across as so fake. Instead of being charming, I’d end up being unlikable. I’ve gotten a lot of offers [to appear on such variety shows], but I don’t think I can act natural. I guess when they watch observational programs, viewers think celebrities are human beings after all, but for me, I get comfort watching them, thinking, the lives my peers are living aren’t so different from mine. Like, I’m not alone in living such a non-celebrity life!”

Allure – If you were to appear on <Radio Star> or <I Live Alone>, which would you choose?

JG – I think I’d rather be on <Radio Star>. I love having someone ask me questions and answering them, and variety program PDs have told me that I do my best and am so sincere I don’t look like an actor. Even for <Knowing Bros>, I decided to appear on it to help Jieun (IU) out, but I ended up trying so hard.

58f10c50d8294e743c5662876c5db8acfcdddfa32bcba174bce903b66347b48569f6e46f01bd7470

Allure – This year, everyone became a homebody. A lot of people say they’re watching old dramas on Wavve or Tving. What would you recommend to people from your filmography?

JG – There are a lot of works you can enjoy. There is not a thing I did halfheartedly. It’s a very old one, but I strongly recommend you to watch <Time Between Dog and Wolf>. <Moon Lovers> is great, too. <Moon Lovers> has been popular for four years now. It has a lot of international fans. It gets talked about again and again when the actors I worked with on it become successful.

Allure – Come to think of it, all the princes are so brilliant in different ways, aren’t they?

JG – It had [Nam] Joohyuk, Baekhyun, and [Kang] Haneul in it. Fans really want Season 2, but now, we cannot get the cast back together. (Laughs) Personally, the drama broadened my fan base as an actor. Elementary school students love it as well. There are also people who say they’re binge-watching <Moon Lovers> after finishing <Flower of Evil>. Am I bragging too much?

Allure – It’s good to see an actor being proud of his own filmography.

JG – I love my own works so much, and you know, there are videos of reactions to my works on YouTube. When I watch those videos while drinking alcohol in the evening, I cry along with those people in the videos. (Laughs)

Allure – You watch reaction videos while drinking alone. (Laughs) Do you still dance when you drink alcohol?

JG – Nowadays, I sing more than I dance. I love songs by Kim Kwang Seok. I have five wireless mics at home. Among the latest songs, I love songs by BTS, but they are so hard to sing along to. I just keep singing ‘Blood Sweat & Tears.’ Now it feels like my own song.

Allure – So is Lee Joon Gi’s motto still ‘Blood, Sweat, Tears’?

JG – That’s right. Of course, it means I do things fiercely, but it also means I put my heart and soul into something. It’s impossible not to have any regrets, but at least I can keep my regrets to a minimum that way.

end.

source : allaboutjoongi

• Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 3 weeks later...

Day 28: JG's best outfit

This promotion picture for FoE. I just love the blazer and monochrome look on him. So mature and refined.

spacer.png

Day 29: 3 attractive points about Joon Gi

1) He's hot lol

2) I love his work ethics

3) His relationship with kids. He makes me want to be a mother :GengarAww:

Day 30: Something that you want to say personally to him

I know that you want to get along with everyone and carry the weight. But it will wear you out. Please take some time for yourself. 

Edited by chibipuffin
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

0209509c57e18c477f8927e06ebb2030ecde7fbc

Lee Joon Gi: “I feel a sense of achievement when I can help people heal as an actor”

[Star’s Photoshoot]  (2021.01.04)

(https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000381071) 

Lee Joon Gi graces the beginning of the new year of 2021 with glitter.

Lee Joon Gi’s cover for the January issue of Chinese fashion magazine “WAVES 漫潮” has been released.

Last year, he heated up the small screen and made a successful comeback after two years’ hiatus with drama ‘Flower of Evil,’ where his top-notch performance and dazzling visuals drew acclaim. His spine-chilling turn as a two-faced character and heartbreaking melodramatic performance were both touching and entertaining. This gift from Lee Joon Gi captivated fans not just in Korea but also across Asia, Europe, and even the U.S., demonstrating his indomitable global impact.

The news of Lee Joon Gi’s gracing the cover of the Chinese fashion magazine’s first issue of 2021 has attracted the attention of many fans, raising our expectations for the next step he will take as a hallyu star this year.

The January issue of “WAVES 漫潮” contains Lee Joon GI’s indescribably charming photos and his honest interview. It offers a glimpse of his thoughts as he never stops thinking hard about how to show people a better version of himself as an actor.

Following ‘Flower of Evil,’ he got many people curious about his next project. To that he answered, “I am carefully considering several offers. I am thinking hard about what I can do to show a new side of me in my next project.”

Asked what he considers the most important as an actor, he reveals his earnest devotion to acting: “I think the best part of being a professional actor is when I get to help people heal. That is when this job of acting feels most rewarding and I feel the greatest sense of achievement. I will continue to work hard and become an actor that does not miss even a tiny thing.”  source

a4a746f584bd716f82b2f8e076b5db875aa65f70c712e707a3ffdb67f2ef53c6ce6bca5f220ca911

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

d38442c01f411f698da1b2f39069abb9b573b5f7

Lee Joon Gi’s interview with Marisol (2021/01/01)

(source – https://marisol.hpplus.jp/article/63336/01/)

Q. Can you tell us about the role you play in Flower of Evil, Baek Hee Seong?

JG – I play Do Hyun Soo who lives as Baek Hee Seong. In the past 14 years, he has concealed his cruel past, lived under a false identity, made a family of his own to live a new life, deceived his loving wife, and pretended to love her. I was hoping that you (viewers) would also feel all kinds of emotions while watching Do Hyun Soo’s story, such as tension and thrill, throughout all the 16 episodes. That is what I focused on when I played this role.

Q. Why did you choose to star in this drama?

JG – It was not an easy decision to make. Because initially I thought I was not suited for this character, and that in depicting this character’s story – whether in real life or in terms of my acting career – I was probably too young to play such a character with so much depth. (Laughs) So I thought long and hard about it and felt under a lot of pressure. Of course, it was the director and the production team who offered me the role first, but I really thought very hard about it. Many people around me tried to persuade me to take it, saying that it would be a new challenge for me and another turning point in my acting career. Moon Chae Won also suggested I do it, cheering me on: That this character, Do Hyun Soo, was the center of this drama, and it might be difficult to play; but this was a role that Lee Joon Gi could do, and it would be an opportunity for me to broaden my range as an actor. Since so many people around me said things like that to me, I thought very hard about those things, read the script over and over, and studied it for a long time. Then it occurred to me that this was a very unique drama and it was so amazing how it had two conflicting values – thriller and romance – in it. So I thought, ‘This is a challenge and it will help me grow further.’ I consider this a challenge I took on in my career as an actor. It was a challenge rather than a choice.

Q. Of the scenes and lines you performed, can you tell us about one that you find particularly memorable?

Spoiler

JG – Each and every scene was not easy as they all lead to the story that comes later. It is very difficult to choose one particular scene. Each episode has some great scenes. All of those scenes were necessary to trace the life of Do Hyun Soo. However, if I had to choose one, it would be the scene where the emotions of Do Hyun Soo, who cannot feel anything, are released for the first time. I worried a lot about how to express that kind of emotional release, which comes from the desperation of not wanting to lose what he values most when he is forced into this extreme situation. I thought, if not done properly, that scene would not be convincing. I also thought, to viewers, that emotional release might seem so sudden especially after following so closely the emotions and situations of Do Hyun Soo all along. It could have made all the relationships [Hyun Soo has with other characters] fall to pieces, throw the drama off balance, and even cause what Do Hyun Soo pictured [in his mind] to fall apart. In that sense, the scene where Hyunsoo bursts out crying for the first time in front of Jiwon was very difficult, but I think many viewers also felt his sadness and found it heartbreaking. This is a scene where Hyunsoo lets out all the emotions he’s feeling in front of Jiwon, and it is precisely because of this scene that Jiwon once again begins to trust Do Hyun Soo, the husband she so loves. It was difficult throughout starting with the rehearsal, and we constantly made changes, but the director continued to come up with ideas and I discussed with him what I had prepared. We put a lot of thought into that scene. Thankfully, viewers also felt sad while watching it, so I find that scene memorable.

43b50cfee4e9e792fc3fc8932875e074dd58f46d

Q. In the drama, you performed the duality of your character with delicacy. Do you feel that you, Lee Joon Gi, have two sides?

JG – I think everyone has two sides. In this day and age, though, doesn’t everyone live a life where they hide themselves while always thinking about how they look to the world? I do think everyone lives this way, hiding themselves… Of course, I also have two sides to me. I think I am more careful and hesitant than I may look to others out there; sometimes I can be a bit calculating and living with my own thoughts. Then when I come back to ‘Lee Joon Gi’ as I originally am, I think there is quite a deep side of me. As I get older these days, I have started asking myself, “What should I do to live in balance?” Isn’t it something everyone has on their mind? I think many people put on an act to a degree, just as Hyunsoo does. When you think about it, we live in an age where we cannot live expressing all our emotions, don’t we?

Q. In Japan, we have this term “イクメン” [* ikumen = a man who actively takes pleasure in childcare; source –

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20181127-ikumen-how-japans-hunky-dads-are-changing-parenting]. In the drama, there are ordinary scenes where you do housework and childcare. You performed those scenes very naturally and so perfectly. But do you enjoy housework in real life?

JG – Well, I lived alone for a long time after I’d left home at the age of 19 (laughs). I mean, I am interested in everything [about housework] but now I live with my sibling [little sister] so she does the housework and she does it very well. I don’t really do as much housework as I used to, but in the past, I especially loved cooking and making stuff for myself. Back in the military – and I was famous for this – I remember keeping things clean. If I get to have a family of my own, I will gladly take pleasure in childcare, cooking, and cleaning.

Q. It seems there are many people around the world who can’t go out as much as they want but spend more time at home due to Covid-19. Is there anything you have recently started because of the time we live in now?  

Spoiler

JG – Before [Covid-19] I had started and practiced jiu jitsu consistently for over 2 years. However, I had to stop all that because of Covid-19. Now it’s a time when I have to be careful about everything. I used to go to the gym regularly even during filming, but this year, I had no choice but to concentrate only on filming. Because, as a leading actor, I did not want to risk causing harm to anyone. So this year, I would say I stopped [jiu jitsu] for a while, rather than losing my hobby. Instead, I have started walking. I was very worried that if I did not train my body this way, I would get [easily] tired when I do something. Before I had started jiu jitsu, I’d loved walking anyway, so I started walking again. I started walking at the Han River, following all the infection prevention guidelines and putting on a thick mask. So when I went for a walk like this for the first time in a long time, it felt refreshing. I walk the same long trail I had taken before, and it is not just for exercising, but I enjoy walking while listening to music without thinking about anything, or while thinking about various things. I think walking around like that, completely free from any thoughts at all, ultimately helps refresh myself. I think life is similar to walking, so every time I go for a walk, I feel like I get to look back on my life, and I think that’s good. In every aspect, many people, not just me, are living restricted lives these days, but I hope that we all get through this and I suggest we do it by trying simple things, one by one, just as I do – so we can stay healthy both physically and mentally.  

Q. What kind of genre and role do you want to try in the future?

Spoiler

JG – So far, I have done a lot of genre (-specific) works, like action and romance. You know, most Korean dramas have romance in them, and they always have romance aspects to them, don’t they? (laughs) Many of those fans who love me often tell me they want to see me in a romance, but hey, I have not done a single project that does not have romance in it. It is just that many of my works fall under the genres of action and thriller, but I think they all have romantic aspects to them… But after finishing this drama [Flower of Evil], I did feel like I had done a romantic drama (melodrama) I had been avoiding before. I think it blends thriller and romance harmoniously, and once again made me think a lot about what love is. I have always been interested in stories about love, and I have always thought I want to express a love between man and woman, the most basic kind of love. If I can, I want to do a project that focuses on a love between man and woman. But even now, a lot of people think of ‘Lee Joon Gi’ when it comes to action, so I still get a lot of offers in that genre [action]. To directors [specializing] in the romance genre, please keep me in mind (laughs). Or else, I want to play a role where I let go of anything that’s weighing me down… I want to do a role where I get to express myself freely. Without being tied to a specific genre. I think this drama [Flower of Evil] made me desire such things.

Q. Lastly, is there any message you want to send to your Japanese fans who are about to watch Flower of Evil?

JG – In Korea, the drama received so much love from many fans and viewers, and I am so grateful. From the production team to the director, the writer, all the other staff, and the actors I worked with – everyone did their best and worked so hard on this, and it turned out to be a great drama. Guys, I am so happy you guys love the passion that went into this. I hope many watch Flower of Evil. Don’t miss it! I think that Covid-19 has been very hard on the fans in Japan as well. But health always comes first! I pray that we all follow the infection prevention guidelines, stay healthy, and get to meet one another very soon. Please stay healthy, and always stay happy. Thank you very much. [In Japanese] “See you again.” source

• Like 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 5 months later...

JG is on a hibernation until now after this Baeksang stint. Seems like he is busy reviewing scripts or maybe just chilling the summer season. 

His Baeksang nom is not a shocker, i have being expecting that the award body will finally give him the noms he deserve through the years. After his Best New Actor for his titular role in The King and the Clown in 2006, the awards are bleak for this actor, even if he truly deserve the recognition. 

3826be115ca08acc25d6842057cb4e67b99d4f06

Prior to the awards night, he has a Naver Now part 2-to celebrate his 40th birthday. It was a poignant move, since he always celebrates his birthdays with fans thru fan meet. But because of the corona restrictions, he wont able to organize since last year. 

5c795692c03d6a77bffd43c8c8b6bc3e2cf4ba78

JG mentioned about his noms in the Baeksang. He said he is grateful for it and he will surely attend. Also, he promised to give back the love by doing better on his next project. 

Spoiler

Another highlight of his Naver Now 2 is IU's surprise call

He also had a mini concert to fill in the void of live audience, and seeing him perform dances and songs in flesh.

• Like 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 1 year later...

Criminal-Minds-lee-jun-ki-40596954-400-2

By Susan Han.

Lee Joon Gi, Shin Se Kyung, Jang Dong Gun & Kim Ok Bin revealed to have completed first script reading for 'Arthdal Chronicles 2'.

1660097534-20220809-a.jpg

According to media outlet reports on August 9, the cast and crew of tvN's 'Arthdal Chronicles' season 2 recently completed a script reading in preparation for the production's official filming. 

Sources confirmed that actors Lee Joon Gi, Shin Se Kyung, Jang Dong Gun and Kim Ok Bin attended this script reading back on August 6, joining Director Kim Kwang Sik and Scriptwriters Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon.

'Arthdal Chronicles' tells the story of heroes who are born in the ancient land of Arth. Season 1 originally aired in 2019 as an 18-part series starring Song Joong Ki, Kim Ji Won, Jang Dong Gun, and Kim Ok Bin. However, due to a delay in the production of season 2 by nearly 3 years, Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won have decided not to return to the cast of 'Arthdal Chronicles'. As a result, the roles of Eunseom/Saya and Tanya will be played by Lee Joon Gi and Shin Se Kyung in season 2. Jang Dong Gun and Kim Ok Bin will be returning as Tagon and Tae Alha. 

Filming for 'Arthdal Chronicles 2' is slated to kick off some time in mid-August.

source:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/08/lee-jun-ki-shin-se-kyung-jang-dong-gun-kim-ok-bin-revealed-to-have-completed-first-script-reading-for-arthdal-chronicles-2

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

9cbe0e3d6f8c25e9814c0afb846d6328.gif

Content Writing Reporter Lee Hye Jin

lee-joon-gi.jpg

Actor singer Lee Joon Gi made headlines after having a successful fan meet in Japan. After four years, the South Korean hearthrob returns, giving his global fans a fun filled day during the meet and greet.

Dubbed "Splendor Family Day, Lee Joon Gi delighted his Japanese fans by delivering a show-stopping event that took place at the PACIFICO Yokohama National Convention. The actor greeted his supporters with a bright smile and good memories as Lee Joon Gi showcased his star power.

lee-joon-gi-3.jpg

Namoo Actor

The "Criminal Minds" star proved that he is more than just a pretty face and acting skills after serenading the crowd with his amazing voice. As told by a media outlet, he opened the event by setting the mood with the song "Ma Lady."

Interestingly, the audience was surprised after the South Korean heathrob sang not just two or three songs but a total of 13, giving the crowd a night to remember. Some of the songs include Japanese versions of "The Giving Tree", "Together," and "For You," the Ost of his K-drama "Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart Ryeo."

On top of that, he also showcased his amazing dance moves for PSY and Bangtan Sonyeondan Suga's "That That," which made fans swoon over Lee Joon Gi's charm.

Spoiler

lee-joon-gi-2.jpg

With this, he also expressed his deep gratitude towards the fans who showed their support by coming to the fan meet.

On Lee Joon Gi's Instagram, he featured a glimpse of his performance, thanking fans for the amazing show.

Spoiler

lee-joon-gi-1.jpg

https://tvreport.co.kr/

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

d5fb3fe5ed8fcca3f3a2debf7a497ead92f75e02

Reporter Shin Ga Jeol

Adult version Arthdal Chronicles 2 with new lead Lee Joon Ki wraps filming and completes into casting reboot and story continuation

Spoiler

trytr.jpg

nlN.jpg

gh.webp

https://sports.khan.co.kr/

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

• 4 weeks later...

Reporter Pil Suk

6a44e-16704294743528-1920.jpg

Lee Ji Eun, popularly known by her stage name IU, and actor Lee Joon Gi are often making headlines for the way they encourage each other on their individual projects. IU sent a coffee cart to her friend Joon Gi last shooting location, showing her support for his upcoming drama Arthdal Chronicles 2.

Lee-Joongi.jpg

She also included a sweet message, which is an acrostic poem of the actor's name, on the banners of the cart. IU and Lee Joon Gi featured as leads in SBS’ period drama Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, in 2016, and have since been friends. Over the years, the two stars have continued to remain close.

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/

• Like 1